• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Vermy

Smash Champion
Yun and Yang would make sense, since they made a cameo in Chun-Li's anime intro. If Dudley isn't in it, a lot of people will be pissed.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Beat a really good Abel player at work. SOB landed an elbow>Ultra. That sh*t is nasty.

EX for Blanka > Blanka Super? I've been torn here, EX forward roll is good for projectile spammers, EX vert roll has massive range, but I haven't found any practical use for EX backstep roll. Halp frum my Green brothers?
Use it for mind games. my main use is to land it just in front and do ex beast roll right after. you can catch a few people off garde pretty easy with it.

Also stay away from blankas super, his ex's are way to important, also classic blanka combo. Jump MK, crMK, standing LP beats roll cancel into FA with grab follow up

Sieg

Smash Champion
Only time you should be using super is if it's a close match, and you get the chance to win with a super cancel.

Even then I barely use my super.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ya so I learned that Blanka's crossup mk is ****, and makes for easy **** 4 hit combo (j.mk>c.mk.>s.lp>ball). And mad mindgames with crossup mk>crouching mk>back hop>ultra.

I changed mains completely from 2 weeks ago. I have Chun Li on for a second. Loving ex legs and her amazing mixups. Ultra is pretty easy to combo into too. <3

Vermy

Smash Champion
You know it baby. Playing vs all the pros at work has helped. To many shotos, Godd*mmit. I've had to develop a play style that works against fireball spamming and anti-air uppercuts. Sagat isn't as big a problem as he used to be. And I've made Ken my b*tch. Even the ones that realise that c.mk>ex tatsu is better for damage building than EX Shoryuken.

Anyone know decent FADC use for Chun Li or Blanka? So far I've only found c.mk>close ball>FADC>throw with Blanka, but its more trouble than it's worth, and seems a waste of Blanka's EX bar. And ex legs and ex spinning bird kick with chun li speak for themselves. Have 2 ex bars and a half full revenge, and people will space you like crazy. FEAR THE C.LK!!!!!!

Sieg

Smash Champion
No use really for Blanka other than from unsafe moves.

Chun-Li's 5th trial has a nice use for FADC, except you don't dash cancel lol. Other than that, there's no reason to use it with her either.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Ya so I learned that Blanka's crossup mk is ****, and makes for easy **** 4 hit combo (j.mk>c.mk.>s.lp>ball). And mad mindgames with crossup mk>crouching mk>back hop>ultra.

I changed mains completely from 2 weeks ago. I have Chun Li on for a second. Loving ex legs and her amazing mixups. Ultra is pretty easy to combo into too. <3
Just wait until the game ****s you over and people fall out of your ultra juggles, then you won't be saying its easy. :p

Vermy

Smash Champion
Makoto, Dudley, Ibuki and a newcomer Hakan are as good as confirmed. So far all the initial rumour leaks are all true, and a recent screen shot of SSF4 shows 4 blacked out character slots. 1 being in a random spot, and 3 being close together. If that isn't enough to get you hyped, I dunno what is. Unfortunately arcade release is delayed for Q2 2010.

And if you use j.hp x2>back.mk juggle you have plenty of time to land the ultra. As much as I love the ex legs>ultra, the timing can be a little strict and unreliable. I prefer to ex legs x2>ex sbk.

I want a decent setup to c.hp>m.sbk>super because the damage is sick, but ex legs seems too valuable to save up all that ex.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Man, I really don't like sf4's inconsistent hitboxes. Eg, with bison, against quite a few chars:

lk scissor kick knockdown, they quickstand, you go

jump forward hp > cr.lk > lk.scissor kick > cr.lk

as a blockstring...and the lk at the end whiffs....wait 1 second, then press it again and it'll hit them, without you having moved at all.

Prolly got something to do with hitboxes during blockstun being different or something...still annoys the hell out of me though, when you're in range to hit and your attack whiffs majestically right in front of the other guy.

MTGod

Smash Champion
No joke: I was in a game shop the day that SF4 came out, and there was this 10-12 year old kid in there playing the game, and the shop owner asks him if he wanted to play against him, and the kid goes:

Okay, but I can do hadoukens

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh lol.

When Siegy-poo comes to Melbum, we will have an epic battle to shake the earth. Ex legs and Blanka balls everywhur!

.....that reminds me. Who the frak do you play as Sieg?

Also, anyone here know where i can get a Princess Leia Episode VI (the metal bikini) texture hack for Chun Li? I feel like it should have been done... I already have Game of Death Bruce Lee hack for Fei Long, Zangief The Thing from Fantastic Four, Cyborg Hitler for Bison and a Tifa from FF for Sakura.

stiks

Smash Rookie
Name: Scott/Ricky
Alias: Hotdog/Stik
Version: Playstation 3
Gamertag/PSN: Stikee
Mains: Ryu, Akuma, Balrog,

Vermy

Smash Champion
Yeah so i just noticed I'm not even on the front page D=
Unreon, when you can, add me to the list.

Name: Vermy Lion
Alias: Vermy
Version: PC
Gamertag/PSN: Vermy
Mains: Chun Li/Blanka/Akuma

Sieg

Smash Champion
I play Balrog, but I've been playing a bit of Abel and I can play generally everyone to a DECENT extent, not a massive pro extent like my Balrog though.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Hey Vermy, for when you play against sieg, don't bother with all of that silly blanka and chun stuff, just play honda. He'll love you for it.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I play Balrog, but I've been playing a bit of Abel and I can play generally everyone to a DECENT extent, not a massive pro extent like my Balrog though.
Hahaha stop talking sheeeet =P

Sieg

Smash Champion
LOL, I didn't mean it like trash talk lol. I'm just saying my Gief is like, no where near the level my Balrog is lol.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Need halpz vs Sagat, Zangief and Akuma with Chun Li. I can demolish all with my Blanka, but I'm training up Chun Li to be of the same level (and I find her more entertaining/challenging to play as).

Sagats do traditional camp/s.hk AA, and I just don't seem to get past it safely, except with the odd ex hazanshuu, or a well spaced ultra.

Akuma plays brawl Falco style. I.E. Hadoukens everywhere, and once I get past it, teleport.

Zangief is more I don't know how I'm supposed to start off. Approaching just gets me grabbed, and kikouken is a terrible camping tool.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I gotta be honest vermy, I don't play chun so I can't tell you anything specific, but in general against sagat and zangief, learning your footsies is win. (Assuming chun has some decent pokes). Against zangief, I think nj.hk will keep him in check, and from playing people I know her j.hp beats lariat clean.

But against akuma....yeah, have fun. Apart from focus dashing through fireballs and anticipating teleports I'm not sure there's too much you can do.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Almost got Ryu's shoryuken fadc ultra down. Fark its hard if you aren't used to fadc. Closest I ever had with Blanka was c.mk>forward ball>FADC>throw. Even then that was more for show than practicality.

Top Bottom