• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
For a Free Falling stage:

You would be eternally falling. As for elevation changing, FFing would make you go downward (in reference to the camera obviously) and regular falling would keep you in the same place. And maybe you could hold Up, basically making you fall slower, resulting in and upward direction. DI-ing to the left and right, anyone that goes too far offscreen is KO'ed. As said before, after air dodging or ^B-ing, you would need to be hit again to continue fighting. You could even be dodging things like para troopas and those spiky things from the kirby games. And if it were set in a regular environment, there could be clouds that raise you in elevation if you go into them.

I was thinking set a stage from SMB3 in the End-world ship, a scrolling level, and when you get to the end, you freefall like in the game (although I hope the fall would be longer), then the ship comes back down to earth and everybody jumps on and it starts again. In the middle there would be cannons, and terrain changes (the kind that try to trap you while the level scrolls. Of course the scrolling would be slower on the ship so you could get some actual battle in)

And whoops, I just remembered this is the OFFICIAL stage discussion. I hope you get to actually go on board the Halberd at some point, and fighting on top of a castle with flaming projectiles coming at you sounds awesome!

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
meh, if there were a stage such as where you fall for eternity, if all players used ^b, or air dodge, then noone would be able to do anything anymore right? can't believe none of you thought of that............

oh, btw, im new, so sorry if my first post is a bit tooooo,.... SERIOUS........ anywayz, hi peeps! :psycho:

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
smash~bomber said:
meh, if there were a stage such as where you fall for eternity, if all players used ^b, or air dodge, then noone would be able to do anything anymore right? can't believe none of you thought of that............
That's about the time you press -L R A Start-, unless it happens with computer players after a human dies, but what are the chances of that. Or you could wait until the thing you are dodging (if anything) comes along and hits you, then you kill/revive the other players. or like Maxorz suggested you just go down onto the falling platform.

Boomer

Smash Apprentice
I think that they might try something new. Maybe, just maybe, they will start trasitioning stages like in the trailer.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Transitioning stages. Say, has anyone played Power Stone 2? There were a few stages that changed. For example there was this arena in the sky, which would then fall and then there would be a bit of free falling where you had to grab balloons to fall safely, for players that didn't would take damage when they hit the ground, then you have another arena to finish the fight.

Another stage I remember was one in some ruins or tomb, arena, then a boulder shows up, characters run from the boulder and end up to the final part of the stage to finish the battle.

I might not work so well with the traditional 2D plane Smash Bros uses, but I was thinking something like that.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
THK said:
Transitioning stages. Say, has anyone played Power Stone 2? There were a few stages that changed. For example there was this arena in the sky, which would then fall and then there would be a bit of free falling where you had to grab balloons to fall safely, for players that didn't would take damage when they hit the ground, then you have another arena to finish the fight.

Another stage I remember was one in some ruins or tomb, arena, then a boulder shows up, characters run from the boulder and end up to the final part of the stage to finish the battle.

I might not work so well with the traditional 2D plane Smash Bros uses, but I was thinking something like that.
Omg...major reminiscence...that game was awesome. I doubt that it would work for a 2d fighter though...that's too bad.

Kao

Smash Cadet
Well how bout a stage based off of Mario Bros. or stage 1-2 from SMB.

rasengan15

Smash Cadet
Berry Mccloud said:
I hope they still have final destination ..
yea... i hope they keep that place... also, for corneria, they should the plane flying all over various places (you'll be flying over a city one minute, then in space, etc)

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see more Metroid Stages. The following would be just too great:

-Artifact Temple (Metroid Prime - Fight with Meta-Ridley arena)
-Metroid Prime Lair (With phazon-pools interaction posible) (MP)
-Sky Temple Gateway(Metroid Prime 2 - where you put the 9 Sky Temple keys)
-Main Energy Controler (MP2)
-Aerie Access (Moving-Scenario) (MP2)
-Crateria Landing Site (Super Metroid, very very big stage, with many platforms)
-Somewhere in Maridia (lol) (SM)
-Somewhere in SR388 (M2)
-Somewhere in the ship of Metroid Fusion (M4)
-Somewhere in one of the worlds of Metroid Prime Hunters (MPH)
-Maybe even somewhere in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption!!!!!!! (MP3) :) :)

Yea, something like that. More Metroid Stages!!!!!!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Quote: Moving around a stage (not lame Rainbow Cruise) style like fighting on the wall then inside a castle or outside/inside a hanger would be amazing beyond words, although I have a few. I know that's a main reason my friend got...what is it, DOA2? the one that came before the first DOA Volleyball game. it was one of the first fighting games to have hardcore level changing, I think.

Actually, there's a game on the N64 called "Clay Fighters 63 ¾". On that game, it is possible for one battle to take place one EVERY stage in that game. You can be hit from one stage, through a door or something, to another stage.

Quote: I don't care what stages they make, just let them come in BIG numbers.
I've always wondered how a stage with no platforms would be. Like....always falling in the sky...this infinite fall in "zero gravity".

I've actually though of different possibilities on this for a while now, and I've come up with a pretty good one.

There will be a "Special Melee (Brawl in this case?)" option where everyone fights in a stage with no platforms. A bunch of the things will be different. There will be a boundry in all four sides, like the regular style of play. There'll be no playforms, of course. Characters will float in one place if you don't move the control stick. When you move the control stick, your character will fly/levitate/float/hover (whatever the verb is) in that direction. The speed in which you move is determined by how much your push on the control stick, if you smash the stick or not, and by the character your using (the speed for each character will be different than the character's running speed). If you air-dodge, use Up-B, or other things that normally leave you motionless afterwards, after it's done, you'll go back to your normal state (the reason that the motionlessness doesn't matter is because there is no recovering here). The only way to kill is to hit your oppoent far enough to kill them directly (so it's probably best to fight in the center of the stage, which will probably be hard to determine right away). Jumping doesn't make you go upwards, it is just used to cancle moves, such as the Shine. Maybe one shield button can be air-dodge and the other for air-shielding (which can only be done in this special playing style), but when you shield, you'll get pushed in the opposite direction from where you blocked the attack. It's pretty much battling in outer space.

If they put Deoxys in Brawl, then I'll be kind of cool to have a battle like this with Deoxys and Mewtwo.

Note: The reason I quoted the way I did is because my internet tends to freeze if I use the quote option. I don't know why, but it does it a lot.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Perfect Chaos said:
Note: The reason I quoted the way I did is because my internet tends to freeze if I use the quote option. I don't know why, but it does it a lot.
Nezt time, try typing it all, then when you're ready to post, copy it, click back, and post it via Quick reply. I find that helps.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
how about a stage with randomly appearring platforms? or a stage editor......

oh! lightbulb! a fzero stage where you fight on the cars, i know there is big blue, but i mean, the cars a moving, and the camera is behind the cars this time, sortof like a cross between big blue and mute city.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
THK said:

Man,,, that game was DA BOMB........was my long time fav before i met Melee.....and always waited ofr a Power stone 2 in Game Cube but never happened =(

yeah the stages and interaction in power stone 2 was just insane........ I loved the airplane stage and the one with the submarines!!!.

THAT IS WHAT I CALL INTERACTION Xd

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see all the Melee and SSB64 stages in this game, in addition to the new stages they're planning. Seems ambitious, but I think they realize how big Brawl is going to be. I think they'll try to go the extra mile for things like this.

If this is the case, I think you'll be seeing many different kinds of stages than the ones you saw in Melee. In fact, aside from giving the new characters appropriate stages, it might be cool if the castle siege stage (or others) actually don't have anything to do with Nintendo, sort of like FD and Battlefield, except much cooler looking. We'll have tons of Nintendo-themed stages to play on, and new characters get their own, too. But we'd be able to select from some awesome looking neutral stages, too. Don't know, just a suggestion.

The stages are already looking incredible, even if it's obvious they've just ripped a few of them right out of Melee (the Battlefield one). Even if it is Pit's stage as theorized earlier, it's clearly just Battlefield retextured at this very early stage of the game. Of course, they may change it somewhat, but much of this game in the trailer looks very Melee-ish, including the characters' movesets. That's to be expected, of course, since they're still so early in development they don't have much to show us. Shows what a difference some extra horsepower and textures can make.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
God the graphics on Brawl are soooo good. Just the way these new amazing stages look is crazy but even the character look amazing. Usually in games the things that move dont look very good but thats not the case in Melee. Everything in Brawl is going to be great and i cant wait to play it and start with link once again.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
AND!!!! What you see in the video and the pictures...is not the final version. They're still gonna polish it and make it look even more AMAZING!!!!CAN'T WAIT!!!! specially the stages, can't wait to see how they Transform all of it. They wanna change the mood of the game, which will include some serious stage makeover.

hue_jass

Smash Cadet
from super mario bro's 3 the boss battle that is the roving tank convoy that would make a very nice scrolling level complete with bullet bills thrown in to add some obstacles to avoid.

maybe as novelties or different modes of play but some levels that had different physics aka an underwater level from mario or kirby and the low gravity mode that is in adventure when you play against the wire frames.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
smash~bomber said:

oh, btw, im new, so sorry if my first post is a bit tooooo,.... SERIOUS........ anywayz, hi peeps! :psycho:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71154&page=7&pp=15
I did think of that idea before you. Sorry your empire has been overthrowned by my superior intellect. I'm joking.
I was wondering. You know the castle you see in the trailer? what if we could fight around it? like...on the top of the walls being hit by those fire balls or whatever the castle is being attacked with, but jumping around and fighting.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Perfect Chaos said:
Quote:

Actually, there's a game on the N64 called "Clay Fighters 63 ¾". On that game, it is possible for one battle to take place one EVERY stage in that game. You can be hit from one stage, through a door or something, to another stage.

I hate to be a stickler for details but the game is called ClayFighters 63 and a third.

I would like to see the return of some levels from the original SSB. They brought back some of my least favorite ones in SSBM. I'm talking Sector Z, Castle Hyrule, and the Mushroom Kingdom one with the warp pipes. heck even the pokemon level would do. I miss them.

Kid_Icarus411

Smash Rookie
jpwalker123 said:
God the graphics on Brawl are soooo good. Just the way these new amazing stages look is crazy but even the character look amazing. Usually in games the things that move dont look very good but thats not the case in Melee. Everything in Brawl is going to be great and i cant wait to play it and start with link once again.
You know i think the grapics will be even better because they're not done with everything yet

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
You know what would be cool. If they had a mario stage with warp pipes that worked and moved you to another part of the level. I hope nobody said that already.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
that 1 guy, they did that in the orginal smash... on that cool Mushroom Kingdom level. Man it was cool. And the POW block... I wish that level or something similar would return.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
HourglassMemory said:
AND!!!! What you see in the video and the pictures...is not the final version. They're still gonna polish it and make it look even more AMAZING!!!!CAN'T WAIT!!!! specially the stages, can't wait to see how they Transform all of it. They wanna change the mood of the game, which will include some serious stage makeover.
Not true. Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Meta knight, and Pit are all already done, as well as the three or four levels they showed us. The boys out at the studio already know who they are going to map up, animate and put into the game, It's just that they havn't created charachter models for most, and have only finished the 3-D animations for the charachters listed above. Same for stages.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The interior castle level kind of reminded me of the throne room from fire emblem path of raidance more than the legend of zelda castles. Also the falling level idea could be cool if the bottom looped to the top and jumps reset after the loop.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
freefall level will give certain people a disadvantage and a advantage,it would also have to many glitches and would take a very very long time to debug

its just another usless stage(fun though) that has to many glitch's to debug

it would be 1 of pit's stages though =3

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I'm thinking that a level with merely numerous platforms rather than one main one would be really fun.
A freefall level would be cool, but for characters like Jigglypuff it would be very difficult. I remember a flash version on Smash called Super Smash X which had some cool levels. Maybe they'll do some specialized things like in that.

Aids_Ninja

Smash Cadet
solid snake's level should be a fight on top of metal gear rex like the end of metal gear solid

dsk

Smash Cadet
I'd trade the Dmg Ratio for Gravity ratio

yay, high gravity...
impossible star KOs.... nice

Top Bottom