• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official trash talk at pound2 thread.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
w/e, your all soft, if you cant handle insults, well thats your problem .
daaaaayuummmm 15 year old just showed all you up!

fact of the matter:

PC could handle it, M2K couldnt, PC is obviously better at the game than m2k in this respect. I've had personal jabs taken against me in tournament, such as weight and what not, and trash talk against me. But you deal with it. Being able to handle the intensity of the tournament scene is what seperates scrubs from pros. It seems almost ridiculous to see someone so good at this game make so many johns, I'd think by now one would be past that. I'd even be willing to give more weight to m2k's complaints had I not hear him complain to jon about the heat making his fingers slip off the control stick, as if he's the only person at the venue suffering the trials and tribulations of a hot venue.

And forward is right, you can say all the stuff you want about how mean he was and how it was overboard, but no one did anything to really stop him, other than one person telling him to stfu, but that wasnt even because he was backing m2k. And this isnt the first time a john has been made about the crowd siding for or against a player at a tournament. But obviously it isnt bothering anyone enough to actually change anything. But you all can just putz around like a bunch of self-righteous leaders of the good and say things like "hey ur bad" and "sum1 shuld change dis!" without actually comitting yourself to anything thats too bothersome.

m2k (if you ever read this): quit caring so much. I think you'll handle trash talk better and you probably wont even be trash talked as much if you didnt let it get to you. And this is a piece of advice which is more sincere than you'll get from people who actually like you.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I think Forward was being an *******, but I couldn't really say **** because I spent a lot of time being an ******* during *pound* 2 myself. I just think he should learn when to say ****, and when not to say ****.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
MvC2 is too serious , its made for trash talk , someone got shot because of marvel .. so the trash talk in smash bros is nothing really
fo' realz?!

i really think smash players need to step up their trash talk.

next tourney, apart from el canceling, get ready to get verbally A-ssaulted and possibly expect it to escalate to physical violence.

we gotta let those other 2d fighting gamers know that they wouldn't survive in game or irl with the smash scene.

us smashers gotsta let everybody know, we got it tough... it ain't ez when you be hangin' on teh edge wit' one hand...

like fo' seriously!

Big_R

Smash Champion
**** the pain away
lol recognize car ride songs.

forward's trash talk was funny though. it's not liek u couldn;t get him to stop. too pc did. it went
forward:you're biting off my style
Pc: who's got the 10,000 dollar check on the wall? who's 4-0 in sets?
forward:....the east coast is mean. :(
lol

i think m2k beat foward, why didn't he just bring that up. defend yourself instead of making a big deal out of all this. god deezy
and the only personal jab was the basement thing. where he said to take him to a brighter stage it reminds him of his basement. well that and frame counting. but it all comes back to shutting him up earlier and defending yourself so it doesn't even go that far. also try and be more careful of who you think you're friends are. cuz that was a salty burn by forward. lol
m2k: i thought we were friends, but you were cheering against me.

man even i felt kinda bad after walkin by them talkin about that...

Sliq

Smash Master
daaaaayuummmm 15 year old just showed all you up!

fact of the matter:

PC could handle it, M2K couldnt, PC is obviously better at the game than m2k in this respect. I've had personal jabs taken against me in tournament, such as weight and what not, and trash talk against me. But you deal with it. Being able to handle the intensity of the tournament scene is what seperates scrubs from pros. It seems almost ridiculous to see someone so good at this game make so many johns, I'd think by now one would be past that. I'd even be willing to give more weight to m2k's complaints had I not hear him complain to jon about the heat making his fingers slip off the control stick, as if he's the only person at the venue suffering the trials and tribulations of a hot venue.

And forward is right, you can say all the stuff you want about how mean he was and how it was overboard, but no one did anything to really stop him, other than one person telling him to stfu, but that wasnt even because he was backing m2k. And this isnt the first time a john has been made about the crowd siding for or against a player at a tournament. But obviously it isnt bothering anyone enough to actually change anything. But you all can just putz around like a bunch of self-righteous leaders of the good and say things like "hey ur bad" and "sum1 shuld change dis!" without actually comitting yourself to anything thats too bothersome.

m2k (if you ever read this): quit caring so much. I think you'll handle trash talk better and you probably wont even be trash talked as much if you didnt let it get to you. And this is a piece of advice which is more sincere than you'll get from people who actually like you.

M2K isn't the only one that was trash talked too. I heard he said some deplorable things to Mikey Lenetia. Mikey was not pleased when I talked to him.

I wasn't there for that match though. I got hungry and went for some gas station hot dogs. Then, when I got back, they had hot dogs there, and I was like, "I have made a poor decision." And then I talked to Mikey while consuming a very disgusting hot dog.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
forward's trash talk was funny though. it's not liek u couldn;t get him to stop. too pc did. it went
forward:you're biting off my style
Pc: who's got the 10,000 dollar check on the wall? who's 4-0 in sets?
forward:....the east coast is mean. :(
lol
forward's trash talk wasn't really that funny
..rap? >_>()
chillindude on the other hand.. i love that guy hahaha
best move of the weekend was when brookman got him to cheer for pc and m2k
our overall volume tripled--at least
=)

I wasn't there for that match though. I got hungry and went for some gas station hot dogs. Then, when I got back, they had hot dogs there, and I was like, "I have made a poor decision." And then I talked to Mikey while consuming a very disgusting hot dog.
lollll

we should all listen to kiwii cause she's like an anime character when she plays, always going "WAAAAGHHH! Whhaaaaaaaaatt??!!" with a giant sweat-drop on her head. I mean, that's too good.
LOL wtf
im quiet when i play >_>

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
I find this funny cuz when foward came down to norcal me and a few other people talked so much **** when he was playing his matches. He actually ended up losing to lunin but came back from the losers bracket to win the tournament. So to foward credit he may dish it out but he can take it as well. And maybe he did go to far but for m2k sake hes going have to learn to deal with it if he wants to take his game to the next level.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
See, there's three kinds of people: *****, *******, and a$$holes. ******* think everyone can get along, and ***** just want to f*ck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a$$holes, Chuck. And all the a$$holes want is to $hit all over everything! So, ******* may get mad at ***** once in a while, because ******* get f*cked by *****. But ***** also f*ck a$$holes, Chuck. And if they didn't f*ck the a$$holes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your d!ck and your pu$$y all covered in $hit!

That about sums it up.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Red power was it? **** had me rolling the whole tournament.

I agree with PC though. **** talking is cool and fun, but when it gets too personal it's not fun. Chillindudes **** talk is pretty funny though. I must admit.

chaddd

Smash Lord
If you can't handle trash talking, go cry to your mom.

These kids won't last a day in the 2D fighting community.

Nuff Said. No johns. MM?
This says it all. If anyone's ever seen my matches with Pikachu -Chad- on YouTube and wasn't there to witness it, we were exchanging non-stop trash talk the entire time. It was about the most fun I've had playing in any tournament. Trash talk makes this game fun, to me, and taking anything too seriously, rather than coming back with your own trash talking, is not only incredibly withdrawn, but just leaves you in a position where the other person looks like a douche, you're upset, and no one's having any fun. Next time someone trash talks you, just trash talk them back. In the end, everyone knows it's just a joke, unless you, due to some insecurity about whatever, decide that it's not.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
See, there's three kinds of people: *****, *******, and a$$holes. ******* think everyone can get along, and ***** just want to f*ck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a$$holes, Chuck. And all the a$$holes want is to $hit all over everything! So, ******* may get mad at ***** once in a while, because ******* get f*cked by *****. But ***** also f*ck a$$holes, Chuck. And if they didn't f*ck the a$$holes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your d!ck and your pu$$y all covered in $hit!

That about sums it up.
I can't remember where I read or heard that old *** joke.

Trash talk is cool even if it is personal, as long as the person knows that you're just playing and want him to mess up. But if M2K had cancer and someone said something about him dying in a few days. That is waaaaaay out.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok you guys say (DJ and Linguini) "WTF if you can't handle why do you play or some crap like that. Do you think people practice this game and play a lot just to go to a tournament and pay their money to get personal jabs taken at them. Even if you are like amazingness at this game doesn't mean you can trash talk anyone on the goal to make them feel bad. Forward juts cause you weren't in the finals doesn't mean you have to make Jason feel like cr@p. Also forward you can't trash talk Jason when he is playing in the finals from the crowd for two reasons: 1. You aren't in the finals so why even bother gettin your fifteen minutes of fame from making fun of someone and 2. That is a ***** move to do.

Fun Fact: I killed Kiwii in one second earning fastest ko beating Chu's and I can still hear and not have any marks of harrassment.

On that note idc about this thread lol just a way to waste 4 min. MM anyone??

Hax

Smash Champion
hmm, i think at major tournies like this there isn't anything wrong with trashtalking; it's gonna happen regardless. i just think the players should adapt to it and not use it as a john, although it can affect you sometimes...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Ok you guys say (DJ and Linguini) "WTF if you can't handle why do you play or some crap like that. Do you think people practice this game and play a lot just to go to a tournament and pay their money to get personal jabs taken at them. Even if you are like amazingness at this game doesn't mean you can trash talk anyone on the goal to make them feel bad. Forward juts cause you weren't in the finals doesn't mean you have to make Jason feel like cr@p. Also forward you can't trash talk Jason when he is playing in the finals from the crowd for two reasons: 1. You aren't in the finals so why even bother gettin your fifteen minutes of fame from making fun of someone and 2. That is a ***** move to do.

Fun Fact: I killed Kiwii in one second earning fastest ko beating Chu's and I can still hear and not have any marks of harrassment.

On that note idc about this thread lol just a way to waste 4 min. MM anyone??
How could you expect anything but trashtalk at a tournament? And yes, I would expect personal jabs as well, because in the end its a player in a game. Does forward honestly think yoshi's story will affect m2k cause of sunlight? no, its all just ****talk. trashing one another happens all the time in any crowd driven competitive sport, its just that in competitive gaming, the crowd is alot more inclusive, cause it is comprised of the very players within the competition. Do you know how ludicrous it would sound if a basketball player complained that he lost because the man guarding him called him a *****??? It would be insane, and you'd never ever hear that as a john, why should people in a competitive fighter be given preferential treatment? Who was that bball player that got banned cause some spectator was calling him out or some stupid BS last year? They didnt try to say how it was understandable because someone was making jabs at him. They asked him how the **** do you react to something like that and let it jepordize your game and sent him packing that season.

To summarize: Trash talk in any other sport wouldnt ever be considered a factor into a loss at a competitive level. Smash shouldnt be any different. Are we going to have to have a therapist or a motivational speaker for the top players so they dont choke??? gimme a break.

and a big lol thinking forward needs a 15 minutes of fame, and that he was acting like a *****. He took all the trash talk right back like a man and I saw it.

Sliq

Smash Master
How could you expect anything but trashtalk at a tournament? And yes, I would expect personal jabs as well, because in the end its a player in a game. Does forward honestly think yoshi's story will affect m2k cause of sunlight? no, its all just ****talk. trashing one another happens all the time in any crowd driven competitive sport, its just that in competitive gaming, the crowd is alot more inclusive, cause it is comprised of the very players within the competition. Do you know how ludicrous it would sound if a basketball player complained that he lost because the man guarding him called him a *****??? It would be insane, and you'd never ever hear that as a john, why should people in a competitive fighter be given preferential treatment? Who was that bball player that got banned cause some spectator was calling him out or some stupid BS last year? They didnt try to say how it was understandable because someone was making jabs at him. They asked him how the **** do you react to something like that and let it jepordize your game and sent him packing that season.

To summarize: Trash talk in any other sport wouldnt ever be considered a factor into a loss at a competitive level. Smash shouldnt be any different. Are we going to have to have a therapist or a motivational speaker for the top players so they dont choke??? gimme a break.

and a big lol thinking forward needs a 15 minutes of fame, and that he was acting like a *****. He took all the trash talk right back like a man and I saw it.
I'm not trying to ban smack talk in any regards. I'm simply trying to get the point across that if you take smack talk too far (the level varies individualistically), then people are going to not like you, and thusly not act favorably to you.

This is for Forward's benefit, so to speak. If he doesn't care a lot of people lose respect for him, he can do whatever he wants. However, the smash community is A LOT more intimate than the ****ing NBA. Smash isn't a career, and the only spectators are the other players. Professional players play in order to make money. The same could be said for smash, but the difference in scale is astronomical.

The NBA players aren't playing for the experience or to have a good time (at least these things are not ranked over the money). It is their job.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
5 pts for sliq :o
yea, it's a little ricockulous to compare smash to the ****in nba LOLLLL

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Personal insults should be taken personally. Anyones reactions to them can be different. Just wait until some smasher somewhere snaps at a personal insult and somebody gets hurt.

Analyzing and ridiculing a game is one thing, the player is a different thing. You can insult how the play. But if you insult who they are it's a different level.

Top Bottom