• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Eggz

Smash Hero
me and gage dragon are listening to g-dragon and top and cleaning my room
who wants to come party
aka watch us play LoL
also i won enough money to pay back busy, buy my passport and have $20 leftover which can go to either ciz vish or otto

WHO WANTS IT

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
you really think its that filthy or was that just cuz of the 10 char min
LMAO you know me too well. it was:

45% 10 char min... cuz lets face it. "fiillltyyy" is better than "filthy. 10filthies" or whatever
30% fiiiiltyyy cuz its pretty filthy
25% i would rather say "fillltyyy" than "filthy" cuz of my ******** sense of humor LOL, from when i used to make fun of the tukwila azns for being like "fiiiltyyy" all the time.

MasterC

Smash Ace
^LOL, btw to ALL... smashfest at my place this friday (March 4th) starting around 4pm
5037 16th ave ne
253 359 6653

ALL ARE WELCOME, might be food but doubtful and if there is food it's prob just gonna be cheap hotdogs or some ish, so bring $$ for GC the next day or transportation/food/booze/*****s/etc...

Jem.

Smash Master
started playin mvc3, its a lot more fun than it looked at first glance. zero filthy
Word, I run Zero Storm Sentinel right now. Sentinel drone assist work so well for zero combos and teleport shenanigans to try and catch them blocking the wrong way (no matter what you block the point character even if an assist is hitting your back)

only part that sucks is Zero's hp is kinda ugly, so one good combo and he's pretty much done. he has good "teleport" tricks though I'll call them, and cancelling his aerial dashes and dashing back and forth do keep people in check.

btw if you ever want to ease into mvc3 theres pretty much a smasher tier list of who to play in order in WA

(best to worst, left to right)

Zerostar, Gimpy, Boj, Jem, Vista, Itakio

all have xbox live. zerostar is by far the best haha boy has met justin wong. (cause just meeting justin wong levels you up incase anyone tries to poke fun at that) im sure he played him too

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Didn't realize so many of you had it for the 360 o_0, how many of you have sticks for it?
And yeah i got it for the ps3 if anyone wants to hit me up on that. (Mvc3 that is).

C!Z

Smash Lord
Lol don't spend that money Shane. I mean I know you'll be tempted to blow it on you and your new girlfriend, but you should refrain from such things. Also, believe it or not I miss you on LoL.. :3

is it pretty much mandatory to use sentinal? I use zero, the wolf and wolverine but I might drop wolverine for sentinal. I was watchin that stream and sentinal was givin them the business. I got xbl too. Add me, ActiveArtwork.

MasterC

Smash Ace
dawg, sentinel ***** lol i play him when i'm losing HARDCORE or i just wanna RAAAAAAAAAAPE haha

but i don't think he's mandatory, just bait his launch and move in... his projectiles and assists are *****es to get past tho :/

i got it for ps3 too syler so ima hit you up for that s/n but i got a dual modded stick so i'll bring it to GC and we can get down nex time xD hopefully there's not too much of a diff

if zero had better HP and assists tho he'd be top tier FOR SURE, combos are dope and speed/range is HELLA good IMO

EDIT: he might actually be top-tier at this point lol dunno the tiers but i'm sure it'll be kinetic for a MINUTE

Jem.

Smash Master
Sentinel isn't mandatory, he is one of the easiest characters to play though and dishes out super good damage, and has a good assist. people can beat him though but it's harder than most characters especially if you're aggressive. he also has a few super armor frames on his launcher so thats why its tough right now too. the cool part is the games so new that a lot of characters are viable, and every character can combo. but you want an assist that can either get someone putting pressure on you of you, and/or an assist that can help you combo (like weskers gun shot at the ground assist, pops them off the ground)

ill add you on xbl and we'll play soon

MasterC

Smash Ace
the cool part is the games so new that a lot of characters are viable, and every character can combo.
agreed haha i haven't found a solid team yet but zero is def in there and alot of the characters do feel viable...

Jem: are you on the SRK boards? i've been thinkin about makin n account just to keep up with the advance techs n whatnot but i haven't yet just cuz i've never used it before

Jem.

Smash Master
agreed haha i haven't found a solid team yet but zero is def in there and alot of the characters do feel viable...

Jem: are you on the SRK boards? i've been thinkin about makin n account just to keep up with the advance techs n whatnot but i haven't yet just cuz i've never used it before
I have an account there, i dont go there very often though. i doubt ill ever go to a mvc3 tourney unless its just a GC or something. mvc3 is super fun but brawl and halo are my priority haha

Syler

Smash Journeyman
SRK Boards is short for http://shoryuken.com/ you probably already know about this though, just didn't know that was the shorten version of it. And if you don't, it's the SF community's version of swf, cept it goes into anything capcom related.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
my copy hasn't come in yet so i don't have a team >_>;

otto lets get down on that **** when i move in with you hahah

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Oooh Spiderman Otto?
I thought I was the only one.
We gotta spider ditto soon bro,

Whatchu know about Spider Sting -> Spider Bite -> Maximum Spider?!!!

I usually just play characters I like,
so I'm running Spiderman, Wolverine/Felicia, Ironman

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
hey can someone tell me where i can buy a new official controller at? all i can find is this aftermarket **** i bought one sucks

cant remember exactly, i just remember not ever wanting to use one for some reason. if i saw one id prob know why. i might be trippin tho.

i said that before i tried it. after i tried it i didnt like it. not sayin i didnt like cuz its the white kind tho.

i think it just didnt like the way the plain white ones felt. and i think the joystick was extra crappy. maybe i havent felt a new one in too long tho

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
cant remember exactly, i just remember not ever wanting to use one for some reason. if i saw one id prob know why. i might be trippin tho.
they're weak because the sticks are generally really tight (in the literal sense - they're very "snappy" and rigid). white controllers are the only controller that are different in terms of hardware from the rest of the controllers, and I, too, hate them. they always give me turnaround laser problems from how the sticks "snap".

That said obviously some people are gonna like em; controllers are largely personal preference, but I really hate them haha.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
I'm assuming since you ignored my request to spidey ditto, that you concede the title of best Spiderman in WA.
Wise move Otto.

Charles, Do you have MvC3 at your place? I wanna get some in on Friday if people are down. :3

ADAM,
I'm getting to it. My home internet sucks, so I go on campus to upload. :3 Plus I'm uploading in order. I'm on R3 Pools, so after that I'll upload whatever bracket matches I have and then Money Matches.
It'll go up eventually, like within this week probably. :3

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
C!Zs controller is coo. I like mine better....but I really enjoyed how responsive his felt. Like with Marth it felt like you could just flow, Kizzu style.

All the controller versions are different, not just the white ones, but those vary the most. The white ones have a ball bearing stick and box and it snaps on vs sauntered. But the original controllers wont line up with some of the newer models. The shell of diff controllers vers. are actually shaped and sized a lil bit differently and there are some differences around the triggers, mainly just placement.

A long time ago I had to purple controllers That I never could snap together, its cuz they were different, it was back at the KA master tourney at shanes...my trigger was broken so I had rohins switch the back out to platinum.

Top Bottom