• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
let's put this other way, Star Fox: Assault was developed by Namco as well, and does Namco have a site dedicated to Star Fox: Assault? No.
I don't even think that game got a site! :laugh: Besides that game was so bad, I try to block it from my memory. :ohwell:
2nd point: Namco Bandai DID register a trademark for "All Star Battle"
Smash 64's Japanese title had that phrase in it. And again, that trademark doesn't mean it's exclusive to them if they are involved with other companies, like they are with all 3 of those games I mentioned. All of those games are crossovers involving other companes.
3rd point: why on Namco Bandai's site and not Nintendo's site... after all, Smash Bros. is Nintendo All-Stars NOT Namco Bandai All-Stars... so there.
Maybe it's a surprise. This whole thing is a mystery, and only gives random clues. That is the part that perplexes us. Still, I think most likely this is Project X Zone-related.
get my logic?
you see, that is kind of illogical to discount my points as if there is no chance of what I said happening... :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Namco would be pretty genius to purposefully get fans of a game as huge as Smash tricked into believing their next project was related. That's a lot of eyes.

Kind of like how people thought Cloverfield was going to be a new Godzilla movie. Only no one cares about Godzilla.

I don't really know what makes people think this is Smash related... there are a lot of indicators saying otherwise.
We get that you don't think it's smash related. Don't you have anything better to do than just repeat yourself? You said it in this thread and you said it in the other thread, no one needs to know about your negativity bro. Let us speculate, or do you want to join in on the conversation instead of being a wet blanket?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Agreed EPF, and quite frankly, I'm tired of this elitist wet blanket attitude. Let's have some fun guessing as to what this really is. That, and instead of criticizing others' opinion, explain where you disagree, and what your opinion is, why you believe it is right, what convinces you of that, how you think this will turn out, and what about this interests you. :bee:
correction, no one cares about 1998 Godzilla.
No one should care about that movie. That movie was pure, utter, unadulterated garbage, just like every movie Roland Emmerich (and his buddy Michael Bay) have made. :laugh:

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
...Well I mean... what COULD it be if its not smash or any of the other contenders?

...katamari ALLSTARRRRRRRRRS?

ohwait...
This could mean Tales of Versus 2 or something crazy.

idkbutexcitenonetheless

M.K

Level 55
Dates have Pits in them....

....I have tried justifying these pictures in my head so many times, it is really bonkers.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Dates have Pits in them!

K. Rool Travelled in a ship called the Knautilis!

The Liberty Tower was where Victini was sealed!!

yeah, we all go alittle insane sometimes.

and to answer the question,it updated here in Cali around 8:30 or so.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm pretty sure they are milking the franchise under water in the sky on clouds in a city in America on a date with whatever weird thing is on the bottom right!

:chuckle:

My goodness this is golly gee good fun! :grin:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if the fact that we can distantly relate the pictures to SSB-related things is a sign that the site really is about SSB4, or if it's I sign that we're all really, really crazy about SSB.

Edit: What the heck is that thing in the second column, fourth row, anyway? I still can't figure it out.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The bottom thing on the right is a nautilus! N. A. U. T. I. L. U. S.

God some of you people need to pay attention to the Discovery channel.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
well, they pronounced it with a "K" in DKC cause they are weird like that.

also related to the Mollusk and Ammonite(Ok,this I'm not sure if I pronounced right)

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I honestly have no idea what this is leading up to. Even SSB4 is a long shot at this point.

I'll keep hoping, but this just seems a bit of a weird way to go about talking about SSB4.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of what this site's actually for, I think the images are just completely random.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
NeoGAF seems to think that Namdai stole the SSB4 engine to make its own crossover fighting game, and that's what the site is for.

Let's step back a minute and think about the hundreds of reasons that that can't and won't happen.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
horse carriage, you say?

Carry on, my wayward steed, for we shall ascend to the skies of liberty, tasting the sweet dates of the Earth, before plunging to to the bottom of the unknown sea.

.....OK, I have no Idea what the f*** it is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I must admit, this thread is getting ridiculous... huh, guess we will have an answer in less than 24 hours.

but really, if Namco Bandai doesn't even own the IP for Smash Bros. and they are just assisting development, why would they have a site dedicated to it?

Smash Bros. is still a Nintendo game, even with Namco Bandai developing it! so, it only makes sense that anything related to Smash Bros. should be revealed in a Nintendo-hosted site... what's so hard to see here?!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
horse carriage, you say?

Carry on, my wayward steed, for we shall ascend to the skies of liberty, tasting the sweet dates of the Earth, before plunging to to the bottom of the unknown sea.

.....OK, I have no Idea what the f*** it is.
The hell? Lol.

Best post in the thread.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

I just thought of something. what if these pictures are parodies of their Japanese names? in One Piece there is a character who has a sword attack that parodies Octopus Balls, so what if we got the japanese words for carriage, statue, nautilus, Dates/truffles, and such? maybe we can find out what it actually says!

...or maybe I should stop trying so hard, i dunno.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I would check Google Translate, but I really can't trust that thing.
Regardless, that does sound like a bit of a long shot anyway.

I must admit, this thread is getting ridiculous... huh, guess we will have an answer in less than 24 hours.

but really, if Namco Bandai doesn't even own the IP for Smash Bros. and they are just assisting development, why would they have a site dedicated to it?

Smash Bros. is still a Nintendo game, even with Namco Bandai developing it! so, it only makes sense that anything related to Smash Bros. should be revealed in a Nintendo-hosted site... what's so hard to see here?!
Calm down. We're just having a bit of fun. Whether it's SSB or not, it's fun to let loose and act crazy every now and then.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Carriage = 馬車(ばしゃ) basha

Statue = 像 (ぞう) zou

I can't find decent translation for dates, raisins, or truffles

Dog = 犬(いぬ) Inu or Snout = 鼻面(はなづら) hanazura (My knowledge of Japanese is lacking, but for what it is worth, Hana, without knowing which Kanji is used, can mean either Flower or Nose)

I can't find a kanji word for Nautilus, but the katakana for them is オウムガイ oumugai

Aquarium = 水族館 (すいぞくかん) suizokukan or just in Katakana アクアリウム akuariumu

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
All-Star Battle. 1 Day remains.
I didn't believe it at first but this recent update confirms it. The Japanese are trying to warn us of an impending attack. The All Star Battle refers to a war waged upon the 50 states represented by stars on the American flag. The missing statue of liberty signifies their first target. The country's main export is dates ( figs, giant raisins?) And they wont stop with complete domination of the surface world. No... Next is the underwater city of Atlantis. They will ride on horseback to the depths of the ocean floor killing every cepholopod in site. (is cepholopod the right word for octopi and squid?) Gaining favor with the ancient god Poseidon (btw poseidon invented the horse and horse carriage). As Poseidon is displeased with the Atlantians getting all up in his domain.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Raisin, truffles, and dates are most likely in katakana. I checked it and it was still at 2 daysat 7:30 am Japan time so it must update itself between 8 and 11. Long time frame but maybe helpful none the less.

Zura づら means mask or surface.

Edit: raisin can either be レーズン (reezin) or 干しぶどう(hoshibudou) 、トリュフ (torufu) is always in katakana.

:phone:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Behind the R in 'STAR' is what appears to be a shark fin. You can see it when the page first loads.

Also, I have a feeling that the bottom three images in the third column are all parts of the same picture. I wonder what that middle one contains...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Whatever it is, I'm fairly pumped. Regardless if it's Smash related or not.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, I think the pictures might spell out or indicate whatever game this is' title... somehow. I really am freaking bedazzled and confused! :laugh:

I wonder if once it's revealed we'll all go "OOOOHHHHHHH," have an epiphany, and totally get what this picture crossword thingy is trying to get across to us! :confused:
Ridley is in the clouds!

.. sorry it's just the hype talking. XD
I CAN MAKE OUT BOWSERS HEAD!!! OHHH MAAHHHH GAAAAWWWDDDDD!!!! :chuckle:
Still don't get this ****...
I don't think any of us understand this at all. So, let's be d**ks about it, and act like we know what this is all about, and confuse all the nooblets! :awesome:

Top Bottom