• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
@All of you who are "happy" that this wasn't smash- seriously, don't be so uncouth. You guys are acting like a bunch of narcissistic spoiled kids. Keep that petty name calling to yourselves, especially since I guarantee you that you would never walk up to someone in real life and tell someone that they were an idiot, you would get molly-whopped. : )
Dude easy, don't get so worked up about it.
Many people make mistakes like this plus this was believable so I can't really blame people for believing it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wasn't fooled by the teaser, since it clearly lacked Nintendo's logo. Anyway, the thread title has been changed so that other users are aware that the trailer is not related to Smash Bros..

JPW

Smash Ace
Don't take this as me bagging you out. I'm trying to be nice here.

it made no sense to be a Smash Bros. thing. And this actually does look kind of cool. I'm totally behind it.

Think logically though guys. If anyone's going to start the ball rolling it'll be Sakurai. It's his game. He'll be the first to show stuff regardless of who's with it. Namco would probably only contribute to balancing the fighters. I reckon the rest of the time it'll be on him and his team. So why should Namco play around with first reveal.

Also if this were to be a teaser. I'm pretty sure Nintendo would of got behind it and said a few things to keep the hype ball rolling. It's not like them to sit blindly as something like this goes on.

Nothing made sense even when you saw it all and there was 0 days left. It had nothing to do with Smash Bros.

It's alright getting all excited and everything but if there is anything that was going to happen it'll come from Nintendo or Sakurai before it comes from Namco.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hahahaha... so it turned out to be nothing after all. I am not surprised. Sometimes I think some people are just desperate and starving for any bit of information relating to Smash. That's why we have Sakurai jokes whenever Sakurai posts on Twitter.

Sakurai goes to his doctor's appointment. Dr. Mario confirmed.

There is an earthquake in Tokyo. Isaac confirmed.

Sakurai complains about his toothbrush. Chibi-Robo confirmed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Holy **** JoJo. Nice, I remember playing one the one on the dreamcast. Welp, that's it. It was fun while it lasted

@All of you who are "happy" that this wasn't smash- seriously, don't be so uncouth. You guys are acting like a bunch of narcissistic spoiled kids. Keep that petty name calling to yourselves, especially since I guarantee you that you would never walk up to someone in real life and tell someone that they were an idiot, you would get molly-whopped. : )
So these are the words of a man who knows both desperation and hope that goes unrewarded.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's like someone thought JoJo's Bizarre Adventure wasn't good enough so they ran the title through Google translate.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, that was interesting. I've actually never heard of the game. Anyway, I'm just glad I stayed neutral. It was pretty fun while it lasted. It at least got us something to talk about again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Still hyped over here. Expecting Smash Trailer at EVO
In light of this Jojo fighter, I kind of doubt it. Maybe we'll see it at Sakurai's presentation that's next month.

Anyway, I enjoyed this period of hype, even if it wasn't Smash related. Wonder if it'll come stateside though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
why am I not surprised to see that this wasn't SSB4 related? It was painfully obvious this had nothing to do with Smash Bros.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
A new Jojo fighter is better news than Smash 4 could ever be.

Trufax.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Never heard of this game series or any of it's characters. Is the series some obscure title or is it Japanese only?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, Smash 4 got a whole new redesign, a totally new character roster, a new battle system, and Nintendo is actually going to release it on the PS3?! I know Sakurai wanted to take Smash in a new direction, but this wasn't what I had in mind. :troll:

In seriousness, the game does look pretty hilarious. I wonder if it will be released outside of Japan.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I could've sworn Jojo was Capcom.... but that pretty much explains why I haven't seen him in any of the Capcom vs games. :p

I played Jojo's game with some friends, and it was a pretty amusing fighter (for another SFII clone, that is).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jojo originated as a manga. It was never Capcom's property.

So these are the words of a man who knows both desperation and hope that goes unrewarded.
I guess lol. I just don't like rudeness.

I did have hope, but I'm far from disappointed, I miss the hype though. I've been playing Phantasy Star Online 2 while y'all were debating about this. xD

After all it's just a game. It's gonna be released either way. I stopped following games for a while now, but I'll peak here and there for smash.

:phone:

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Wow. What an excellent fake out.

Then again, I assume we all jumped in the conclusion this going to be SSB related all because it said All Star Battle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wow. What an excellent fake out.

Then again, I assume we all jumped in the conclusion this going to be SSB related all because it said All Star Battle.
Not really. The fact that it wasn't hosted on the Super Smash Bros. website was a big giveaway that it was for something else.

Top Bottom