• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll place a bet that Denti will place higher than Polt at Whobo. Any takers? :p

/nohardfeelingspolt
I'd actually take you up on that, if I wasn't getting Polt round 1 and knocking him into losers early.

Gnes

Smash Master

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'll place a bet that Denti will place higher than Polt at Whobo. Any takers? :p

/nohardfeelingspolt
None taken, especially considering my terrible performance at Nikefest 3. Probably my worst placing ever.

I'll be fine by WHOBO, though. These slumps go away if I take a nice, long break. =)

Almo

Smash Ace
how do you take into account people outside of TX? if they don't have a given score, do you just ignore matches with TX vs. other people?

I'm only asking because if you do, then wouldn't this be inaccurate from nationals where someone would play a large number of other people out of state, and it wouldn't count towards their score?

Just interested in how this is done.

Smoom77

Smash Master
From what I know, all OOS players are counted as 1600 players. Doesn't seem quite fair since if you lose to M2K and Ally or something, then you'd lose points as if you lost to a 1600 player.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That's not how it works.

Almo, as you said, it's very difficult to calculate ELO for OoS players. For events like Whobo I gave M2K and Ally set ELO numbers, like 1900 or 2000.

Again, there's no possible way to do this accurately since the ELO system is not implemented in their OoS ares.

EDIT: and wtf is up with all these horse avatars/sigs?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why are you here trying to talk about MLP?
Shouldn't you be catching up on One Piece? You're still a bit behind. Paw's gonna catch up to you at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom