• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Smash Apprentice
Capture card? Elaborate good sir

:phone:
http://goo.gl/DQyNL

This is what I use, the quality can range from good to bad, depending on the computer used/how taxed the processes are at the time.

I have an option to increase or decrease the amount of system memory the recorder can use at the time of recording.

Here's examples of the two.

Default Quality: http://goo.gl/NAhOZ

****ty Quality: http://goo.gl/NAhOZ, http://goo.gl/89Ze7

Anyway, I picked up the dazzle from best buy about a year ago and all it requires is a y-splitter*, like the other guys were saying. It's something like $40 or $50 in a storefront and if you're into keeping a sort of journal of your playing for posterity sake, then this is an investment! :)

* You of course don't need the y-splitter if you're going to play the game through your computer, but I'm almost 100% certain that any current computer will lag through this method. So, get the y-splitter.

MasterC

Smash Ace
Yea vish said something about the dazzle, I'll peep it ty

Is there a link to that bc tourney tho?

yea i read online and other ppls dazzle broke after a bit too.

i bought this pinnacle program that has this thing (might be a capture card, idk) that connects the 3 colors to your computer. its pretty good for getting **** on my comp, but i dont really like the program. check it out tho

MasterC

Smash Ace
Yup yup, goodlooks... think I'll try n have one before the last fest at my place xD

Fest at my place tomorrow btw, come ne time after 6pm... stay till whenever :D

253 359 6653
5037 16th ave ne
Seattle, wa 98105

EDIT: come after 7 pm sorry!!!

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
So who is coming to the tourney on the 27th? I'm so excited to see you guys <3

also i'm for sure going to gc on the 3rd, I need housing! Someone house me please...:<

hypedhypedhyped

me, dj combo, vish and t-iceman are comin.

i can house you. what day are you coming down, friday? i live just outside of seattle

ThePrime

Smash Lord
nice yakal! Yeah... wont see you on the 27th but it's def been a while since anyone from BC came down for a gc. I'll see you on the 3rd! Get Adam down here too!

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Yeah mine broke, but I pulled some greeze and ordered one online and returned my broken one. oww owww!! I just didn't treat it gently enough though. Its just hella fragile, but if treated well is pretty ****ing sweet.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
tight about adam, and tight about dazzle.

wat were they running in $ vish? also nice greez loooool.

edit: and whats the storage like and how big a file is an hour of video? ...file format?

Frozener

Smash Rookie
Yup yup, goodlooks... think I'll try n have one before the last fest at my place xD

Fest at my place tomorrow btw, come ne time after 6pm... stay till whenever :D

253 359 6653
5037 16th ave ne
Seattle, wa 98105

EDIT: come after 7 pm sorry!!!

Damn I live only a few blocks away from there. Too bad I missed it.

Also, hey everybody. I'd just like to introduce myself. I live in the UW area and I'm interested in improving at Melee.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Frozener, I'll be living in the U-District in a month's time. You should add me on Facebook and I'll invite you over. I'm Kris Aldenderfer :D

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
omfg you guys, our state is going to be so sick for a minute.
we got otto, shane, dj *ing combo, teddy "needle *" bladewise, my main sword cizzypoo, the beast from Japan Mr. Toph, and that lovable fit attractive Indian falcon Vish!

daaaaammmnnn

and then we got some who could pull some upsets,
The second best looking Indian in WA, Andy Singh?! Maybe T-iceman pulling off a set or two? (My guess is Shane continuing the pattern he's on. ooooh oh no he didn't! pew pew pew!) The best brawl has to offer DMAC? The boy who never stops smoking, BEN?!

HOLY

and yeah!

(I'm not forgetting anyone am I?) you kline LOL

Last edited:

MasterC

Smash Ace
smash at my place tomorrow after 6pm again, bring cubes and melee

no smoking until 8pm or thereabouts... ppl who wanna form a second car pool to canada this weekend should also come to talk about logistics :D

5037 16th ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105

EDIT: all are welcome/encouraged to come!!

Smash Apprentice
Damn I live only a few blocks away from there. Too bad I missed it.

Also, hey everybody. I'd just like to introduce myself. I live in the UW area and I'm interested in improving at Melee.

I live in Kirkland but...

My house is open during the week if you ever wanna play, it usually has to be after 6 or so but I'm usually up to play everyday (704)898-4159

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
could someone possibly spot me for food/entry? These tickets are mad expensive lmao

also otto, what city do you live in?

aaaaaand yeah how do I get there from whatever station lol

Top Bottom