• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay guys...I got something to say.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
okay so now. you have a group that WANTS to do something....

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO START. its one thing to say something and another to get the ball rolling for your character.

my starting suggestion would be to analyze videos of top warios vs important mus (mk/snake/diddy/falco), (similar to how the snake boards did it with ally and they had move %s and everything). this seems like this would easily start a lot of relevant discussion

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
okay so now. you have a group that WANTS to do something....

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO START. its one thing to say something and another to get the ball rolling for your character.

my starting suggestion would be to analyze videos of top warios vs important mus (mk/snake/diddy/falco), (similar to how the snake boards did it with ally and they had move %s and everything). this seems like this would easily start a lot of relevant discussion
After a long disscusion with Dyno and a few other warios last night were going to reconvene and Have a wario back room Revival.

I think the hottest topics right now are Diddy (Which is going on right now in chairs mu thread) MK, and properly DI'ing.

Fair to momentum cancel or fastfall airdodge? This debate has been brought up several times but never fully hashed out.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
its airdodge, read michael hey's blog

*sigh*
airdodge then do what you want to momentum cancel (fast fall or bike or w.e)
link to the blog?

Also would like to point out if you use a special move to close to the blast zones you will be pulled into the blast zones.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Super late on this, but if you really want my attention just put my name in a post. I am a namesearch ***** and I don't do anything on Smashboards but check NJ Drama/MLG and then namesearch.

I don't have any problems with the Wario boards...im jus not very proactive on the discussion part because conflicting opinions on the internet have never lead to a compromise, just endless walls of text, so I don't see the point in them. BUT if that is what you want...I could do it occasionally.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
AlmostLege makes a good point actually... momentum-changing special moves push you closer to the blast zone... with that in mind, how the hell does bike-braking work? i think the FF airdodge is faster than fair.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Random Lurker comment: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

You can air dodge several frames before you can aerial.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Do you even bother understanding ANYTHING you read, AL?

Like, really. Being able to airdodge before being able to use an aerial while under influence of hitstun has been noted a billion times on the Wario boards alone.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Do you even bother understanding ANYTHING you read, AL?

Like, really. Being able to airdodge before being able to use an aerial while under influence of hitstun has been noted a billion times on the Wario boards alone.
just saying

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

When you are sent flying, in the first part of hitstun, you cannot do anything, and by now you should ALREADY have DI-ed since it is done on the last frame of hitlag. In the second part however(which has no visual difference with the first part), you can do any aerial or airdodge, but any momentum shift you input(i.e. pressing toward the stage) will not be registered. It is also impossible to jump, do any special attack, or footstool. You should do an aerial in the air as soon as possible when you are sent flying, for an aerial allows you to directly make a transition from the 2nd part of hitstun to the 3rd part, which is the one where you can make substantials savings on overall knockback. This is because the 3rd part of momentum basically allows you to do anything that you usually would. It is suggested to use the aerial that ends as soon as possible. It is also worth nothing that you can also throw a projectile that you had in hand to get out of the 2nd phase of hitstun, which comes out usually fairly fast and end instantly.
Unless someone provides me with some evidence to the contrary I'm going to have to reject any and everything you guys argue about air dodging being better.

I also have this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288579

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so airdodging is the best way to momentum cancel?

Edit: Never mind, found the new thread Lord Chair made. Thanks Chair!

jbandrew

Smash Lord
alright guys so lets get serious. I actually really like wario and though I've never used him in tournament, I've liked messing with him. Now I'm starting to take the character seriously, so...

Somebody needs to start testing stuff pronto, I have a lot of neat ideas and I'm a good person to discuss with about characters... but I need someone who has a wii and can test stuff.

Hit me up on AIM so we can further this characters metagame :)

*click my AIM thing to get it*

Top Bottom