• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

GOTM

Smash Champion
The cycle has become:

First time playing it: It sucks, too restricting
After getting used to the engine: Getting used to it, it's really fun and could be deep
After finding out that nothing works: Sort of boring, a lot more thinking required, too restricting
After learning the metagame: Camping is no fun, I hate this game, I can't approach without getting sheildgrabbed

You are at step 2. If you play vs me I have realized that the only way not to get ***** is to sit on the other side and camp like a little ***** until you approach me, then I will grab you and not do any moves out of it because they don't work. I'll just run away some more and grab again until you are at high% and then I will back air you and you will die.
yo this is seriously the truth though. im at step 3 and dont even wanna bother with step 4 so i just run at people anyway and get *****, but at least i get to slam dunk em sometimes

Scar

#HarveyDent
yo this is seriously the truth though. im at step 3 and dont even wanna bother with step 4 so i just run at people anyway and get *****, but at least i get to slam dunk em sometimes
LMAO slam dunks make it all worth it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
-ChiboSempai. Maybe I'm faster than Captain Falcon ^_^
If this post wasn't tragically true I would do my best to ruin you right now. Also, Shakugan puts his own name in red, not the phrase capturing the eternal debate, "Man or Lion?"

i.e. This post is still FAIL.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
If this post wasn't tragically true I would do my best to ruin you right now. Also, Shakugan puts his own name in red, not the phrase capturing the eternal debate, "Man or Lion?"

Give him some points for trying. I enjoyed it.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

dang, I love this guy, lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Scar you really make me wanna go get another degree in English just to be close to your correction skills

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
chibo let me ask you a question. What is your problem with me and toushi.

Shakugan,maybe im a lion
Leave me out of this. i can careless who has a problem with me. if anyone does they can step to me face to face and it can get solved right there and then. chibo has no problem with me nor do i have one with him.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Welp.

The cycle has become:

First time playing it: It sucks, too restricting
After getting used to the engine: Getting used to it, it's really fun and could be deep
After finding out that nothing works: Sort of boring, a lot more thinking required, too restricting
After learning the metagame: Camping is no fun, I hate this game, I can't approach without getting sheildgrabbed

You are at step 2. If you play vs me I have realized that the only way not to get ***** is to sit on the other side and camp like a little ***** until you approach me, then I will grab you and not do any moves out of it because they don't work. I'll just run away some more and grab again until you are at high% and then I will back air you and you will die.
I've read alot of Scar's posts and now I'm already at step 3...I only played the game for 4 mins.. :(

No wavedashing
No l-canceling
No combos
No hit stun
No edgeguarding
No crouch-canceling
No competitiveness

Dedede only

ChainGrab City.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
theres auto l cancel, and there is edgeguarding >.>
yup, i auto cancel squirtles fair into jab all the time. and there is edgeguarding and edgehogging, my ivysaur gets edgehogged all the time, and for edgeguarding, you really got to jump out there.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Auto l cancel = No manual input for l-cancels=loss of depth...= :3

I hate the general floatiness in the air, its like you can weave in, out and under the stage and SNAP to the ledge. And if it wasnt easy enough now u can airdodge multiple times...lawl. Basically ive started disliking the game before I could really even sit down and play it, I blame Paul.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
If you auto l-cancel(lol) then you aren't doing it yourself. Its not really a technique if u cant apply it manually. Its just aerial move lag has been reduced. Therefore there is no l-canceling tbqh. And when I said no edgeguarding I obviously wasnt being literal its just that edgeguarding seems a lot harder to get off now since the opponent has so much help now. Also I wasn't complaining im just stating the horrible facts. So Nice!

Velocity

Smash Lord
yo all you people who say there are no combos haven't seen my GAW lol lol @ 100+% dmg combo on chibo while he was wario with his own bike. on another note unless your marth i can attack your shield and not get grabbed or hit out of it marth can cause he can up b and its stupid

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
online brawl sucks. unless the US version is A LOT better, Im never joining an online tourney. I cant even play sonic online cause the lag messes me up too much. Im forced to use Toon Link.

edit: shakugan i dunno what ur talkin about. and toushis right, i have no probs with him at all

GOTM

Smash Champion
i decided im stickin with melee for at least until it dies out completely. i went to a tourney this weekend and then played with Mow all weekend and i realized i still have so much more to learn and i had a lotta fun.

i'll switch over to brawl once its out and i can have a bunch of videos to rely on that prove to me it can be as deep as melee, but until then, im all melee. :)

Scar

#HarveyDent
talwind >.> stop complaining its a new game and you said there wasnt l cancel ( which theres auto) and edgehoging. get over it.
He's not complaining. He's voicing his opinion. You're being a jerk. Don't.

Also, auto L-cancelling is a bull**** phrase, it doesn't mean anything. It just means that certain aerials have nearly no landing lag, but you can't L-cancel anything so why would you say it's auto L-cancelled?

Yes you can "autocancel" aerials but that just means that you aren't in your aerial animation when you land, which is the opposite of the point of L-cancelling.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
mitri just play melee with me and we'll **** once everyone goes to brawl ;)
everyone wont be going to brawl, atleast most of the people i spoke to said they are playing both, which is what im doing as well, I like both, so im going to play both.:)

Velocity

Smash Lord
He's not complaining. He's voicing his opinion. You're being a jerk. Don't.

Also, auto L-cancelling is a bull**** phrase, it doesn't mean anything. It just means that certain aerials have nearly no landing lag, but you can't L-cancel anything so why would you say it's auto L-cancelled?

Yes you can "autocancel" aerials but that just means that you aren't in your aerial animation when you land, which is the opposite of the point of L-cancelling.
Before I correct you I'll ask you, do you mean there aren't moves that cancel even if u start them right before you land? I hope not

Also The game isn't as "deep" there's still more to the game but not as much as melee. It will still be a competitive game though, and more popular which means you'll have more people to play, which in turn for me will make the game a lot more exciting even though it kinda sucks I still have fun playing my friends and tourneys will be ok once they work out all the kinks, ie rule sets. I mean you can't really cling onto like Marvel can you? at least they never had a third installment. Also guess what if you were good at melee your going to be good at this game to if you weren't guess your still going to suck only difference is you can practice at melee you can't really play this game by yourself.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Before I correct you I'll ask you, do you mean there aren't moves that cancel even if u start them right before you land? I hope not

Also The game isn't as "deep" there's still more to the game but not as much as melee. It will still be a competitive game though, and more popular which means you'll have more people to play, which in turn for me will make the game a lot more exciting even though it kinda sucks I still have fun playing my friends and tourneys will be ok once they work out all the kinks, ie rule sets. I mean you can't really cling onto like Marvel can you? at least they never had a third installment. Also guess what if you were good at melee your going to be good at this game to if you weren't guess your still going to suck only difference is you can practice at melee you can't really play this game by yourself.
Commas - 4
Periods - 4
Question Marks - 2
Line Breaks - 1

WHO ARE YOU?

Velocity

Smash Lord
I alm/ost ask?
ed what the? .**** a lin,e break was. I type good w.hen
I a?ctually care if people read what I wro.te, or ,don't wan.t them to get frustrated.., I hate everyone though.

/,

?.POCKY! stop wa.sting t?
ime, countin,g .my punc,tuation. On second though?t no ke
ep doing it.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
online brawl sucks. unless the US version is A LOT better, Im never joining an online tourney. I cant even play sonic online cause the lag messes me up too much. Im forced to use Toon Link.
Your using a japanese server its gonna lag. and there is no p2p so thats like getting double ***** slapped lol.

Top Bottom