• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You probably shouldn't arrange these so long in advance, or take them to AIB. You'd get 32 people in a day or 2 easily, especially if theres a prize.
I like it here though and am trying to help build this community's online competitive community grow. I'm considering doing tournaments on AIB but only as mixed tournaments between them and Smash Boards. Also, I try to do my tournaments about two weeks apart for convienience's sake and I send reminders to people the week before the tournaments. A lot of it has to do with this community; it's online competitive community isn't that "mature" yet because for the first several months that Brawl was out, this board was heavily looked down upon as a grossly inferior form of competition. Now that offline tournaments results have squashed the belief that online players never rank due to inferior competition, people are starting to take this board a little more seriously.

Are the semi's and finals both 3 out of 5?
Yes.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Gah, I'm here. >_< Such a bad sleep schedule lately...um, am I too late? I'm a little frazzled right now on times and such. @_@

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Me and bunnyma had our match, I won 3-2.

*Cloudfox leveled up!* *Cloudfox learned a new CP stage!*

But seriously, those matches were downright terrifying, you were godly as always, bunnyma. D: I had no idea PS2 would make such a game-changing difference for Fox when I picked it, just seemed appealing.

Really great games, you are always a far more-than-worthy adversary. :D

Halaster

Smash Ace
Me and bunnyma had our match, I won 3-2.

*Cloudfox leveled up!* *Cloudfox learned a new CP stage!*

But seriously, those matches were downright terrifying, you were godly as always, bunnyma. D: I had no idea PS2 would make such a game-changing difference for Fox when I picked it, just seemed appealing.

Really great games, you are always a far more-than-worthy adversary. :D
PS2 is good for Fox? *takes notes*
I've been at a loss as to a good CP for him... I'll have to take a look at that.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
I'm told Castle Siege is too, but I think the MK I pwned all over the place on it was just being a bit johnful. :X Who knows though, haven't tested it a bunch.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Heeeey Olimarman, get my PM? D:

Also: LOL at the front page, FMOI.

>.>

Edit: Yes, Olimarman. You can (would HAVE to) win with one character twice, but you must still get a victory with both characters. Ex.: Win with Snake, lose with Marth, lose with Marth again, win with Marth, win with Snake again. But I think you can use any combination you like, long as you win with both.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Heeeey Olimarman, get my PM? D:

Also: LOL at the front page, FMOI.

>.>

Edit: Yes, Olimarman. You can (would HAVE to) win with one character twice, but you must still get a victory with both characters. Ex.: Win with Snake, lose with Marth, lose with Marth again, win with Marth, win with Snake again. But I think you can use any combination you like, long as you win with both.
Like that? :laugh: I always like to write things like that for the finals of my tournaments.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Gah, why do the peopl;e geographically closest to me produce the worst connections? =/

Regardless though, those were great games! Olimarman won 3-0.

"Wait, don't dodge it, might get hit, just block, it shouldn't break...okay! Awes-" *Shield breaks after hitstun* "....................." FTL. D:

Would you mind if we had a couple friendlies, btw? The chaos of Olimar dittos appeals to me, but I almost never get to have them. >.>

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'll be sending out invitations later tonight for Evolution of Smash. If anyone is here reading this and you're pretty sure you'll be invited, tell me which day (Friday December 5th or Saturday December 6th) will work better for you.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Um, just a tad far in the future to plan for, but...I think I'd rather finish sooner than later. Friday.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm setting up an account on AllisBrawl to see how well my tournaments go if I use their chatrooms. Expect an update within the next couple of hours.
Ew, I don't like AIBers

and how the hell are we supposed to contact them. I'm sure as hell not making an AIB account

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the tourney..... my dearest friend was injured in a tragic accident,so I stayed by his side in the hospital during all of last night and today until his family came.:(

♥I'd choose friendship over smash any day...

Halaster

Smash Ace
♥I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the tourney..... my dearest friend was injured in a tragic accident,so I stayed by his side in the hospital during all of last night and today until his family came.:(

That's really rough... I hope he makes a full recovery.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I'm glad you made that decision but so many people either 1. couldn't attend because of technical difficulties or 2. undisclosed reasons. Regardless, you're all invited to Evolution of Smash so we can try this again in a different format.

Add in: Oh and I just beat Brawl 100%... Do I kill myself now? :laugh:

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
I'm glad you made that decision but so many people either 1. couldn't attend because of technical difficulties or 2. undisclosed reasons. Regardless, you're all invited to Evolution of Smash so we can try this again in a different format.

Add in: Oh and I just beat Brawl 100%... Do I kill myself now? :laugh:

♥Hmmmmm...so maybe it was good that I wasn't here to watch the chaos unfold? ;)

♥Now I'm curious to see what happened...

*after looking through several of the past pages*

♥Was someone celebrating like they 3-stocked me during tourney?:dizzy:

♥I guess the tournament WAS chaotically confusing. ^__^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom