• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

`dazrin

Smash Champion
There's going to be 3 tournaments this coming weekend for MitH4, all of which will be streamed. Melee/Brawl on the 21st and P:M on the 22nd. There's expected to be quite a few entrants because of all the new players in addition to the fact that some brawl players are entering melee and both brawl and melee players will be entering P:M as well.

It's gonna be pretty hype, and even more so if WA decides to make it up here :p

MasterC

Smash Ace
i am, but my car only seats 2 ppl including myself LOL if someone with a larger car wants to let me use it or if someone else wants to drive their own car i am so there

but then, we would need housing asap (last time we had to sneak into a hotel that toph paid for...?) so idk how likely everything is to come together :/

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm pretty much done with this game for a little while

I'll be on the boards and stuff, and I might show up to gameclucks, but don't expect me much. Life slapped me in the face a little, priorities and such. As much as I enjoy the game, I don't have time, patience, or enthusiasm to play. It might not be until I'm back in school that I'll return to playing, and by then I will only be free weekends.

Not that many people care, but just letting everyone know I guess.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
i am, but my car only seats 2 ppl including myself LOL if someone with a larger car wants to let me use it or if someone else wants to drive their own car i am so there

but then, we would need housing asap (last time we had to sneak into a hotel that toph paid for...?) so idk how likely everything is to come together :/
Damn, Meta would've housed you guys no problem but he's in Europe at the moment :/

You should post in the BC thread and ask for housing and I'm sure someone would be more than happy to house you guys. I'd do it, but my apartment is super small and I just moved in not too long ago so it's still in chaos lol

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I can house like...4 people (4 couches)
There are a few things to consider though
1. Can't get rowdy
unfortunately I do live in a home with more than 7 people
2. It's not the closest place
If you guys have ever been to evans (meta's) place then it's about a 5 min drive from there
3. I can't feed you
:<

uhh other than that yeah I could house 4 of you guys (maybe more if some **** is arranged on my end)

do it you guys lol

also would you guys want to leave the day after or the night of the tournament?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
There's a P:M tournament on the 22nd (day after melee) so I recommend sticking around and leaving on the 22nd after P:M finishes if you're interested in getting in on the money for that.
There's expected to be quite a decent number of entrants for P:M since both the melee and brawl communities will be participating, so it'll be like a joint tournament of both melee and brawl players.

So yeah if you're interested, stick around awhile longer :)

Oreodude

Smash Cadet
starting to really love FD
FD combos and approaches are basic with room for mind games
combos rarely breakup
easier to edge guard cuz there are no platforms
honestly stoked to straight body peeps on FD xD

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
FD is definitely the noob map in that the worse player can have a better chance to win (because of how easy it is to combo there)

but I love FD because many non-spacies expect free wins vs. spacies there and most spacies aren't good at the neutral game on that level

thanks captain FD.

im starting to like FD more. i just meant all the reasons he gave were some noob ****. wanting less depth, str8 dissin the plats.

Oreodude

Smash Cadet
Dont get me wrong. Platforms r tha ****. FD is still one of my least favorite stages next to FoD, im just now starting to realize how easy it is to **** on fd tho. Kinda blew my mind for a sec

Besides that fd is hella gay. if it werent for platforms I wouldnt play the game lol

:phone:

Top Bottom