• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Yeah, If there was gonna be an AC character, it would've been Tom nook. They just have a symbol for AC, because it has a stage and items.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, If there was gonna be an AC character, it would've been Tom nook. They just have a symbol for AC, because it has a stage and items.
I don't believe that...They don't have an icon only because a stage is represented...there is most likely going to be a character

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't believe that...They don't have an icon only because a stage is represented...there is most likely going to be a character
I completely agree. There's a stage, a symbol, music, AND an item. An AC character is all but officially confirmed.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I completely agree. There's a stage, a symbol, music, AND an item. An AC character is all but officially confirmed.
I want to believe that too, but who would they use? Resetti? Nook? I just can't be so easily convinced the symbol means so much.

Think of this guys. In melee when you select a stage the icon of that stage appears. How proper would it be for Sakurai to allow a smash icon to appear for that stage. It only makes since he makes the icon too. Dr. Wright doesn't have a icon because Dr. Wright doesn't have a stage. Dr. Wright doesn't appear on screen with an icon joining him so giving him an icon is pointless as with Smashville serves a purpose (pro AC downed again)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Animal Crossing could use Nook, Resetti, Kapp'n, Totakeke, the main character/player (Animal Crosser? Villager?), among others.

Nazo no Murasame-jou is lucky, however; only one character choice exists: Takamaru! =)

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing could use Nook, Resetti, Kapp'n, Totakeke, the main character/player (Animal Crosser? Villager?), among others.

Nazo no Murasame-jou is lucky, however; only one character choice exists: Takamaru! =)
Aren't some of those people in the backround of the AC stage?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Who the hell would be the character then? Enlighten me.

TAKAMARU FOR BRAWL
I already responded to this question a few posts ago.

Also, seeing the IC's cleats immediately brought to mind Takamaru's geta. Imagine Footstool Jumping with those! :grin:

T-major

Smash Champion
Who the hell would be the character then? Enlighten me.

TAKAMARU FOR BRAWL
probably Tom Nook. he's arguably the most recognizable. K.K. could work too, but he's againced fighting, so it would be againced his character to be a playable fighter.

:EDIT:

what are "geta"? are those the sandals with square blocks on the bottom?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
probably Tom Nook. he's arguably the most recognizable. K.K. could work too, but he's againced fighting, so it would be againced his character to be a playable fighter.

:EDIT:

what are "geta"? are those the sandals with square blocks on the bottom?

They don't show playable characters in the backgrounds of stages as decoration. K.K. and Nook are both in the BG of Smashville. Don't give me that crap about him not being in the background when he's being played, because they wouldn't have bothered putting him in the background if he were playable.

T-major

Smash Champion
They don't show playable characters in the backgrounds of stages as decoration. K.K. and Nook are both in the BG of Smashville. Don't give me that crap about him not being in the background when he's being played, because they wouldn't have bothered putting him in the background if he were playable.
... he won't be in the background when your playing as them. :p

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
WHY would they have put him in the background in the first place if he was playable? Answer me that.

TAKAMARU FOR BRAWL!

T-major

Smash Champion
WHY would they have put him in the background in the first place if he was playable? Answer me that.

TAKAMARU FOR BRAWL!
because they wanted to... Smashville is a very interactive stage. it changes based on real time, and the characters in the background follow whats going on in the fight. making a character not appear in the background when playing as him is pretty simple to do; and since AC is a well know and popular Nintendo game, they franchise deserves a character.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Im with Smash Master, i doubt they would even bother putting them in the background if they wern t going to use them as playable.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Hey T-Major, I will bet you $100 that Nook or K.K. won't be playable. No scratch that, that there won't be an AC playable. Even the character that scored multiple times on the list (The AC human) got deconfirmed and is in the background.

But anyway, Takamaru has great chances. Sakurai can't ignore the poll. I do believe he didn't even post ALL the characters mentioned. I do believe he only posted the ones that intriged him (Or made him laugh). Sorry Bowser Jr. fans. =P

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey T-Major, I will bet you $100 that Nook or K.K. won't be playable. No scratch that, that there won't be an AC playable. Even the character that scored multiple times on the list (The AC human) got deconfirmed and is in the background.
Off-Topic: Actually, there is more than one AC human, unlike Tom Nook or K.K., so it wouldn't be odd for one of them to be fighting on the stage. I think there can be a total of seven humans in one town at a time in Wild World. One human being played, three sleeping in the house, and a possible three invited via online.

On-Topic: Reading the translation of Sakurai's poll makes me think that Takamaru is even more likely.

Takamaru for Brawl.

T-major

Smash Champion
murasame totally needs to be in this game. he's too badass not to be takamaru's boss.
he wouldn't happen to be this boss would he?

because a head floating among the milky way would be totally rockin'!

Hey T-Major, I will bet you $100 that Nook or K.K. won't be playable. No scratch that, that there won't be an AC playable.
no.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Sorry what? Is this some kind of Takamaru/Animal Crossing thread? Cos I don't think it is.

Also, Takamaru would make a great addition to Brawl, although, considering we've got Link, Ike, Meta-Knight, probably Marth and Ganondorf all using swords, his chances may be diminished.

Although, having said that, we've got Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Wario, Squirtle, Charizard, Diddy Kong and probably about 10 other characters including Luigi, Skiek, Captain Falcon and Mr. Game & Watch all using their fists... so, why not?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think there's enough to Takamaru's character to make him a unique character from the other swordsmen. None of the others so far strike me as being close to similar to a samurai style anyway.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea but they all use different sword styles...and Marth isnt confirmed....and thats like saying no more fist fighters cuz Mario, Luigi, DK, Bowser, Fox, etc.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
yea but they all use different sword styles...and Marth isnt confirmed....and thats like saying no more fist fighters cuz Mario, Luigi, DK, Bowser, Fox, etc.
Ugh... learn to read.
I'm in favour of Takamaru. I'm saying that Takamaru stands a fine chance because their's no such thing as too many characters using the same weapon.

Also, I never said Marth was confirmed and I never said Ganondorf would use a sword. I did say "probably" however.

Please, all of you go back to school, then maybe we can untangle these lexical wires.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Sorry what? Is this some kind of Takamaru/Animal Crossing thread? Cos I don't think it is.

Also, Takamaru would make a great addition to Brawl, although, considering we've got Link, Ike, Meta-Knight, probably Marth and Ganondorf all using swords, his chances may be diminished.
*big warning ahead: if you dont like large, overexaggerated outbursts of anger in text format, the whole please skip the following post. reader discresion is advised.*

RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
HOW MANY PEOPLE BRING UP THE WHOLE "lolololol 2 many sord uzers!!!11" BULLCRAP!!!? ITS COMPLETE BULL! SAKURAI SAID NOWHERE THAT HE WAS GOING TO EXLUDE CHARACTERS BECAUSE THEY USE SWORDS!!!!! WHAT SO BAD ABOUT A SWORD?! ITS NOT LIKE A SWORD IS A ALLMIGHTY HOLY WEAPON TO BE USED BY A CERTAIN NUMBER OF PEOPLE!!! ITS A COMMON VIDEO GAME WEAPON!!!!!!!

PLUS, TAKAMARU IS A SAMURAI!!!! A SA-MU-RAI! THEY DONT FIGHT LIKE EUROPEAN SWORDSMEN! THEY FIGHT ALL SAMURAI-LIKE! WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN EUROPEAN SWORD STYLES!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
AND WHAT MAKES FIST-FIGHTERS SO SPECIAL, THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT THEM!!?? THERES PLENTY OF FIST-FIGHTERS IN SMASH, BUT nooooooo~! nobody cares about fist-fighters.

PLUS, WHEN DID SAKURAI SAY THAT HE WOULDN'T INCLUDE TOO MANY SWORD USING CHARACTERS? THIS IS ALL BULLKFHGALH;UTWLHJSDJLGJHGJGGHGJHAGJGJGHAGVVSJKLGS'
UUGUHRRGTUVBVCNGH
[/endhorriblyoverexageratedrant:p]

but seriously, I'm sick of all the sword hatin' round here. enlighten me, when did sakurai say that he would avoid sword users? HE DIDN'T :O!!!!

E: lol, I misread it. well, I'm still keeping the rant, since I took a long time to type it >:O

T-major

Smash Champion
*big warning ahead: if you dont like large, overexaggerated outbursts of anger in text format, the whole please skip the following post. reader discresion is advised.*

vvvRantvvv
I agree! it really is a horrible excuse...

does anyone know where I can find a stand alone picture of Takamaru from the cover of Murasame? (preferably rendered)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Ugh... learn to read.
I'm in favour of Takamaru. I'm saying that Takamaru stands a fine chance because their's no such thing as too many characters using the same weapon.

Also, I never said Marth was confirmed and I never said Ganondorf would use a sword. I did say "probably" however.

Please, all of you go back to school, then maybe we can untangle these lexical wires.

Since when is a katana the same weapon as a broadsword?

T-major

Smash Champion
I reeeeealy hope so. Even tho i like takamaru, his old concept art looks outdated and just crappy.
so is your face!

... seriously though, his original concept art is awesome. it's in a that old-school anime style which I love; but still, he should get a slight redesign. nothing major, maybe some designs on his red vest thing, or a symbol on the back (which Samurai's generally have). I also think his hair should be more black as apposed to blue; possibly black, but looks blue if at a certant angle and/or light.

overall, I don't think he needs that much of a design change, because he looks cool the way he is.

Top Bottom