• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, time to put this back up now, NEW CHACO ANNOUNCEMENT 8/1?/09

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Nice thats some pretty sweet stuff.
Shouldn't it be like a thread that ppl aren't allowed to post on it?
Like Overswarms one in the tourney listings.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I considered that, but I think it may be better to leave it open. I could go either way, I guess I'll just do what ever FMOI wants.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We're going to have a lot of stickies here
One thing Glyph: don't get to sticky happy. Usually you don't want more then 5-6 (probably 3 tournaments + the GB ladder + the guide + discussion thread, the GB ladder will come down soonish giving you a solid mesh of 5 stickies), and that is on the high end for a room this size.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
~Kinky Bunny~ Tournament: SINGLES!

~Kinky Bunny~ Tournament: SINGLES!

The second in a series of online tournaments, brought to you by Serris and ~Kawaii Bunny~!

~General Information~

Date: December 20th, 2008
Size: 32 entrants.
Thread Link: Click Here!

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Rofl, I was just about to post if anyone wanted a sticky. I guess I have my answer.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I swear, theres too many tournaments now.
I've pretty much stopped joining them except for like 2-3 a month.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I swear, theres too many tournaments now.
I've pretty much stopped joining them except for like 2-3 a month.
You're right, and with Fatman's "How to make a proper tourney thread" everyone can make a tourney. What have we done....

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I think the "Show me your moves" tournament deserves a sticky. I've almost got 32 people signed up, and it's looking like the tournament will turn out to be very successful. Also, the OP looks cool because of all the colors. =P

EDIT: You have that there are 11/16 spots taken. There are now 27/32.

Also, about half of those are November tournaments and are already over.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
After EOS is over, I'd like Cosby Bebop stickied again because I might make it a 64 man tournament since it's my last one of the year. I know what I said earlier but I'd prefer if the remaining 32 either signed up again to show that they are still interested or new people got involved.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think the "Show me your moves" tournament deserves a sticky. I've almost got 32 people signed up, and it's looking like the tournament will turn out to be very successful. Also, the OP looks cool because of all the colors. =P

EDIT: You have that there are 11/16 spots taken. There are now 27/32.

Also, about half of those are November tournaments and are already over.
After EOS is over, I'd like Cosby Bebop stickied again because I might make it a 64 man tournament since it's my last one of the year. I know what I said earlier but I'd prefer if the remaining 32 either signed up again to show that they are still interested or new people got involved.
I told FMOI he could have his sticky back as soon as his invite only portion of the tourney was over, so I've got to give it to him. I'll keep the "Show me your moves" in mind, though.

I'm also updating the OP as we speak.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
My/our tourney has been extended into tomorrow =D
So after tomorrow you may remove the awesomness that is a Sticky =D

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm actually planning on hosting a new years tournament for the 3rd-4th of january, but I don't want anyone stealing my idea so I planned on making it really early (like today or tommorow)
But I think a month in advance is a bit too long. And I haven't hosted a tournament in a while.

CAN I REQUEST NO ONE TAKE MY IDEA?
At least for another week.

cba

Smash Master
I'm actually planning on hosting a new years tournament for the 3rd-4th of january, but I don't want anyone stealing my idea so I planned on making it really early (like today or tommorow)
But I think a month in advance is a bit too long. And I haven't hosted a tournament in a while.

CAN I REQUEST NO ONE TAKE MY IDEA?
At least for another week.
LOL im making a pre-christmas one.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
The "Glyph is a Mod" Tournament is now finished =D

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Does anyone even use that? Its not terribly hard to find the threads on the main page, but if there's any demand, I'll keep it up.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
If it does end up ppl happen to use it...
They will start clicking on these tourneys which might have been completed already and just end up bringing it up again when its not needed.

Well at least Sir "O" 's tourney make note that we don't need Sir O's tourney sticked anymore.
We can have another tourney stickked.

cba

Smash Master
If it does end up ppl happen to use it...
They will start clicking on these tourneys which might have been completed already and just end up bringing it up again when its not needed.

Well at least Sir "O" 's tourney make note that we don't need Sir O's tourney sticked anymore.
We can have another tourney stickked.
OOOH, im posting tomorrow my next one ^.^ maybe it could be stckied....

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll pick a new thread tonight, make your cases today.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
I need more people! Having my tourney sticked would surely help out a bit. STICKIED TOPICS MAINTAIN ATTENTION.

However sticked tournaments are tournaments that are well thought out, planned and are meant to be serious. I apply to, two of those things above (I can't be serious it goes against my code!)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
This tournament is:

CANCELLED.

Too many problems on Nintendo's side for us to be able to do anything.
Can you sticky my new tournament in place of Serris'?
If you can that would be awesome =D

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Since our tourney doesn't take place until next month. I say It should to stickied after Samus's tourney is completed.

crewster

Smash Lord
You know you can become a director by pasting the link of your touny in the request reason.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have an idea for a thread that I think will help this community grow. I've noticed that one of the biggest differences between this online community and AIB is that the players have more contact with the more experienced players. For example, AIB has really skilled offline players like Ally, Holynightmare, and Atomsk. I'd like to create a sort of directory that will highlight the various players of the OTL so that the community expand, encourage beginners and people new to the community, and work together to become better overall. I don't want it to become stickied but I would like a link to it in this thread once it gets made.

I really like this community but my New Year's Resolution, if you will, is to see it expand even more and to have it taken seriously by more members of the Smash Boards community as a whole. As I mentioned earlier, AIB currently runs circles around us while we only have a handful of players who really stand out and constantly win/place high in tournaments like Olimarman, dabuz, Aryman, and Zeonstar with dabuz being the only one (at least that I know of) that has ranked in offline tournaments.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Sounds like yet another great idea FMOI. I'm not sure if I can offer you a sticky for it, simply because we have a lot already :dizzy:

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Sounds like yet another great idea FMOI. I'm not sure if I can offer you a sticky for it, simply because we have a lot already :dizzy:
That last sticky we have (GB Fall thingy) I believe it was to be unstickied when it was over... I think there almost at the playoffs and soon to be over with. Maybe that could take its place or Just add a directory in the bottom of FMOI's other thread, which is stickied.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's the basic idea of my directory.

To have the player's name, FC, region they are from, self assessment of skill level (1 being thinking the controller is a TV remote and 10 being Azen or M2K), are they willing to teach (yes or no), if so, a self assessment of how good they think they are at teaching (1 being getting confused on how to put the game disc in the Wii and 10 being someone who taught many successful "students"), Top three characters, who they main, characters they are most comfortable teaching, days they are mostly available, highest tournament ranking

Here's what mine would look like:

Name: Fatmanonice (FMOI)
FC: 3007-7993-3724
Region: Midwest
Skill Level: 7/10
Willing to teach?: Yes
Teaching Level: 8/10
Top three characters: Mario, Ness, and Wario
Main: Random
Comfortable teaching: all characters
Days available: Weekends
Highest Tournament ranking: 3rd out of 64, Electric Schuffle, September 2008

I may add more categories as I see fit but I think this could act as a decent reference for people who are looking to improve or simply want a challenge.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Why don't you get started on this and we will see how it goes.
I feel thats going to be a long list XD.

It might now be a sticky for now, but your thread never needed to be stickied to remain bumped.

Top Bottom