• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I can't bring myself to be a jerk to the first sign up in a while.

You need to get 30 posts, and do a handful of friendlies with someone you see post here pretty often. We do this to try to keep dropouts low, y'know?

You've got plenty of time to get to 30, too. Start spamming!;)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
If I still can, I'll join Evolution of Smash. DK / Marth / Wolf.
Wtfhax, this is almost the exact same team I entered as. o.o

Well, except for Wolf, though I was going to (>_>), but I decided against it since I would then have a trio of bad recoveries.

Too easy to counterpick against, lol.

So, I went Sonic (but I am considering switching to PT if my experience with him pans out well, as hypocritic as that seems).

:( @ Change in tourney dates. I might, depending on the response from my parents, be going to my first IRL tourney on the 22nd. Now HMWYBS (the one I was most interested in joining, next to CB) is on that day, so I probably won't be able to make it. :/

I most likely won't even be going anyways (my parents would probably flip at the cost alone, nevermind the reason for going >_>) but I'll keep you updated on my status.

Also, lolI'mjustgonnacopywhatyouguysaredoing:

1. Meta Knight
2. King Dedede (first two characters I mained straight from opening)
3. Olimar
4. Snake
5. Luigi
6. Samus
7. Wolf
8. Wario
9. Diddy Kong
10. Game and Watch
11. ROB
12. Ganondorf
13. Ike
14. Bowser
15. Jigglypuff
16. Toon Link
17. Lucas (this phase was weird lol. Basically all I did was fight computers on Green Hill Zone. No idea why)
18. Ness
19. Lucario
20. Ice Climbers
21. Zamus
22. Yoshi
23. Shiek
24. Marth
25. Fox
26. Donkey Kong
27. Captain Falcon
28. Sonic
29. Pokemon Trainer

Current Mains: Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Marth,
Secondaries: Sonic, Donkey Kong, Shiek, Game and Watch

-Other Tidbits-

One-shot characters that I played solely in the time that I mained them (in order of period of time played from longest to shortest):
Lucario, ROB, Ice Climbers, Zamus, Ness, Toon Link, Lucas

Characters that slowly dropped off into non-usage as I began to use more characters (in order of how long they remained used from longest to shortest):
Meta Knight, Luigi, Wario, King Dedede, Olimar, Samus, Diddy Kong

Characters I use from time to time, usually for fun:
Snake, Ganondorf, Yoshi, Ike, Jigglypuff

Characters that I use quite frequently, but are not my mains:
Captain Falcon, Bowser, Fox

Characters that I use very often:
Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Marth, Sonic, Donkey Kong

Characters I claim to main yet neglect like an abandoned orphan:
Sheik, Game and Watch

Characters I used and never stopped using:
Wolf, Marth, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer (last 3 are true only because they are recent, rofl)

1000texts

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Lots of us started Maining Dedede right from the start, kinda weird.
Though I kinda miss Dedede. I played him alot, but I suck with him now

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Lots of us started Maining Dedede right from the start, kinda weird.
Though I kinda miss Dedede. I played him alot, but I suck with him now
Lolololol, you suck with Dedede who also sucks (neutral B).

Excellence and I mained the same characters in the beginning, and we have many of the same characters pop up around the same time (he used Diddy 8th, I used him 9th).

It seems like everyone mained Toon Link except for you, Samus, lol.

Looks like we're the only ones to main Ganon though. :o

Oh, I forgot about Jiggs, Zamus/Samus and Fox, eheh. *goes to edit*

Halaster

Smash Ace
I tend to do mine in sets of 2 or 3...

1. Mario, Marth, Fox
2. Sonic... the only time I used one character almost exclusively.
3. Falco, Marth
4. Sonic, Falco
6. Lucario, Peach,
7. Link, Toon Link
8. Pokemon Trainer, Pit
9. Pit, Falco, Wolf

Marth, Mario, Fox, and Sonic always come back from time to time and get some limelight here and there. Ike, ZSS and Shiek are a couple of characters I'll often use for the heck of it... but as far as people I would ever have tried to use seriously, those listed are them.

Edit: 6&7 had been in the wrong order...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ganon > ToonLink

I don't mind Tlink, I just never wanted to Main him :laugh: Maybe I'll end up maining him later, who knows

And this whole character thing should be made into a new thread lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
Ganon > ToonLink

I don't mind Tlink, I just never wanted to Main him :laugh: Maybe I'll end up maining him later, who knows

And this whole character thing should be made into a new thread lol
Santi vs Zori.

That is the BEST Toon Link I've ever seen. His game is also extremely tightly spaced and speedy. There wouldn't be much that can stand against him.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
fmoi remove me from the tournaments i finally realized i SUCK **** aT BRAWL!!!!!!!!
so i wont be participating ever ever ever again sorry...
Aren't you being a bit harsh on yourself. I mean you can't be that bad, I haven't fought you so I can't say. But really, if you are losing to alot of people here than don't kill yourself over it because most of the people here are above average, its tough to win.

Anyways, I can't change your decision

EDIT: And through the magic of editing my post has become useless

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Peachy's married?

♥No I'm not married. It's another paradox of Ms. Dabuz. ;)

♥I mained these characters before:

♥Bowser
♥Ganondorf
♥Captain Falcon
♥King Dedede

Not really... but they're fun to play as at least! ^__^b

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
shhhhhh...i don't want them to know about my paradox creating tricks yet...

so, who is your husband, bowser perhaps?
♥That beast? I don't think so. ;)

♥Someone's going to find out about your paradoxical tricks eventually! ^__^

*waits for someone to come along and find out*

Excellence

Smash Champion
man, are styles are like mirrors, the same person, but cimpletely reversed
If you noticed, I excel only as a defensive player and when I play as an offfensive player I get crippled and smacked. Marth matches were perfect examples of how me going on offensive is bad.

Olimar ditto was ridiculous. Notice how untouchable I was playing defensive and how punishable I can be on offensive? You've got to fix my offensive because yours is leagues better and I'm not used to having to approach. Barge lied to me and said my approach was fine. Milarky.

Your Kirby wasn't bad, but then again I don't play Kirby at all. Soooo... I probably could pick yours apart and tell you what to improve. What I can say is that you made me approach if I wanted to score a kill which was nice for you. I also didn't punish those two Bairs you did to my shield, should've done DSmash or USmash OOS.

Next time we'll play more dittos. But like I said, whoever learns to Nair first will win. You can't say I was wrong on that.

My camp is untouchable. >;D

Excellence

Smash Champion
GG's Sexelence
Any tips on my Olimar? I picked him yesterday and I'm liking him. Same thing with ROB.
I'm not 100% either way yet.
To tell you the trurth, the way I learned Olimar was by forcing myself to deal with hard opponents. As you play them you'll learn what works, why it works, how it works, and the best times to use 'it' - experience with Olimar really matters.

I guess this is where most people split, too. Those who feel as though being aggressive with Olimar and using his range and quick attacks to their advantage learn to deal with things offensively; while, on the other hand those who learn that being defensive pays off will learn to deal with things in a defensive manner that keeps themself safe.

If you've ever read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, you'll take my philosophy. Victory can only be achieved by first making one's self undefeatable in the eyes of the enemy. What this means is, you should first keep yourself out of range of attack before you can attack your opponent. However, defense leads to offense and vice-versa, if you really though about it.

Whatever feels best for you is best, you shouldn't limit yourself to one thing simply because I limit myself to one thing. I'm not even totally sure how well Dabuz plays on defense, but I do know I stole a stock and almost a second when she was on the defensive.

If you want a start, I'd advise that you DO NOT play with Pikmin and then play with only three. It'll help you to learn Olimar's priority. From what I've learned: Pikmin Chain, UTilt, UAir, and the rest is descending.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
well, when i was on defense i didn't do so bad as oli against marth, but like you said i rather be offense because often people pin olimar as defense and campy, but when offensive people get confused with the completely different strategy and allows you to confuse the **** out of your opponent, but i also can't play defense or campy for ****, exactly why my samus can't be called spamus

and when learning olimar just start with tilts, then learn the uses of smashes, then grabs, thats how i learned oli, it helps you learn all the mixups, and excellence, you weren't totally beating me on defense, because your MAIN problwm is once i get in a certain vicinity of you then you start patterning and panicing, so you should fix that, and you don't mix up on the few times you try offense, but like you said, it works for you and you should stick to what works

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
in essence, yes, mainly use olimar, learn to advantages of his tilts, and learn to fight with them, because olimar is all about spacing and annoting you opponents, andhis tilts while rarely used by most olis lead to great combos and mixups, if you start playing as a regular smash and grab happy oli most likely you will be that way and not bother with tilts or be unable to fully incorporate them hurting your playstyle as a whole, i can show you what i mean if you want, but don't main nolimar, use his smashes once in a while but focus on tilts at first

Omis

my friends were skinny
in essence, yes, mainly use olimar, learn to advantages of his tilts, and learn to fight with them, because olimar is all about spacing and annoting you opponents, andhis tilts while rarely used by most olis lead to great combos and mixups, if you start playing as a regular smash and grab happy oli most likely you will be that way and not bother with tilts or be unable to fully incorporate them hurting your playstyle as a whole, i can show you what i mean if you want, but don't main nolimar, use his smashes once in a while but focus on tilts at first
In that case could we do some matches?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'll try to make both public tournaments.

Name - Alphican(s)

In evolution of smash I will play C.falcon/Toon Link/Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom