• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
some games u can.
red steal 2 and every one is bagin on nintendo for no hardcore games.
idk about ssb4 teaser just somtin to lift our spirits.

to transfer memory to an sd card to next gen comsule like gc memory card but like gba and ds they can interact. send music trophys stickers, even char that were cut(the con is that ssbb cut char in the game wont be made to look like the ones in ssb4 becuase of the graphics differance) and if they do it right maby send ssbm. maby theyll find a way to scan the texture and update to next gen consules graphics
1. If you can use those controllers, enlighten me on how to plug them in and get the console to recognize them.

2. The rest of this makes no sense at all. Try using punctuation.

SSB4 teasers are a long way off, IMO. Although if SSB4 was to come out on DS, then we could be seeing teasers soon, but this still seems unlikely.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
like i said to rais or spirit dont bring me down =(

idk i thought i saw them in the booklet i may be wrong

i used wii to post last post.
i ment the char that will be transfered from a sd card will have ssbb graphics,not ssb4 advanced graphics unless theirs a texture coder builed into game.
better to your stupic puncuation standards?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ness and Lucas are not clones, the only thing that is similar is the way their specials are activated; these have different properties that make them unique.
What did I say about zooming so far in. Up B, Down B, Forward B, Normal B. Same move really. 1 basepair different. Not clone. It is as bad a s Young link in Melee. Fire Arrows. Not clone move!

As I said, Sakurai specifically had to list A moves for them to try and trick us to not thinking they are clones.

n88

Smash Lord
like i said to rais or spirit dont bring me down =(

idk i thought i saw them in the booklet i may be wrong

i used wii to post last post.
i ment the char that will be transfered from a sd card will have ssbb graphics,not ssb4 advanced graphics unless theirs a texture coder builed into game.
better to your stupic puncuation standards?
I think I get what you're talking about now, but you can't do anything with cut characters, because they are, by definition, not in the game.

I considered Ness and Lucas to be Semi-clones; not completely the same, but your average 6-year old will pick up on some similarities.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@sundayeclipse: I doubt they designed Brawl so that you could save its characters to your SD card. If they're going to have the next Smash game be compatible with all the Brawl characters, they should just include them all. Easy as that. Bringing names and their stats might be interesting, but really not that important. Also, we all appreciate at least some attempt at punctuation. It really does make it easier to understand what you're saying so we can respond effectively.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
How about this: If the next Smash is going to be the FINAL one, then I can expect all characters in the series to made playable. We need to keep in mind that they aren't going to go all out with a roster unless it is a last resort. This is a reason why King K. Rool or Ridley haven't been in.

They are planning to do something. King Dedede and Metaknight were a major addition to the game as enemies. It would be much wiser to add a dynamic character to each sequel rather than put them all in one and end up adding nothing but obscure and/or petty characters.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There still are possibilities of popular characters after putting the major current ones in. 2, even.

a.) Series released after the current Smash game (i.e. Pikmin was released after Melee and has become a popular series with a character representing it in the sequel, Brawl)
b.) 3rd-Party characters

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
3rd party scares me. Snake was added, ****** the tier list along with Metaknight. And Sonic is the most annoying character to fight. -_-

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well, as much as I like Megaman, he has been overused in fighters for quite a while. I can't imagine him being in SSB4. I would rather him not be in then be made a lowly Samus clone. lol kidn kidn.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why does everyone think Megaman would end up as a clone of Samus? What do they have in common, a gun on their arm and wearing a full body armor. That's it. They don't even remotely have the same abilities except for Megaman's Charge Shot.

Besides, Samus is a Link clone, as we already know. At least according to the people claiming that Wolf and Lucas are clones.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I know YOU were, but you're not the first one to say that.

<________<
0________o
Well now.

Anyway, let us all take a break from character chat.

What features do you guys want for SSB4? I feel that the whole sticker collection thing was a waste of time. I would like original mini games. For instance, if a character does not make it as a playable character or Assist Trophy, then maybe they can have a mini game relative to their game. Like Tingle.
Tingle.
Tingle.
*takes out Rupee shield*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still say I think Capcom and Square will want to have a character in next time, expecially Square since they want to become one of the top 10 electronic groups in the world. They may be advertising their characters in a Smash game in the future. Megaman, he just plain needs to be in it, now which one it will be is a different debate. I will go with either Classic or X (since X is the only incarnation yet to be in a fighting game)

Game modes I would like to see... Maybe another boss rush mode in the future would be cool.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
0________o
Well now.

Anyway, let us all take a break from character chat.

What features do you guys want for SSB4? I feel that the whole sticker collection thing was a waste of time. I would like original mini games. For instance, if a character does not make it as a playable character or Assist Trophy, then maybe they can have a mini game relative to their game. Like Tingle.
Tingle.
Tingle.
*takes out Rupee shield*
How many logical reasons do I have to give before people admit that Tingle is deserving? Try this: one character can make an entire roster for some people, but one character can't ruin one. I still bought Brawl even though ZSS got in.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
How many logical reasons do I have to give before people admit that Tingle is deserving? Try this: one character can make an entire roster for some people, but one character can't ruin one. I still bought Brawl even though ZSS got in.
Grag ZSS! The evil witch who confirmed my fears on Metroid's representation!

*curls up in fetal position*

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would like to see the coins brought back but instead of the coin launcher have the coins just used to buy things like new costumes and trophies hell even new unlockable items like assist trophies. pokemon, etc...

I would also like to make this statement, not all with agree with but some will, I think that if they do go ahead with another smash bros that they should refrain from announcing most if not all the new characters. As when the final character roster was revealed nintendo had already shown us pretty well all of the new characters so it was disappointing when the last 2-3 new characters were revealed.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I would also like to make this statement, not all with agree with but some will, I think that if they do go ahead with another smash bros that they should refrain from announcing most if not all the new characters. As when the final character roster was revealed nintendo had already shown us pretty well all of the new characters so it was disappointing when the last 2-3 new characters were revealed.
I agree with you. If they hadn't shown us characters like snake, pokemon trainer and meta-kinght people would have been amazied and the game would have gotten higher rankings.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I agree with you. If they hadn't shown us characters like snake, pokemon trainer and meta-kinght people would have been amazied and the game would have gotten higher rankings.
That's what I'm thinking. I think the startign roster should have consisted of this in terms of unlockables and newcomers:

Starters:
Luigi
Ness
Capt. Falcon
Jigglypuff
Marth
Olimar
Pit
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Zamus

Unlockable:
R.O.B.
Falco
Wolf
Toon Link
Mr. Game and Watch
Ike
Lucario
King Dedede
Pokemon Trainer
Snake
Sonic

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
To be honest, the only third-party who would excite me would be Banjo but that won't happen. Besides, I would have rather have had K.Rool and Ridley than Sonic and Snake.

And I completely agree with witholding info on the game. IMO just the original 12 and ZSS should be starters.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Relax. That was intentional. You proved your point, AND I am not against Tingle being in it.

Gee, I can't say tingle without being replied to. What if I needed to use the restroom? o_0

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
saying the next smash will ve last takes all the fun out of the forum >=(.
1. I don't think the next smash will be the last. Smash Bros is still selling strong and Nintendo will milk it until its dry

2. Talking about the last installment is the best. We would want the series to go out with a bang so we all would be glued to our computers talking about it.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I've never assumed much. There were rumors that Brawl would have been the last. Nintendo likes to play mindgames.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64 was supposed to be the only smash.
Melee was supposed to be the last game. (They almost fooled us after 9 years).
Brawl was made to be the last game in the series.

Does anyone notice a pattern?
They will say SSB4 is the last to bring up sales. They will also make it as the last to put as much in as possible. They aren't going to stop though, because fans will still keep buying the products.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
yes smash is gona go on forever....or tell nintendo crashes or some unofortinute event happens. Becuase its a nintendo superstar fighting game so yah a gap bettween games is good becuase of new franchises. even though they havent been taking advantage of it besieds pikmin.

We has every single nintendo heros, villians, and popular bonuses char, and thee rest AT, omg that be so ****ing epic. to bad its not gona happen in my life time=( ....maby it welll

sorry for cursing it just went well for the statement.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I seriously doubt Super Smash Bros. Donnybrook (you know you want that to be the name ;)) will be the last game. Smash is kind of a big deal. It'd be like Nintendo saying, "Well, we're pretty much done making Mario games," only to a lesser extent. Smash is big money for them, as a series with an ever-growing fanbase. Nah, pretty sure it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Tingle has plenty of moveset potential.

I agree that Smash will not go anywhere. On a semi-related note, what do you think the title for the next Smash should be? The only good five-letter synonym for fight we have left is Clash, and Super Smash Bros Clash sounds a bit fanfictiony.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros Fistcuffs.

Title solved.
Also, no Anime characters.
No playable Tingle.
Playable Ridley, Wolf Link (as a transformation) and Female Pokemon Trainer (Leaf)

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
hmm super smash bros ragnarock(only if advantuee mode has to do with end of the world) or battle royale

no freakin anime, manga twerp.

dude stop shoving tingle down our throats. Some are with you some hate tingle and think vatti, zant, skull kid or aghanim would be better. I for one think tingle well be ripping ballon fight kid at his shot for a character.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Anime characters are pretty much guaranteed not to get in. I wouldn't be bothered if they did get in though ^^.

Does anyone else thing SSB will end up like these Dragonball Z beat'em ups where every possible character is added? After perhaps 20 years or so (If SSB is still going) this may be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom