• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official trash talk at pound2 thread.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
yea real funny, until they hit him back....
They would not get the chance son, M2K is too smart and knows where to strike to inflict the most damage, one good sweet spot to the balls from him w/ his fist and its a JV 5 stock.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Trash talk about HOW they are playing is typically legit, but you can tell who just isn't the better player by who has to rely on getting the other player to get sloppy because of personal attacks. Easy as that. If you're good enough you don't need to talk s**t about someone, and it really speaks to your character if you need it to win.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Comparing the NBA to Smash is fair. But perhaps the best comparison is Smash to basketball. A lot of people WANT smash to be recognized as an e-sport of some kind and trash talk is just a part of the culture. People trash talk in games all the time, from Football to chess. The scale is different on a professional level as you see less trash talk in sports like golf or tennis, and a lot more in basketball and football.

Some people are just fine with smash as a fun little game they play with their friends everyone in a while, but a lot of people want this game to be more than that. They want the game to be mainstream, to be more competitive and if possible play this game for a living like Forward. Trash talk is trash talk whether personal or about the opponent's game in general. Of course you can take it to the extremes where you bring in a person's family, (Ken MLG NY) but even then, depending on the sport it is fair game. In the case of Smash it was not acceptable, it was against the rules and I'll accept that.

So far, I've only seen one account where Forward made a personal attack. He called M2K pale and said he needs to go back to the basement or something to that effect. Wow... that's so hurtful. I could easily say you're the mean ones for thinking that being pale is a bad thing with your stupid social perceptions on deviant and undesirable physical attributes. Anyone questioning Forward's character should know that he still apologized to M2K for that comment. Everything else, it was all in fun and I don't recall being that bad.

Check yo frames, son.

Forward doesn't need trash talking to win, obviously since this isn't about him winning, he was trash talking during Chu and M2K's matches. Obviously Forward's actions were what made that match as fun as it was. If everyone had to be silent the whole time and golf clap in between stocks, then half of the people there would've went back to playing friendlies. Forward made the finals more entertaining, and that is always the next step to getting a video game to become more popular and worth watching.

Forward doesn't even need my defense cuz he's tough enough to dish and take it. If someone is trash talking about your game, then that's what he's doing. He's calling you out on your game to mess with you, and you're getting bothered. It's working, so he's going to keep going. If you don't like it, silence him with you wit or silence him with your skill. At the end of the match there isn't anything left to say.

I thought you guys could handle DA. Props to Forward for being himself, saying what he wants and making the tournament fun. **** you guys calling Forward a douche, it has already been established that personal attacks are mean. Trash talk is vicious; you'll look for material anywhere. Trash talk is all in taste, it doesn't matter who enjoys it. The result was the same, it made a lot more supporters of ChuDat while M2K supporters stuck their thumbs in their ***** and waited til they got home to the safety of their computer.

It's all mindgames and it's all fun and games if you want it to be. Forward almost took it too far, but he didn't. It stopped at M2K's basement, he didn't continue with things like his personal life, just a reference toward his dedication and knowledge of the game. I don't know, maybe I missed something, but I really think you guys are blowing this out of proportion.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Comparing the NBA to Smash is fair. But perhaps the best comparison is Smash to basketball. A lot of people WANT smash to be recognized as an e-sport of some kind and trash talk is just a part of the culture. People trash talk in games all the time, from Football to chess. The scale is different on a professional level as you see less trash talk in sports like golf or tennis, and a lot more in basketball and football.

Some people are just fine with smash as a fun little game they play with their friends everyone in a while, but a lot of people want this game to be more than that. They want the game to be mainstream, to be more competitive and if possible play this game for a living like Forward. Trash talk is trash talk whether personal or about the opponent's game in general. Of course you can take it to the extremes where you bring in a person's family, (Ken MLG NY) but even then, depending on the sport it is fair game. In the case of Smash it was not acceptable, it was against the rules and I'll accept that.

So far, I've only seen one account where Forward made a personal attack. He called M2K pale and said he needs to go back to the basement or something to that effect. Wow... that's so hurtful. I could easily say you're the mean ones for thinking that being pale is a bad thing with your stupid social perceptions on deviant and undesirable physical attributes. Anyone questioning Forward's character should know that he still apologized to M2K for that comment. Everything else, it was all in fun and I don't recall being that bad.

Check yo frames, son.

Forward doesn't need trash talking to win, obviously since this isn't about him winning, he was trash talking during Chu and M2K's matches. Obviously Forward's actions were what made that match as fun as it was. If everyone had to be silent the whole time and golf clap in between stocks, then half of the people there would've went back to playing friendlies. Forward made the finals more entertaining, and that is always the next step to getting a video game to become more popular and worth watching.

Forward doesn't even need my defense cuz he's tough enough to dish and take it. If someone is trash talking about your game, then that's what he's doing. He's calling you out on your game to mess with you, and you're getting bothered. It's working, so he's going to keep going. If you don't like it, silence him with you wit or silence him with your skill. At the end of the match there isn't anything left to say.

I thought you guys could handle DA. Props to Forward for being himself, saying what he wants and making the tournament fun. **** you guys calling Forward a douche, it has already been established that personal attacks are mean. Trash talk is vicious; you'll look for material anywhere. Trash talk is all in taste, it doesn't matter who enjoys it. The result was the same, it made a lot more supporters of ChuDat while M2K supporters stuck their thumbs in their ***** and waited til they got home to the safety of their computer.

It's all mindgames and it's all fun and games if you want it to be. Forward almost took it too far, but he didn't. It stopped at M2K's basement, he didn't continue with things like his personal life, just a reference toward his dedication and knowledge of the game. I don't know, maybe I missed something, but I really think you guys are blowing this out of proportion.
Good post. And in my defense, I wasn't there and don't even know what exactly was said LOL. I just thought it was an interesting topic. XD

Sliq

Smash Master

Check yo frames, son.

You shouldn't be taking blame for anything.

Either Forward is sorry that what he said upset people, or he doesn't care (it would appear to be the latter). I don't care which it is, be he should know that some people don't care for slander. That's all I'm saying.

The smack talk adds to the fun, sure. Until it doesn't.

Also, as I previously stated, I am mostly concerned with what was said to Mikey Lenetia, not M2K.

Forward never came off as a jerk before, so I have to assume he isn't. Well, this certainly stirred up some interwebs drama. I need to see some livejourals up in here.

Edit: Also, it recently came to my attention that I am quoted in Forward's myspace, calling him a douchebag and a hermpahrodite, to which I reply:

lulz

That is 2222Good.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Good post. And in my defense, I wasn't there and don't even know what exactly was said LOL. I just thought it was an interesting topic. XD
Me too, my oppinion probably doesn't mean alot to anyone since I wasn't there, I just thought it was interesting that someone was actually called out. It shows that, even though trash talk happens, people realize it has its limits. From what Taj said, I doubt it went past the limit, but I can see why some people made some e-Drama out of it. People need to remember that limits are important because while we're playing, yeah he's M2K, and yeah he is Forward, but after the match anything that lingers doesn't linger with M2k or Forawrd, it sticks to the people behind the names. The games competitive so trash talk is a given, but personal attacks are a little rough. It's not something that needs to be regulated by rules, but by judgement.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
what happened with Ken at MLG NY? (not the LI event obviously)
I remember seeing a vid where ken/isai get azen trapped in a team infinite and there was tons of yelling and swearing, I thought that was pretty funny...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've already said how I stand but just to reiterate.

Trashtalk adds to the game, will stuff get personal? Maybe but I would say such instances are more of an exception than the rule.

Anyways, tomorrow is my bday, and Smash is losing a contest over at MLG. If it loses, I'll be sad , so anyone that wants to vote Smash over halo, please do and spread the word.

http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123421&page=22

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, tomorrow is my bday, and Smash is losing a contest over at MLG. If it loses, I'll be sad , so anyone that wants to vote Smash over halo, please do and spread the word.
My feelings exactly AlphaZealot, Halo's an awesome game but Smash is just better. I cast my vote. Happy B-day.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I've actually seen M2K angry and furious once. I had to hold him back from a certain someone - his body was all hard and stiff and he had one of those DBZ angry looks on his face.

Actually, it was pretty masculine of him. GG for that sexiness.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I was one of the few cheering for M2K with Chu and Jiano's game.

To get the true effect of both players, they should be in an isolated area. No crowd or anything bothering them. That would yield the best result between two players. But I'm not saying that's what we should do though. Because a lot of people would want to watch the final matches.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
I was one of the few cheering for M2K with Chu and Jiano's game.

To get the true effect of both players, they should be in an isolated area. No crowd or anything bothering them. That would yield the best result between two players. But I'm not saying that's what we should do though. Because a lot of people would want to watch the final matches.
i mean, and the outcome of the matches would also be far less interesting
m2k would 3-stock chu and the set would not be close at all whatsoever
we all know chu needs the crowd to win lawl jk >_>

::edit::
btw, m2k actually has some arm muscle
nearly at a frightening size

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I agree completely, if smashers want to have Smash being taken seriously, much more seriously, then it's time to step up your maturity.

Cause it's not Forward being immature, it's m2k for not shutting him up by saying something like ''oh yeah Forward? beat me and then we can talk'' which would have been an awesome shutdown.

Oh...and...

Taj....umm...wtf...

You obviously are living in the wrong state.

You need to be here in NYC, amongst the other low-tier brethren!

You're another tall black man that plays a crap character at a ridiculously high level that seems to post only once in a while but makes it lengthly and also containing a ridiculously high level of logic and profoundness, and a bit of shutchyomouf-ness

(Kubuu being the other, fitting the exact qualities)

I'm gonna kidnap Taj and make him our crew's Mewtwo *snicker*

Watch yo back son!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
::edit::
btw, m2k actually has some arm muscle
nearly at a frightening size
man on the ride back from Pound II Sunday night, me and Cactuar were flexing and M2K comes out of no where with this insanely huge swollen grapefruit lookin' muscle.

Bnin23

Smash Rookie
Smash is more than a GAME!!!!! We have our own site, where we post daily, meet eachother, trains SOO HARD, travel alll over to play, and continuously learn Get hawt sexy groupies like all the time right??... Sounds like a sport 2 me. M2k,Forward, Pc etc, they are the big dawgs. Just like any other top athelete in their respective sports. They take the good with the bad so we should as well. OK, someone will occasionally say something mean to you at a tourny blah blah blah. But these are also people who have become household names to all of us, just for their abilities as far as the game. Thats pretty dam cool if u ask me! So someone like M2k has 2 be able 2 soak up the good and the bad and still ride with it. It's not up to your anyone to make you feel confident with yourself, it's their choice. Just like it's their choice to attempt to make you feel like S***! Just grow up, no one is 6 years old anymore, enjoy the game, and Learn how to score without the BALL( aka trashtalk back softies) So about those groupies....

Top Bottom