• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This guy has no place in brawl outside of a sticker or maybe a trophy. He's not even AT caliber. His series is defunct, his village sacked, his abilities redundant. So what he swings his sword differently. There are already a bunch of bladesmen with more likely to come. Takamaru is WAY to obscure, and unlike Mr. Game and Watch (or Skapon, for that matter) he has no real credentials to warrant his inclusion. Of course I'm going to get swarmed by kids acting like they've been fans all their lives lol. No one cares outside of a couple forums...oh well. You might as well post this character in the graveyard right now roffle
*looks at join date*
haha. your joking right? please, oh god tell me your joking.......... you aren't joking, are you.....
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? oh well, instead of staying here, yelling like a maniac, I might as well do my whole "pick apart ignorant persons post" thing:

This guy has no place in brawl outside of a sticker or maybe a trophy. He's not even AT caliber.
fun fact: any post that starts like that is going to be stupid and ignorant. woo boy, this will be fun ^_^.

His series is defunct,
just like pit, ice climbers, and G&W, AMIRITE LAWL

his village sacked,
....eh?

his abilities redundant. So what he swings his sword differently.
so what if people punch differently? so what if people kick differently? heck, by your logic, pretty much every character in any fighting game is a bunch of red squares and blue squares. takamaru is currently the most unique swordsman so far, not to mention he has other abilities, like invisibilty, lighting bolts, fireballs, etc. that only goes to show you know absolutely nothing of what your talking about, and need to get out.

There are already a bunch of bladesmen with more likely to come.
like takamaru
Takamaru is WAY to obscure, and unlike Mr. Game and Watch (or Skapon, for that matter) he has no real credentials to warrant his inclusion.
AHAHAHAHHAA *wheeze, koff*
*wipes tear* yeah thats a good one.
judging by that one sentance, its pretty obvious you know nothing about the topic at hand. I dont even need to tell you that NnMJ is one of the most famous cult video game characters in japan, was the best selling famicom mini game (which were for the GAME BOY ADVANCE), and has a currently growing fanbase in the west. not to mention he ranked 4th place on the polls (which have yet to fail us, save sonic.) and has been considered by sakurai long before brawl was being developed. and you would also know that NnMJ is one of the games that sakurai tried out in order to find inspiration for character's moves.

Of course I'm going to get swarmed by kids acting like they've been fans all their lives lol. No one cares outside of a couple forums...oh well. You might as well post this character in the graveyard right now roffle
the perfect ending to the typical n00b's post. and to think you have been here since 05. *tsk tsk*

so anyway, to sum this all up:

segata sanshiro frowns apon your post.

Hong

The Strongest
his village sacked
OMG STOP THE VILLAGE SACKING
PLZ ITS HORRIBLE
OH THE HUMANITY

LINKS VILLAGE GOT SACKED PRETTY GOOD SO I GUESS THEY BETTER DELETE HIS PRETTY BOI FAEC FROM THE ROSTER

AWW YEEEEEEEE

blayde_axel

Smash Master
dude. how did you get past the censors? OMG 1337 HAX!!1!1!2!!

and yeah, noob got owned. Takamaru for Brawl.... you know what, I'm going to play his game right now! *searches for ROM*
That is illegal, you know. *Quotes Crappy Link game for CD-i*

We need a Japanese style swordsman, anyway. We have a bit too many European style... and whatever Link is.

BTW, no, I don't have a prob with ROM's. lol.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
LOL here come the fanboys.

My post.... tirelessly dissected! Gasp!

Owned...gasp!

Takamaru...LAME and likely not on the roster? YES!

edit: hahaaaaa @ a growing following in the west. Yeah, maybe on this forum.

@ bestselling minigame = another laugh. If this character was worth anything why doesn't he have more to his credit than a dead series and a minigame? Nm, I know the answer. Ice Climber blew, but he's in...so yeah, Takamaru has a shot by virtue of a horrible character being in. And he doesn't compare to GW by a longshot.

Dry your eyes, little fanboy. Your opinion of this character is highly inflated. And you might want to do something about all that coughing. I suggest not screaming in rage at your computer screen because your overrated character got deservedly trashed.

T-major

Smash Champion
@ bestselling minigame = another laugh. If this character was worth anything why doesn't he have more to his credit than a dead series and a minigame? Nm, I know the answer. Ice Climber blew, but he's in...so yeah, Takamaru has a shot by virtue of a horrible character being in. And he doesn't compare to GW by a longshot.
it's not a mini game... it's a RE-RELEASE of his original game. thats completely different, and is also the reason that Pit got in....

owned twice...

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
it's not a mini game... it's a RE-RELEASE of his original game. thats completely different, and is also the reason that Pit got in....

owned twice...
tikaro said:
best selling famicom mini game (which were for the GAME BOY ADVANCE)
The only one owned is this guy...and you when Sakurai deconfirms this character. And what is this Pit getting in because of a re-release? You think Takamaru is on par with Pit? loooooooooool

FANBOYS, WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT

I'll budge though, Tak has a chance... in SSB4. Maybe

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The only one owned is this guy...and you when Sakurai deconfirms this character.
*sigh*
you dont get it do you? further proof you have no idea about the topic at hand.
see, over in 2004, they released a collection of GBA games called "famicom mini" basically, they're just ports of old famicom games for the GBA. so nazo no murasame joh was the best selling of these "famicom mini" titles in japan. (the famicom mini series was also released in the west as "NES classics" but they didn't do very well). sakurai said before he would consider takamaru depending on how well his famicom mini game (AS IN A GAME BELONGING TO THE FAMICOM MINI SERIES YOU F*CKING IDIOT) which is also why pit got in. now, NnMJ was the BEST selling of them all (in japan), if that doesn't say anything, then, theres no hope left for you.

well at least we got you somewhere :) now take your leave, plz ^-^

T-major

Smash Champion
The only one owned is this guy...and you when Sakurai deconfirms this character. And what is this Pit getting in because of a re-release? You think Takamaru is on par with Pit? loooooooooool

FANBOYS, WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT

I don't see how Tikaro got owned by saying it was a best selling game... it was, so he's stating a fact... you can't get owned by stating a fact.

and Pit got in because Kid Icarus was re-released for GBA, thus making his game more well known and popular, which caused people to request him for SSBB.

Takamaru's game got re-released (and sold better than Kid Icarus, I might add) for GBA in japan, which made his game more well know and popular, and now he's tied for third on Sakurai's list of most requested character for Brawl....

that, sir, is how Takamaru is on par with pit.

seriously! get your facts strait before you start trolling! it just makes you look like an idiot...

parrothead

Smash Lord
I just got done watching Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel, and they were testing out different kinds of katanas hitting other different kinds of katanas on how strong they are. Some of them got dents, a couple of them wobbled, and a couple of them got cut in two. Wonder what kind of katana Takamaru uses? I bet he also knows tameshigiri.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
I just got done watching Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel, and they were testing out different kinds of katanas hitting other different kinds of katanas on how strong they are. Some of them got dents, a couple of them wobbled, and a couple of them got cut in two. Wonder what kind of katana Takamaru uses? I bet he also knows tameshigiri.
Yeah, I was watchin something like that three days ago. That show was pretty good. More the reason to include Takamaru.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Characters that would get in before Takamaru:

Starfy
Exclamation Warriors (duo)
Ray (most recent incarnation)
Skapon

cya in 8 yrs takamooroo! ssb4 ftw

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman

Starfy
Skapon

Did you have a good dinner? Chicken, green beans, maybe a lil macaroni and cheese?

that's good. Glad you ate well tonite.;)

T-major

Smash Champion

Starfy
Skapon

who the hell are the exclamation warriors?...

why would any of those characters get in before Takamaru? they can all be in at the same time you know, so either way it doesn't matter...

parrothead

Smash Lord
The Exclamation Warriors can still enter, because Roy appeared in SSBM before Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals was released. Also, some Animal Crossing characters and one Cubivore character were SSBM Trophies before their titles were released in North America. Captain Olimar and the Pikmin appeared in SSBM as Trophies, while Pikmin 1 and SSBM were released almost simultaneously.

There is more than one Ray. They are like the many different Ultramen. Ray Mk II appeared in SSBM as a Trophy, because he was the most recent and most popular Ray in the Custom Robo series. Right now, Ray Mk II's look has been slightly updated, while Ray Mk III is the newest Ray model of the series.

Stafy wasn't mentioned in the SSBB poll, and neither did Pokémon Trainer. Stafy is quite popular in Japan.

The four Japan-Only characters that have the highest chances at entering SSBB as playable characters, in my opinion are Takamaru, DeMille, Stafy and Skapon.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the addition of Takamaru can do nothing but benefit Nintendo....it adds a unique character into a unique game AND can do what Marth and Roy did to Fire Emblem...and the Wii needs more solid titles...

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
*sigh*
so nazo no murasame joh was the best selling of these "famicom mini" titles in japan. (the famicom mini series was also released in the west as "NES classics" but they didn't do very well).
http://geimin.net/da/mini.php

According to that, it ranks 27th out of 30. That certainly is not the best selling.

sakurai said before he would consider takamaru depending on how well his famicom mini game
Where did you hear this?

According to Sakurai's comments posted on the official Nintendo Super Smash Bros. board in regards to the poll on what people's favourite newcomers were back in May 2006, he said Pit was a character he knew was popular in both Japan and America. The same cannot be said for Takamaru.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
http://geimin.net/da/mini.php

According to that, it ranks 27th out of 30. That certainly is not the best selling.
0_o? then why the hell was it so hard for me to find the cartrage then!?
but anyway, it still outsold kid icarus, yet pit got in....... huh.........
(still, hikari shinwa and nazo no murasame were released a lot later than the rest, having belonged to series 3, if that counts for anything.....)

Where did you hear this?
It was a response to a fan letter a good while ago (somewhere back in 2004 I believe) that he would definetly consider/put in (I forget which) pit and takamaru (and I think another character, but I'm not too sure) depending on how well they're famicom mini games do. I heard this on a different board, but I'm sure you can find it around here if you dig around enough.

According to Sakurai's comments posted on the official Nintendo Super Smash Bros. board in regards to the poll on what people's favourite newcomers were back in May 2006, he said Pit was a character he knew was popular in both Japan and America. The same cannot be said for Takamaru.
man, I know. Its almost as stupid as the people who think the japan-only lucas will be in, when you could have always put in ness! the fools I say! :p

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman

Starfy
Skapon

Are you okay in the head?

To the N-Sider forum he said he knew Pit was popular in the U.S. in the suggestion comment he said he decided to add Pit because of his Famicom Mini re-release. In Japan Takamaru=Pit, in comments asking for Takamaru to appear they basically stated "if Pit can get in, Takamaru can to". I know one in specific said he would like Murasame and Kid Icarus remixes to boot. Generally, that's how most oldskool Japan gamers feel, I also go to Japan fan boards and ANYONE who brings up Takamaru ALWAYS generally makes that relation to Pit. I know Takamaru will appear in this game, and objectively, he would probably be a playable character.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
That list is for worldwide statistics, of course it's gonna be on the bottom. But when you chop it down to only in Japan, he had quite a high number of sales.
ah, no wonder. I knew something was fishy there.

extremely off topic, but:

could someone with uber 1337 gif making skillz make a "takamaru for brawl!" animation with these sprites?

......yeah, I know I'm not the greatest spriter in the universe, bite me. :skull:

Top Bottom