• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
Zink said:
I meant like, it could be hard to tell it was a Sonic level because there isn't really an overall thing included in the levels. Like with Great Bay, you could tell it was Zelda because of the owl, Moon, and Tingle.
Are you on crack? There are numerous things that could be included such as springs, loop de loops int he backbround, those larege flowers in teh original greenhill, checkered grounds, rings.....You guys are all getting to stuck on the current, ruined sonic world, think back to when sonic was fun adn sold like crazy....not todays version, where sonic lives in a human world and is often seen conversing with the president

If they make a sonic stage it BETTER NOT be a modern one like station square....F THAT

Shark X

Smash Lord
PITforREV said:
Are you on crack? There are numerous things that could be included such as springs, loop de loops int he backbround, those larege flowers in teh original greenhill, checkered grounds, rings.....You guys are all getting to stuck on the current, ruined sonic world, think back to when sonic was fun adn sold like crazy....not todays version, where sonic lives in a human world and is often seen conversing with the president

If they make a sonic stage it BETTER NOT be a modern one like station square....F THAT
If they make a Sonic stages? If and when Sonic gets in, it's obvious they will make a Sonic stage, and sadly, it'll be that modern crap.

And Sonic always lived in the human world. How else do you explain Eggman? Although the **** world is overly crowded with humans. They have plenty of furries that seem to be missing in this world now (Nack/Fang, Mighty, Evil Ducks (unless Tails killed them all), and Ray anyone?).

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Zink said:
The original Sonics took place in a world called Mobius, but in SA2 it randomely switched to Earth.
I believe that in the Japanese version, it always took place on Earth all along.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Gangplank Galleon would be a neato level for the DK series, and it's about time they went beyond generic jungles for DK stages. It could just be like a normal stage (abiet larger than most, considering how large it was in the game), with Klingers coming down to distract and hit the fighters or an occasional cannonball falling from the sky.

If Fourside makes another appearance, then they should really make it so that it ocasionally turns into Moonside, with everything neon and the music all mixed up.

Geno's woods could also appear, but I can't really think of what could be there to make it more fun...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
If and when Sonic gets in, it's obvious they will make a Sonic stage, and sadly, it'll be that modern crap.
Saying "If and when" doesn't make sense in a sentance and no don't tell me sonic HAS to be in, there's no proof as of yet.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I had a good idea whilest playing Wario Ware: Twisted yesterday. How about Wario's house? We'll need some Wario stages anyway.

I think it's just crazy enough of a design to get in.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Imagine bowser's castle with like thwomps that could fall down, or like lava could spurt up on either side of the stage occaisionally, it would be awesome, there are so many ideas they could use, I don't know how they'll manage unless it's a moving stage

Rash

Smash Ace
Has anyone mentioned a Dark Aether stage yet? Because, that would be pretty cool.

It could just be some area from Metroid Prime 2, preferably Temple Grounds. The stage would actually be pretty big. Just like in the game, you would steadily lose health in the normal atmosphere, and if you wanted to avoid this, you'd have to enter one of the barriers created by light crystals scattered throughout the stage (they'd be like "safe zones").

I think it's an interesting idea.

Rash

Smash Ace
Well, characters don't have be hurt that quickly by the atmosphere. It's mostly just there as a gimmick to the stage. The whole point isn't just to create a unique stage, but to give recognition to MP2 as well.

Besides, when inside crystal barriers, you actually recover health. Just equalize the rates of gaining/losing damage and it's golden. I know what you're thinking: fighters with already heavy damage can recover too easily. While this could be true, the rate of recovery just wouldn't be quick enough to make that much of a difference, and even so, you can only stay in a barrier so long before your enemy comes at you.

JPW

Smash Ace
i was palying it the other night I i love the F-zero stages, and I was wondering what if they did the same with Mario Kart. Made some Mario Kart Stages.

Whatever stages they do it will be cool though, and i support them 1oo percent. I hope they have side scrollers again.

Zink

Smash Champion
Wow, I don't think anyone has suggested a Mario Kart stage.
Dark Aether- if the rate of regeneration/damage is that slow there's no point having it. Maybe also include pools of Phazon? And maybe Samus gets a bouns, like less damage taken and more health regained?

Rash

Smash Ace
Zink said:
Wow, I don't think anyone has suggested a Mario Kart stage.
Dark Aether- if the rate of regeneration/damage is that slow there's no point having it. Maybe also include pools of Phazon? And maybe Samus gets a bouns, like less damage taken and more health regained?
That's it. The rate won't be that low. I'm thinking maybe 2-5% per second. It would make things very challenging, strategic, and interesting.

Pools of Phazon? Now you're talking! That's an excellent idea.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
He was taking the piss yet put in a cool idea. That stage would be fun but if the characters are balanced this time round heavy chars will have an advantage sitting in the area, I reckon the safe zones should change randomly to other areas. There would be no specific timing just and time over 10 secs or w/e they switch, you could tell because they begin to flash like in mp2

Zink

Smash Champion
Maybe they need to be hit every now and then.
Oh, I have an idea! Maybe Samus could occasionally walk by in the background and light up the beacons! Or maybe fight some Darkilngs, which would otherwise be a hazard.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Im surprised no one has suggested any LoZ temples yet... Spirit temple? Shadow temple?

PWNAGE

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I want a stage which is so cool everybody would want to play on it. I'll give an example.

You start off on a big flat platform, with in the background the intro to the SMB theme, but it still sounds familiar to something you already know.

Then the whole background is going like weird, as if someone has taken too much LSD. Then you hear the famous words:

Swing your arms from side to side
Come on it's time to go
Do the Mario!
Take one step and then again
Let's do the Mario
All together now!

And it loops infinitely. Meanwhile, the whole stage grows mushrooms, the platforms disappear little by little, and then you only have ground on the floating mushrooms. After that, you see a bunch of non-object starmen on which you will need to jump in order to survive. In the background you can see Captain Lou Albano as Mario with an evil smile, and ocasionally you can see Danny Wells as Luigi, saying "Oh oh, Mario." and also you can ocasionally hear "OH OH" by both when a player dares to fall.

To get back on the stage itself, you now see floating carpets, and see warp pipes floating below you. While you are still on the Starman, you can also see a head of Link saying "EXCUUUUUUSE ME PRINCES".

When you still survive the playing, and not die from a stroke, you can see lots of Toads running across the screen. Afterwards, a Pirhana Plant grows up, Bullet Bills blast from either sides, the Starmen disappear (which is alright, because they assume you'll land on a warp-pipe anyway), and you will be treated with falling King Koopa statues.

And if you thought it doesn't get weirder, you'll see some Bob-Ombs walking your way from either sides, which explode directly on contact. They're hard to avoid simply by their size, so it's a guaranteed knock-out. Then a lot of Birdo's go run around in circles screaming like a girl, as if their bow was set on fire. In fect, they are. So then Mauser comes to the rescue and bombs the Birdo's. Unfortunately the Birdo's make a huge fire, and it is only when Mr. T comes by and pours milk over the fire to extinguish it.

After that, the warp pipe disappears because of the milk, and the milk hardens into the plateau, where the whole thing loops again.

What do you say? It would be like the ultimate stage.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
That makes....... no sense (though yeah I know you didn't want it too) Nah I'd prefer just Final destination, anyway i hate birdo, even if it's in pain I still hate it. Mr T makes up for that somewhat, does he teach you to breakdance?

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm going to forget that stage was ever suggested, and maybe you can salvage what's left of your reputation.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Inferno_blaze said:
That makes....... no sense (though yeah I know you didn't want it too) Nah I'd prefer just Final destination, anyway i hate birdo, even if it's in pain I still hate it. Mr T makes up for that somewhat, does he teach you to breakdance?
No, he's just there because he's cool, and at the same time can promote the drinking of milk.

Always drink your milk, foo'!

TriAge

Smash Rookie
I always wanted a stage just for fun thats only big enough for like 5 people to stand and its just edge whoring and lost of death.

Zink

Smash Champion
Um, there aren't any. This is all speculation.
I think an enclosed area would be fun, it's like the cave at Hyrule only more intense.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I've always wanted a stage based on Touch Fuzzy Get Ston- I mean, Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy, from Yoshi's Island. It would be a good level for the Yoshi series and could have the fuzzy's in it, and if you get hit by them, your controls could get messed up, or maybe the character attacks, walks, runs and jumps differently, like they're ston-dizzy.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
-.-
this is why you guys arn't the developers...

Seriously, you guys are acting like you are ordering dinner at nintendo's Smash bros development diner or something. Also, even if they were, the ideas don't need to be more dangerous then the opponents you are fighting. dare I say it, it is your opponents job to keep you on your gaurd, not the crazy ideas of stages your are sugesting for this to be legendary game.

Top Bottom