• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

mada0207

Smash Cadet
i wnt picks of all the maps and vids u can find i love smash
i wnt more characters ifno i need the chareacter everthing else i can deal with

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Ok first off were not gonna hear more about fridays update for awile.

AS for this level, i think it's great. Though i wish you guys would stop comparing it too isicle moutain, next i wanna hear the music that will play with this level, if that was tomarrow's update i'd be happy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
...if only Sakurai was that systematic.

But on the subject of music. I noticed this a while ago, but the Yoshi stage is listed as "Yoshi's Island" whereas the music is called "Yoshi's Story: End," and this stage is actually based off of Melee's "Yoshi's Story." So, is this just a typo on Sakurai's part, or are they referring to a different stage or what?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Ok first off were not gonna hear more about fridays update for awile.

AS for this level, i think it's great. Though i wish you guys would stop comparing it too isicle moutain, next i wanna hear the music that will play with this level, if that was tomarrow's update i'd be happy.
Hmm.... I don't know what's in Sakarai's head because I'm not him, but I think that he will actually clue us in about Friday's update again sometime this week. That update got him A LOT of attention all over the Internet, I'm sure that people are watching for the updates now more than ever, but if he doesn't mention it again for a while, some people might lose interest again. Slowly feeding us piece by piece of information about that cliffhanger would be his best choice because it would keep us on the edge of our seats, and we wouldn't be able to wait for the next update! (As some of us are already, lol)

I also doubt that the music for Rumble Falls will be revealed tomorrow. It doesn't seem like Sakarai to give a stage and then the music for it right after, as a matter of fact, the only stage WE ARE POSITIVE about the music for it, is Battlefield. But once again, I could be wrong...

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
...if only Sakurai was that systematic.

But on the subject of music. I noticed this a while ago, but the Yoshi stage is listed as "Yoshi's Island" whereas the music is called "Yoshi's Story: End," and this stage is actually based off of Melee's "Yoshi's Story." So, is this just a typo on Sakurai's part, or are they referring to a different stage or what?
whats a typo, they are two different games, so most likely we shall see a level yoshi's story related, like we have in the previous 2 smashes

@Fartemup: Ok i didn't say anything about his mind lol. and your right, he may slowly feed us the info on the story piece by piece. I don't know why you wanna have everything spoiled so soon though

as for the music, i don't recall saying tomarrow's update will be the music, it was wishfull thinking. Also it's not super confirmed but the star fox music seems to go with the level

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering about this as well.

I think that because this music is for the end of Yoshi's Story, I think... it will simply be the music that plays when Yoshi (or another character from the Yoshi series) beats a story mode. (Like the Balloon Fighter for IC, or Mach Rider for Capt. Falcon.)

EDIT: I really hope we don't have another two stages from the Yoshi series with the same name...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The main reason I wonder is that they took Yoshi's Story in Melee, changed it around a bit, and called it Yoshi's Island in Brawl...

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
The fact that you can now climb ladders blows my mind. I like the stage a lot, although it would be REALLY badass if the stage was a retro-DK stage, complete with red girder platforms, hammers, and incoming barrels rolling down.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you can now climb ladders blows my mind. I like the stage a lot, although it would be REALLY badass if the stage was a retro-DK stage, complete with red girder platforms, hammers, and incoming barrels rolling down.

it's based off the DK game for gamecube... I highly doubt that will happen, unless you put your hopes on that items are all off but barrels and hammers

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
it's based off the DK game for gamecube... I highly doubt that will happen, unless you put your hopes on that items are all off but barrels and hammers

I didn't say anything about it being based off Jungle Beat or not, I was merely stating what I thought would be cool in my personal opinion. Leave me alone.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I didn't say anything about it being based off Jungle Beat or not, I was merely stating what I thought would be cool in my personal opinion. Leave me alone.

I udnerstood what you meant, and I agree completely. What could be cooler than a real retro stage? An homage to NES. Shadic did state that it would be cool to have A stage based off of the retro D.K., not that this stage IS.

P.S. Good luck in the navy!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot. Now I'm never going to be 100% satisfied with this game unless there is a stage like you described :(

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ha! That'd be great. The original D.K. is up there and he goes ape on everyone for disturbing his rest. Theres still hope Shadic!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I definitely wouldn't call this the FIRST. The twilight princess one msot likely will be banned because of the tear away sections.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
So, let's say at the top of the mountain, you ride the plane back to the bottom...

Will it then be a low-G situation? Now that would be unique.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I udnerstood what you meant, and I agree completely. What could be cooler than a real retro stage? An homage to NES. Shadic did state that it would be cool to have A stage based off of the retro D.K., not that this stage IS.

P.S. Good luck in the navy!
Thank you very much sir. I need all the luck I can get at the moment.

On-topic: My friend suggested that a giant golden banana is what's at the top of the stage...yes, a giant golden banana. It's probably the embodiment of all things godly. o_o

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Icicle Mountain is banned because of theh existence of Fox and it moves randomly. This stage looks like it will have a set pattern (at least I think so) so at worst it will be counterpickable.h

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
So we have the first banned stage.
Nah, not the first. BoE (walk-off+stage effects), Delfino Plaza (maybe), possibly Lylat Cruise (if low-grav in places, plus possible stage effects), the outside castle (maybe, if fireballs and such chip away or strike the stage), the Halberd (probably), the Mario Kart stage (almost assuredly)...most of them so far, in fact.

Know what I just realized? When watching the second trailer, you can see near the end, on Pit's stage, that everything can be broken: the floor and the platforms. I think that the clouds also begin to fade away after a while of being stood upon (like Yoshi's N64 stage). Maybe there's more stuff below (like if all the clouds vanish, everyone falls to another level). That would be neat! It would also result in banned-ness.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Nah, not the first. BoE (walk-off+stage effects), Delfino Plaza (maybe), possibly Lylat Cruise (if low-grav in places, plus possible stage effects), the outside castle (maybe, if fireballs and such chip away or strike the stage), the Halberd (probably), the Mario Kart stage (almost assuredly)...most of them so far, in fact.

Know what I just realized? When watching the second trailer, you can see near the end, on Pit's stage, that everything can be broken: the floor and the platforms. I think that the clouds also begin to fade away after a while of being stood upon (like Yoshi's N64 stage). Maybe there's more stuff below (like if all the clouds vanish, everyone falls to another level). That would be neat! It would also result in banned-ness.
lol if all or most of the stages are banned, mabey the tournament players would have to *gasp* take risks.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Well, it'll be like Melee that way, you know? <ost stages were banned from rnadom select in Melee tournaments, and a few others were available for counter-picking. I think Brawl will be very similar.

Sweet, Yoshi. Now we have all his stuff in Brawl: character, stage, and music. Next we need the rest of his character info.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Well, it'll be like Melee that way, you know? <ost stages were banned from rnadom select in Melee tournaments, and a few others were available for counter-picking. I think Brawl will be very similar.

Sweet, Yoshi. Now we have all his stuff in Brawl: character, stage, and music. Next we need the rest of his character info.
Can't say i still agree on the level selecting for tournys, then again i'm one who likes spontanious events in hin matches to make them more entertaining

and yeah, we need the music for yoshi's island stage

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It looks like Nintendo's catering the stages to the non-tourney gamers... little experiments that test out the power of the Havok engine and the power of the Wii like "Oo! The middle of the stage breaks realistically." Then again, I'm glad to have other stages besides"tourney" stages... well, not Rumble Falls.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I'd say the Yoshi music we already have fits in quite well with the stage. Remember, Yoshi's Island isn't just a game... it's also Yoshi's home as well. There's no reason why they couldn't put music from Super Mario World over it either.
You mean like if you changed the music of Yoshi's Island in Melee by holding R?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
You mean like if you changed the music of Yoshi's Island in Melee by holding R?
No no. I was saying, because someone said we needed music for the Yoshi's Island stage. I'm assuming they're not thinking it possible to connect the Yoshi's Island stage to the Yoshi's Story song. A good assumption, but it isn't necessarily true that we can't put the two together.

Yoshi's Island is the title of a Yoshi game, and so is Yoshi's Story. Both two completely different games, I can't argue there. But who's to say that Yoshi's Island doesn't refer to the physical place in the Mushroom Kingdom called Yoshi's Island? The place where Yoshi's are born and raised; the place that has appeared in most, if not all, Yoshi-involved games. Yoshi's Story's first chapter was Yoshi's Island... so why couldn't Yoshi's Story music be played for the Yoshi's Island stage?

There is no reason.

P.S.: I love that song!

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
No no. I was saying, because someone said we needed music for the Yoshi's Island stage. I'm assuming they're not thinking it possible to connect the Yoshi's Island stage to the Yoshi's Story song. A good assumption, but it isn't necessarily true that we can't put the two together.

Yoshi's Island is the title of a Yoshi game, and so is Yoshi's Story. Both two completely different games, I can't argue there. But who's to say that Yoshi's Island doesn't refer to the physical place in the Mushroom Kingdom called Yoshi's Island? The place where Yoshi's are born and raised; the place that has appeared in most, if not all, Yoshi-involved games. Yoshi's Story's first chapter was Yoshi's Island... so why couldn't Yoshi's Story music be played for the Yoshi's Island stage?

There is no reason.

P.S.: I love that song!
The yoshi's story song wouldn't fit the yoshi's island stage, becouse the yoshi's island stage on the brawl site isn't from the game where yoshi's island was the first world area, but the yoshi's island where the yoshi's came from, the tale with baby mario and what not, i'm sure you know this already. However, the music tracks in the baby mario adventure were very good. that mario game still holds up as my favorite mario platformer in the 2-D. I would love to see a remix for that one, and sence all smash games have seen a yoshi's story level, i can safely assume that the ending song, if not for some story related thing, will be for that level

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
It looks like Nintendo's catering the stages to the non-tourney gamers... little experiments that test out the power of the Havok engine and the power of the Wii like "Oo! The middle of the stage breaks realistically." Then again, I'm glad to have other stages besides"tourney" stages... well, not Rumble Falls.

lol if all or most of the stages are banned, mabey the tournament players would have to *gasp* take risks.

Serious Noooooob here
Clear things up for me
By tourney players do you mean Tourneys in the MultiPlayer Selection List or something wide spread like a gathering or online stuff??

Yoshis music fits the stage well I thinktoo

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^Like a tournament gathering. Go here (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749) to see the banned stages list (for tourneys). The "tournament" selection in the Vs. match section is not a tournament. I don't know what it is, but it ain't a tournament. It's far too easy and you almost always only fight CPUs. Also, nothing's banned or anything. :p

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Serious Noooooob here
Clear things up for me
By tourney players do you mean Tourneys in the MultiPlayer Selection List or something wide spread like a gathering or online stuff??

Yoshis music fits the stage well I thinktoo
Noooooooo it doesn't!!!! ;_; the music from yoshi's island was so awesome! and i mean, thats the level it's from. lol however untill we play on the stage to see the music, this topic is kind of null

now as for the stages, Tournament stages are stages that are allowed when in tournaments where accual people fight, all the stages usually tournament acceptable are always boring cuz their mostly flat (IMO!)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Noooooooo it doesn't!!!! ;_; the music from yoshi's island was so awesome! and i mean, thats the level it's from. lol however untill we play on the stage to see the music, this topic is kind of null

now as for the stages, Tournament stages are stages that are allowed when in tournaments where accual people fight, all the stages usually tournament acceptable are always boring cuz their mostly flat (IMO!)
That's why I like them so much. :p Of course, I also like Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Big Blue, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise...and so on. I hate the Onett and Brinstar stages, though. But FD is the best, IMO.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
That's why I like them so much. :p Of course, I also like Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Big Blue, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise...and so on. I hate the Onett and Brinstar stages, though. But FD is the best, IMO.
Hyrule temple is the coolest, the battles there are Dramatic, i wonder what effects will be used in the new FD like stage

Top Bottom