• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
. . .just to bring the topic back on track. . .

I'm sure that this has been suggested before, but it'd be nice to have an all-aerial combat stage. If anyone's keeping up with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, then you know you have to fight Ridley while falling down this gigantic tunnel, with the perspective changing and things blowing up--similar to Gandalf vs. the Balrog in LotR: TTT.

That being said, it'd be great to have the same concept here. I don't know how you'd be able to renew your jumps (platforms as you fall that wouldn't force you to die if you stayed on them), or maybe infinite jumps, but being able to fight completely in midair would be hot.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
PITforREV said:
Really, I didn't realize that the Halbred, Battlefield, and daien(?) castle didn't exsist. I guess all of those screens are foneys(?) then.

-Before you try to make someone sound stupid, check yourself.
He, and most probably many other people, thought you were refering to the suggestions listed in this topic.

Zink

Smash Champion
Keee-rect.
An all aerial stage has been debated, we can't really work out the kinks in the design. ALthough, if they follow through on more air combat, it would be an interesting mechanic.

Zink

Smash Champion
I think a side scrolling stage that played through the first level of Super Mario Bros would be funny, and also interesting.

Wave Bird

Smash Apprentice
Zink said:
I think a side scrolling stage that played through the first level of Super Mario Bros would be funny, and also interesting.
While the thought of moving stages sound cool. They are pretty impractical to play at.
It would be a cool novelity but it wouldn't be fun to play at.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
How about a stage on top of the big Nintendo logo? It wouldn't have too much interaction, but it's a cool thing.

Admit it, the original Nintendo logo is teh sexeh.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I think that it would be cool to see the land of Termina as a stage from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It'd be interesting to see how they'd incorporate all of the turfs from the land of Termina into one compact stage.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Good idea

maelstrom218 said:
. . .just to bring the topic back on track. . .

I'm sure that this has been suggested before, but it'd be nice to have an all-aerial combat stage. If anyone's keeping up with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, then you know you have to fight Ridley while falling down this gigantic tunnel, with the perspective changing and things blowing up--similar to Gandalf vs. the Balrog in LotR: TTT.

That being said, it'd be great to have the same concept here. I don't know how you'd be able to renew your jumps (platforms as you fall that wouldn't force you to die if you stayed on them), or maybe infinite jumps, but being able to fight completely in midair would be hot.
Sorry for the double post, but this idea is ingenious. It would be cool to see this concept incorporated into SSBB. Fighting in mid-air only would be tight. However, I don't see how these stages would be used in tournaments.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
They wouldn't, primarily due to it being unbalanced in favour of chracters like metaknight and yes it was suggested many times before

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Well, I guess I'll throw my "New Stage[ s ] hat" into the ring. I have one or two.

I apologize ahead of time for them mostly being Zelda-oriented, but, that's really the only games I care about on Nintendo (aside from smash)

1) Gerudo Fortress (OOT) : Made of brown clay brickish things. Background is of course Gerudo Valley. Stage looks something like:

(From left to right) -Small lil nook (2x the size of the space beside the rock wall in Pokemon Stadium)
-Slight vertical incline, to a large single platform (say the 'entrance' to the fortress)
- The large block is the actual 'fortress tower'
- A sandy area at the back of the fortress w/ a floating platform

Eastern Castle (Legend of Zelda: Link's Adventure): Slightly 'ruined' castle; broken pillars used to jump on, statues, etc.

(from left to right) -Flat area (entrance)
-Broken Pillar
-Flat area, then a statue of... an armos or something
- Floating Platform
- Incline w/ top
-Flat area followed by shallow incline which leads to a platform
-Floating platform above that one.

Ya, those are two I'd like to see. <shrugs>

Shark X

Smash Lord
Few stage ideas.

Green Hill Zone: This is a must for Sonic.

Metal Gear Rex Hanger: With Metal Gea as a hazard in the background or sides.

Rainbow Resort

Wario Castle

World 1-1: Mario 1 had a stage in SSB1, Mario 2 had one in SSB2, now Mario 3 needs one for SSB3.

That...woods level for Geno

Bowsers Castle

S.S. Anne: Pokemon cruise ship

Something other than Great Fox: It gets old after 2 games straight, 3 levels...

Something other than a **** jungle: DK Isle has way more than Jungles, so stop giving us jungles in every **** game!

kaid

Smash Master
I searched for this, and didn't find it, so here goes.

In super Mario Galaxy, the levels have tiny planets that you can jump between, and black holes you can fall into.

I think this would make an interesting Brawl level. Your character's orentation is relative to the closest planet (to a point) and you fall inward, not downward.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
DokturSea said:
Finally you post something I can agree with.
its just warioware needs a stage thats all....

snake should get a warehouse/hidout as his stage

a idea for the punchout stage is puting the alternet song as the song when you face king de de de in kirby super star

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
a level for snake...

the starting place from mgs1.

the bottom of the level could have the water area and all the big metal 'things' you hide behind, while a lift takes players up to the snowy area where they find spotlghts, parked car ect.

it would be fun :)

EDIT: i thought of a new arena but i didnt want to double post, so here is the second one.

the middle is a medium-sized platfrom about one and a half size of DK's classic lvl. on both sides of this are a big air fan like thing that pushes up any charchter that walks onto it upwards. these are about hlf the size of DK's classic lvl. this would allow both aerial and ground battles in the one arena. also a small platform above the center platform would be useful as you could get up there ffrom both the air-vents or a triple jump.

i think that this would be a pretty cool level, and somehow you could involve a Nintendo theme into it just so it would fit into the game.

what do u think?

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
A WarioWare stage would be interesting... I've never played the game myself, but from what I've heard, it sounds... interesting.

Maybe a few stages from Starfox Adventures? Probably the best bets would be:
Krazoa Palace (for another big castle-y stage)
Cape Claw (dry land for regular fights, but the water would slow down some of the faster characters and it would be pretty^^)
Thorntail Hollow (big open field... imagine a "Thorntail KO" or "Sharpclaw KO" as a score addition like Goomba KO, Topi KO, etc.) :laugh:
Darkice Mines (lava areas and snowy places... like half Brinstar and half Icicle Mountain)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Knight said:
I like to see safron city.
yea they forgot old stages other then ones in melee

meh, ppl r saying that the castle is bowsers
then its fire emblem
then hyrule (i doubt that, there r plenty of good zelda/link stages)

make up yur mind!
or is it nintendo's fault?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Assaultjocky said:
Because Snake is in this new SSB, then there should be a level from the game, i think that would be cool to have a level just for snake.
There will be. Hideo Kojima is designing it.

Assaultjocky

Smash Rookie
Thats awsome, but when it comes to the way you play Metal gear sold games, i can't see how their going to make the stage look like an area from the Metal gear sold games.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
If Wolf is in the game, they should Sargasso Space Zone as his stage. In fact there should be two versions. The main one should be on top of Sargasso with space ships flying around the fighters. The alternate version could be inside Sargasso where the stage would be surrounded by walls you have to win be brinning ur opponent's hit points to zero instead of kocking them off the stage.

I know that sounds lame but I like the idea.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I definetly think the stages should be able to be damaged, such as burned or broken off even, I think that would make the whole game more realistic (in the whole fighting sense, that is) I know a lot of people have already said this but...yea =/

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
nah you'd end up with ruined stages, it'd be alright for one stage (like one made out of mario blocks) or in some areas but other than that no.

Coron

Smash Rookie
i like breaking stages like brinstar how u can split it half, i would also love to destroy peachs castle it would be fun :) :) :)

Rizzoduckman

Smash Rookie
the breaking stages thing could be fun but would the stage regenerate over time or stay broken making the stage smaller and smaller till theres no more????????

thessbaddict

Smash Rookie
well i dunno i mean breaking stages?!?!? i'm not criticizing i'm just saying people won't want to pick the breaking stages just cus they're 2 good and don't die 2 easily so mabey they will break everything then they no1 wins cus the whole thing breaks. But mabey if once everything is broken there's like a invisible forcefield floor or something.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I think maybe they should stick to none-breakable stages perhaps? It keeps it a lot more fun, one completely breakable stage of marioblocks would be awesome though.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think the stages should have a few interactive pieces of them. Like a few places that will chip away if you get smashed into it, or boulders that get knocked around and smashed. It would all be reset when the match ends, of course.

And I still stand by what I've said before. Wario's House FTW! I mean, screw Wario's Castle! We've got enough castles. Gimme something new!

Top Bottom