• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also Kuma, I do think to an extent that the conceptual elements of your theories on Namco Bandai are probably true. ;) I think Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (on the WiiU) having super mushrooms perhaps is some sort of reference to that. There's no way something like that is in that game without some legal work being completed many months ago.
Uh, duh? If anyone wanted to do anything on the Wii U, they've have to have done legal work. Nintendo probably specifically asked them to do it to draw people in: both those who might not normally have played Tekan, and those who have but wouldn't re-buy a game they've already got. Having new modes gives them a reason to rebuy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
there are some people getting overhyped... I will remain skeptical.

I seriously doubt that this site is Smash related. I think it's insane for people to think just because Namco Bandai is developing the game and they put a site saying "All-Star Battle", it's going to be Smash 4. It's illogical, anyone should see that.

If they were going to release a site for the new Smash Bros., that site is either Nintendo's or smashbros.com. Namco Bandai is just cooperating in the development, not the owners of the franchise, that's why I doubt this entire story.

the copyright notice in the bottom of the page makes no mention of Nintendo, HAL Laboratory, Sora or any other owner of the characters of Smash, which pretty much gives away that it's not going to be Smash related.

if you check out Project X Zone's website, the copyright notice will include Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom, which are the owners of the characters present in that game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The fact that I don't see Nintendo's logo on that teaser site really makes me think that this is all a hoax.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The fact that I don't see Nintendo's logo on that teaser site really makes me think that this is all a hoax.
agreed. people are just overspeculating and expecting something that will probably won't be. and then there will be pointless arguing and ranting about all this... it's so predictable, it hurts.

this may be a teaser, but it's not for SSB4.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd rather wait and see then have unrealistic expectations and hype (And then blaming Nintendo for supposedly "hyping" us up for a teaser site they never promised in the first place). I will remain skeptical until the site launches.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Lol, finally someone responded! I can't believe I actually found new info. Hmm, MegaMan or Geno? I say MegaMan. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
if you check out Project X Zone's website, the copyright notice will include Namco Bandai, Sega and Capcom, which are the owners of the characters present in that game.
Lol duh of course they would show all that, that already got revealed a while back

It probably won't be Smash 4, though

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
the copyright notice in the bottom of the page makes no mention of Nintendo, HAL Laboratory, Sora or any other owner of the characters of Smash, which pretty much gives away that it's not going to be Smash related.
If I recall, the Dojo would gradually add to the bottom of the website a list of copyright owners relating to the website as characters were added.

And again, it would be a dead give away if Nintendo, HAL, or Sora were mentioned on the website.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^^^ Woaw, I remember playing the original Clay Fighters (on the Super Nintendo) and Clay Fighter63 1/3rd at my cousins. Those games were freaking fun! :)

That reference to the Sculptor's Cut is straight up hardcore! :laugh:
I have Sculptor's Cut. Paid $50 for it. Play it at least once a week.
Greatest N64 game.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, I think you guys, on evaluating my attitude, have replaced the phrase "joyfully living in the moment" with "hyped." I know eventually we'll get loads of news; I can wait!

@ StrongBad
That's pretty hardcore bro, especially since that game sells for like hundreds of dollars online now. How is it compared to the original edition of ClayFighter 63 1/3rd=???

@ Kink-Link5
That's why I don't take Sakurai's words as literally anymore. He is a man full of hyping things down to hype them up, unexpected surprises, and above all, lots of mind games! :grin:
If I recall, the Dojo would gradually add to the bottom of the website a list of copyright owners relating to the website as characters were added.
Yep. Unless I'm mistaken, Konami wasn't even added until the "Snake Joins the Brawl" Dojo update on the 2nd Brawl Dojo, even if he was confirmed over a year beforehand! :laugh:
And again, it would be a dead give away if Nintendo, HAL, or Sora were mentioned on the website.
Exactly. I mean seriously, why would they spoil the surprise=??? And even if this isn't smash bros.-related, it would still spoil the surprise if they listed the companies involved.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
*sees What's The Point is viewing the thread*

How coincidental. lol

BTW, found this.

Namco Bandai registered not one, but two new trademarks recently. In addition to Project X Zone, the company has secured the name for “All Star Battle”.

The common consensus is that one of these two names is related to Namco Bandai, SEGA, and Capcom’s 3DS crossover project.

April 6th, 2012
http://nintendoeverything.com/86043/another-namco-bandai-trademark/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's why I'm not hanging my hat on this being Smash Bros.-related.

The way I see it, this "All-Star Battle" is in all likelihood either Smash Bros.-related (since we've gotten very little news involving Namco Bandai's take on the game/series), Tekken X Street Fighter-related (since we've gotten no news about that game), or Project X Zone-related (the Namco Bandai/Capcom/SEGA crossover).

While I'm at it, I don't see Project X Zone being a one and done deal. I think there will be at least 2 additional Project X Zone-related games.

If it is any of those 3 games, I win. :grin: Quite frankly, I would be happy with any of that, or maybe even *gasp* the dark horse possibility of a new confirmed Tales game! :laugh:

Man i'm just hella curious to see what's gonna happen with this site. Looking forward to it.

@All you kill joys- If you guys seriously have nothing better to do with your day than find every possible way for this not to be something to be excited for yall need to dip. The point is that this is potentially smash related, and if not it's still interesting given how this teaser site has a crazy lay out. Smash related stuff has been pouring out of nowhere so who knows? Even if this isn't smash it's still interesting.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ EPF
I like how you and I were somewhat pessimistic towards Brawl, and yet here we are being all optimistic about Smash WiiU/3DS stuff.

That includes this news about it that may not be news about it. :laugh:

Meanwhile, all the oldie "Brawl is gonna be the best smash bros. game ever, hands down" folks sound like their God just died. :laugh:

Regardless, this puzzle is a fascinating secret, that in less than 30 hours, will be revealed. It should also be updated in a few minutes to a few hours. GET. HYPED!! GET. EXCITED!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The way I see it, this "All-Star Battle" is in all likelihood either Smash Bros.-related (since we've gotten very little news involving Namco Bandai's take on the game/series), Tekken X Street Fighter-related (since we've gotten no news about that game), or Project X Zone-related (the Namco Bandai/Capcom/SEGA crossover).

If it is any of those 3 games, I win. :grin: Quite frankly, I would be happy with any of that, or maybe even *gasp* the dark horse possibility of a new confirmed Tales game! :laugh:
I highly doubt it's Tekken X Street Fighter as they would've secured the trademarks for that that game ages ago.

And yes, the former Brawl hype people sound like their god is dead and have lost all purpose in living.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not betting it's Smash related at all yet, but assuming it is, perhaps the Statue of Liberty refers to Little Mac, the underwater tunnel to Starfy, and what is this? A cow/pig/dog with dark moles? Perhaps, even, Muddy Moles? ...Excellent...

But in all seriousness, I'm not gonna get too overhyped. It would be nice if it was Smash, but I always assume the worst with these things. Plan for the worst and hope for the best, you know?

Still, Smash or not, I want to know what the puzzle means.

@John-Yeah I remember that, we were a bit negative lol. Well, I guess we just realized that it's just a game; we're growing up xD. Any news is good news in my opinion

@Kuma- I know dude it's ridiculous. Everyone is making themselves suicidal over a game. That and everyone is so bent on proving what it isn't rather than what it could be.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I highly doubt it's Tekken X Street Fighter as they would've secured the trademarks for that that game ages ago.
That trademark may have been for something else. Plus, it has been forever since we heard Tekken X Street Fighter news. Only 4 characters have been confirmed thus far! :laugh:
And yes, the former Brawl hype people sound like their god is dead and have lost all purpose in living.
The funny thing is that inevitably we are going to get Smash WiiU and 3DS news. It's not like there's a possibility this project will get cancelled or only released in Japan! :laugh:
@John-Yeah I remember that, we were a bit negative lol. Well, I guess we just realized that it's just a game; we're growing up xD. Any news is good news in my opinion
Of course, a certain Dylan_TNGA did not help keep things positive. :laugh:
Btw Eternal Phoenix Fire, our smash brothah Smooth Criminal drops by these Smash 4 Boards occasionally.

Still, we will eventually get news of these games. ;) Eventually, we will even own these 2 unreleased smash games, and be able to play them. :) I'm hyped for that. :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That trademark may have been for something else. Plus, it has been forever since we heard Tekken X Street Fighter news. Only 4 characters have been confirmed thus far! :laugh:
Five if you count Chun-Li since she's the first lady of Street Fighter and fighting games. That, and she showed up in some gorgeous concept art on Twitter.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh man i didn't even notice that more pictures are slowly being added to that grid!
Plus the site seems to move ahead a day 4 hours in advance of where I live so I guess I'll get to see it a little earlier? Living on the opposite side of the world from Japan has it's benefits XD
Still seems to mostly be pictures of an aquarium.
Oh one more just got added above the aquarium tunnel thing.
Whoah it's an Underwater aquarium!

Maybe the words for Traffic, Fig, and Aquarium in some foreign language
sound out "All Star Battle"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey guys, I think the site will update again by like 4 PM PST today! In other words, within the next 3 hours or so! :)

@ Kuma
Still, that is only 5 or 6 possibly confirmed characters. That isn't many at all, especially compared to the Street Fighter X Tekken roster size! laugh:
@John- Poor Dylan. He was kinda right in the end though lol. Haven't seen Smooth in forever it would be cool to see him again.
Yeah, but Dylan did curse out all the mods and stuff! :laugh: Still, he was right on a great many things (although I feel Game Arts and Nintendo was to blame, not Sakurai). Still, I think Dylan probably likes Brawl, just because of Brawl+, Brawl-, and of course, Project M! :laugh:

lol Dylan is probably one of the best players in Brawl right now secretly. xD

Project M is great by the way. I feel like they went overboard with Lucario though. He's cool, but he doesn't feel like he belongs in Smash, or Melee for that matter. Just my opinion though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What if Dylan's secretly was like Ally or ADHD=??? :laugh:

But for realZs, I love Project M. Freaking Ness and Lucas are SOOOOO GOOD!!! I freaking love playing as them, especially since you can get some crazy combos with them going.

As for Lucario, you are kinda right, but I like the direction. He feels a bit like a traditional fighting game character, he's more technical than anyone else in smash, but boy, is he fun to watch, play as, and fight against. Actually, I think the character they went overboard with was Toon Link and Ike. Those guys are too good.

But yeah, get hyped!!! We're not too far away from this update! And when we keep refreshing it, we'll figure out when to expect the next (and last?) update for this puzzle! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone else feel like the lack of an english site does not help the possibility of this site being SSB4 related?
Not really, since the lack of the original Melee dojo having an English site, and the 1st non-Japanese Brawl Dojo not launching for a long time. Also, there is the fact that the Japanese Brawl Dojo had a lot more stuff from Sakurai, a lot more fan interaction, and even a poll and poll analysis by Sakurai! :laugh:

If it is a Super Smash Bros. game, though, we will get a multi-language edition of said in not too long (possibly with less stuff and features again). :ohwell:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't really know what makes people think this is Smash related... there are a lot of indicators saying otherwise.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ ...because Namco Bandai is going to be the primary developer (or developers?) or Smash WiiU and 3DS, and this is on their site=??? :laugh:

That and it says "ALL STAR BATTLE". That means that in all likelihood this is either Smash, Tekken X Street Fighter, or Project X Zone-related.

A 1 in 3 chance isn't too shabby at all. It's at least worth keeping an eye on (especially since myself and others are interested in the other 2 games/game-related products).

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Aw man why'd ya have to mention Project X-Zone.
That's probably totally what it is... ;-;
No! I can't let doubts cloud my spirit! Namco and Bandai have never let me down before!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
^^^ ...because Namco Bandai is going to be the primary developer (or developers?) or Smash WiiU and 3DS, and this is on their site=??? :laugh:

That and it says "ALL STAR BATTLE". That means that in all likelihood this is either Smash, Tekken X Street Fighter, or Project X Zone-related.

A 1 in 3 chance isn't too shabby at all. It's at least worth keeping an eye on (especially since myself and others are interested in the other 2 games/game-related products).
you see, that is kind of illogical.

let's put this other way, Star Fox: Assault was developed by Namco as well, and does Namco have a site dedicated to Star Fox: Assault? No.

2nd point: Namco Bandai DID register a trademark for "All Star Battle".

3rd point: why on Namco Bandai's site and not Nintendo's site... after all, Smash Bros. is Nintendo All-Stars NOT Namco Bandai All-Stars... so there.

get my logic?

Top Bottom