• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
but isn't that part of what makes takamaru unique? :confused:
No, what makes him unique is his samurai ability and swordplay, which would be very different from the sword-play we've seen so far in Smash. But I do think that he should wield some magic like his invisibility and ability to walk on water in Brawl, though, but I prefer if Sakurai expanded on his samurai ability.

T-major

Smash Champion
No, what makes him unique is his samurai ability and swordplay, which would be very different from the sword-play we've seen so far in Smash. But I do think that he should wield some magic like his invisibility and ability to walk on water in Brawl, though, but I prefer if Sakurai expanded on his samurai ability.
thats a major part of it, but those techniques (they shouldn't really count as magic, except of maybe the lightning) are part of his character. Samurai usually don't have the ability to walk on water and turn invisible. those are usually reserved for ninja's and Jesus. Kunai, fireballs and throwing blades arn't normally used by samurai either (again, ninja's). so those things make him more unique, not only in smash, but amoung samurai in general.

Hong

The Strongest
I think his lightning should be his B-Up. Like, Takamaru fades away like the wind while lighting shoots in 4 angles from where he faded. Then based on the direction held he'd reappear a short distance.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I think his lightning should be his B-Up. Like, Takamaru fades away like the wind while lighting shoots in 4 angles from where he faded. Then based on the direction held he'd reappear a short distance.
Sounds good to me!

T-major

Smash Champion
that could work, but if his up B used the lightning then I prefer it to work a little differently. for one, I don't think he should warp. I never really liked warp recoveries because it was hard to determine where I would show up (but thats might be just me...). I was thinking that he could just rise up while spinning a bit (you can control the angle of it a bit) while being surrounded by electricity (would just be for visual effect). when he gets to the top of his jump he will shoot out lighting in four directions.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I completely 100% agree with this post. Walking on water and being invisible is one thing, but lightning bolts and fire balls?Save that for Mario and Pikachu plz.:ohwell:

T-major

Smash Champion
I completely 100% agree with this post. Walking on water and being invisible is one thing, but lightning bolts and fire balls?Save that for Mario and Pikachu plz.:ohwell:
but those things are Part of Takamaru's character, and part of his game. taking those things out would make him less of what he is. so yeah, he should get his fireballs and lightning...

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
but those things are Part of Takamaru's character, and part of his game. taking those things out would make him less of what he is. so yeah, he should get his fireballs and lightning...
Uhh, a lot of characters in Smash dont have all of there techniques in there respective games. Mario could fly in SMW, does he feel any less like Mario in Melee because he couldnt there?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea but thats from like....2 games IIRC...Takamaru has been in 1 game and so it makes sense to apply those abilities into Brawl if he makes it(no...............he will make it *twitch*)

quite honestly...I think his DownB should be Invisibility(your invisible for 3-4 seconds and only your specials are visible(like if you throw a kunai, the kunai is visible and if a special involves a sword...the blade is visible...also the more you use it the higher the chance of it failing is and if it fails there is serious lag time...) and Lightning should be his Final Smash...like he does some kind of flashy sword technique that sends him into the air and then comes crashing down, lightning speed and when he falls on solid ground the stage is electricuted(with a similar effect as how that lighting bolt strikes that castle thing in the title screen)...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well I also think he should use fireballs and his invisibility for his specials...beyond that I dont think there is too much magic in Takamaru's character to allow any more...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Yea this needed some serious bumpage.....sadly I dont know what else to say besides

TAKAMARU 4 BRAWLZ!!!11

and that Im thinking of drawing him and I might post it here...like him doing attacks and some alternate colors....

Red: black vest and belt, red top and pants, golden-ish gauntlet thingies
Blue: white vest and belt, blue top and pants, silver-ish gauntlet thingies
Green: yellow vest and belt, green top and pants, golden-ish gauntlet thingies
White: default; red vest, light(almost white)blue top, white pants and belt, silver-ish gauntlet thingies
Black: purple vest and belt, black top and pants, golden-ish gauntlet thingies

T-major

Smash Champion
looking forward to the pictures and colour schemes

I tried colouring that fan art from a couple of pages ago... but it didn't work out... colouring in Photoshop is hard! D:

...what else is there to talk about...?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I say default. He'd fit perfectly along with his Famicom Disk System siblings (Samus, Link, Pit). But he'd be nice as secret too.

T-major

Smash Champion
I think he should be unlockable, but one of the easier ones to get. retro characters seem to be made into starters, so you never know; but I think his status as a Japan only retro bump him down to unlockable...

Hong

The Strongest
I say unlockable since after we get Falcon and our MOTHER rep, we have all of core series covered and the players should work from there towards unlocking characters deeper into the series or characters from single games. As much as I dislike the Ice Climbers, they along with Pit have the initial retro character lineup set. Save the best for last? ;D
Uhh, a lot of characters in Smash dont have all of there techniques in there respective games. Mario could fly in SMW, does he feel any less like Mario in Melee because he couldnt there?
But he's still using the cape. This example is trying to use game balance vs reason which can't really be applied to Super Smash Brothers since balance should always come first. Thus is they can give Takamaru his magic while retaining his character and keeping him balanced, it's okay. Comparing Mario's ability to fly would be like saying "Takamaru's lightning should kill every character on screen", which no one really said. :p

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I agree with Lunadis on what he said to raphtmarqui...

and yea I think he should be unlockable but not the kind of unlockable that takes forever(by noob standards: Falco, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch...thats all I can remember for now...and yes I know who all the unlockables are in Melee...)

he should be like Marth...who I got fairly early....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

and yea I think he should be unlockable but not the kind of unlockable that takes forever(by noob standards: Falco, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch...thats all I can remember for now...and yes I know who all the unlockables are in Melee...)

Was Mewtwo the one that you had to play multiplayer or something for a set amount of time? I just left my gamecube on for a while and unlocked him like that...

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. For Mewtwo you needed like, 20 hours of play or something. I just started a game with me and a second player on Fourside and then left it on while I went out for the day.

Bleh. Everyone on this site assumes you're a he if you have over 500 post. =(

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
@Lunadis: I apologize, but I dont see any indication on your gender...so I just took a guess based on the gender who supposedly plays Smash more: males...again Im sorry but I didnt know...

EDIT: and I have under 500 posts......am I female...you will never know........(unless you ask me...but even then I might refuse to tell you...hee hee)

Hong

The Strongest
It's okay. I'm used to it. :p
At least I'm not like the attention whores who post topics like "I'M FEMALE AND PLAY SMASH LOL CLICK HERE"

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
dam.......what to talk about....

ummm....

Takamaru's voice....silent or Japanese voiceover...(for like...victory taunts and stuff like Marth and Roy)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone know any way I would be able to play Taka's game...

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
It's okay. I'm used to it. :p
At least I'm not like the attention whores who post topics like "I'M FEMALE AND PLAY SMASH LOL CLICK HERE"
Huh, I assumed you were a girl, that's weird... I usually don't have trouble with it either, just by the way you posted I guess...

T-major

Smash Champion
Takamaru's voice....silent or Japanese voiceover...(for like...victory taunts and stuff like Marth and Roy)
I'd like to hear a voice over. it would add more personality to him.

Does anyone know any way I would be able to play Taka's game...
I would think a ROM, but I don't know if they make an Emulator for the Famicom Disc system.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like to hear a voice over. it would add more personality to him.

I would think a ROM, but I don't know if they make an Emulator for the Famicom Disc system.
...Can't find a rom...

Top Bottom