• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ohio smashers, where you at? (List of Ohio smashers)

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
I'm Flossy and I go to Case Western for school. From what I understand there was a tourney here last Saturday but I can't find anything more going on. Does anyone have any info on this. (I don't have facebook btw)
hey I'm the host of the CWRU Weeklies!
http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...m-11451-juniper-rd-cleveland-oh-44106.417251/

@Kierk @OmGiTzAndre @Luniar123 @ Dreyvas Dreyvas and anyone near enough cleveland to be willing to drive, ya'll should come! If the lack of payouts is your concern, on the 26th (and future near end of the month) we'll be hosting payout tournies! Our weekly tournaments usually pull at least 30+ people so it'll be really useful to come help level up :)

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm Nergal and I'm the premiere Smasher here at Baldwin Wallace University.

Last edited:

Dreyvas

Smash Cadet
My work schedule is really prohibitive, but I plan on coming to the next Case weekly that I'm off and free. I know a bunch of the regulars, including Ralis, Pistallion, etc.

NotNate

Smash Rookie
I'm in the Dayton/Beavercreek/Fairborn area... what's going on down here?

Gruyere

Smash Rookie
Hello all, I moved to Columbus a while back. I (primarily) play 64, what's the scene like here?

ClevelandSmashClub

Smash Rookie
hey I'm the host of the CWRU Weeklies!
http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...m-11451-juniper-rd-cleveland-oh-44106.417251/

@Kierk @OmGiTzAndre @Luniar123 @ Dreyvas Dreyvas and anyone near enough cleveland to be willing to drive, ya'll should come! If the lack of payouts is your concern, on the 26th (and future near end of the month) we'll be hosting payout tournies! Our weekly tournaments usually pull at least 30+ people so it'll be really useful to come help level up :)

Definitely gotta hit this up one of these days. Its like 15 minutes away. Whats the average turn out?? And do you do all smash?

Jandrw

Smash Rookie
NNID
jerry36
Im in the Ontario/Mansfield/Lexington area, about an hour's drive from Columbus. I mostly play smash 4 but I'm super willing to learn melee if someone would teach me :3

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
UPDATED!!!

Post your name and Location.

CLEVELAND:
1. Vanir
2. Ralis
3. ShroudedOne
4. Double Rocky
5. Jailbot
6. Flashburn117
7. MADD
8. Dydtaylor/e__

Columbus:
1. Gunpunch
2. Abu
3. YAHA
4. Master WGS
5. Garzal
6. HANKY PANKY

Cincinnati:
1.dydtaylor/e__
2. BigD
3. Beab

Other:
1. Dobs - parma
2. Kevlar - brook
3. Shurikan - dayton
4. Dees - Ashtabula
5. S1 - Ashtabula
6. Joe Paturnups - Ashtabula
7. Sweet - Ashtabula
8. DoKz - Ashtabula
9. Dempt - Aurora
10. Slarts - canton
11. Skyson - canton
12. Z-Axis - Canton/ Kent
13. FlipX - Kent
14. xFumbles - Mason
15. Kukulza - dayton
16. oBlackstar - dayton
17. Crash - willoughby

Etc.
Cope - Mason/Cincinnati

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
People are still responding to this outdated ass thread for some reason.
here are a bunch of facebook groups for you:

Northeast Ohio (melee):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEOHBURGH/

Cleveland/CWRU (Melee/Smash4):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/592607514207358/

Kent (Melee/Smash4):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/339197652913500/

Akron (Melee):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/706016099493127/

Wooster (Melee):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217357741745834/

Toledo/Northwest Ohio (Melee):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1396649643918505/

Columbus/OSU (Melee):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OSUMelee/

Cincinnati/Southern Ohio:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cincysmash/

There are a couple other smaller groups for different schools too that I'm not a member of, I think OU has their own group, Oberlin might have their own too, but you can probably just find those.
Most of these groups are just melee groups, a lot of them are the only groups for the region though, so they tend to consist of more than just melee players. There are also a lot of smaller groups for like PM or Smash4 specifically that I'm not a part of, but they are easy to find.

Lamesama

Smash Rookie
Can't delete, removing all my posts for privacy.

Last edited:

ClevelandSmashClub

Smash Rookie
We're having a PM tournament in about a month that's 15 minutes outside of Cleveland. Hopefully I'll be able to post on the tournament section. It's gonna be the 7th of February. Not 100% sure on time yet but I'll know that soon enough.

Anyone in the area want to come? Pm me. $5 entry for single and $10 per team for doubles. Adults only, no exceptions.

Last edited:

CobalionRider Squall

Smash Rookie
We're having a PM tournament in about a month that's 15 minutes outside of Cleveland. Hopefully I'll be able to post on the tournament section. It's gonna be the 7th of February. Not 100% sure on time yet but I'll know that soon enough.

Anyone in the area want to come? Pm me. We want to run melee too but not sure how much time we have and how many people are coming yet. $5 entry for single and $10 per team for doubles. 18+ preferable but you're welcome to come if under 18. Just going to be some 18/21 and over activities hahaha.
I'm newish to the site so I don't know how to pm someone but I'm definitely interested if you can give a bit more information, especially if you can find time for melee. I am under 18 though, sadly that's kept me from going to most tournaments as my parents... well they don't discourage it but they don't want to drive me to anything or accompany me for anything. Also if there's anyone in the Brecksville area (anywhere between Cleveland and Akron basically) there's a church that I've been trying to start a tournament at and they're fine with the idea but I can't because I'm not an adult, It's a $75 venue, so I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to help me organize it.

ClevelandSmashClub

Smash Rookie
I'm newish to the site so I don't know how to pm someone but I'm definitely interested if you can give a bit more information, especially if you can find time for melee. I am under 18 though, sadly that's kept me from going to most tournaments as my parents... well they don't discourage it but they don't want to drive me to anything or accompany me for anything. Also if there's anyone in the Brecksville area (anywhere between Cleveland and Akron basically) there's a church that I've been trying to start a tournament at and they're fine with the idea but I can't because I'm not an adult, It's a $75 venue, so I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to help me organize it.
Hey, you sound like a great kid but unfortunately we just aren't able to have anyone under 18 at this tournament. Also, neither of the two owners of this account drive, so it would be too far for us to easily go to the Brecksville area. I hope this doesn't discourage you, keep smashing and enjoy your youth. When you are an adult you will miss the time when you weren't.

CobalionRider Squall

Smash Rookie
It's fine, and don't worry about me, I'm not squandering my youth. Having few tournaments in the area is more the problem than my age (and of course the one in Medina is at the same time as my guitar lessons). The bit in my previous comment about trying to start a tournament at my church was just a general statement on this thread, not specifically directed toward you. And ironically only about an hour after I made that comment, my parents are considering letting me go to the Invitational/Arcadian in Youngstown so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for that.

NoLoudNoise

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoLoudNoise
Greg/Columbus.

Really been wanting to find people to practice with offline

Dessro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lopezisbeast
Dessro - Columbus. Eagerly looking out for some people to meet up and play with a few times a week :)

MOHadam

Smash Cadet
Dessro - Columbus. Eagerly looking out for some people to meet up and play with a few times a week :)
Columbus has a pretty large scene compared to the rest of Ohio. You should join the facebook group for Columbus smash, you should have no problem finding some people to play with.

Lamesama

Smash Rookie
Can't delete, removing all my posts for privacy.

Last edited:

Temakuru

Smash Rookie
Hey Dessro, I'm about to move to Columbus off of N High Street and I'm looking to meet some players here in the Columbus area as I'm from Lancaster and don't know anyone here. Lol

Krysos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krysos
3DS FC
0877-1716-5990
Hey Dessro, I'm about to move to Columbus off of N High Street and I'm looking to meet some players here in the Columbus area as I'm from Lancaster and don't know anyone here. Lol
Wish we could meet up but we are like 2 or 3 hours away :/

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
I have a question regarding about like the scene in Ohio University. Does the scene have smash 4 really? I'm mainly a smash 4 player since I might be going there in the Fall of this year.

Top Bottom