• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
1. Ness talk pisses me off. (Though he would make a good story to pass on to the newcoming smashers and generations)
2. Claus would be sweet. (If Ness is...in too)
3. Mewtwo clone? wtf?! Go play melee!!!
4. Translation is off. (please)
5. Luigi Jiggs Falcon Ness ( all on the same page hopefully)
6. Wouldn't it be great if Ness was the wtf unlockable at the end of the game??!!?!!?!

Hopefully he will. :urg:

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Indeed. My fingers are crossed.....all the way till Brawl comes out. :urg:
I was going to keep my fingers crossed until Brawl comes out, but it kept getting in the way of my typing. :p

On a side note, double posting is frowned upon here. Instead of posting twice in a row, you can edit your first post using the "edit" option. It'll keep the Mods from eating your soul.

Does anyone know what what said exactly in the Japanese Dojo? Maybe that would give us a little more insentive as to what's going on with Ness and Lucas.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who can read Japanese. For all I know, he could be making fun of me on the Japanese Dojo. That sounds like something he'd do.

Am I the only one who's realized by know that Mewtwo is a slow clone of Zelda, with out Sheik for a down-b.
In a word, yes. However, you're not the only one who enters a topic, presumably without reading it, and completely changes the topic. :p

1. Ness talk pisses me off. (Though he would make a good story to pass on to the newcoming smashers and generations)
2. Claus would be sweet. (If Ness is...in too)
3. Mewtwo clone? wtf?! Go play melee!!!
4. Translation is off. (please)
5. Luigi Jiggs Falcon Ness ( all on the same page hopefully)
6. Wouldn't it be great if Ness was the wtf unlockable at the end of the game??!!?!!?!
1. You must be very pissed off, very often :p
2. I wouldn't know
3. Testify!
4. Wha?
5. Wha? 2.0
6. I don't understand the idea of a "Wtf unlockable". Unless you mean Pichu. But most people mean G&W, who makes perfect sense. But if we don't see Ness before the end of the end of the game, that would rock having him then.

What the hell are you talking about?

Mewtwo DOES have Sheik for a down B.
Well played.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what what said exactly in the Japanese Dojo? Maybe that would give us a little more insentive as to what's going on with Ness and Lucas.
I think I'm a little late but it says: The character, which had appeared in former Smash Bros. and "Ness" is, but Lucas is close to that, is. PK is used, it is the same family, die.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Lucas can suck my balls. Thats all I gotta say. xD
Sheik can suck mine :p After all she is Zelda, who's really hot, and that magic probably has a few perks ;)

What the hell are you talking about?

Mewtwo DOES have Sheik for a down B.
Same with Nana

um...I eat souls but I ain't no mod.
I can also read Japanese and since the Pika update, it's all about how nuch rAt sucks.
I finally put them together...YOU'RE THE RAT!!!! OMG!!!

and Ness FTW!

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy(:() are gone for sure.

Young Link might be given his own moveset and/or have his graphical style redone into Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link.

Ganondorf will definitely return due to importance, though his moveset will most likely be redone completely.

Despite Lucas, I can't see them cutting out a character like Ness. I think Ness and Lucas will be semi-clones.

Jigglypuff, Luigi, and Captain Falcon will return, without a doubt.

Mewtwo has a high chance of returning, though I hope they improve his moveset.

Marth also has a high chance of returning since he's the original Fire Emblem hero and he has a new game coming out.

I'm not sure what to think about Mr. Game & Watch. He may return due to being Nintendo's first video game character.

Sheik is a toughy. She may not come back due to Zelda being in her Twilight Princess design, but then again, her Ocarina of Time outfit is also selectable. Sheik might be given a new original design to blend more with the new Zelda, or who knows, Sheik might be an entirely separate character.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Personally, I think Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy(:() are gone for sure.

Young Link might be given his own moveset and/or have his graphical style redone into Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link.

Ganondorf will definitely return due to importance, though his moveset will most likely be redone completely.

Despite Lucas, I can't see them cutting out a character like Ness. I think Ness and Lucas will be semi-clones.

Jigglypuff, Luigi, and Captain Falcon will return, without a doubt.

Mewtwo has a high chance of returning, though I hope they improve his moveset.

Marth also has a high chance of returning since he's the original Fire Emblem hero and he has a new game coming out.

I'm not sure what to think about Mr. Game & Watch. He may return due to being Nintendo's first video game character.

Sheik is a toughy. She may not come back due to Zelda being in her Twilight Princess design, but then again, her Ocarina of Time outfit is also selectable. Sheik might be given a new original design to blend more with the new Zelda, or who knows, Sheik might be an entirely separate character.
Welcome to the club of people that know what's going on...
That looks like one of my posts
Lets pretend I posted that too cause that's basically it ;)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Roy shouldn't leave, I mean we have Ike, Lyn as an AT, and probably Marth and they ALL have blue hair we need some Red hair FE reps.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
captain falcon is a for sure comeback due to its sign already been shown, thanks to samurai goroh. jigglypuff, i'm hoping to return. Young link will defiently come back at WW link, ganondorf, heck yes he will come back. Mr. GandW better come back. Roy and Marth would be great to come back. Shiek im not so sure about, he was too ownage in the last game and i dont know one person that didnt kick my butt with him. Luigi should come back with the poltergeist 3000. falco should come back with a different move set. Pichu. sorry but it looks like my ****** mouse isnt coming back. Dr. mario, hats off to you for an awesome win on giga bowser for me, but youre kind of gone. Mewtwo is a beast and better come back.

I feel like i forgot some one....

Right i fogot Ness, (Kick my self in the butt) The little dude should come back but maybe a little taller since its been almost 7 years since you were in Melee. maybe thats why they are taking so long. they are thinking of ways to make him look older. WHo knows.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Dyce, we've debated this since I joined, and NOW you agree with me?
Actually, I was poking fun at how pointless your thoughtprocess was for wanting Roy back because he has red hair.

EDIT:
No offense, though.

one thing for sure Roy,Marth and Sheik will return
Marth? Definitely.
Sheik? Maybe possibly (hopefully).
Roy? Probably not.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
one thing for sure Roy,Marth and Sheik will return
Roy? As awesome as he is, im not sure he is 100% for sure in.

Doc totally isnt...but I really want him to come back.

P.S.
DUDES!!! The Nintendo World Store in New York is awesome!!!!!
They have an Interactive Mario! You ask it questions....and it Talks back! Pretty well, too.
Its all blue and full of awesome. Its Like a Free Nintendo arcade with Wii's and a DS bar.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

P.S.
They have an Interactive Mario! You ask it questions....and it Talks back! Pretty well, too.
Its all blue and full of awesome. Its Like a Free Nintendo arcade with Wii's and a DS bar.

I am filled with jealousy right now. :mad:

xD

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord

P.S.

any thing about brawl?

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
**** you all and your financial capacity to travel. :mad:

EDIT: SeigK stop reading now, this one's a long one.

On a more serious note, I'm somewhat surprised at how little discussion there has been about Sakurai's last post on the Dojo. It could affect how we think about who's coming back and who isn't.

Specifically, I'm talking about the last six paragraphs (or so) of his post, where he talks about unlockable characters. Initially, he mostly focuses on how he hasn't put any measures in place to hide unlockable characters when playing online, but then he says two important things;

1. "So, this time I'm moving in a direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."
2. "You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl."

The first statement is a bit ambiguous and could be nothing. He could just mean that he's not getting hung up on us finding out about hidden characters. However, I don't think so. I mean, finding out about hidden characters through online play is only an issue after the game is released, right? Well, with Melee, as soon as the game was out, he imediately started releasing info on the hidden characters and how to unlock them. So, why would he be worried about us finding out about something he was already going to tell us?

I think what he means is that this time around, the unlockable characters aren't necessarily hidden. That is, we've all assumed that all of the characters we've seen so far are starters, right? But we've also seen that the only two characters we start out with in SE are Mario and Kirby. So we know that no one else is a starter for SE, but we've all assumed that everyone else is a starter for Multiplayer, based on the size of the starting Melee roster. However if, as Sakurai implies, almost all unlockable characters are unlocked through SE, it implies that one of two things is true; you have to unlock all hidden characters twice in SE (once to use them in SE like the starters, and once to use them in multiplayer), OR each character has to be unlocked only once (for both SE and multiplayer). If the latter is true, then it's very likely that everyone we've seen besides Mario and Kirby are unlockables.

This seems even more likely given that Sakurai says "You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: Subspace Emissary." Notice he doesn't say most hidden characters. Also notice that he doesn't say by clearing it, he says by playing it.

Now of course, there is always the issue of translation error and miscommunication, but I've been suspecting this for quite some time (dyce, roy_owns and dynamism might remember my rantings from a previous thread), and I think it at least warrants discussion.

So, what does everyone think?

EDIT1: Also, new font. Good? Bad? I'm trying to make my posts look less gigantic.

EDIT2: Well so much for the new font, I guess I'm going default today...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
(big ol' rant)
I posted this in another thread:

Here's my take on it:

Sakurai said we'd be unlocking most characters through SsE (which is exactly what I had predicted). So once we're done with SsE, which evidently lasts about 10 hours according to SamuraiPanda, so I think by the end of SsE we'll have about 90% of the complete roster.

I think the remaining 2 or 3 characters will be found in relatively simple areas of the game, like Break The Targets and Multi-Man Brawl.

I don't think he's going to make finding and unlocking characters a hastle like he did in Melee. I feel he wants us to enjoy as much of the actual gameplay as we can without getting hung up on a "duty" to unlock all characters and get bored of the "work", and consequently get bored of the game by proxy.

Lot's of people are coming back.

Marth's voice actor was confirmed (as well as Ganondorf's).
Where were these confirmed? Don't tell me IMDB.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The first statement is a bit ambiguous and could be nothing. He could just mean that he's not getting hung up on us finding out about hidden characters. However, I don't think so. I mean, finding out about hidden characters through online play is only an issue after the game is released, right? Well, with Melee, as soon as the game was out, he imediately started releasing info on the hidden characters and how to unlock them. So, why would he be worried about us finding out about something he was already going to tell us?
Another way to interpret "hung up" would be, like, a stopping point. He was "hung up" on them for the last game 'cause he stopped right when he got to them...which happened to be when the game released so he just kept going. All of the unlockables were leaked before SSBM came out through an advance copy or a strategy guide or whatever so there's an extremely high chance--since this information's in such high demand--that we'll know the entire roster by Jan. 24th through whatever source. With all of the extra time they've given themselves (well...update time, at least), I took the last part of Friday's post as their wanting to be said source for said characters.

This seems even more likely given that Sakurai says "You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: Subspace Emissary." Notice he doesn't say most hidden characters. Also notice that he doesn't say by clearing it, he says by playing it.

Now of course, there is always the issue of translation error and miscommunication, but I've been suspecting this for quite some time (dyce, roy_owns and dynamism might remember my rantings from a previous thread), and I think it at least warrants discussion.

Given the context, they could mean that any character you have to earn is earned through SE. I also think you can unlock things as you progress since the co-op showed you can select the level, character, and difficulty, I'm sure it'll be something to do with those instead of just clearing the whole thing.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i knew that luigi was going to be returning for brawl, but i just wanted to let everyone that wasnt sure know that he was .i have complete faith in sakurai >;D

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
**** you all and your financial capacity to travel. :mad:

On a more serious note, I'm somewhat surprised at how little discussion there has been about Sakurai's last post on the Dojo. It could affect how we think about who's coming back and who isn't.

Specifically, I'm talking about the last six paragraphs (or so) of his post, where he talks about unlockable characters. Initially, he mostly focuses on how he hasn't put any measures in place to hide unlockable characters when playing online, but then he says two important things;

1. "So, this time I'm moving in a direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters."
2. "You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl."

I think what he means is that this time around, the unlockable characters aren't necessarily hidden. That is, we've all assumed that all of the characters we've seen so far are starters, right? But we've also seen that the only two characters we start out with in SE are Mario and Kirby. So we know that no one else is a starter for SE, but we've all assumed that everyone else is a starter for Multiplayer, based on the size of the starting Melee roster. However if, as Sakurai implies, almost all unlockable characters are unlocked through SE, it implies that one of two things is true; you have to unlock all hidden characters twice in SE (once to use them in SE like the starters, and once to use them in multiplayer), OR each character has to be unlocked only once (for both SE and multiplayer). If the latter is true, then it's very likely that everyone we've seen besides Mario and Kirby are unlockables.

EDIT1: Also, new font. Good? Bad? I'm trying to make my posts look less gigantic.

EDIT2: Well so much for the new font, I guess I'm going default today...

Verrrryy verrrry interesting! That would be WACK if that was true but it might actually happen. I wouldn't really mind it that much. It would just kinda force you to play the totally awesome adventure mode to get some of your "not actual starters" and then go do whatever you want. I guess. Its kinda confusing to think about, actually. :urg: But we'll just have to wait and see what happens! :)

If you needed to hear that Luigi was in Brawl from this guy then...

I find your lack faith (in Sakurai) disturbing.
Indeed. Luigi not being in Smash Bros. is like......is like.....well....I dunno. :p

Nosebleed101

Smash Rookie
No more Young Link.

Bring back Roy.

The potentially same characters in two different forms annoys me.

Dr. Mario is Mario
Young Link is Link
Pichu is Pikachu.

Or actually, if movesets were changed, I wouldn't mind everyone returning.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
You have no soul!! :(

*hangs himself*
I Win!

any thing about brawl?
No. And it Made me Sad. Now you make me Sad for reminding me. *Dies*

WTF are you doing in New York?

You should swing on over the river to Jersey. I'll smash the crap out of you. :chuckle:
G*d Dammit! (I was in Jersey, some airport in Jersey... for about 20 min.)

I read the Whole thing Dammit! Win!

Lot's of people are coming back.
Luigi is for sure. Watch this video at 1:27 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8W19ljhK7E
Seen It.
Thanks. But if you ever send me an UltraNeko video again, I Kill you!
Sheik and Ganondorf are in the game, not sure if they're characters. http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm
Heard about it. Now saw it.
Marth's voice actor was confirmed (as well as Ganondorf's).
kthxbye

absolute proof that luigi is returning for brawl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-8W19ljhK7E
Already Posted.

If you needed to hear that Luigi was in Brawl from this guy then...

I find your lack faith (in Sakurai) disturbing.
YEAH!!!!

i knew that luigi was going to be returning for brawl, but i just wanted to let everyone that wasnt sure know that he was .i have complete faith in sakurai >;D
Lies.

No more Young Link.
The potentially same characters in two different forms annoys me.

Dr. Mario is Mario
Go Die.

Like AIDS? That's what I think of when I think of a Luigi-less Smash.
AGREED!

Multiple One-Liners FTW!

Top Bottom