• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Takamaru has something about the game that brings back old memories...something I haven't felt since...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
so am I...I only recently got Paula...then again my Ness is almost level 30

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
exactly....Takamaru should be in Brawl...I would die, instantaneously reincarnate and die again so I can reincarnate again if Takamaru was confirmed...as a playable character...

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting him as a playable and nothing else, more at the fact that there would be no Japanese style swordplay presented in the game despite them taking note of it (To high requested to be just a sticker or trophy, Lyn and Goroh are assisted). I'm just waiting for the update of his profile or seeing his name on the character list leak (around the end of November of course).

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea that'd be great...and even greater would be a sequel or even a 3-D remake on the Wii...using 1:1 sword fighting mechanics...maybe even introducing new characters and extending the plotline and provide something more than just infiltrate 5 castles...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I would play Murasame... but I'm too busy with Mother 3 right now (which is an AWESOME game I might add!)

anyways, Takamaru for Brawl!
Is it an English translation? Where'd you find it?

That reminds me, one of my best friends said tha tone of HIS friends imported Mother 3 and is working on trnalslating it.

T-major

Smash Champion
there's an english translation for M3 on gamefaqs. problem is, it gets a bit annoying to have too look at the faq over and over again, every 10 seconds while playing :dizzy:

still a great game though.
yeah, I can't wait for the English translation patch to be finished; that would make the game much more enjoyable. :D I figure that by the time I finish the first play through of the game, the patch should be done. then I can play through it again in English.

and hopefully Takamaru's inclusion in Brawl will give his series another game. A Wii game with awesome sword fighting mechanics would be be great. I can see it being pretty popular, and it would be great to have more "mature" games from Nintendo (not that they really need them, but it would help break that stupid stereotype that "Nintendo is for Kids")

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
there's an english translation for M3 on gamefaqs. problem is, it gets a bit annoying to have too look at the faq over and over again, every 10 seconds while playing :dizzy:

I have the same problem with Tomato Adventure.....

Great game...but it is an RPG, so the text is so important....can't help it though.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
You know what... I almost said "why is there a topic about me? As far as I know thic name isn't used in any games!" Then I noticed it was takAmaru. Hehe...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Oh, no doubt, I bet, no doubt!

Plus, Lucas is confirmed playable! What awesome timing!

...Does this mean Takamaru has a chance? Slim though I think it seems now...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I think Takamaru does still have a chance. I truly hope he's announced soon. Even if it was a music update with his icon literally suggesting he's in without saying it, which would be hilarious to see how most people on the Smashboards will react and if they'll say, "Takamaru hasn't been confirmed yet, Jesus!"

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea I'd put a count on my sig on how many people say that...hee hee...but yea an new Murasame game would be great for the Wii...I picture something like Dynasty Warriors mixed with Ninja Gaiden mixed with Zelda but better...while obviously introducing some new game mechanic or something.......

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Besides the advantage Lucas had (being in a game Sakurai worked on), Takamru is the most wanted Japan-only character and also in a retro game )which is what Sakurai seems to prefer). If he added anymore, he's probably one of the other ones.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think that his emblem would either be a castle, a katana, or one of those moving containers from the game...or a scroll...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Lucas uped Takamaru's chances.
Agreed. Not only does Sakurai's acknowledgement (and inclusion) of a Japan-only character bode well for Takamaru, but the fact that Lucas was listed fewer times than Takamaru (only by one, granted) also seems to be a good omen for our samurai friend. :grin:

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I can see it now...

Snake: Colonel, who's this guy?

Colonel: That's Takamaru Snake, he first apperead in the Japan-only game "The Mystery of Murasame Castle". He's a young samurai in training.

Snake: All he has is a sword, he can't be any more of a challenge than Grey Fox was...

Colonel: Don't let his appearance fool you, not only does he have the abilitiy to use magic, he also has invisibility techniques. Among other things, he can deflect projectiles with his blade with ease, so I would refrain from using them if I were you. Takamaru's been training non-stop for his Smash debut. Snake, be careful...

Heh heh... I can't wait!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can see it now...

Snake: Colonel, who's this guy?

Colonel: That's Takamaru Snake, he first apperead in the Japan-only game "The Mystery of Murasame Castle". He's a yound Samurai in training.

Snake: All he has is a sword, he can't be any more of a challenge than Grey Fox was...

Colonel: Don't let his appearance fool you, not only does he have the abilitiy to use magic, he also has invisibility techniques. Among other things, he can deflect projectiles with his blade with ease, so I would refrain from using them if I were you. Takamaru's been training non-stop for his Smash debut. Snake, be careful...

Heh heh... I can't wait!
That was really good. o_o

Takafobrawl.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
hope Gray Fox isnt in Brawl unless Kojima is feeling generous...

Top Bottom