• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, time to put this back up now, NEW CHACO ANNOUNCEMENT 8/1?/09

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Stickies should just be used for amassing members. Thats how we keep things consistant. Stickied tournaments are also "mod approved" so its helps keep attention of players. Even when unstickied, tournments who have been sticked still hold that approval.

Snare

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a thread that I think will help this community grow. I've noticed that one of the biggest differences between this online community and AIB is that the players have more contact with the more experienced players. For example, AIB has really skilled offline players like Ally, Holynightmare, and Atomsk. I'd like to create a sort of directory that will highlight the various players of the OTL so that the community expand, encourage beginners and people new to the community, and work together to become better overall. I don't want it to become stickied but I would like a link to it in this thread once it gets made.

I really like this community but my New Year's Resolution, if you will, is to see it expand even more and to have it taken seriously by more members of the Smash Boards community as a whole. As I mentioned earlier, AIB currently runs circles around us while we only have a handful of players who really stand out and constantly win/place high in tournaments like Olimarman, dabuz, Aryman, and Zeonstar with dabuz being the only one (at least that I know of) that has ranked in offline tournaments.
a smashboards otl crew would be awesome too. if you get one together (probably with all of the above people lol) and go out challenging other sites, it'll probably get lots of attention and props for the otl boards. Recorded matches would be sick too. If one otl crew gets together, you could probably start to get other ones started as well, nothing like competition to bring in more people.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I have nothing against a big community.
But OTL is great as a medium sized forum. We pretty much all know each other. And theres still a lot of people entering in tournaments.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
It seems that the thread that I mention has been unstickied.
I guess you can get started on that Directory if wanted FMOI.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have nothing against a big community.
But OTL is great as a medium sized forum. We pretty much all know each other. And theres still a lot of people entering in tournaments.
I know and the bonds that we've formed won't change. I'd just like to expand things so that more groups can form and more talent can be found. The OLT board has come a long way since it started but it's still seen as a joke to a lot of Smash Board's higher ups and I really want online tournaments to be seen as a viable form of competition even if offline tournaments are still viewed as better overall.

Snare

Smash Lord
I know and the bonds that we've formed won't change. I'd just like to expand things so that more groups can form and more talent can be found. The OLT board has come a long way since it started but it's still seen as a joke to a lot of Smash Board's higher ups and I really want online tournaments to be seen as a viable form of competition even if offline tournaments are still viewed as better overall.
it probably wont be for a long while, most of swf is closed minded about online tourneys (lots cringe at the mixing of the words "online" and "brawl"), and as long as people keep this mindset, anyone new to swf will most likely follow the same trend. So far the only publically recognizable higher up that has joined a tourney is anther (that i can recall). The OLT boards definatly need the support of more than frequent visitors and TOs (which aparently is almost everyone who fits under the catagory "frequent visitors").

edit: cha! thought i dbl posted, ie cut out on me <<...

Snare

Smash Lord
ya but ally frequents aib more, doesnt count -.-

even with ally, only two people who are known very well around the whole swf supporting otl? it would take an army of Excellences to convince the general swf community to try online tournements.

otl boards do have some influence though. many people respect TOs more than regular users, we have a moderator who will (probably? ^^) support some sort of expansion/crazy scheme and we have respected members in mostly every character board in the high-mid tier area (new tier list :|). What would have really given otl boards attention is if we had had an organized crew battle with aib and actually wiped the floor with them, that would have drawn people in.

cba

Smash Master
We need a ladder w/ prizes. but since MLG bought SWF the ladder is in there. so yea. it sucks.

Snare

Smash Lord
or a crew to go to different sites and beat up on their crews :p, im sure theres gotta be some brawl websites that still think shield grabbing is an AT ^^

Barge

All I want is a custom title
or a crew to go to different sites and beat up on their crews :p, im sure theres gotta be some brawl websites that still think shield grabbing is an AT ^^
brawl fan sites for casuals

where pivot grabbing is unknown
shield grabbing is hard
kirby is cheap
ice climbers and olimar suck
captain falcon is top tier
and items are on all the time

Snare

Smash Lord
brawl fan sites for casuals

where pivot grabbing is unknown
shield grabbing is hard
kirby is cheap
ice climbers and olimar suck
captain falcon is top tier
and items are on all the time
brilliantly put, lets do it! :D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Good, GOOD stuff FMOI, Samusbrawler, and Halaster. Now pretty much any tourney can have a chat to use (and you can stop using that SexPanther one FM XD).

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Even though I have my own xat for my tourneys.
I'll "rent" lol one of you chat rooms.
(Its just its main chat purpose is for F35 aka a clan, which you have to be a member to speak and I can't be there all the time. <.<)

...So how will this work?

Snare

Smash Lord
Even though I have my own xat for my tourneys.
I'll "rent" lol one of you chat rooms.
(Its just its main chat purpose is for F35 aka a clan, which you have to be a member to speak and I can't be there all the time. <.<)

...So how will this work?
ooh clan for what game?

and go fmoi, you rock our socks :D

edit: Dibs on reserving a chat whenever fmoi puts up how :p

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
My tourney can be de-stickied now =D
Thanks

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Sure Barge.

And there's a sticky opening up tomorrow. WHO WANTS IT?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I'd like to suggest this tourney for it is in need of more people.

"Snare's Johns(13/32) and Jiggles(12/16) Tournaments"

Snare

Smash Lord
i agree with shadow, not because my name is on it or anything.... >>

plus it's the first tourney to use seeding and i want too see how that turns out.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hellz yeah! I just noticed that the other day xD

Snare

Smash Lord
i just noticed the amount of chibi avatars has gone up in the otl board, dam chaco's addicting sig ><

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Barge tourney was deayed <.< so then that means the sticky is kinda worthless to get when its over.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah I realized that D=
Oh well, no sticky for me

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
OMG I didn't even realize!
I post way too much here D=
lol

Top Bottom