• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
MastaC, dont trip about the Gunbound thing. Just try after it updates patches or something. I couldnt finish tutorial 5 for a couple days. It will pass, works just fine on my official registered bootleg copy of windows 7.

@Teddy, C!Z, Otto-it was hella tight smashing, we gotta do fests like that more often :)

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Seriously I did a sick *** double bunge oww owwww
and ****in' GB is like NAH.
Everyone was dead except me and the game glitched out and gave me turns and respawned the dude.
I was literally shooting at nothing for two turns.

Kline's wolf has the best SS shots. hahahah.

Eggz

Smash Hero
gunbound gets really boring after like 2 days and i hate you all for not listening to me and C!Z about LoL

y'all tryna hit up some ftilt this weekend?

also were probably goin to a rave or two this weekend, you guys should jump in
This is the only one I've looked at so far. Electro/house/dubstep mostly probably, but we're just goin to get ****edup
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135082799880182

Heres some other raves you should hit up with me :3

(Going cuz Evol Intent is ****ing berserk)
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191864090823909

(Going cuz Nu Foundation/Rhythmics are the homies)
This one EVERYONE should go to. Its mostly hardcore :] I'm about to get us drunk with the international DJs, and I'm gonna host a tournament on the day before so we can all roll out to it together drunk.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180468561987838

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's not too late for LoL(lookin at you Bisno, I could give a **** bout these other fools lol), I got what you need to know.

You're actually gonna commit to one of those, Shane? We've been talkin about goin for a while now =\

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty committed on Another Bounce since a few international/oos homies are gonna be there

the Evol Intent one sounds really fun too cuz evol intent is o39ut2w4it3uie and its red/black/anti valentine themed AKA hella ****s

so yeah, im committed

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i played dota. it's not that fun to me lol. the RTS genre is waaay tighter to me than dota-style stuff

nobody's "not listening" lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
no they aren't - the lack of resource and unit micromanagement makes dota etc. much more similar to an MMO PVP-type experience than a true RTS such as starcraft or c&c

regardless, you know what I meant. there's a huge difference between dota and ladder-style wc3, so all you're really doing is picking at my semantics.

anyway, if you'd like, you can classify dota etc. as "real-time tactics" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_tactics - "It is differentiated from real-time strategy gameplay by the lack of resource micromanagement and base or unit building, as well as the greater importance of individual units[1][2] and a focus on complex battlefield tactics.") but, again, I don't think the naming scheme is something worth arguing about...

the point is, that style of gameplay just isn't exciting to me at all. in my mind, the main thing that dota, lol, hon have over RTS is the emphasis in cooperation with your allies, which is fun, but the strategy involved in genres like RTS is more appealing to me; that's all

C!Z

Smash Lord
I read like the first part lol. I've never played or seen any of that other stuff you're talkin about. I'll just take your word for it.

MasterC

Smash Ace
c!z you're incredibly sheltered for a man who's name is c!z

:p

he's basically saying that LoL, HoN, Dota, etc... all are better bc you work as a team and worse bc you don't build your force from tiny lil units such as miners, pawns, rooks, queens, etc...

idk ne thing about sc so i can't use actual names of the units but you get the pic, there's ONE char in LoL that you control vs in sc you hafta micromanage your sh*t by starting with miners who make money and then with the money you make you purchase diff classes of units

i think in LoL and HoN etc you just get exp which you spend on skills, no? that's y LoD rules cuz you can actually use your char over and over rather than having to build and build AND BUILD over and over again, i'd get bored real quik lol like didn't i already do this? just sayin :p

C!Z

Smash Lord
You farm minions in LoL for XP and gold for which you buy items with. So the filthier you are at farming the better items you have. You also get gold from killing other champs so ganks n **** are where it's at. Idk too much to explain. It's really fun though, especially when you got homies that are good too. But I've been stuck playin with Nerd lately LOL.

Smile

Smash Apprentice
Unless you're worthless ****ing champion like Tristana.

Then you do ok in mid early-mid then are entirely useless the entire rest of the game.

**** me for giving champions second chances.

Jem.

Smash Master
I only hate dota because it killed WC3 ladder :(. Okay, that's not the only reason. I'm just not a dota playstyle kinda dudeski and miss when WC3 was known for ladder.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you guys just post ur tags, so you can play with/against each other? (talking about lol)

And yeah i agree with toph, i don't really consider LoL a real or traditional rts. It's more like a hero rts, with not as much micro needed as wc3. Sc2 was a economy macromanagement rts, with heavy micro in it as well. And C&C is the same, but more noob friendly cuz it pretty much was a spam game, but more fun imo, at least for teams.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Kline you should let Otto or Shane upload it if you're gonna record it.

More subs, you know you know. :D
when Andy uploaded the last GC's stuff they only got like a 100 views each. Even grand finals. =(
I'm not complaining though since my sets were meh haha. :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Prob not. If I take the time to cut em and record em etc Ill prob upload em.

Shane's channel[his new one] has approx 0 could be a few more. Otto has hella tho, technical ******* lol.

I dont actually have a problem with somebody else uploading them, but Im not going out of my way to make that happen. So if somebody wants the matches they can bring an eternal or something and transfer the files, A 3 minute match is approx 90-100 MB I think. I also dont want them to sit on my computer forever until somebody wants to get them, they take up alot of space.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ill pay for your entry tomorrow Otto since I owe u dollaz
uhhh idk. i was just gonna use the one u bring
tell vish or andy to bring one. andy has a good 1 he usually brings, I lost my other one.

uhh plus ima b recording tourney sets and my m2 friendlies to get combos on my computer. I dont wanna go thru hella footage if i dont have 2.

MasterC

Smash Ace
i'm tryna have a fest sometime soon (before some of yall bounce to pound n ish) but when is good for everyone? i'd like to get the south to come ideally but i kno how sh*t goes,,,

i'm thinkin this thurs/fri (feb 10th or 11th) or nex thurs/fri (feb 17th/18th) but i think the latter is when ya'll are leaving so idk if that'll work :(

we could do saturdays too but it'd hafta start early and end early (like by 6 or 7pm) so i could go party/visit fam in tacoma, etc...

anyone/everyone is welcome and no $$$ is needed unless we're doing liquor/beer/food runs and ppl can stay the night, prob do some crews and teams if ppl are down but otherwise just hella practice/funsies/mm's, i live in U-dist for those that don't know and everyone should vote/put in input now!!

Top Bottom