• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Sync and everyone else asking. Consider it a puzzle. There's a reason for it, and it makes perfect sense.

Why in the world would your points go up/down even though you haven't participated in a tournament since the last update?

First one to answer gets a "Get out of Judgment free" card next time I play them in doubles :)

sheikamaru

jive
@Sync and everyone else asking. Consider it a puzzle. There's a reason for it, and it makes perfect sense.

Why in the world would your points go up/down even though you haven't participated in a tournament since the last update?

First one to answer gets a "Get out of Judgment free" card next time I play them in doubles :)
Because..... There are people at the same skill level losing/winning entering tournaments who end up modifying the pr results by mere presence alone?

Or... There are new smashers??

Did I win?

-Ran

Smash Master

Depreciation of points based upon tournament activity. Good job if you've managed to figure out the algorithm that is balanced. ;d

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Because the tournaments in the update were old ones, thus affecting the point values of the people had at that time, thus affecting how much points were earned from the later tournaments?

...a domino effect?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People were listed multiple times and removing duplicate names affects the values?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Last reason: rating decay implemented to punish inactivity/retired players from staying so high.

Edit: then there is no other reason. YOU LIE

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
illmatic beat esam, esam is the better pika of the 2, ally beat esam, m2k beat ally, razer beat m2k, trela beat razer, gnes beat trela.

the logical conclusion to all of this then is that gnes is the best peach, pika, snake, metaknight, and lucario.

don't question the logic, because im afraid i went too deep and don't even get it myself

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Tesh

Smash Hero
im gonna make it to C tier then retire. looks like the thing to do

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
O

L

It's time to go home.

Smoom77

Smash Master
xyro on smoom

I can change dojo to retired cause he truly is. but ph are you REALLY retired or are u gonna take a break then come back later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom