• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just going to throw this out.....

If this was Smash, wouldn't this be from Nintendo's site.
Just like I said on the (new) main thread.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Dang yall so negative. Let's just try and be positive. If it doesn't happen lets move on. Get on that hype train. : )
I ain't getting on a hype train with such a high chance of crashing.

No use getting my hopes up only to be smacked down. And hey. If it is smash, then it'll be a pleasant surprise~!

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this is Smash related. At least news of relaunching the Dojo is enough for me :D

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm calling it; the pictures will all have "words" that will be related to a title of whatever game(s) this is. I still expect it to be smash!!!
There is going to be so much unnecessary disappointment on Thursday...
It depends what your hype levels are. If you expect 5,000 characters, then yes, you will be disappointed like you will be for the rest of your life! :laugh:

If you are expecting some news related to smash, then yes; GET HYPED!!! Don't expect anything but news; but get hyped!!!
Don't know if im late on this but there are a few more pictures up on the site. Still don't get it though.
Yeah, they all look like they make up pictures on this big picture.

I do find it funny one part of a picture is a curb, which is possibly referencing an edge in smash bros.=???

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It depends what your hype levels are. If you expect 5,000 characters, then yes, you will be disappointed like you will be for the rest of your life! :laugh:

If you are expecting some news related to smash, then yes; GET HYPED!!! Don't expect anything but news; but get hyped!!!
Expecting any Super Smash Bros news is setting yourself up for disappointment...

For the last time. Only Nintendo or Sakurai is going to reveal ANYinformation pertaining to Super Smash Bros.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Star, are you treating me like I haven't been here before=??? Because I was on GameFAQs and lurking Smash Boards many years before Brawl was even titled! :laugh:
Expecting any Super Smash Bros news is setting yourself up for disappointment...
We have been getting news on a weekly basis for smash bros. So expecting news isn't setting myself up for disappointment.
For the last time. Only Nintendo or Sakurai is going to reveal ANYinformation pertaining to Super Smash Bros.
Correction: Only Nintendo and Sakurai/Sora Ltd are going to allow for information to be revealed, unless by accident.

Like Shigeru Miyamoto accidentally confirming Jigglypuff in Melee; David Hayter accidentally leaking Jigglypuff in Brawl; Eiji Anouma accidentally leaked Sheik and Ganondorf in Brawl; a "source" revealing that Mewtwo wouldn't be playable and Lucario would be playable in Brawl back in mid-late 2007; the same "source" revealing the exact roster a little after Sonic's confirmation (most of us thought it was a fake, since we thought Ness was confirmed not to be playable based on the wording of the Lucas updates, and that ROB wouldn't be playable due to various ROBs being Subpsace Emissary common enemies); the accidental Brawl sticker "power up" footage leak pre-Brawl that confirmed Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Ness in Brawl (even after most of us felt Sakurai basically confirmed Ness wouldn't be in smash); the accidental early of the Brawl opening, re-confirming Ness and confirming Marth; Brawl being released about half a day early in some part of Japan; other examples I can't think of right now.

Besides, it's not like Namco Bandai wouldn't have a link to a game they are working on, even if Nintendo is the producer! :laugh:

If they're doing it, again, they are doing it with Nintendo's permission. It's not like they're going to go out and reveal the whole roster... unless by a leak! :chuckle:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They're gonna milk out the franchise for all its' worth, duh!!!

That or it's Super Smash Bros. (bottom row, from left to right): Milk your aquarium with (whatever that is on the right).

:chuckle:

Oh, and Super Smash Bros. (top row, left to right): urban retro American Chocolate Wars!

:rotfl:

Edit: Y'all need to take the approach EPF and I are taking, and have some fun with this! This is freaking awesome mah smash brothahs!!! :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star, are you treating me like I haven't been here before=??? Because I was on GameFAQs and lurking Smash Boards many years before Brawl was even titled! :laugh:

We have been getting news on a weekly basis for smash bros. So expecting news isn't setting myself up for disappointment.

Correction: Only Nintendo and Sakurai/Sora Ltd are going to allow for information to be revealed, unless by accident.

Like Shigeru Miyamoto accidentally confirming Jigglypuff in Melee; David Hayter accidentally leaking Jigglypuff in Brawl; Eiji Anouma accidentally leaked Sheik and Ganondorf in Brawl; a "source" revealing that Mewtwo wouldn't be playable and Lucario would be playable in Brawl back in mid-late 2007; the same "source" revealing the exact roster a little after Sonic's confirmation (most of us thought it was a fake, since we thought Ness was confirmed not to be playable based on the wording of the Lucas updates, and that ROB wouldn't be playable due to various ROBs being Subpsace Emissary common enemies); the accidental Brawl sticker "power up" footage leak pre-Brawl that confirmed Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Ness in Brawl (even after most of us felt Sakurai basically confirmed Ness wouldn't be in smash); the accidental early of the Brawl opening, re-confirming Ness and confirming Marth; Brawl being released about half a day early in some part of Japan; other examples I can't think of right now.

Besides, it's not like Namco Bandai wouldn't have a link to a game they are working on, even if Nintendo is the producer! :laugh:

If they're doing it, again, they are doing it with Nintendo's permission. It's not like they're going to go out and reveal the whole roster... unless by a leak! :chuckle:
Are you seriously so desperate for news that you've forgotten that this is a game that is barely in development? Masahiro Sakurai himself said to not expect any news for awhile because he has barely has a chance to even decide what he wants to do. That does not sound to me like there is anything worth showing at this point. Super Smash Bros is Nintendo's game, not Namco's, and so Nintendo are the ones going to call the shots. If Nintendo were going to reveal anything abouot the game it would either be in a Nintendo Direct, or one of their conferences. The rest of that stuff about Miyamoto and Hayter really doesn't apply since the glaring difference between the two is that the former were slip of the tongues, not a planned tease.

I'm so tired of the amount of misinformation in this community. History really is doomed to repeat itself. I've said my peace, do what you all want to.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wait, a cow's utter is confirmed in the picture.

Cows has cow utters.

Cows live out the outskirts of suburban areas.

I live in a suburban area with cows.

MY AREA AND ME ARE CONFIRMED IN SMASH BROS!!! YESSS!!!

TAKE THAT BEECHES!!! I'M GONNA BE PLAYABLE AND YOU AREN'T!!! :p

Seriously, I wonder how this funny picture thingy is gonna connect all of this. The fact that all these things are so different makes this so interesting and fun! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you seriously so desperate for news that you've forgotten that this is a game that is barely in development?
I'm not expecting much, other than something interesting. I love these these awesome picture clues that make no sense. That includes even if this isn't smash related.
Super Smash Bros is Nintendo's game, not Namco's, and so Nintendo are the ones going to call the shots. If Nintendo were going to reveal anything abouot the game it would either be in a Nintendo Direct, or one of their conferences.
Nintendo and Sakurai are calling the shots, but it is still also a Namco Bandai-developed game. Besides, we have no idea how Nintendo, Sorta Limited, Namco Bandai, and other involved parties will handle the marketing and promotion of the game. It could very well be a co-effort/hosted site deal between Nintendo and Namco Bandai.
I'm so tired of the amount of misinformation in this community. History really is doomed to repeat itself. I've said my peace, do what you all want to.
History I was here for with Brawl, all the Brawl related hype, and all the Brawl relate rumors, all the Dojo updates, and so on. And you were, too. I remember you from that period. I remember it, and I'm going to have more fun than before and enjoy whatever news this is, regardless of whether it is smash-related or not, or whether it is or isn't related to smash. Because even if this isn't smash-related, I got other things to look forward to, and more smash sequel news inevitably in the future. This is cherry good fun to me! ^_^

Star, you should let loose, prepare to except what's coming, and have fun guessing while you don't know instead of acting so indifferent, and even negatively, to this news.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, the website says 2 days... I guess I will check back on Wednesday or Thursday.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The thing that hasn't been confirmed in any way to be Smash yet?

20 hours ago = 2 weeks now?

Hadn't caught that, ta!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
the food pic was revealed by someone to actually be a date.

one of the Pics is the Statue of Liberty, which could be a hint to Little Mac or Victini.

the bottom ocean pic is from Brawl's intro.
The insane and ridiculous speculation begins.

Dang yall so negative. Let's just try and be positive. If it doesn't happen lets move on. Get on that hype train. : )
There is no benefit to being positive about the unknown. Expect nothing from the future and everything you get will be a surprise.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The thing that hasn't been confirmed in any way to be Smash yet?
It's at least fun to guess what this silly puzzle thingy is, what it's for, and what the point of this whole weird wacky situation Namco Bandai made is all about! :grin:
20 hours ago = 2 weeks now?
The news you are talking about is at least 2 weeks old. The news we're referring to happened within the past 24 hours. ;) (thus my reference makes sense)
There is no benefit to being positive about the unknown. Expect nothing from the future and everything you get will be a surprise.
We do know is we're getting 2 new smash bros. We'll be getting news about those games over the next 2-5 years. That is a good reason to be positive, along with being alive! :)
The way I see it, all extra news we hear about these 2 forthcoming smash bros. games is a bonus. Heck, I view these games as "bonus" Super Smash Bros. games anyways. :bee:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man I miss the old smashboards. people were way more fun.
Eh, everyone is just too caught up in telling everyone not to get hyped out of proportions to have fun themselves, including a lot of us oldies from the pre-Brawl days. Sometimes it is from the wear and tear of being here and speculating on these forthcoming games so long, and not getting news for even longer. Once we get real information, there'll be joy.
Even if this wasn't smash related, what in the hell could it possibly be? I cant see anything battle related with those screen shots. xD
I think each picture has a message that means something to the overall meaning. Whatever this all means quite frankly fascinates me to extreme extents.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
We do know is we're getting 2 new smash bros. We'll be getting news about those games over the next 2-5 years. That is a good reason to be positive, along with being alive! :)
The way I see it, all extra news we hear about these 2 forthcoming smash bros. games is a bonus. Heck, I view these games as "bonus" Super Smash Bros. games anyways. :bee:
Being positive about the knowns, such as good health, fortune, and life, is very different and far more beneficial to a sound mind than being positive and expecting grandeur from that which is unknown.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Being positive about the knowns, such as good health, fortune, and life, is very different and far more beneficial to a sound mind than being positive and expecting grandeur from that which is unknown.
It's called having faith. And not faith based on nothing ("blind faith" as some call it), but faith based on past history, evidence, and evidence (that can be "proven" in a sense).

For example, the sun has risen in the morning, and set in the evening every day of my life. I have faith, based on this reasoning, that it will happen again.

I have a similar faith with smash bros. Because I got more stages, characters, items, Pokéball Pokémon, single-player modes, trophies, and content in each smash bros. game than the one before it, why shouldn't I be faithful I'll get more=??? Especially with Sakurai and his staff having more people and more time to make these 2 Smash Bros. games.

Even if the 2 forthcoming Super Smash Bros. games end up being bad, I have faith that hackers (like those who made Balanced Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-, and Project M) could hack these 2 smash bros. games to make them good, based on their previous experience of building a new/improved game from what they had with Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Star, stop being such a stick in the mud and enjoy yourself. Seriously, some of you are like I was just this past year. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That's what you gotta do.

And I was thinking about this earlier today.

In June 2011, Smash 4 is announced for a WiiU and 3DS release. We find out after the Nintendo conference that this game was not in the works at all. The purpose of the announcement was to hire people to work on the game. Work is said to start October 2011. Sakurai also says that he'll start on Smash 4 once he finished Kid Icarus, but the game was delayed a number of times, ultimately pushing it to a March 2012 release, but the game was said to have gone gold in late January.

Now, what does Nintendo do with these new workers? Ethically, you can't have them in limbo, especially if they changed jobs or were fresh out of college or they'd have no money to live off of. My guess is that sometime last year, Nintendo got together with Namco to produce a working prototype of Smash 4. Based off this evidence, I have reason to believe that development did indeed begin nine months ago. This way, Sakurai was able to continue working on Kid Icarus Uprising until he was finished while Namco took care of conceptualizing things in the mean time.

Nine months is more than enough time to get to a point where footage can be shown to the public, even if things in trailers are not final. Now, I think that Sakurai has been playing dumb, but is also telling the truth in earlier interviews where he said he hadn't started work on Smash 4. He himself had not started, but he consistently omitted Namco's involvement.

Either way, we'll find out if this is Smash related come Wednesday or Thursday.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Really don't like that article about the limit of characters. If don't add any / many characters then there better not be any clones.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'll be honest. I just wanna see who the characters are. Cross your fingers this sites legit..

The long wait for Lucario's inclusion begins.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Really don't like that article about the limit of characters. If don't add any / many characters then there better not be any clones.

I am not sure I will get the game I mean look at the cuts that would have to be made in order to get those new characters in

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Star, stop being such a stick in the mud and enjoy yourself. Seriously, some of you are like I was just this past year. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That's what you gotta do.

*snip a great post I agree with*
Well said my smash brother. Life is a mountain that either you stand atop of, or it stands atop you! Why be down when there's mountains to climb=???
I love hiking btw.
:)

As for your theories, even if they aren't true, Melee's trailer/opening was made by a separate graphic design team in about 3-6 months. It's been at least 5 months. As many of you know, I've stated I think we'll get our first trailer (whether 2 seconds or 2 minutes) in September-November. So, judging by the amount of progress progress of these 2 games in development, I think we are on course to seeing the game unveiled in that time. :)

Also Kuma, I do think to an extent that the conceptual elements of your theories on Namco Bandai are probably true. ;) I think Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (on the WiiU) having super mushrooms perhaps is some sort of reference to that. There's no way something like that is in that game without some legal work being completed many months ago.

Top Bottom