• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH EM GEE, GUYS! New techniques! (ExtremeStop2 and ExtremeShift)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yay, Im still tinkering around with it.
I can kinda do ES2, but for some reason It wont regester the ES Shift.
So I tried B-sticking to get the ES Shift, and ended up playing around with B-sticking
Very Side tracked now.
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
Yay, Im still tinkering around with it.
I can kinda do ES2, but for some reason It wont regester the ES Shift.
So I tried B-sticking to get the ES Shift, and ended up playing around with B-sticking
Very Side tracked now.
-t2
It's how I found these things out. Getting sidetracked is for the win.

Saltix

Smash Lord
...Aww crap. I know I've done this before, it just never registered that it was a new technique. After everyone started saying how useless ExtremeStop was, I stopped bothering with it.

Let's see... I can't watch the video, since my internet is bad, but I already know what it looks like. Since we are on the topic of "ExtremeStop", I would like to show everyone something:

In my "ExtremeAwesome" video, I performed an ExtremeStop and moved forward and then backwards a bit, which is uncommon for an EStop.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=85vyBS6-bo4

I think it was around 40 seconds, I don't remember off the top of my head.

I haven't been able to recreate it, but it looks interesting.

Also, props, Milln.
WHAT is the name of that song? :3
Also, Whenever I ES2, it ends with Lucario turning in the other direction. Is that due to my inaccuracy, or does it always end in a pivot?

Timbers

check me out
Very interesting. I'll mess around with this stuff in matches and see what happens.

Minor thing that I recommend to all players. Do not play with tap jump off. People use tap jump off so that they won't mess up their up tilts, up smashes, and jumps. The thing is, this is a pseudo fix for the problem. Instead of the player gaining more precise control of the stick to solve the problems they are having, they just take the easy way out. Sure the issue goes away, but the player still remains with a sloppy left thumb that is far less accurate than it can and should be.

Cliffnote: Turning tap jump off does not solve the problem of your thumb not being precise enough, it only hides it.

Besides this, you don't have to jump or anything after doing an up b on the ground to do it again, not that that matters too much.
What does jumping with a button instead of a joystick have to do with precision? Should we put C-stick on specials now because it fastfalls our dairs? <.<
The question is: can ES2 be used effectively right into attacks, like pikachu's QAC? Or is it just a fast way to travel?
If we could turn this into a QAC, it'd be the greatest advancement in Lucario's metagame thus far. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. When Lucario's bounces off the ground, he just has landing lag. Can't attack right out of it. Even if he lands directly on the stage, he still can't immediately attack out of it.
In my "ExtremeAwesome" video, I performed an ExtremeStop and moved forward and then backwards a bit, which is uncommon for an EStop.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=85vyBS6-bo4

I think it was around 40 seconds, I don't remember off the top of my head.

I haven't been able to recreate it, but it looks interesting.
Is it where he pulls back like a character length or two? Yeah I was doing it several times last night. I'm not sure how, but he still gets that ugly landing lag from it. It won't be extremely useful. Even if people are expecting you to do extreme speed into their face, and you do this instead, they'll have time to drop their shield or recover from whatever move they just tried to use before you're able to do anything constructive.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im still not finding the magic of ES Shifting, Im doing both the C-stick and the Joystick, but the C-stick by its self does nothing. So i think im doing it, and just missing it completely =P

The ES2 is as hard as it sounds. But it can be preformed easily.
When you go to anti-lag stop it, you must Hit up then Down really fast. If you don't hit down as soon a possible, you'll just ES and have lag.

Yea, its a process, and if you go to fast, you'll end up like me and just FP.

My suggestion, practice it in practice mode till you get really good and efficient with it. Trying to use it in a match, untested could be bad.

Well, im off to tinker around and get sidetracked again.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
Im still not finding the magic of ES Shifting, Im doing both the C-stick and the Joystick, but the C-stick by its self does nothing. So i think im doing it, and just missing it completely =P

The ES2 is as hard as it sounds. But it can be preformed easily.
When you go to anti-lag stop it, you must Hit up then Down really fast. If you don't hit down as soon a possible, you'll just ES and have lag.

Yea, its a process, and if you go to fast, you'll end up like me and just FP.

My suggestion, practice it in practice mode till you get really good and efficient with it. Trying to use it in a match, untested could be bad.

Well, im off to tinker around and get sidetracked again.
Try doing my trick, while you are messing it up you will notice that you can get angles that are slightly off of the angles of the Joystick.

Milln

Smash Champion
It's just ExtremeStop, but rolling back down quickly. I can't really explain it better. You might be holding up for too long.

Timbers

check me out
Extreme Speed across the stage, then flick up and then down very quickly. It's basically like starting a dash dance but in the vertical sense <.<

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
i dont understand the second thing about extremeshift
when i use the c-stick nothing happens i just go straight up when i use the joy stick i go any where i want

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
i dont understand the second thing about extremeshift
when i use the c-stick nothing happens i just go straight up when i use the joy stick i go any where i want
Keep practicing it. You have to hit the C-Stick at the same time he is about to take off. Think of it like you perform a smash attack with the C-Stick right after leaving the ground, it takes some timing to get it down.

nobody answered my last question :[
*page 3*
Every time I had done it it ended in the opposite direction as well, I assumed thats how it worked.

Milln

Smash Champion
Whether you're holding left or right at the end of the ES2 determines which direction you will face, Octix.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I miss so much every time I leave for a couple weeks... this is awesome. Definitely nice, my friends were starting to get the hang of my approaches

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Just in case people didn't notice, you can get the exact same result as hitting the C-stick at the start of Extreme Speed 'Shift' as you can simply smashing the analog stick. And by smash, I mean a VERY short smash (i.e. 1 frame). What is occurring is that the c-stick performs a short smash whenever you press it in a direction, curving the Extreme Speed at the very beginning if you time it then. The reason it is harder with analog is because you are forced to manually time the initial press, time the holding for a miniscule 1/60 second time frame, then pull the stick back to center. With c-stick you are only forced to time the initial press -- everything else is automatically inputted.

Further difficulty arising with analog method is that you have to hold in the initial direction and then smash it in that tiny time frame... something most people would be unable to accomplish.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Just in case people didn't notice, you can get the exact same result as hitting the C-stick at the start of Extreme Speed 'Shift' as you can simply smashing the analog stick. And by smash, I mean a VERY short smash (i.e. 1 frame). What is occurring is that the c-stick performs a short smash whenever you press it in a direction, curving the Extreme Speed at the very beginning if you time it then. The reason it is harder with analog is because you are forced to manually time the initial press, time the holding for a miniscule 1/60 second time frame, then pull the stick back to center. With c-stick you are only forced to time the initial press -- everything else is automatically inputted.

Further difficulty arising with analog method is that you have to hold in the initial direction and then smash it in that tiny time frame... something most people would be unable to accomplish.
Unless you're Nuro who has time to figure out **** like this. o,O

Timbers

check me out

I think I mentioned this on page 2 or something. You lose your previous direction going to the ledge trying to do it with the joystick. You can get the same results on the surface, but it's still much harder to control, as you lose your original direction when using only the analog stick.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
All I have to say is that now that I am back, I was gonna tell everyone about what is now called the "Extremespeed 2", but I had no internets :(. I would laugh if we had an infinite ES glitch like the MKs, we'd be like "wheeeeeeeeee", and flying like Lucario's on chocolate (oh wait, that is what we are).

tedward2000

Smash Champion
O.o
Infinite Extremespeed glitch???
Not likely, but if possible....
A flying Lucario.
Could it be banned? Idk, its not like your invisible, and you can't attack out of it. It just means you'll never fall. Plus, it would have to be like a stop and go effect.
Some how make it, so you can Extremespeed many times in the air, with out touching the ground.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
O.o
Infinite Extremespeed glitch???
Not likely, but if possible....
A flying Lucario.
Could it be banned? Idk, its not like your invisible, and you can't attack out of it. It just means you'll never fall. Plus, it would have to be like a stop and go effect.
Some how make it, so you can Extremespeed many times in the air, with out touching the ground.
-t2
Sorry if I'm wandering off the thread topic, but then one of Lucario's greatest weaknesses would be eliminated, which is being an otherwise easily hogged recovery. True, there's wall cling, but not everystage has that. Besides, it would be an uber stall.

Top Bottom