• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Snake IS broken, anyone who believes otherwise is an idiot
Snake is extremely good, but not broken. And this is coming from someone that's played Ally's Snake (which I personally consider to be one of the best in the business).

He's got a handful of neutrals and counters.In addition, he takes some degree skill to use properly, so if someone wins with him, they deserve to. :)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Snake is extremely good, but not broken. And this is coming from someone that's played Ally's Snake (which I personally still consider the best in the business).

He's got a handful of neutrals and counters.In addition, he takes some degree skill to use properly, so if someone wins with him, they deserve to. :)
A nub can win with him, spam ftilt and you win.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Forward tilt isn't unbeatable, and if you rely only on one move, you'll get taken out, no matter who you are.

Barge

Lol, its lagless, has great knockback and damage (21% guaranteed wtf?)
and has insane range, same with uptilt

Yaya

Smash Champion
When I play Snake, I make him come to me.

Seripusly, unless your controller spontaniously combusts, a Snake spamming Nikita and nades should not kill you.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Lol, its lagless, has great knockback and damage (21% guaranteed wtf?)
and has insane range, same with uptilt
It's not lagless, it just recovers faster than it takes to drop a regular shield, and knocks characters out of range of a counter attack. Trust me, my Yoshi goes right around 50-50 with high-end Snakes. He has his weaknesses (Snake? Make it back to the stage? BLASPHEMY!), and in spite of appearances, he can't rely on just his tilts to win (as good as they are).

Yaya

Smash Champion
Snake also can't F-tilt you when your behind him.

He can u-tilt you..... but that's not the point!

Barge

I don't understand snakes u-tilt range......

-standing 5 feet away from him-

GAME!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, his up tilt is a lot worse than his forward tilt, in my opinion. And I still don't get where they decided that his tilts should be disjointed hitboxes.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Cba, wanna go play some friendlies?

I'm gonna e using all 3 Evo of Smash Chars for me, I wanna be ready,

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And MK is still somehow worse.
Snake has character counters (soft mostly) or are actually neutral like Pikachu, Ice Climbers, ROB, Falco, DK, Fox, Wolf, King Dedede, Olimar, Lucario, and Metaknight and stage counters like Lylat Cruise, Rainbow Cruise, Luigi's Mansion, and Skyworld. Those are the big things that set him aside from Metaknight.

Add in: Characters like Pikachu and the Ice Climbers are only true counters if they can get past his camping.

Barge

Lol, ice climbers neutral with snake.

Ice climbers get ***** by snake ]:

Snare

Smash Lord

curse whoever thought of "dont get grabbed"

overall ya nades make snake hard to cg, and makes it hard to get close, and his tilts make it hard to hit him... T.T

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
While I agree that they don't go neutral (I believe the general consensus is 6:4 Snake), Snake can indeed have some trouble with Ice Climbers. Not "Oh my God, I'm going to just give up now," trouble, but "**** it, I'm going have to really think about this match," trouble.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Only if you try to be too aggressive. You have to play defensively and not try to be a grab *****. Also, you can't do things like spam squall. Being able to desync really helps with this matchup. I'll post some videos later.

Add in:

And he took the videos down... crap...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I don't get why people say Rainbow Cruise and Lylat are Snake counters. i usually do very well on those stages.

Skyworld is a different matter... lol. That stage pisses me off.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Forward tilt isn't unbeatable, and if you rely only on one move, you'll get taken out, no matter who you are.
I am living proof that one move can indeed make a player pwnsome. I'm going to stand and say that Snake's FTilt is, without a doubt his best tilt. Because it recovers faster than most shields can drop making it extremely difficult to shield grab, many characters fall apart. Especially those who are inexperienced.

its zero lag. MK is ****. i have yet to play a really good one.
Do you need me to direct you to the Meta Knight who consistantly manages to piss me off for fifteen minutes before I can raise my level of concentration to match his skill?

curse whoever thought of "dont get grabbed"

overall ya nades make snake hard to cg, and makes it hard to get close, and his tilts make it hard to hit him... T.T
Actually, not really. If you ever watch most players, you can tell who has experimented with Snake for a decent amount of time and who has not. Many people shield way too early when dealing with Snake's grenades. Counting 'mississippi seconds' I get to five before Snake's grenades explode, most people shield at three or even worse, two. This is why a lot of people fall into stupid tricks that could have been easily avoided by remaining calm, thinking about multiple things at once (takes practice), and reacting quickly.

cba

Smash Master
Exellence, please do. im dying to fight a MK. Im never scared, at all, of any smash player. thats just me. if i cant get past you, and trust me i will, ill learn from you and use it against you.

Snare

Smash Lord
Actually, not really. If you ever watch most players, you can tell who has experimented with Snake for a decent amount of time and who has not. Many people shield way too early when dealing with Snake's grenades. Counting 'mississippi seconds' I get to five before Snake's grenades explode, most people shield at three or even worse, two. This is why a lot of people fall into stupid tricks that could have been easily avoided by remaining calm, thinking about multiple things at once (takes practice), and reacting quickly.
lol im guilty of that ><, i also seem to have a habbit of trying to pick up the nade and i keep constantly jabbing it and it explodes in my face and think why did i just do that :|

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't get why people say Rainbow Cruise and Lylat are Snake counters. i usually do very well on those stages.

Skyworld is a different matter... lol. That stage pisses me off.
Rainbow Cruise eliminates most of his camping game which is also one of the reasons why it's widely considered an Olimar counter. Lylat Cruise is a slight counter mainly because the tilting of the stage eliminates some of the camping and the high ceiling helps against grenades, C4, utilt, etc kills. It also depends on the character too like Pikachu does really good against Snake on that stage and so does ROB.

cba

Smash Master
FMOI is like our SmashBoards wikipedia. you got questions, he has answers.

Yaya

Smash Champion
cba, you want that friendly now?

My brother forced me to have a Brawl Session with him and it was too late when I finished.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I am living proof that one move can indeed make a player pwnsome. I'm going to stand and say that Snake's FTilt is, without a doubt his best tilt. Because it recovers faster than most shields can drop making it extremely difficult to shield grab, many characters fall apart. Especially those who are inexperienced.
Well, that's a good point. I can really only speak for myself when I say that I've never personally been beaten by a single move. Snake's forward tilt is godly, don't get me wrong. It's just not totally invincible.

FMOI is like our SmashBoards wikipedia. you got questions, he has answers.
Isn't that more like a Smashboards Radio Shack?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Good games, cba, though they weren't very serious.

I had to go do something for my Mom so I left mid match against GFE.

The lag was so bad you couldn't do **** anyways.

Also.

WOOOOO! OBAMA!

cba

Smash Master
Well, that's a good point. I can really only speak for myself when I say that I've never personally been beaten by a single move. Snake's forward tilt is godly, don't get me wrong. It's just not totally invincible.

Isn't that more like a Smashboards Radio Shack?
LOL. idk Wiki's logo. "the online encyclopedia" i think. no, the Radio S. one is better. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom