• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

Hong

The Strongest
His outfit and general concept is fine. Just needs to be more realistic like Ice Climbers or Mario.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
indeed. I also think he should have a more muscular build; make it look like all that samurai training payed off.
No I disagree with that...

...He looks fast, if he was muscular he'd just look like a strong brute samurai instead of a ninja/ samurai hybrid

T-major

Smash Champion
No I disagree with that...

...He looks fast, if he was muscular he'd just look like a strong brute samurai instead of a ninja/ samurai hybrid
right, right. good point... scratch that then.

also. the pieces of hair on the side of Taka's face... are those side burns, or just bits of hair that aren't tied back into his ponytail? looks like side burns to me, but I'm not sure...

:EDIT:

that picture is close to how I would like him to look. only much less evil looking, and with groomed hair (with the bangs parted to the side like in the official art of him.)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
indeed. I also think he should have a more muscular build; make it look like all that samurai training payed off.
no please. then he'd be freakin' haohmaru
:dizzy:

also. the pieces of hair on the side of Taka's face... are those side burns, or just bits of hair that aren't tied back into his ponytail?
they're pieces of hair not tied back.

T-major

Smash Champion
I thought u said u wanted his old look?:p
I do, but I was referring to his design. you said you hoped he got a makeover like Pit. well, Pit got a MAJOR redesign for brawl, to the point where he looks hardly like his original design. Takamaru's design should remain mostly unchanged, but a more "realistic" appearance would be cool

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do, but I was referring to his design. you said you hoped he got a makeover like Pit. well, Pit got a MAJOR redesign for brawl, to the point where he looks hardly like his original design. Takamaru's design should remain mostly unchanged, but a more "realistic" appearance would be cool
Pit needed a redesign...I hope his means they are planning on continuing Kid Icarus games...I wanted a sequel to the last one but hopefully they make it like Zelda...

If they make it like Metroids 3D incarnation that would be horrible...or even kirby's...that wouldn't be bad but not that good

T-major

Smash Champion
Pit needed a redesign...I hope his means they are planning on continuing Kid Icarus games...I wanted a sequel to the last one but hopefully they make it like Zelda...

If they make it like Metroids 3D incarnation that would be horrible...or even kirby's...that wouldn't be bad but not that good
Kid Icarus wouldn't work as an FPS. Metroid is different, because it had shooting elements in the original games, so an FPS was literally the ONLY way they could have made it work in 3D. Kid Icarus on the other hand is, like you said, more suited to Zelda style game play.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I really hope they give him either than fanart look or making him real realistic and more ronin-like, looking like he came straight out of Vagabond.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You think they will give him black hair?
If they give him Blue it's overdoing the whole Blue Hair thing, especially IF Marth returns

Well, the pic makes it LOOK blue

I think he has Brown hair

T-major

Smash Champion
I think his hair should be black, if were looking for a more realistic look; or at the very least a very dark blue (would look almost black, but would be blue in the right light).

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd go with black/dark blue as well, darker hair seems to suit Samurai characters more IMO. That fan art would also be a good look for him.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That fanart is the quintessential look for Takamaru. I think that they really should base their character design off of that piece. =) As for his hair color, I would say that a deep blue--navy, for example--would be best, leaning toward black.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
That fanart is the quintessential look for Takamaru. I think that they really should base their character design off of that piece. =) As for his hair color, I would say that a deep blue--navy, for example--would be best, leaning toward black.
I definitely agree with this also

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I honestly think that he should have black hair. I think a dark blue color would look good, but I honestly imagine him being revamped into a more realistic style that makes him look more like an actual Japanese samurai.

T-major

Smash Champion
I honestly think that he should have black hair. I think a dark blue color would look good, but I honestly imagine him being revamped into a more realistic style that makes him look more like an actual Japanese samurai.
well, they could make it black, but dark blue if looked at in a certain light. that would make him look more realistic, yet still keep him true to his original design.

Hong

The Strongest
Taka w/ Bubblegum Pink Hair FTW!!!
Ha ha. They better give him an alternative fruity costume. Beating someone with Captain Falcon wearing a tight white suit with pink nipples and pink oven mitts is the most amazing thing ever. I love using serious characters with degrading appearances. I'd kill to play a pink robed Takamaru with hot pink hair and bright yellow geta.

T-major

Smash Champion
they most likely will as one of his other colours. things like that are just plain awesome :D

speaking of alternate looks. if alternate costumes get added, I think the should Give Taka a costume of him with his hair down. that'd be bad @$$!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I think we've got enough special attacks, but I'm not sure about a final Smash.

T-major

Smash Champion
didn't the lighting bolt item kill all on screen enemies? really, I think that should be his Final Smash, instead of invisibility... but then again, invisibility is one of his signiture abilities... hmm, I'm in a pickle here...

The lighting power seems more suited towards a final smash than invisibility (which, I think, would be a little annoying); but on the other hand, the invisibility skill needs to be included as part of his move set, (it's part of what makes him original compared to other samurai's.) but I can't think of another way to incorperate it...hmm.

how about some of these for the lighting:
  • they could make the lightning just a regular item, having send multiple bolts down across the stage.
  • They could give Takamaru an attack thats a variation of the bolt skill. the moves we have for him in the first post are just speculation and aren't set in stone, so he could very well have a special that uses lightning. it would, of course, have to be different from Pikachu's Thunder. any ideas?
  • make some of his attacks have a lightning effect. it's more abstract then the other ones, but would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom