• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ohio smashers, where you at? (List of Ohio smashers)

IvanLooze

Smash Rookie
Haven't been on here in a while. I was starting to think nobody played around here anymore. It's nice to see some activity. Shout outs to Juan! Hope everything is going well.

IvanLooze

Smash Rookie
btw, it seems like the tourneys at the game shop fell through or something. It's good to hear that someone is trying to organize something. May just be what I need to get back into Melee.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Are there any sizable groups of PM/Brawl smashers in Youngstown, Kent, or Akron? I need to play with more people.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Hey, I finally got a SmashBoards account! I'm currently going to school in Dayton. However, I will be graduating soon, so I don't know exactly where I'll be after that just yet.

IvanLooze

Smash Rookie
Hey, I finally got a SmashBoards account! I'm currently going to school in Dayton. However, I will be graduating soon, so I don't know exactly where I'll be after that just yet.
Welcome to the boards! Always good to see new people. PM me if you would like to get together and play some Smash.

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Sorry, for not posting, I'm not much on replying to a bunch of threads. I'm from Cincinnati and I'm SALT, I hope this helps add to the list of smashers from Ohio. There are some guys I smash with regularly, but there from northern Kentucky, so I guess it's just me for the Ohio additions

IvanLooze

Smash Rookie
Would you want to come play some time today? Are you in the Dayton smash bros Facebook group?
Sorry about not responding. It's spring break so I have been doing other things. I would be down to play tues-thurs of this week though. I'm not on the Facebook group, but I will be checking this thread a little more frequently now.

kev1n

Smash Rookie
NNID
MulattoMiracle
Dayton here. Just started playing (played when I was a kid, nothing serious) and want to get better. I'm happy to play anyone around here who doesn't mind playing a noob, I learn rather quickly. Saw some other Dayton guys on page 4, gonna pm them if no one responds to this.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
I'm off work Wednesday this week if any Dayton smashers want to come over, I have a CRT in my garage. PM me for details

Silhouette

Smash Lord
So Ohio University down in Athens has their own smash club now. They meet Tuesday and Thursday nights to practice and have started streaming when they do. PM and Melee.
Our premier stream goes LIVE tonight! At 7 http://www.twitch.tv/OhioUniversitySmash

So if anyone is looking for smashers in the Athens area please contact me. I'll hook you up. We're even thinking of starting some bi-weeklies for the locals.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ok, I haven't updated this in a good while, mostly because I forgot it was a thing, but that's irrelevant.
So I'm cleaning up this topic today.

John Madden

Smash Rookie
Cleveland for now, though I'll be in Columbus starting in the fall (on account of me starting grad school). I'm bad at closing out posts.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Cleveland for now, though I'll be in Columbus starting in the fall (on account of me starting grad school). I'm bad at closing out posts.
just so everyone is aware, this is NOT stef

onlywonderboy

Smash Rookie
So Ohio University down in Athens has their own smash club now. They meet Tuesday and Thursday nights to practice and have started streaming when they do. PM and Melee.
Our premier stream goes LIVE tonight! At 7 http://www.twitch.tv/OhioUniversitySmash

So if anyone is looking for smashers in the Athens area please contact me. I'll hook you up. We're even thinking of starting some bi-weeklies for the locals.
Anyone have any more information about these? I messaged this guy but didn't get a response. Their stream was updated recently so it seems like they are still going on but I'd like some details.

Zot

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm a Columbus smasher. I play melee for the most part, but a little brawl as well. I don't have enough friends that play, so I was hoping to come across a few sparring partners here!

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Hey everyone. I'm a Columbus smasher. I play melee for the most part, but a little brawl as well. I don't have enough friends that play, so I was hoping to come across a few sparring partners here!
Check out the Columbus thread and Facebook page! Soul Pech (Colten White) is the main organizer of things in the area, so definitely talk to him if you're wanting to get around to Smash events. Feel free to invite your friends as well!

http://smashboards.com/threads/columbus-oh-social-and-smashfest-thread.325591/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/302630169803625/

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Anyone have any more information about these? I messaged this guy but didn't get a response. Their stream was updated recently so it seems like they are still going on but I'd like some details.
If I remember correctly (I used to attend Ohio University), you might want to check into Morton Hall on South Campus on Friday's past 7. If Sil isn't there, the rest of OUGA should be there and will be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi~. See this thread, please?
Also:

The OSU Facebook Group hosts Melee about 95% of the time and maybe 5% of the time PM.

We host through CFN (Columbus Fight Nights) + house smashfests probably about 85% PM, 15% Brawl. Maybe 95% PM / 5% Brawl. In terms of the OSU guys you might just be out of luck if you don't use Facebook, but you can message Prince_Abu and jamesbjames (Hanky Panky) and see if there's anything that can be done on that end.

We do try to post mostly in the Columbus thread here about the stuff that we do, events that we go to and stuff. Also, ESI--- the student organization for esports at Ohio State University has been hosting things with a lot more frequency. Otherwise, there is the Columbus Brawl/PM scene Facebook. You'll be able to contact both groups (ESI and Columbus Smash) on the Columbus Brawl/PM Facebook page. Cheers!
@ Shadow the Past Shadow the Past : Gotta ignore the other organizer, eh? Pech gets all the credit. : (

Last edited:

lDigitalisml

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LARR#189
Digitalism , From Wilberforce Ohio!

Also, I'm looking to start travelling to other Ohio smashers for friendlies or any other smash activities!

I also have a streaming set up :p

Last edited:

MixJunkie360

Smash Rookie
Name is Daniel. Moving to southern Cincinnati in August and looking for fellow smashers to play with. Who is in the area?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I Youngstown now. However, I prefer Project M to Melee. Really would like to play with somebody that could whip me into shape.

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
I'm totally new to the whole competitive scene, so I'd like to dip my feet with a competitive player. I live 30 minutes South of Sandusky.

Willing to try out Melee, Brawl, and PM. Preferably PM though.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread for this type of thing.

Last edited:

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone I live in Medina between Cleveland and Akron. Right now, my wii is broken. But I would love to play Project M or Melee. I'm not great but will drive to meet you within reason

Esch

Smash Rookie
I live in Elyria Ohio and have been practicing melee for quite some time. I still am having trouble doing L-canceling, thus a consistent shuffl but I think if we got a good group going, people could learn fast and have a scene around the cleveland area this summer.

Top Bottom