• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk why people hate brawl, to me its very stupid. its a different game, so what big deal. i dont think when melee came out smashers liked it as much as they do now. give it time, dont hate on it because you played it and its not exactly like melee >.>
I never said I hated Brawl!! People are telling ME that I hate Brawl!! Which is fine, but I never said it! I just think it's boring, I like to combo! I can't do it! So what the hell do you people want from me?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I wasnt saying you, im saying in gerneral. when i ask people on aim did you ever play brawl they say " oh yeah, it sucks" i just dont understand really. how can you make an impression of a long, complacted game in a matter of weeks, or acouple of times?

Scar

#HarveyDent
i just dont understand really. how can you make an impression of a long, complacted game in a matter of weeks, or acouple of times?
It's pretty obvious that it isn't that complicated. And I understand you weren't saying me, I wasn't necessarily responding to you either, it was just a pretty easy lead-in for what I had on my mind.

The other thing is that I'd probably just be happier sitting out of Brawl until these miraculous advanced techs are discovered (since apparently everyone thinks they will be) and the game actually is somewhat playable/competitive.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when scar says stuff like brawl is a ****ty game, i take it that he hates the game lol. and he installed the wiikey for m2k, not himself (i think that was this thread and not the tunes).

stop fanning the flames gotm lol, u said urself u like it more than u originally thought u would. u love diddy slam dunks haha

GOTM

Smash Champion
u said urself u like it more than u originally thought u would.
1. it was a complete joke cuz everyone was specifically saying NOT to say "i hate brawl". so i said it in those exact words.

2. more than i thought i would means, i like it more than it being a complete ****hole thats unplayable, lol. i still honestly dont really like it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
when scar says stuff like brawl is a ****ty game, i take it that he hates the game lol. and he installed the wiikey for m2k, not himself (i think that was this thread and not the tunes).

stop fanning the flames gotm lol, u said urself u like it more than u originally thought u would. u love diddy slam dunks haha
This is another reason why I hate people who play Brawl. My theory is that you all know it sucks and are just afraid to admit it because that means you have to go back to me kneeing you over and over in Melee. Every time someone says something bad about Brawl, you all freak out and say "no no no it's good I promise."

SHUT UP. Who cares whether I like it or not?!? Especially if I'm just stating facts about the game and that I don't like them! What are you going to do about it? There's nothing you guys can do, and you don't need me to like it honestly.

If someone said to me, "I don't like Melee because I don't like l-cancelling," I don't care! Why should I say to them, WELL L-CANCELLING IS A USEFUL PART OF THE GAME AND IT'S NECESSARY AT TOP LEVEL PLAY AND YOU NEED TO LOVE MELEE.

Melee is not for you, pal! In much the same way, the current state of Brawl is NOT FOR ME. Let me play my Melee in peace. And if anyone's fanning flames, pal, I think you know who it was.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just stop acting so defensive.

and if melee wasnt for me, i wouldnt have spent the last year of my life playing it. i truly do like brawl. you cant prove that i dont.

i dont even want to continue talking about this here especially in the ToS crew thread, which is still melee based lol.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
OK EVERYONE STOP MELEE HAS A LITTLE TIME BEFORE PEOPLE DECIDE WHAT THERE PLAYING. For now watch IKF ^_^
HEY wat did i say about butt-kissin (tryin to keep it PG-13 for xzax) lolZ.

on the other hand, lets all be mad at sakurai for tryin to make a game that isnt broken like his other ones. wat an ******* of him. i cant believe he didnt make it melee 2.0 or a ssb64 2.0. talk about a **** move. dam u sakuraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scar

#HarveyDent
just stop acting so defensive.

and if melee wasnt for me, i wouldnt have spent the last year of my life playing it. i truly do like brawl. you cant prove that i dont.
How am I being defensive? I'm being extremely aggressive. wtf Mark.

And the "Melee isn't for you" comment was directed towards the fictional person who said "I don't like Melee because I don't like L-Cancelling."

And what the hell does "You can't prove that I don't like Brawl" mean?! Where are these words coming from? I feel like I'm talking to a random phrase generator. I'm not trying to prove that you don't like Brawl, I'm just criticizing you and all Brawl supporters for being overly defensive when it comes to people "bashing" Brawl.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
<lulz>

People like Scar keep overzealous fans in check. Its a natural part of the practice of being introduced to a new idea or item. There are two extremes at work. People who love Brawl unconditionally and unrationally ignoring faults that hold the game to a lower level. Then theres the opposite the people that have an uncontrollable dislike and distrust of different layers of "materials" and ideas being brought forth to the table. No one in this thread ,as I see it, are characterized by these extremes but there is some obvious opposite ends.Though I think we should wait a little longer to really sit down and evaluate Brawl, no one should stop Scar for expressing how he feels, as I hold some of the same sentiments as him, because it keeps overhyped fanboys in check. And I ------- HATE FANBOYS CAUSE THEY BE MAKIN ME SICK AND ANOTHER THING, EVERYBODY BE LIKE JMAN AND WATCH I KILLED MUFASA: A FALCON COMBO VIDEO BY SCAR. Right now, get at him. :050:

</ lulz>

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
i played brawl today for my first time, played as Zsamus all day and a little pokemon trainer at the end of the night, its really fun game, but is EXTREMLY frustrating right now, cause it is a completly different game from melee, do i hate it? no. do i like it? a little, im just hoping once i get to sit down and work with the game, i come to like it more. oh yea, **** sheik, she needs to die in a fire....

Velocity

Smash Lord
SCAR STOP TALKING TO FICTIONAL PEOPLE
and by fictional I mean chibo cause it's impossible for a real person to be that lame
also regardless of what you wanna play I played melee cause of the depth yes but cause it was a much larger scene then tekken for tournies and the amount of people that played it but if you still wanna play melee its going to be hard to find as many people to play now real hard give it 3 months and your not going to have the same scene in smash at all i guarantee 2 years b4 lcanceling and wavedashing was even considered to be used as an advantage in melee ask azen and others the played melee when it started you have no idea what the games going to be like i rather be there when it falls apart ne way do i love this game, hell no but its the next thing and if it doesnt work **** it then, pakman me and you tekken 6 all the way or SC2 w/e

pockyD

Smash Legend
i believe that velocity actually writes post with punctuation, then runs a program that removes it from his post O_o, then goes back at the end and adds just one or two just to throw us off the trail

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have no idea what im doing this weekend. why cant the weekend be like 5 days? lol
soooo many people are asking me to do stuff. however im thinkn of holdin a mini brawl smashfest on sunday, but thatl be at our place xzax (same place as cot2), so if u can make it there, thatd be awesome.

roykids kirby and ness trixies are too awesome

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have no idea what im doing this weekend. why cant the weekend be like 5 days? lol
soooo many people are asking me to do stuff. however im thinkn of holdin a mini brawl smashfest on sunday, but thatl be at our place xzax (same place as cot2), so if u can make it there, thatd be awesome.

edit: double post? :080:

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

i hope that smashfest goes down, i feel sorry for swordz, he is like the only person i know that hasnt played brawl yet, and he is angry at everyone else, lol. and i kind of want to play it some more, cause Zsamus ownz, oh yea, and its awsome i can now actually fit "Ken34" in my name tag instead of using "K34" or "KEN".:laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ken if you didnt know. pick samus and like shiek in melee hold R down before the stage is picked until the screen showes up. You will use Zsamus
even earlier than that. u gotta hold R while still at the character select screen before u go to select a stage. u kno if u got it if the little icons on the top left of the stage select screen shows zamus instead of samus.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Ken if you didnt know. pick samus and like shiek in melee hold R down before the stage is picked until the screen showes up. You will use Zsamus
of course i know how to play as my girl ZSS.

YAY!! i got to play for a second time, im liking the game ALOT more now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bulMMbpFGvA

the more you get use to it, the more it seems like it has potential to be big, IMO.

Scar

#HarveyDent
the more you get use to it, the more it seems like it has potential to be big, IMO.
The cycle has become:

First time playing it: It sucks, too restricting
After getting used to the engine: Getting used to it, it's really fun and could be deep
After finding out that nothing works: Sort of boring, a lot more thinking required, too restricting
After learning the metagame: Camping is no fun, I hate this game, I can't approach without getting sheildgrabbed

You are at step 2. If you play vs me I have realized that the only way not to get ***** is to sit on the other side and camp like a little ***** until you approach me, then I will grab you and not do any moves out of it because they don't work. I'll just run away some more and grab again until you are at high% and then I will back air you and you will die.

Top Bottom