• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

T-major

Smash Champion
did you make those? if so, then WOW!! fuxing Kick @$$!!!

also, I might try to animate this... but only if I feel like it... which, at the moment, I don't... after my nachos, maybe... if someone could animate it, I could then make an epic sig to go with it...

EDIT: hey guys, I got a problem.

I downloaded the Nazo no Murasame jou ROM, but I seem to have gotten an error

anyone know something about this? any help on how to fix it?

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Get a different version of visualboy.

I'm hoping that if Takamaru appears on the site, it's soon. I'm working on a drawing of Link, Pit, Samus, and hopefully him in their Brawl form...

If anyone is searching for the literal GBA game, there is one up on ebay, unfortunately it's being sold by someone in the US so it's set at the unlogical price of 45 bucks..,

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Takamaru? Sounds like the guy from Tenchu? What is his significance? Excuse my ignorance as I am new to the Smash world.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
You could always read the first post. o.o
I see. That first post is definately nice work. A samurai would be a perfect addition to the video game. My deepest apologies once again for I don't know many of these "retro" characters.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
he is another sword fighter, one that isnt well known, and was japan only(for a time). but he seems unique, I dont think I want him in brawl, he seems a little unessicary.

Hong

The Strongest
I see. That first post is definately nice work. A samurai would be a perfect addition to the video game. My deepest apologies once again for I don't know many of these "retro" characters.
No need to apologize. Not only is he a retro character, but he has never been seen on American consoles.

parrothead

Smash Lord
he is another sword fighter, one that isnt well known, and was japan only(for a time). but he seems unique, I dont think I want him in brawl, he seems a little unessicary.
He is another sword fighter, but unlike the Fire Emblem characters and Link, Takamaru is a samurai that not only uses a katana, but also uses shuriken, fire, and a lightning explosive.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru is quickly sounding like a great Classic addition to SSBB, much like in the same respects as the ICs and G&W.

I support, and the Famicon Theme remake by Koji Kondo is AMAZING. It is really that great of a piece of music.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Did anyone know that there is a board game based on Nazo no Murasame-jo? It was developed by Bandai.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Holy crap, that's too awesome. Got higher quality scans/pics of it?

I don't like the art on the cover, though, although it is a nice idea of how Takamaru would look realistically Japanese (without the bad drawing, I mean, it does give you the idea in terms of hair and skin color). I'm hoping if he gets a major revamp, he'll look like he was a character from Vagabond.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think the link is broken....(it is for me...)

I hope they revive Takamaru's game internationally....its a great idea and fits perfectly witht the Wii....

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here is chibi-Takamaru:

And here are the front covers of some mangas or strategy guides for the game:

I think the link is broken....(it is for me...)

I hope they revive Takamaru's game internationally....its a great idea and fits perfectly witht the Wii....
What link? The link to the image? It's now fixed.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
oh takamaru. is your hair supposed to be blue or black? the world may never know. XP

someone better scanlate those mangas. people perhaps will, if takamaru gets in brawl, and more people are familliar with him.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
WTF? He should have been in the FIRST Smash.

He's gonna end up with black hair...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure Takamaru is making it into the game...I'm hoping for a stage for him!

...I'd want Sukapon too but I don't think that's happening:urg:

T-major

Smash Champion
A board game? holy Marketing Ploys Batman!

Really, with the amount of interest that Sakurai has shown in Takamaru, and how much Nintendo remembers his series, I say he's a shoe in! in fact, I would be surprised if he didn't get in.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
...I'd want Sukapon too but I don't think that's happening:urg:
Too true, which is kinda sad. But hey, Sakurai only said that Skapon wasn't gonna be a future Smash many years ago, he probably had problems implementing him in as a character on the Gamecube hardware, which he obviously isn't working with anymore with Brawl.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Too true, which is kinda sad. But hey, Sakurai only said that Skapon wasn't gonna be a future Smash many years ago, he probably had problems implementing him in as a character on the Gamecube hardware, which he obviously isn't working with anymore with Brawl.
And the fact that he started on Sukapon then abandoned him proves it. I'm sure Sukapon would just end up as an AT

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And the fact that he started on Sukapon then abandoned him proves it. I'm sure Sukapon would just end up as an AT
I think you missed the point of my post. I'm saying that now that Sakurai is working with different, more powerful software than the Gamecube (not by much, but it is more powerful; and not to mention he has had more time to work on Brawl than Melee), he could probably implement the character in and overcome the problems he had in the past.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I think you missed the point of my post. I'm saying that now that Sakurai is working with different, more powerful software than the Gamecube (not by much, but it is more powerful; and not to mention he has had more time to work on Brawl than Melee), he could probably implement the character in and overcome the problems he had in the past.
I don't mind Skapon, but to play devils advocate, there had to have been more problems than just that, otherwise I don't see why he would say don't expect him anymore, he would have considered the fact that the next Smash would be on better hardware, yet, he still made the comment...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't mind Skapon, but to play devils advocate, there had to have been more problems than just that, otherwise I don't see why he would say don't expect him anymore, he would have considered the fact that the next Smash would be on better hardware, yet, he still made the comment...
Well it was many years ago and he didn't know the power of the wii back then

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Well it was many years ago and he didn't know the power of the wii back then
Not knowing the power of it really had nothing to do with it, it would obviously be BETTER, is what I'm saying, yet he went ahead and said not to expect him. But then again he never gave a reason why he was scrapped in the first place... So it might not have been just physics.

T-major

Smash Champion
maybe he changed his mind? he might have said that Sukapon wouldn't be in any future smash games back then (which was a few years ago), but it's certainly a possibility that he changed his mind, or found a solution to whatever problem he might have had.

also, I had a dream last night of an SSE cut scene that showed Ike calling Takamaru out of a Fudal-era styled castle... you didn't see takamaru though. after that it showed the Dojo, and Takamaru was confirmed, and his Symbol was a katana... but my dream changed before I could scroll down to see him... T^T

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Hey, there's plenty of water in this game. Think he will have the ability to walk on it?

Top Bottom