• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

C!Z

Smash Lord
And lolz at comparing fighting to fps' that aren't in any type of popularity league. Quit tryin to put your two cents in just cuz you mad.

cha

Smash Cadet
Hope im not going off topic here, but does anyone want to smash ?!?!?!?!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Smashfest at our apartment this friday. We're gonna start making these smashfests biweekly. Me and toph decided that it was kind of an obligation to host something every friday, and even when we did we didn't have big turnouts since people were busy doing other things. Hosting a biweekly is not that big of an obligation, and this way we can hopefully get them bigger so we can do things like draft crews.

Either me or toph will make an official UW biweekly thread later this week.

EDIT: Shane, team 'Amigos Forever' tied for 9th at pat's house. LOOLLL

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
we did.

Otto-how do you instant wall jump from the ledge with fox?

and when you turn around waveshine does it count if you waveshine then turn around and then waveshine backwards or do you have to turn around during the shine?

instant wall jump on fd is like this. sweet spot the ledge with your second jump while making sure you dont start your jump against the wall but making sure you do end up against the wall immediately before you grab the ledge. on kongo jungle, (with the rock) you can do it no matter what on the right side of the rock.

no that doesnt count. its a lot easier if you dont press all the way to the side when you turn around, just move the control stick to one of the diagonal grooves accordingly. also, make sure you turn around as soon as you shine, and make sure you turn around all the way before you jump out of the shine, otherwise youll do nothing but turn around, which i see a lot when people mess this up. practice doing it slower first, but not slow enough to the point where youve waited so long to jump out of your shine that you have to go from b to y a lot faster (before the shine wears off)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
shane: can't turnaround waveshine, brings brawl ******s to my house, but is tight anyway, come over on friday

ciz: turned into a dumb troll

otto: come to my house friday for melee! get that naruto **** outta here though. my apartment is real man fighting games only

Edit some of my friends from hawaii/UW are learning tekken 6 though, I kinda wanna try it out

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ok otto thanks. ill give that a try.

for the walljump tho, I sweetspot the ledge on the second jump and touch the wall just b4 I grab.

then do I just smash away like I was wall jumping?

C!Z

Smash Lord
I only troll the simple minded. It's just funny to hear people worse than you at a game talk **** about another one they're not good at.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah you got me
popularity truly is the best test of skill
which is why brawl is infinitely better than melee

ill bring nerd so we can gang beat him
is friday a tournament or friendlies?

kline, resend me that profile shouter later and ill give it a look
im kind of tired right now

C!Z

Smash Lord
Uhhh they're totally different games and you wouldn't know how much skill they take anyways. Not to mention MLG still sponsors those games to this date. So quit tryin to argue for whatever dumb reason you're bein gay.

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest at our apartment this friday. We're gonna start making these smashfests biweekly. Me and toph decided that it was kind of an obligation to host something every friday, and even when we did we didn't have big turnouts since people were busy doing other things. Hosting a biweekly is not that big of an obligation, and this way we can hopefully get them bigger so we can do things like draft crews.

Either me or toph will make an official UW biweekly thread later this week.

EDIT: Shane, team 'Amigos Forever' tied for 9th at pat's house. LOOLLL
EDIT: Meant for the UW Friday Biweeklies thread.

Who plans on going tomorrow for sure ?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah you got me
popularity truly is the best test of skill
which is why brawl is infinitely better than melee

ill bring nerd so we can gang beat him
is friday a tournament or friendlies?

kline, resend me that profile shouter later and ill give it a look
im kind of tired right now
Its more of a smashfest but I want to do a 16-man bracket for funsies. I think we'll have enough people. And maybe draft crews or something. idk we have a lot of time, but yeah the main focus is it's a smashfest. I just wanna get everyone together!

Zeru you should definitely come.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Man I get tired at like 10 now
its so tight sleeping at dark and being awake when everyone else is instead of having to be a (really good) ninja
horay for waking up at 530am

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
for real lmao

having a normal sleep schedule is actually ****ing ****

didn't realize this until I started college and was like, whoa, if I sleep at normal hours, I can function normally... tiiiiight

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Man I get tired at like 10 now
its so tight sleeping at dark and being awake when everyone else is instead of having to be a (really good) ninja
horay for waking up at 530am
I know what you mean. I havent been waking up between the hours of 3-6 pm and staying up all night

Memo--

Smash Rookie
Hey, I don't really ever go to the boards, so if I'm not in the right thread for this just tell me.

I just moved to Washington from Canada, and I need some people to practice against. The Seattle Smash site or whatever doesn't seem to be up and I couldn't find anywhere else to go, so yeah.

I'm living right between Olympia and Lacey right now, and I can travel. Just need some decent people to play against for a few months and was wondering if you guys knew anyone close.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hey, I don't really ever go to the boards, so if I'm not in the right thread for this just tell me.

I just moved to Washington from Canada, and I need some people to practice against. The Seattle Smash site or whatever doesn't seem to be up and I couldn't find anywhere else to go, so yeah.

I'm living right between Olympia and Lacey right now, and I can travel. Just need some decent people to play against for a few months and was wondering if you guys knew anyone close.
Oh my GOD the creator of Memo's has finally returned to Washington. It is a glorious day. Let us celebrate with Super Nachos.

I forget who all lives down south, Kline will tell you I'm sure. But come to my biweeklies 2 fridays from now to meet people. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255835

And do you have a car?

Top Bottom