• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

AXE 09

Smash Master
yup, i agree with all you guys too. brawl sux lol.

MR J! DARN IT! WE GOTTA SMASH! NOW!!!!!

oh and snaps! we have people from cali coming to AZ? that's awesome!

btw, Vectorman sux at melee

(jk don't **** me:chuckle:)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
This is part of the reason I don't like Brawl (personal hate, HURR).

Despite Pikachu's epic down taunt, I HATE THE **** CHAIN GRABBING.

inb4playtowinormanup

AXE 09

Smash Master
dude, that DBR vid... holy crap. that was freakin awesome lol. oh and Gamer, Brawl's an alright game, but i don't think that it compares at all to melee. to me, melee's just so much more awesome. brawl's alright though lol.

darn it mr. j... i've been trying to reach you all day today! but i never got to you ='( we're all playing tomorrow, you better call me! i wanna smash

AXE 09

Smash Master
good question. probably both. but i'm not really sure if anyone's up for smashing today or not... if not, i'll probably go over to joey's house again. anyone who wants to play, call me

Duff0

Smash Ace
It's way hard to be good at Melee and Brawl at the same time...

I'm trying to practice both equally, along with smash 64, which I play a lot.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
i know what ya mean Duff0. I used to be really good at melee. wavedashing, shineing, and all that advanced stuff. but ive played brawl so long. when i try to play melee, i suck ***. and i used to play the N64 smash but i have only 1 working controller. so yea...i never have some1 to play. besides computers

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Jeff you should call me noob.. i'm bored too.. and we can play whatever Brawl, melee whatever,, (even thought Melee is better WAY better..) but it doesn't matter.. We can do both.. And BTW -

Beating an opponent is SSBM actually meant something beating someone in SSBB - still undetermined... Jus doesn't feel as if you how can i say beat someone crazy good or something.. idk =/

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Brawl has a luck factor involved. Beating someone in Brawl is not the same as beating someone in Melee. Anyone can win in Brawl if you know what you're doing. It's easy.

Also, if you play defensively and campy, you have a greater chance of winning, no joke.

M

Mangekyou

Melee had a bunch of glitches in the game that people exploited. I really do think Nintendo would make a game with the intentions of only having a a handful of characters that are better then the rest. That is why Brawl really doesn't have tiers (Exception Wolf).

A fighting game should play like rock, paper, scissors, but Melee added HURRICANE to that formula. Melee's top tier chars could own face all of the rest. I mean come on how many people would main Bowser, Pichu, or Mewtwo... Now don't get me wrong I am sure some players out there were very good with the low tier chars. But we all know that Falco, Shiek, and Fox players would murder most of the time.

Brawl is good because the playing field is now even. It has MUCH MUCH more balance just like Guilty Gear or Street Fighter. The random tripping.... I cannot defend that, it is really pointless.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
there were no glitches in melee. wavedashing and l-cancellling were both very intentional.

top tier characters could be chaingrabbed by like 15 others.

M

Mangekyou

In the original Smash bro's the only char that could L cancel was Link and his Dair. So I am sure they did intend to add that to Melee.. Same with techs other fighter games use it.

Wave dashing was not intended to be in Melee. But this is a subject has been debated for a while(Good ol Gamefaqs). Melee is the past you can cry and wine all you want about Brawl, get over it.

Duff0

Smash Ace
In the original Smash bro's the only char that could L cancel was Link and his Dair. So I am sure they did intend to add that to Melee.. Same with techs other fighter games use it.

Wave dashing was not intended to be in Melee. But this is a subject has been debated for a while(Good ol Gamefaqs). Melee is the past you can cry and wine all you want about Brawl, get over it.
Umm any aerial in ssb64 can be canceled. Wavedashing was meant to be in Melee, Sakurai just didn't think it would be used at all or even found out about.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

every character could z cancel in 64 i have the game and i've done it. it eliminated all lag and they reduced it to half in melee IT WAS INTENTIONAL IN MELEE.

and Sakurai said himself they intentionally left wavedashing in.

AXE 09

Smash Master
why did they take out L-cancelling in brawl anyways? i really expected it to be in since it was in the past 2 smash games.

i think Mangekyou only says stuff like that about melee because he can't do the advanced moves himself =/ i think only advanced players can understand why we like melee over brawl, or vice versa. make sure to get your facts strait before saying things like that mangekyou

i hope you can still take us gamer lol. we really need a ride to mesa.

vectorman sux

oh and Mr. J... OMFG! i don't know how, but.... HE GOT BETTER o.O how is it possible that after all this time of him not playing the game, and me playing like every day, is he able to beat me like half the time? what in the world? i don't get it! lol i thought he'd be even worse after not playing for so long, but i guess he just needed to rest his smash skills or something?

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
i like Brawl better too

and GG7 nice matches. but if we werent playing online i bet id do alot better.
like when you owned my Falco. i couldnt hit cancel cuz of the internet. oh well though

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Guess what we played brawl too.. about one match before MELEE... *cough* since it's better than brawl.. *cough* oh god excuse me.. sorry about that.. lol...so yeah

BTW - Axe sux

then we played brawl...lol it was fun...sorta.... and btw for all you ivysaur haters out there.... Ivysaur > Charizard/Squirtle...

BTW - Axe still Sux (he 4 stocked me yesterday) *cries in a corner*

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i like Brawl better too

and GG7 nice matches. but if we werent playing online i bet id do alot better.
like when you owned my Falco. i couldnt hit cancel cuz of the internet. oh well though
i'd beat you in person since i can actually sword dance, counter, up-b out of sheild, and combo off wifi. on wifi i just spam smashes and hope i hit something, and since wifi sucks, it works well.

Top Bottom