• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I feel out of the mix, I've only played LoZ: A Link to the Past. WW never interested me, and I can't get TP yet. I never got to play OoT on 64, actually I never even saw it in real life, only in videos [like speed demos archives]. I'll just sit and wait until the topic changes to something I know about.

Darn... too lazy to add colour. :ohwell:

Stryks

Smash Hero
They should start over on SSBB and make the graphics WW style. That'd be awesome.
That would be Cell shade (think thats whats it called), and hell no, the awesome thing about smash, is that u c ur favorite characters with more depth and detailed look, look at pit, the guy looks awesome, so does fox, and marios overalls, u can c the stiching (sp?), no need for "WW style" smash...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No thank you, most of the characters in SSB get a more detailed look than they have in their own games, it's really nice to see how they turn out.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I was just joking jeeze...It'd be funny if everything went cell-shaded when you pick the WW stage (if it's in), though. I think it'd be cool, though, if the Young Link of this game was an amalgation of a bunch of the Links. Like, he'd have the detail of TP, WW Link's clothes, the gilded sword from MM, and then items from across the series. That'd be awesome.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
That would be Cell shade (think thats whats it called), and hell no, the awesome thing about smash, is that u c ur favorite characters with more depth and detailed look, look at pit, the guy looks awesome, so does fox, and marios overalls, u can c the stiching (sp?), no need for "WW style" smash...
I have to agree with Stryks. A Cell Shaded Smash would ruin the game indefinately. *two thumbs down*

Wrath`

Smash Master
Cell shade?Might as well make it 16 bit.:laugh:

If zamus has a beam sword aready,if you pick up the item beam sword you can be the master jedi

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
I was just joking jeeze...It'd be funny if everything went cell-shaded when you pick the WW stage (if it's in), though. I think it'd be cool, though, if the Young Link of this game was an amalgation of a bunch of the Links. Like, he'd have the detail of TP, WW Link's clothes, the gilded sword from MM, and then items from across the series. That'd be awesome.
This idea sounds pretty sweet, I like it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If they are kicking out YL WW link won't get in for sure, he would probably end up being a clone.

I LOVE ICs, I like ****** people with their grabs, I normally grab, punch for a while then c-stick [to get around Nana's delayed movement] then throw.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
WW Link wouldn't be a clone, they could do a lot of creative things with him. Grappling Hook, Hurricane Spin, Helm Splitter, Deku Leaf, and maybe even an easter egg where you conduct the winds with your wiimote (if you're using that thing). If they don't replace him with WW Link, I want young link out.

Stryks

Smash Hero
WW link can be his own character, and not a clone, like falco pheonix added...

he can use the upB move to use the deki leaf, in the air u can use it similair on how u use peach's up B, but on the ground he'll just flap the deku leaf to throw a powerful blast of air forward...

his super can be the hurrican spin, and well thats all I got, I neve rpassed WW and played it like 2 years ago, thus I cant remember more moves/weapons WW link has...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
WW Link wouldn't be a clone, they could do a lot of creative things with him. Grappling Hook, Hurricane Spin, Helm Splitter, Deku Leaf, and maybe even an easter egg where you conduct the winds with your wiimote (if you're using that thing). If they don't replace him with WW Link, I want young link out.
Yeah, why would they go to the trouble of making a WW Link, only to make him a clone! No, besides looks, they've got to do something special!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's just like when they added Ganondorf, I think they will look for characters with a lower probability of being a clone and added clones later, maybe to increase fanbase. They did it with Ganondorf in Melee.

Stryks

Smash Hero
No they did that with ganondorf cause they were running out of time, and had no time to make a decent moveset, thats why...

and I believe ganondorf HAD a non clone moveset, he had that sword for a reason, Im guessing sakurai saw that trailer where link and ganondorf are battling, there ganondorf had that sword, so gguess sakurai tough that was an actual trailer from a game, which wasnt, thus gave ganon the sword and his own moveset, then found out ganondorf was never going to use the sword, thus it ruin the moveset, since sakurai had such little time, he made him a clone...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope all of the origials return....but Shiek is in major danger from Twilight Princess! Also G&W, Pichu, Jiggypuff, Dr. Mario ,Ice Climbers, and even Roy (he awsome), and even Ness are in danger! Ganondorf, as well as Fox or Falco might be totally diffrent, and Ice Climbers as individuals! But man...G&W is my least used character...i like him...but he's not my style! Pichu is a weakened Pickachu with more zap (needs total change or more diffrences from Pickachu, as well as possible Raichu in it)! Jigglypuff cause it is sometimes callled "a somewhat weaker Kirby" by man ppl i no! Ice Climbers cause they aren't very good, and they should be one character each. Roy and Marth need a little more diffrences at least, but man....if those 2 aren' in it I'll be mad as HELL (even if Link is my favorite)! Ness cause in Melee he was a little off, and need more PK powers, or less yo-yo and bat use (way better in ssb). I hope Shiek stays in it, because that unique style is amazing! And Young Link could also become Wind Waker Link (or have both, but Young Link like a small twilight princess link). I love Ness and Young Link, and would hate to see them go! NO CHARACTER SHOULD BE REMOVED! Also ganondorf needs to have a sword or swords to attack, with magic! Maybe even call him "ganon", or the real psycho Ganon we need from Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I hope all of the origials return....but Shiek is in major danger from Twilight Princess! Also G&W, Pichu, Jiggypuff, Dr. Mario ,Ice Climbers, and even Roy (he awsome), and even Ness are in danger! Ganondorf, as well as Fox or Falco might be totally diffrent, and Ice Climbers as individuals! But man...G&W is my least used character...i like him...but he's not my style! Pichu is a weakened Pickachu with more zap (needs total change or more diffrences from Pickachu, as well as possible Raichu in it)! Jigglypuff cause it is sometimes callled "a somewhat weaker Kirby" by man ppl i no! Ice Climbers cause they aren't very good, and they should be one character each. Roy and Marth need a little more diffrences at least, but man....if those 2 aren' in it I'll be mad as HELL (even if Link is my favorite)! Ness cause in Melee he was a little off, and need more PK powers, or less yo-yo and bat use (way better in ssb). I hope Shiek stays in it, because that unique style is amazing! And Young Link could also become Wind Waker Link (or have both, but Young Link like a small twilight princess link). I love Ness and Young Link, and would hate to see them go! NO CHARACTER SHOULD BE REMOVED! Also ganondorf needs to have a sword or swords to attack, with magic! Maybe even call him "ganon", or the real psycho Ganon we need from Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time!
I REALLY hope Mr. G&W and Ice Climber return!

Just look at my sig!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Separating ICs would be like cutting your body in half. ICs are known for their chain grabs, *****, and wobbles, mostly notably desynching. If you split them it would just increase clone potential.

Anyway I agree with making Roy different, but I don't agree with Raichu [sp?], he'd just turn out to be a bigger, slower pikachu. I also think if the remove YL they won't add another Link, for the same reason the wouldn't separate Zero suit Samus [ZSS] from Samus [face it, this 'under certain conditions ties them together like Shiek and Zelda].

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Is it wrong to call you stupid?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
There are definately 2 weapons that you brought up that I would like to see WW Link use to his full potential. Maybe the Grappling Hook can be used to steal items, damage an opponent when he spins it around, and his Hurricane Spin can be used to move around the platform instead of just staying in one spot. Thanks Falco Phoenix for bring this to my attention.:)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No they did that with ganondorf cause they were running out of time, and had no time to make a decent moveset, thats why...

and I believe ganondorf HAD a non clone moveset, he had that sword for a reason, Im guessing sakurai saw that trailer where link and ganondorf are battling, there ganondorf had that sword, so gguess sakurai tough that was an actual trailer from a game, which wasnt, thus gave ganon the sword and his own moveset, then found out ganondorf was never going to use the sword, thus it ruin the moveset, since sakurai had such little time, he made him a clone...
Hm...you know, that's intelligent reasoning my friend. I'm not sure about the accuracy of your statement, but that would explain several dissapointments Melee had to offer. Things like: why ganondorf was given that sword in the first place, why he doesn't have a single move where he uses it, why such an important character was made into a clone. For that matter, was it an accident that the sword was left into his victory pose?

Top Bottom