• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They should have a mode that's like All-Star, except instead of fighting all characters, you have to do a fight on all stages.
I think All-Star mode needs a revamp period. In Brawl, it was a pain in the neck because of all the characters. I'd like to see a survival mode instead.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I think All-Star mode needs a revamp period. In Brawl, it was a pain in the neck because of all the characters. I'd like to see a survival mode instead.
-_- i still haven't beaten all-star with all of the characters in brawl...i just stopped. lol.
how would the "survival mode" be different though? a set amount of opponents as opposed to the whole roster?

n88

Smash Lord
Endless Brawl pretty much is Survival Mode. Granted, they could do it w/real characters instead of Alloys, but they've already got it, really. All-Star should go back to Melee format, because it's really just more fun. Who should be the character that you have to fight 25 of at the end? I vote ROB.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
My idea for the mode was this (although it is kind of the same)

Your progess like normally. However, if you ever have to fight yourself, you instead the CPU only character Glass Joe*. At the end, you will fight yourself. It would either be a stronger version on FD or multiples of them. You'll always fight them on FD or Battlefield.

*My idea was that in the single player game, you'd fight Glass Joe. He'd basically be a crappy character who you have to beat up.

Also, Little Mach should be in this game.

smasherbangcrasher

Smash Rookie
OK SSB4 is something that has been on my mind for a long time! Here is a few things I've thought of.
1.about 40-46 characters Including knuckles *wink* wink* To samuraipanda haha 2. same amount of stages possible a new sonic stage. hey space colony ark any one?!
3.Tripping gets the boot.
4.Every one has a moveset exclusive to them
5.all hopes from Brawl are in IE.Ridley
6.BETTER ONLINE PLAY :p

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
No knuckles as stated before and most people want at least 50 characters, and most likely more. the rest is ok.

As for all star- i do want it more like melee. But considering how long it now takes, i think you should end up going to randomly chosen stages and characters. Say, there is 50 characters so you go to 30 each time. It would also give it a bit more pizzaz than playing the same characters over and over. It would just hit some of the big series each time. Like no matter what, you fight Mario series, LoZ series, Poke series, and Kirby series. The rest would switch from time to time.

Whil we are talking of 1player modes. I'd like a racing mode. You would have to maneuver and race to the end. A juggling mode, where you have to keep sandbag in the air. And the current modes.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
OK SSB4 is something that has been on my mind for a long time! Here is a few things I've thought of.
1.about 40-46 characters Including knuckles *wink* wink* To samuraipanda haha
A more realistic increase in the roster amount. Sorry, I think 1 person per third party franchise is the only way it will go down.

2. same amount of stages possible a new sonic stage. hey space colony ark any one?!
I am fine with that as long as Samus gets a new Prime stage, and the Mother series gets an actual Earthbound stage. I would like to see a Custom Robo stage, and some revamped S64 stages ala Mario Kart Wii.

3.Tripping gets the boot.
I do not want tripping to get the boot, instead I would like it to change. Implement it on slippery terrain.

4.Every one has a moveset exclusive to them
Too much work to expect that to happen, you are going to have people who have similar movesets, there are only so many ways you can punch. Besides clones add more to the roster, not to mention they are getting better about making them more distinct.

5.all hopes from Brawl are in IE.Ridley
Yes!

6.BETTER ONLINE PLAY :p
Yes x2

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I do want the Melee characters that got the boot back, mostly Roy, even though it's not very likely.

mskusu

Smash Cadet
My idea for the mode was this (although it is kind of the same)

Your progess like normally. However, if you ever have to fight yourself, you instead the CPU only character Glass Joe*. At the end, you will fight yourself. It would either be a stronger version on FD or multiples of them. You'll always fight them on FD or Battlefield.

*My idea was that in the single player game, you'd fight Glass Joe. He'd basically be a crappy character who you have to beat up.
I'd like this one the best, as long as 'Glass Joe' wasn't actually too crappy.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'd like this one the best, as long as 'Glass Joe' wasn't actually too crappy.
My idea was he'd appear in other modes. But, he'd basically be weak. To make it easier, he would be like Dan in Street Fighter, except you can't play as Glass Joe.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My idea was he'd appear in other modes. But, he'd basically be weak. To make it easier, he would be like Dan in Street Fighter, except you can't play as Glass Joe.
I still think that the Dan of Smash should either be Tingle or Pichu.

FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I still think that the Dan of Smash should either be Tingle or Pichu.

FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they did Tingle, he'd be done as a serious character. It's only America that hates him. But, because an entire country hates him, he'll never appear in Smash.

Glass Joe is known for being bad (he has 1 win and 99 loses). It would be expected, but also funny, if he sucked.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I really wish Banjo & Kazooie could still be in Smash...curse you, Microsoft...

As far as new modes...
I like the Juggling and Racing modes mentioned earlier.

I was thinking maybe they could have some sort of King-of-The-Hill multiplayer mode...there would just be some sort of glowing territory, and obviously whichever character stayed in it for the longest would win.

There should also be some sort of Enemy Arena Mode...where you could pick from a list of subspace enemies and face whichever one you wanted. And then there would also be a mode within the Arena where you could face all the enemies, from weakest to strongest. Also there could be the option to face a random, endless wave of enemies. There would be Story Mode locations to choose from as the stages.

Player profiles, pre and post game lobbies, detailed stats, voice communication, file sharing...the new online possibilities are really endless.

That's all I can think of at the moment... :dizzy:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
If you want my honest opinion, I would hope they would do a quick Brawl Plus (or Smash 3.5) and announce it at E3. God knows that the new Mario, Pikmin and Zelda games will take forever to be released and Nintendo hasn't even released an AAA title this year so far (though I would have gotten Punch-Out Wii if it didn't released one day before Boom Blox 2). All they would really need to do would be the following:

-Rebalance the roster
-Give Samus and Ganondorf accurate movesets
-Heavily improve online and stage builder
-Add Bowser's Castle and a good Metroid and Earthbound stage
-Add about 8 characters: Black Shadow (with Ganon's old moveset), King K. Rool, Little Mac, Ridley, Issac, Tetra, Sheeda, Mewtwo and Animal Crosser Boy (as long as he was aesthetically remade obviously), keeping in mind that the main focus of the remake was balance.

And you would only have to pay 35 dollars if you trade in your copy of vanilla Brawl at Gamestop for this game. I would REALLY hope that this would be more than a pipe dream as it is almost as unlikely for a new Mario to be announced at E3 due to already having received one for the Wii (And I can't honestly stand Zelda or Pikmin).

mskusu

Smash Cadet
[n00b]Oh, I didn't know that he was fromPunch-Out!! and thought you just made it up, lol.[/n00b]
Reading the Wikipedia entry, that would work pretty well :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
[n00b]Oh, I didn't know that he was fromPunch-Out!! and thought you just made it up, lol.[/n00b]
Reading the Wikipedia entry, that would work pretty well :)
Here's more of Glass Joe

Contender
Title Defense

I would like to see another fighter in Smash from Punch Out then just Little Mac. That game has a lot of awesome characters.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i go to the last page and some one is calling another a noob, and noob spelled with zeros.
hay i call you a noob even though my dignity as a human being just spat upon me and left.thought this formum had more class.

Any way i would like to see a couple of mini games like kingnof the hill and capture the flag as well.

i dont know about another sonic stage but anothet character is probably going to happen and other 3rd party characters too
sonics moves need to be redone

smash chu dont get over your head braw, 1 punch out char is good for now

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
i go to the last page and some one is calling another a noob, and noob spelled with zeros.
hay i call you a noob even though my dignity as a human being just spat upon me and left.thought this formum had more class.

Any way i would like to see a couple of mini games like kingnof the hill and capture the flag as well.

i dont know about another sonic stage but anothet character is probably going to happen and other 3rd party characters too
sonics moves need to be redone

smash chu dont get over your head braw, 1 punch out char is good for now
he was calling himself a noob... -__-

king of the hill would work, ctf wouldn't.

there's probably going to be another sonic stage...but i doubt another character. and if there was another sonic character....TAILS.

sonic's move's besides his Side B are fine. Side B should just be...Ring Dash? idk.

1 Punch-Out character ftw.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
mk will have more lag and snake will be nerfed and his sliding up smash will knock you sideways so the grenade doesn't get the second hit

what i want to happen is for cap falcon to get a lot better and a create a target smash stage

better stage creator

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
oh my bad....

eh the most wanted sonic characters are shadow and knuckles i beleive, we dont talk alot of tails. then theres the sub of shadow being a clone(unlikely)
ring dash is an awsome suggestion

im saying dont get greedy, 1 punch out character is ok for now and another taking lil macs AT spot. its like saying if we have issac we need felix too which would be asking to much

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
eh the most wanted sonic characters are shadow and knuckles i beleive, we dont talk alot of tails. then theres the sub of shadow being a clone(unlikely)
ring dash is an awsome suggestion
Those two may be the most wanted but Tails would be the next Sonic character if there would be another one. Tails is sonic's right hand man. Knuckles is my personal favourite but he doesn't have much of a chance. Don't let me get started with shadow...

Lovely

Smash Lord
One rep per non-Nintendo characters is enough for me...
♣ I strongly agree. Some characters may be popular in that third party, but I want to keep Smash Bros focused on their own party so it seems like a Nintendo based game. ♥

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i agree too. but seriously get more casual its a game for gods sake who cares if there 3rd party characters. theres no problem with that as long as theres no clones, tripping and other mecalances.
douse it affect you if it turns into a game were its a battle of the gaming companies.

seriously get more casual it doustnt matter if there are more 3rd party. you people being so serious and your facts takes the fun away in imagioning whats its gona be like

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
No, smash is a nintendo game. It's supposed to be for nintendo fanboys who want to play as there favorite character. The only reason we are ok with sonic is because everyone wants to see who would win between Sonic and Mario. Megaman is the next most wanted character, because it is Samus vs. Megaman.

The last thing anyone wants is to have every single possible sonic character. I will literally be sick to my stomach when I see Amy on the roster. Shadow is just a quick sonic scam to get back there growing up fanbase. Knuckles has nothing on Tails. Tails is the 2nd bananners and i'll take him any day over Knuckles.

There is a problem with 3rd parties. We all know that too many 3rd parties will lead to Master Chief. Then we have to deal with a million dead-brain halo fans.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
yes but nintendo only has a handful of characters. most of which most people have never heard. and if its just nintendo characters game it should live up to its expectation and bring more and more to the roster.
i agree 3rd party is stupid, but after they did it you know theres gona be more and more wanted.

so you think tails should get in becuase hes sonics right hand man.... then why didnt crystal get in over wolf...... nuff said any way

the 3rd party would only be with peopole who have an acual relationship with nintendo so taht means all hopes of master cheif is gone. no loss there.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree with you on most everything though you are exaggerating about Master Chief. He cannot be included, he does not fit the "must have appeared on a Nintendo console" criteria.

Regardless of how people feel about Sonic and Snake they are staying, their series are a part of the Smash universe now and it is highly doubtful they will remove them unless per companies request. It is unlikely that Sega or the fans themselves will allow Sonic to be removed, and I have a feeling Hideo Kojima didn't go through the begging he did just to see Snake removed in the next game.

Megaman has a lot of backing for the next Smash, he had a lot of backing to be in Brawl. Twice Keiji Inafune revealed his interest in seeing Megaman in a future Smash as well as expressing his own enjoyment in the series.

I also think Square will jump in with their own series, with how cozy Nintendo and Square have become over Dragon Quest X I have a feeling we may see the DQ series in Smash, Slime as the rep.

Speaking of Slime, someone should consider creating a fan moveset incorporating DQH: Rocket Slime/Dragon Quest. Using some magic/physical attacks; my mind has some creative, colorful ideas.

n88

Smash Lord
The Master Chief thing is exaggeration, as Starphoenix says, but I get your point. We don't need a second Sonic rep, but if we had one, I would want a Knuckles/Tails team, similar to the Ice Climbers. If we get a Square Rep, I can only cross my fingers that it isn't Geno.

Before I get attacked by rabid Geno fans, please remember that he appeared in one game and had a minor cameo in another. I can think of a multitude of characters who should get in before Geno, Square and non-Square.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i dont like master cheif at all >.< only cuz of his fans

the ice climbers knuckles and tails team thing....... no
sonic was a huge hit in smash so he might get another rep who knows its either tails or knuckles
if its shadow all of us are gona be P***ed

there acually making another kingdom hearts game on ds so he might be a rep but i doubt it though

n88

Smash Lord
Why not a Knuckles/Tails team? there's a lot more moveset potential there than w/just Tails or just Knuckles, plus it gets both of them in there with only one character slot.

there acually making another kingdom hearts game on ds so he might be a rep but i doubt it though
So far as I know, making another Kingdom Hearts game would not increase Geno's chances of appearing in Smash.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
The argument about Wolf getting in over Krystal is because the standard order of Smash is -
1. Protagonist
2. Sidekick
3. Villain/Anti-Hero

It happened with...
Mario, Luigi, Bowser
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, (???)
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf

So in that case, the Fox (Protagonist), then Falco (Sidekick), then Wolf (Villain) works.
And besides, Krystal is way less important than Wolf...

Sonic should stay just Sonic with a modified moveset, maybe an Angel Island Zone stage, but no new characters. Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow ATs would be good too.

Then add Megaman (Classic) with Zero AT.

No Master Chief, No Geno (prepares flameshield)...

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
If it does happen, which it shouldn't, tails will get in over knuckles. As to why crystal didn't get in she isn't the sidekick. Falco got in first, because falco is the sidekick. That's also why diddy kong got in over K. Rool. Luigi got in before Bowser and Peach. Sidekicks come first.

I know Master Chief is an exaggeration. But if we let in every single 3rd party you know there's gonna be people who want them. Heck, when i skim a few other sites I've already found "Master Chief for SSB4". And besides, you know that it probably won't stop with Tails or knuckles. They'll get in, then shadow does, the Eggman and Amy. Everyone has their favorite in the series, and people will still want more.

edit: Dang it, Bivunit got to it before me.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
knuckles and tails ...... just no nuff said dont bring it up again.

just to make you mad there making 3-4 kingdom heart games witch decreses genos chances even more >=) mwahahahah.

you have to admit since they put in 3rd party there are gona be more and more and it will end up being a roayle of the companys

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As a new Kingdom Hearts game is released for the DS, it does put Sora in a viable position to be the Square rep if (speculatively of course) Square put a series in Smash. Before all we had was Chain of Memories for the GBA and that was more of a remake of the original anyways, this is a fresh new game which gives Sora a better chance.

This is to assume that Square even wants somebody in Smash to begin with.

soFRESH&soSHEIK

Smash Cadet
kk my hopes for the new ssb is as listed
-Char.-
Leon Kennedy
megaman
bomberman
Chrono/and or frog(hell why not both!?)
krystal
....could thinkof more but brain block
-more dense stage builder, maybe something the ppl at hal use to makem but dumbdown ver.
what would really be cool is one big story mode involving all the characters and then mini story unqiue to each character......EPIC! just thought of that

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
kk my hopes for the new ssb is as listed
-Char.-
Leon Kennedy
megaman
bomberman
Chrono/and or frog(hell why not both!?)
krystal
....could thinkof more but brain block
-more dense stage builder, maybe something the ppl at hal use to makem but dumbdown ver.
what would really be cool is one big story mode involving all the characters and then mini story unqiue to each character......EPIC! just thought of that
FAIL.
Leon? Really?
Megaman is a yes.
Bomberman...not bad, but i'd prefer not.
Chrono/Frog is fail.
Krystal is like...Waluigi. and Shadow. A ton of people want them for some unknown reason. Terrible...
I agree with the stagebuilding and story mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom