• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero suit Samus Video Archive

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Can someone put up vids playing against falco wolf or toonlink? Or a very good Ike? thanks

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404

Snakeee

Smash Master

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
wow snakeee you are amazing with ZZS. i watch that 3rd one, you owned him, it was awsome when you got him from like 10 to 90 in that one combo

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Snake, those were some good matches ^.^ I've only got through the first 3, but plan on finishing up!

I am curious though, when I play Ike, as an edgeguard, you can tether and Ike can't grab the ledge. Obviously in most scenarios just grabbing the ledge works fine, but it's good for edgeguarding after running off the stage and fairing ^.^ Just in case you didn't know

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snake, those were some good matches ^.^ I've only got through the first 3, but plan on finishing up!

I am curious though, when I play Ike, as an edgeguard, you can tether and Ike can't grab the ledge. Obviously in most scenarios just grabbing the ledge works fine, but it's good for edgeguarding after running off the stage and fairing ^.^ Just in case you didn't know
Thanks and yeah when I played Versa in those vids I wasn't the best at gimping Ike's recovery, but I'm working on that. You can also spike him at the top of his Up-B with a down-b or d-air.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Sparrow I just watched most of those winners finals matches, and your ZSS is good. One thing I noticed however, is that you do some unusual things with the d smash that aren't really the best. I saw you do three d smashes into an up air while you could have just done one d smash and killed with forward b or single/double to b air.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback snake I'll try that in the future. If you watched the luigi's mansion one I tried to do the combos like you did on that ike but failed because my opponent knew how to tech out of it :(

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback snake I'll try that in the future. If you watched the luigi's mansion one I tried to do the combos like you did on that ike but failed because my opponent knew how to tech out of it :(
Most players are going to tech, its really just something to punish them when they miss. But, like I said in my topic if you're fast enough you can still follow up with something when they do tech.

Btw, your style is definitely the closest to mine that I've seen, I'm proud lol.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I agree with Snakeee. I remember thinking while I watched that 'Wow, he plays just like me.' I mimed picking up a controller and playing and predicted almost every move.

Although, as Snakeee said, I always do a Side-b after two d-smashes. It hits like 70% of the time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Sparrow, my one bit of advice for Brinstar is to try to take more advantage of the plaforms there. Don't stand on top of any of them unless you have just knocked your opponent into the air. The stage can work for Zamus, but it requires very precise zoning, and standing on platforms is generally a no-no for Zamus.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I agree with Snakeee. I remember thinking while I watched that 'Wow, he plays just like me.' I mimed picking up a controller and playing and predicted almost every move.

Although, as Snakeee said, I always do a Side-b after two d-smashes. It hits like 70% of the time.
Actually, I do it after one for 100% guaranteed. D smash- short hop backwards and sweetspot the forward B. Sometimes I'll double d smash and try and go for both hits of the forward B, but it's risky.

Sparrow, my one bit of advice for Brinstar is to try to take more advantage of the plaforms there. Don't stand on top of any of them unless you have just knocked your opponent into the air. The stage can work for Zamus, but it requires very precise zoning, and standing on platforms is generally a no-no for Zamus.
Yep, the platforms are great there, but can get you killed if you stand on them yourself.
Side kills are great on that stage because there's short horizontal distance. Also on a side note, you can down-b walljump in that one part over and over when it breaks.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
The footstool out of that attempted suicide was just hysterical. Nice match. Maybe let up on the side B's a bit though, don't want to decay one of your best KO moves.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

zero5

Smash Cadet
yeah that footstool kill made us all laugh while we were recording.. and the recovery at the end was epic.. lol.. thanks for the feedback BoredPeanut..

i also have two new vids up.. one against a marth and one against a zelda spammer.. the link should be in my sig

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.
I agree. I nominate Sparrow vs. SDM 4, personally.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
sounds good, a hall of fame should be the thoughts of everyone, so everyone post what u think the good ZSS performances were, and ill tally up the popular ones, and do that.

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Hey all, finally got a few videos of me playing posted. There might be a few more to come as I think I played like 8 or so rounds from the tournament.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=08HVv-FKrec
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXCpLrBcniM&feature=related

one win and one loss. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I only watched the first match and viewing that I see you hardly use any other approach apart from the paralyzer, which becomes a bit predictable. Only on very few occasions you didn't use this. Use some more mindgames to stop opponents reading you like a fine piece of literature.

Other than that you have a very nice Zamus. 1st stock was wonderful to watch. I'll watch the other match sometime later.

Top Bottom