• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

T-major

Smash Champion
Chibi Takamaru made me smile! :D ..... I should do some fan art...

anyways, I've really run out of things to discuss regarding Takamaru... D: SOMEBODY THINK OF SOMETHING!!!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
ummm....how bout.....

sound effects...

should a few of his attacks recycle the sound effects of the same move used in his game? like if he deflects a projectile with his sword or if he goes invisible...

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
ummm....how bout.....

sound effects...

should a few of his attacks recycle the sound effects of the same move used in his game? like if he deflects a projectile with his sword or if he goes invisible...
They SHOULD do that!

I guess all I have left to say is that Sakurai really does like Takamaru and didn't mind the idea of him appearing in Smash, back after the original SSB he said that since he hadn't been in any recent games it would be unlikely and he expressed some pretty funny dissapointment in that saying (**** it!). This was after the first game was made mind u, so of course he wasn't in melee, of course also I wonder why they put Ice Climbers in...
Now that the Famicom mini is out (as that is how Pit got in), his inclusion should be in the bag, as his only disadvantage is being Japan-only which isn't really against him anymore.

T-major

Smash Champion
ummm....how bout.....

sound effects...

that would be awesome! those sound effects are super sweet!

whats Kibuki-palming?

T-major

Smash Champion
I actually just made up the term, but its what happens when a someone hops on one foot, and repeatedly thrusts thier palm at the opponent.

[scary picture goes here]

like this.
I dont think it really has a name, but a lot of anime characters use it.
oh, I know what you mean; thats not very ninja-samurai like though... it's awesome, but not fitting of the character... wait... KIBUKI ALT COSTUME FOR TAKAMARU!! YEAAAAAAHHH!!!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think Takamaru's colors/alts should be:

Red: black vest and belt, red shirt and pants, goldent gauntlets
Blue: green vest and belt, blue shirt and pants, silver gauntlets
Green: purple vest and belt, green shirt and pants, golden gauntlets
White: red vest, really light blue shirt(almost white), white pants and belt, silver gauntlets
Black: white vest and belt, black shirt and pants, silver gauntlets

maybe having an alt. with samurai armor....hehehe...

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Ah never mind, apparently Iwata said that this a very fan focused project so... I'm geussing he is in... good... to bad the game is delayed...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
^^Double posting is frowned upon y'know...

But yes, I am hoping by the fact that Brawl is focused on the fans that we'll finally see some old faces again - or for the first time for many of us with respect to franchises either not released outside of Japan or relatively obscure in today's game market. Of course that could also mean we'll just be seeing more Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters, but I'm hoping that's not the case...

Anyways, if we're lucky enough to get Takamaru, I hope that Sakurai implements a friendly rivalry between him and Link, as he's pretty much Link's Edo Era Japan counterpart (Nazo no Murasame-jou is the original Lenend of Zelda's sister game, after all...).

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
WOW...I never noticed how much cloud and isaac resemble each other. Isaac looks like his little brother :laugh:. (tirkaro's sig)

anyway, Takumaru's gotta be in Brawl. Does Nintendo's first samurai ring a bell?

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru's chances went up today after a, as I am now calling it, "decon-a-thon." get it?
Anyways, so many possible characters are assist trophies or otherwise, and his not being one is a good sign.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
That, and we already got two mildly similar samurai trophies (Lyn and Samurai Goroh) why in the hell would he AT Takamaru unless he's out of his mind and doesn't want more original ATs.

Srsly, Takamaru was made for Brawl.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I know I've said this many times before, but at this point... I will say he's 99.9% playable. Notice how anyone who can have a moveset and has more than one entry in that journal is ending up playable? I just wonder what his stage will be and how they will translate the name for the stage screen and how they will dub his voice.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Alright everyone...Time for a leap in logic.

One of the notable features of Nazo no Murasamejou was its early use of a context sensitive button IE A threw knives but, if an enemy was close, Takamaru would slash with his sword instead. Sin & Punishment uses a similar concept in that Saki shoots if an enemy is far (enough) away or non-existant and slashes if they're close (enough). The Saki assist trophy follows this sort of pattern in that it follows people while shooting and then slashes them when it catches up.

Now...what does this say about Takamaru's chances? Lyn and Goroh have the whole katana thing covered while Saki has the whole pseudo-context sensitive thing covered. Then again, there're plenty of other things they could use for a Takamaru AT. However, with the main things covered and the high number of Takamaru-mentioning letters on the Contribution Fist, I think Takamaru's chances may have risen slightly, despite my disbelief that such a thing is measurable.

Hong

The Strongest
Since swimming has been confirmed, hopefully they won't goof up and forget to have Takamaru walking on water. :p

T-major

Smash Champion
http://eforall.gamepro.com/player.cfm?vId=116940
They gave enough demonstrations of it in action to be made clear that it is an ability, which will more likely than not be limited to some characters and not others (Kind of like crawling).
oh yeah, I saw it. cool!

anyways, if swimming is in, I think that Takamaru being able to walk on water is very possible. question is: will it be automatic, or require you to do something?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
oh yeah, I saw it. cool!

anyways, if swimming is in, I think that Takamaru being able to walk on water is very possible. question is: will it be automatic, or require you to do something?
You needed a power up item in order to perform that in the game so it would most likely it will still be treated as such... Then again, there seems to be little use of water terrain in the game overall, so it most likely wouldn't be implemented at all...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It'd probably be automatic. You'd just have to keep moving, of course. (On a slight tangent, should this be specific to Takamaru or would other characters be able to do it like...Luigi or maybe Sheik? [If she's in as well.])

Hong

The Strongest
Water walkers would definately be Takamaru and Mewtwo if water walking is present. Sheik also sounds viable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Water walkers would definately be Takamaru and Mewtwo if water walking is present. Sheik also sounds viable.
Apparently Sonic could run so fast as to get across water like that but NO swimming for him

tirkaro

Smash Champion
heh, water walking. I wonder what he would do if there was an entirely underwater stage?

so anyway, what do you suppose takamaru's subspace storyline will be? I'm guessing it will have something to do with the subspace army reviving murasame, and the shogunate sends takamaru, now a more professional and well-known samurai, out to destroy him, leading to an epic battle with link.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
heh, water walking. I wonder what he would do if there was an entirely underwater stage?

so anyway, what do you suppose takamaru's subspace storyline will be? I'm guessing it will have something to do with the subspace army reviving murasame, and the shogunate sends takamaru, now a more professional and well-known samurai, out to destroy him, leading to an epic battle with link.
Subspace is probably main character exclusive only, this is of course assuming he is unlockable.

I was wondering if icon no. 19 was for Takamaru. If it's not a 3rd party, judging by the character suggestions it's either Takamaru or Olimar, maybe even Isaac, as everyone else requested is already in an established franchise...

Since they dubbed Meta Knight's and Pit's voice they'd probably mess with him as well, of course I'm not even playing the game in English...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Subspace is probably main character exclusive only, this is of course assuming he is unlockable.
perhaps if you unlock more characters, and play through the SE again, you can play "hidden" subspace levels with the unlockable characters.

I was wondering if icon no. 19 was for Takamaru. If it's not a 3rd party, judging by the character suggestions it's either Takamaru or Olimar, maybe even Isaac, as everyone else requested is already in an established franchise...
I still say people should take the icon theory with 1/10th of a grain of salt.

Since they dubbed........Pit's voice they'd probably mess with him as well, of course I'm not even playing the game in English...
they dubbed pits voice? from what I hear, he sounds very......japanese 0_o. oh well.
an english voice wouldn't really fit takamaru. hes kinda one to keep his voice in japanese, being japan-only and all. but if they do, at least we'll be able to hear marth in english for once.

Hong

The Strongest
You needed a power up item in order to perform that in the game so it would most likely it will still be treated as such... Then again, there seems to be little use of water terrain in the game overall, so it most likely wouldn't be implemented at all...
They coded little details like the spotlight won't detect Snake if he's under a box, so I think they'll go out to get little details like if a character can walk on water or not. o.o

Power-ups are definately irrelevant. Samus' infinite missiles, Mario's Fireball or Link's Bombs.

T-major

Smash Champion
they dubbed pits voice? from what I hear, he sounds very......japanese 0_o. oh well.
an english voice wouldn't really fit takamaru. hes kinda one to keep his voice in japanese, being japan-only and all. but if they do, at least we'll be able to hear marth in english for once.
yeah, Pit has an English voice. in one of his Victory poses, he says something like "Victory is ours!".

and yeah, Japanese Takamaru FTW. for one, he's a Japan only character; he's also Japanese... like, literally from Japan... fudal-era Japan no less. I don't think he would even know how to speak English.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
This guy has no place in brawl outside of a sticker or maybe a trophy. He's not even AT caliber. His series is defunct, his village sacked, his abilities redundant. So what he swings his sword differently. There are already a bunch of bladesmen with more likely to come. Takamaru is WAY to obscure, and unlike Mr. Game and Watch (or Skapon, for that matter) he has no real credentials to warrant his inclusion. Of course I'm going to get swarmed by kids acting like they've been fans all their lives lol. No one cares outside of a couple forums...oh well. You might as well post this character in the graveyard right now roffle

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
This guy has no place in brawl outside of a sticker or maybe a trophy. He's not even AT caliber. His series is defunct, his village sacked, his abilities redundant. So what he swings his sword differently. There are already a bunch of bladesmen with more likely to come. Takamaru is WAY to obscure, and unlike Mr. Game and Watch (or Skapon, for that matter) he has no real credentials to warrant his inclusion. Of course I'm going to get swarmed by kids acting like they've been fans all their lives lol. No one cares outside of a couple forums...oh well. You might as well post this character in the graveyard right now roffle
How are you today?

Fine?

that's good.

Top Bottom