• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I don't know about that roster; I saw WAY too many 3rd parties. Also, Wolf Link/ Midna should work together as one character. They're moveset potential is horrible when separated but great when together. Mewtwo's return would also be nice to see.

What about Shadow? Doesn't anybody care about him? Personally, I think he'd be awesome to use in Smash Bros.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Metroid needs a new rep and Ridley is the most important character other than Samus. It's really as simple as that, and anyone who disagrees with me can go choke on a panini.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
well that's weird... all the games made it sound like it was a space station o.o but i stand corrected, thanks =)
You're welcome. The manga is canon, and it's basically the backstory in it, so yea. =P

here is my wishlist for SSB4:

features:
a story mode like SSE except with less repetitive enemies
MUCH better online
harder-to-unlock characters
some kind of online ranking system
keep ALOT of the music from brawl
Story should be better though. lol
Online I agree with.
I dunno, I liked that you could unlock everyone in the SSE. That didn't make everything so extremely tedious.
I hate online rankings.
Music for Brawl will prolly be kept in Brawl stages. ;o

roster:
keep Lucario!!!!
I can live with that.

Megaman X(he hasent been in a fighting game yet, all the other megaman's have)
It's debated whether Megaman Classic or X would be in SSB. I go ahead and say the classic one, simply because all of his games except for 8 were on Nintendo consoles, while X only had his first 3 games and the RPG spinoff on Nintendo consoles.

Zero(both MMX and MMZ skins)
Maybe it is the fact I absolutely loathe Zero as a character, but I think he would have pretty much the same role Shadow has for Sonic in Brawl... an AT. IF Megaman X is included. Otherwise it'll be Blues or Forte (Protoman and Bass, but I hate the English names D:<)

Harpuia
Fefnir
Phantom
Leviathan(all four of them were somewhat playable in megaman Zero 3 via mini games, and have only appeared on nintendo systems.... they have been in 5(4 for phantom) games so far if you count their biometal selves in the ZX series)
Those are FAR too minor and pretty far out there, to be honest. That's like making Robot Masters playable. I dunno, they are too unimportant to their games - only being some kind of minions - and to Megaman as a series whole. There would still be the ones that have appeared in several forms, such as Roll or Wily (although that would be just as far out there).

Sylux
Ridley/Meta Ridley
Dark Samus
As important Metroid in general is and as much as I love it... Ridley > anyone else. Sylux could be interesting, I dunno what I should think of him. Dark Samus we probably never will see ever again, so it could only be considered if we run out of recurring more important characters. The Space Pirate of the upcoming game, though...

Midna
Wolf Link(instead of some link clone)
2 characters from one single game, and then some who will probably never appear ever again? Just because it's popular right now and everyone is like "OMG MINDA IZ SO HTO IN REELZ OMG" and "OMG LNIK IZ A WOFL DATS SO COL OMG"? =/
Even put together I wouldn't want them just because OMG LINKS A WOLF OMG
I'd rather have characters who a.) have importance to the series, b.) have appeared in more than one game and c.) are not a transformation of Link. Examples: Tingle, Impa, Vaati, Tetra, etc.

some form of F-Zero support for the cappn'
:falcon: YES!

an updated pokemon trainer
Why?

Just like Wolf Link and Midna, Rosalina has only appeared in one game (not counting Mario Kart Wii), and there only had a supporting role. As long as she doesn't appear in more main games of the Mario series than Galaxy, I don't see her as more than a Peach alt. costume. Which is what I would love to see.

i think that's it.... they are some characters to my knowledge that i personally think deserve to be in smash, some of them(like all the megaman characters) should have made it to brawl T.T
Honestly, except for the Megaman, F-Zero rep and Ridley, none of your suggestions are either considerable nor good. 6 Megaman characters? Are you serious? That'd be more choices than any of the NINTENDO series has, and that although it's a 3rd Party/Guest game series. Wow. <_<

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well... A color scheme of Dark Queen is maybe not a dumb idea, but I would like Rosalina and keeping Daisy as such more than Dark Queen. ;P

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Well... A color scheme of Dark Queen is maybe not a dumb idea, but I would like Rosalina and keeping Daisy as such more than Dark Queen. ;P
It's Shadow Queen... sorry, I love Thousand Year Door, but Rosalina's a good idea for an alt costume too. I guess Shadow Queen would be best as a color scheme.

katanagash

Smash Apprentice
For characters:

Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Dry Bowser
Rosalina
Krystal
Panther
Roy (bring back)
Mewtwo (bring back)
Midna
Shadow the Hedgehog
Knuckles
Rival Trainer (Fire Red and Leaf Green version)
Dark Samus
Poo
Blood Falcon

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
:goomba: It would be fun if some alt.coustumes like Daisy are playable clones in the SSE... if there are alt.coustumes characters in the next game. :goomba:
No, it would feel weird and it might confuse some people. I mean, I'm all up for it, but we'd have too many people going HOLY **** I HATE DAISY/WALUIGI/BABY BROS. ;)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I've heard Mewtwo and Lucario compared to "Flavors of the Month." I don't remember who said it, but they were definitely right. Unless people really whine about Mewtwo being gone, Lucario will probably be replaced by some other popular new pokemon.
I can't allow this to go unquoted or unchallenged.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213814

As for popularity...

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-pokemon-character.asp

Note that Lucario, Jigglypuff and Meowth aren't even mentioned. the lack of Meowth surprises me actually... but Mewtwo is far from out-dated.

It was Mewtwo or Jigglypuff if I remember correctly, so he chose Jigglypuff, which is a good choice.
He was planning to include Mewtwo at some point, possibly towards the end of development, but he needed to add Sonic and didn't have the time.
Exactly. Lucario did not replace Mewtwo... Sonic did.

You do realize that when he's on the ground, he's about Bowser's height.

AGAIN, saying they can't do it is nonsense. Too often people say "They can't add X because of Y," and then end up adding said character (i.e. Olimar). It's silly to think they can't get said character to work.
Yup. Ridley for PC...

What? A clone of Samus? Sounds like you want them to take Samus, do the wonderful transformation they played on Lucas and Wolf and pop out Dark samus.

No. The fact is, there is no logical or reasonable excuse to exclude Ridley. There is none. He is the 2nd most popular Metroid character. He should be the next Metroid Rep.
Dark Samus is NOT a clone of Samus! Play a freaking MP game! Jeez!

That is correct. With only two exceptions - Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid Prime Pinball - of which the latter is a spin-off and the other one is debatable of being one, Ridley has appeared in each and every Metroid game to date.

He also plays a far more major role than Dark Samus ever could wish for, with being one of the leaders of the Space Pirates, and the one who destroyed Samus' homeplanet and killed her parents. So yea. He's basically the reason Samus became a bounty hunter.
I will admit. Ridley > Dark Samus. But ONLY Ridley. P.S. Ridley wasn't in MP2. I want them both, and maybe "Syulx". 4 reps for nintendo's 4th largest franchise can't be a bad thing.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Metroid only needs two or maybe three reps. But Ridley should definitely be in.
I wonder who "Syulx" is :p

UncleSam

Smash Master
Metroid only needs two or maybe three reps. But Ridley should definitely be in.
characters from hunters, Ridley would be too big, and even if you downsized him to like, charizard, it still wouldn't have that Ridley feel
I won't go into Sylux's backstory but it would fit because Samus is in and should never leave

justaway12

Smash Master
No, it would feel weird and it might confuse some people. I mean, I'm all up for it, but we'd have too many people going HOLY **** I HATE DAISY/WALUIGI/BABY BROS. ;)
:goomba: But what about the people going HOLY **** WHERE IS DAISY/WALUIGI/BABY BROS a lot of people might want them in but they someone else got in over them and I don't see Who Waluigi could be a clone of. :goomba:

KingKami

Smash Rookie
okay, first. LOVE the alt ideas floating around. so long as the names changed too. ex: not just a red head marth. but actually roy. same moves an all. but the names and appearance are different. and maybe a few lil quirks. (sonic: if shadow is alt have him float alil, or if silver have him pick up things with his mind, like mewtwo) youd get way more characters with way less trouble

Also. i have a kewl idea for the pokemon trainer.
A catching mode.
since so many people bicker about which gen to rep have a mode where pokemon trainer runs through a generic stage w/ lil minor enemies (koopas redeads other pokes, whatever). at the end you have a match against a pokemon (maybe you can chose which one from a list beforehand an unlock more as you catch them all, idk) if you win you an use it in any fight from then on. kinda like in subspace where you start w/ squirtle, then get ivy, then char.
of course there would be ALOT of clones (ex. you have a magmar an electrobuzz, same moves just different look. elect instead of fire) then you can custom pick a team an save it to use in the multi player. instead of changing pokemon colors you choose different teams

idk. i like the idea

and. i think more transforming characters would be nice.
love the mask link idea
and wolf link
if you have crystal caravan then them too
but how about this: have your mocks be the way to transform, not down b. that way you get to put otherwise useless buttons to work and you dont lose a move (and you can get to the form you want faster an not have to cycle through).

the create a character would be cool (friend suggested you have it as a customizable choa :p kinda cute)

and def a ssb specific char (but that COULD be the custom thing i guess)
no mii, i mean it could be done but ehh. kinda lame to me

also put in the darn caravan guys and the black mage (not vivi specially just b mage, i get the nintendo game rule)

and geno ftw!
(no im not an enix fan boy, im not gonna say cloud or seph or sora (woulnt complain if Sora got in tho) or the moogle etc)

and the stage creator needs revamping or deleting one. an lose the cds an stickers. just a waste of space imo.

think thats all i got right now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I will admit. Ridley > Dark Samus. But ONLY Ridley. P.S. Ridley wasn't in MP2. I want them both, and maybe "Syulx". 4 reps for nintendo's 4th largest franchise can't be a bad thing.
I see someone didn't read the following posts in which I clearly stated that I DIDN'T PLAY METROID PRIME 2. <_<

Also, what? 4th largest? Have I missed some magic sale explosion? I remember Metroid only being the 5th or 6th largest before Touch! Generations was introduced, and then crashing down a few ranks. Donkey Kong was always bigger than Metroid.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
characters from hunters, Ridley would be too big, and even if you downsized him to like, charizard, it still wouldn't have that Ridley feel
I won't go into Sylux's backstory but it would fit because Samus is in and should never leave
I know who Sylux is. I was making a joke becuse he spelled it "Syulx". And Ridley being too big? Have you seen how gigantic Bowser was in Sunshine and Galaxy? Have you seen how Olimar is the size of a quarter? Size doesn't need to be an excuse for not including a popular character that's been in nearly every game.
:goomba: But what about the people going HOLY **** WHERE IS DAISY/WALUIGI/BABY BROS a lot of people might want them in but they someone else got in over them and I don't see Who Waluigi could be a clone of. :goomba:
Well, alt costume characters that are more or less recolered versions of other characters just aren't very well liked. If people wanted Daisy/Waluigi/Baby Bros then it could be fine. But nobody really likes Daisy/Waluigi/Baby Bros etc.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I know who Sylux is. I was making a joke becuse he spelled it "Syulx". And Ridley being too big? Have you seen how gigantic Bowser was in Sunshine and Galaxy? Have you seen how Olimar is the size of a quarter? Size doesn't need to be an excuse for not including a popular character that's been in nearly every game.
Not to mention, I cannot stop stating this:
SMASH BROS IS NOT MEANT TO BE CANON! IT'S MEANT TO BE A GAME WHERE YOUR FAVOURITE NINTENDO CHARACTERS BEAT EACH OTHER!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ridley is not too big and you have no proof on it. If you want to see the Ridley feel when shrunk, goto the make your move 5 and read my Ridley moveset. It is almost perfect in making Ridley playable.

If you still think he is too big, I will have no choice but to post my "Anti-Ridley Debunked" information. and trust me, that is definitely too long to want to read.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Just as much characters as possible. The more there is, (plus the more variety of attacks being implemented into the game), the more likely the game would be balanced for it is near impossible to have a strong match-up against every single character. The game needs to be more offensive as well and allow characters to live just a little longer.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ridley is not too big and you have no proof on it. If you want to see the Ridley feel when shrunk, goto the make your move 5 and read my Ridley moveset. It is almost perfect in making Ridley playable.
Go to any Make Your Move and you'll see a playable Ridley, including one in MYM4 that was an OC based on myself.:laugh:

Moral: Ridley has been proven about 100 times how he can work as a fully functional character. =D

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
You're welcome. The manga is canon, and it's basically the backstory in it, so yea. =P

Story should be better though. lol
i guess some speech would help, yes?

Online I agree with.
lrn2microsoft nintendo

I dunno, I liked that you could unlock everyone in the SSE. That didn't make everything so extremely tedious.
ahh well i just like a good challenge

I hate online rankings.
i guess i meant some way to show that your good

Music for Brawl will prolly be kept in Brawl stages. ;o
probablee, as long as stuff like brawls FD theme and Vs. Ridley stays, i am fine

It's debated whether Megaman Classic or X would be in SSB. I go ahead and say the classic one, simply because all of his games except for 8 were on Nintendo consoles, while X only had his first 3 games and the RPG spinoff on Nintendo consoles.

well like i said, all forms of megaman have been in a fighting game except megaman X which is why i think he deserves a game for himself

Maybe it is the fact I absolutely loathe Zero as a character, but I think he would have pretty much the same role Shadow has for Sonic in Brawl... an AT. IF Megaman X is included. Otherwise it'll be Blues or Forte (Protoman and Bass, but I hate the English names D:<)

Zero is more popular then megaman and has pretty much taken over the series

Those are FAR too minor and pretty far out there, to be honest. That's like making Robot Masters playable. I dunno, they are too unimportant to their games - only being some kind of minions - and to Megaman as a series whole. There would still be the ones that have appeared in several forms, such as Roll or Wily (although that would be just as far out there).

hardly, you cant compare them to robot masters because they are both recurring characters and fightable bosses but they are also considered to be part of the main characters of the Megaman Zero series, and they actually speak and have in-depth personalities hence why you cant compare them to robot masters, and they are continuing to be main characters in their biometal forms in the ZX series AND they all played major roles in MMZ2(minus phantom who died in MMZ1) and 3 even more so.... Harpuia is the closest thign that Neo Arcadia has to the original Megaman X(he is almost exactly like him personality wise) and if it wasent for them, Omega Zero would have defeated Zero and dr weil woulda had his way... have you even played/payed attention to the Megaman Zero series' storyline?

As important Metroid in general is and as much as I love it... Ridley > anyone else. Sylux could be interesting, I dunno what I should think of him. Dark Samus we probably never will see ever again, so it could only be considered if we run out of recurring more important characters. The Space Pirate of the upcoming game, though...

aye but i can hope, right? xD

2 characters from one single game, and then some who will probably never appear ever again? Just because it's popular right now and everyone is like "OMG MINDA IZ SO HTO IN REELZ OMG" and "OMG LNIK IZ A WOFL DATS SO COL OMG"? =/
Even put together I wouldn't want them just because OMG LINKS A WOLF OMG
I'd rather have characters who a.) have importance to the series, b.) have appeared in more than one game and c.) are not a transformation of Link. Examples: Tingle, Impa, Vaati, Tetra, etc.

link still has the shard that makes him become a wolf... we may yet see taht form again... again i can hope xD

:falcon: YES!

:falcon: COME OOOOOOON

Why?

new game needs the next generation of pokemon

Just like Wolf Link and Midna, Rosalina has only appeared in one game (not counting Mario Kart Wii), and there only had a supporting role. As long as she doesn't appear in more main games of the Mario series than Galaxy, I don't see her as more than a Peach alt. costume. Which is what I would love to see.

what about sheik? sheik was a major character(who was really just zelda) for one game and one game only... yet here she is, in her second installment of smash

Honestly, except for the Megaman, F-Zero rep and Ridley, none of your suggestions are either considerable nor good. 6 Megaman characters? Are you serious? That'd be more choices than any of the NINTENDO series has, and that although it's a 3rd Party/Guest game series. Wow. <_<
again, it is a wishlist, but i should list my reasons for the megaman characters...

1) to date, only 3 megaman games are not on nintendo systems: Megaman Legends 2, Megaman X's 7 and 8... thats it(MM8 was released with the anniversary collection for GCN, and there was an MMX collection that had 1-6 for GCN too)
2) they ALL originated on nintendo systems(just like sonic and snake)
3) all of the megaman games that capcom has released recently have been on nintendo systems and not PS systems.... yet snake hasent been seen on a nintendo system for a very long time, nor had any nintendo specific games in a very very long time

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I do agree that ridley needs to be in. He's important and Metroid is an important series. I don't think many people would care about the size problem. Most people would just like to see him in. Anyways, Pikachu should be the size of charizard's foot, not half his size.

But it's not that dark samus is a clone it's just that there is a 99.99998% Chance that she would become a clone. If sakurai can make Ganon and Lucas a clone, a samus with a color change who added dark to the beginning of their name. I don't have much hope.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Toon Link definitly won't leave now. His newest game has been announced. And he has a train!!!
thats no indication of him staying

its probably going to be a long time before smash 4 comes out though.... alot of new characters will emerge....
i predict SSB4 having a roster of over 50 characters...

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Toon Link definitly won't leave now. His newest game has been announced. And he has a train!!!
I'm going to have so much fun riding around as Link in that awesome new engineer suit and keep blowing the train whistle. :bee: And did you see that leaf propeller thing? Awesome!

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Oh yeah! I prefer him to regular Link now. Trains are win. He had better get a train related Final Smash.

quote: thats no indication of him staying :unquote

I'm afraid that he's being used a far lot more than 'real' Link nowadays so I'm sorry to inform you that that does indicate him staying. Wind Waker sold a hell of a lot more than Twilight Princess in Japan and Nintendo are very biased towards the public opinion in their country.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice

Highly doubtful, considering Capcom owns the Megaman license, and have used and could still use him in any of their vs. fighting games at their own discretion, as well as the fact that they are still making Megaman games, I don't foresee them allowing his use in Smash or anything that resembles a video game that isn't made by Capcom.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Highly doubtful, considering Capcom owns the Megaman license, and have used and could still use him in any of their vs. fighting games at their own discretion, as well as the fact that they are still making Megaman games, I don't foresee them allowing his use in Smash or anything that resembles a video game that isn't made by Capcom.
Well, this thread is just a gigantic wish list anyway.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Yet, all the megaman games recently made were only for nintendo systems.... GG
and again, all megaman games except legends 2, X's 7 and 8 are on nintendo systems. in fact, the majority of Megaman games are nintendo systems only. another reason why they are viable =3

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Well, this thread is just a gigantic wish list anyway.
Truth, wish on, not stopping you. But just saying.

Yet, all the megaman games recently made were only for nintendo systems.... GG
and again, all megaman games except legends 2, X's 7 and 8 are on nintendo systems. in fact, the majority of Megaman games are nintendo systems only. another reason why they are viable =3

Homey say what now?!

ALL the Megaman games recently made were only for Nintendo systems? Then what was that incredibly hard game I played on my 360 with a blue dude in 8-bit graphics with a blaster for an arm? Ultraboy? Fail.

Even still, forgetting that X4 & X5 were not released on 64 on first release, and the entire backlog of Megaman games have been released to some form of the Playstation and Xbox as well, this isn't a good enough reason for Capcom to sell a license for Megaman to be in Smash.

Highly doubtful it happens.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Kenji Inafune - the creator of Megaman in case you don't know - himself stated that he would've liked to see Megaman in Brawl, and that he can imagine seeing him in a possible future installment.

@GBeast: God I hate if people want me to reply and then post their answers into quotes...

well like i said, all forms of megaman have been in a fighting game except megaman X which is why i think he deserves a game for himself

Yes. That is true. But every other Megaman except for Rock Volnutt has deeper ties to Nintendo than X, who has pretty much everything after X2 on Sony consoles, excluding the RPG spinoff and kinda X3 which was ported onto the PSX.
Megaman.EXE and Starforce Megaman haven't been in any fighting game yet, btw.

...WHAT? LOL!! You're kidding, right? Megaman Zero only sold because it had the name "Megaman", not because of the "Zero" on it. =P
The games still are called "Megaman", not Zero, and the Battle Network and Starforce games don't even have a slight blink of Zero at ALL. The only thing that comes close is actually Megaman ZX, but that's only a model resembling to Zero or being made out of him or whatever, which I don't count as full inclusion, and neither as "taking over the series". He just was stronger than X, hence he is the stronger model, if you want to.

hardly, you cant compare them to robot masters because they are both recurring characters and fightable bosses but they are also considered to be part of the main characters of the Megaman Zero series,

Then I compare them to NetNavis, ACians (or how the Starforce enemies were called), and Gutsman.

and they actually speak and have in-depth personalities hence why you cant compare them to robot masters

Oh, so a voice actor and a showcase personality is now what makes an important character? Link would like to have a talk with you.

and they are continuing to be main characters in their biometal forms in the ZX series

lolwut? What a dumb argument, really. I can only say again what I said before: the biometals only resemble these characters or are their "descendants" if you want to. They also could simply be random biometal stuff, the names and resemblance to the Zero characters has been put in mainly for people who played the Zero games to remember and be happy about how they knew this tidbit. You can play the game without knowing the Zero characters at all, and all you would have would be random letters. The biometals are really no "main characters" at all, as well, just speaking artifacts.

AND they all played major roles in MMZ2(minus phantom who died in MMZ1) and 3 even more so.... Harpuia is the closest thign that Neo Arcadia has to the original Megaman X(he is almost exactly like him personality wise) and if it wasent for them, Omega Zero would have defeated Zero and dr weil woulda had his way... have you even played/payed attention to the Megaman Zero series' storyline?

Importance to one game is not really saying anything, otherwise you should worship Impa. Oh wait, you want Midna and Wolf Link. Gotcha.
What I want to say is, even if they were important in one game, they do not represent the whole series. That only can be done by a Megaman. These Zero characters are Zero characters for a reason: They only appear in the Zero games. They are mentioned in the spiritual successor, but that's like saying Impa is in Twilight Princess because an old woman named Impaz in there, or she is in Wind Waker because there's a window picturing her.

I'm perfectly fine with the classic starters. Even people not so well-endowed with Pokemon can recognize them. I only played RBY, so if you showed me a generation past 1st Gen I would ask you what that is. I have no idea about them (few exceptions existing). Seeing the starters from the first gen was awesome for me because I knew these guys.

what about sheik? sheik was a major character(who was really just zelda) for one game and one game only... yet here she is, in her second installment of smash

Sheik is a very complicated case. Back when Melee was released, she was an insanely popular character because of OoT still lingering around - first of all. Of course, Sakurai could have gone for only putting in Zelda, which would've been good, too, but instead he opted for a version that enhanced gameplay, creating a character being able to transform themselves into a different character mid-match. Sheik and Zelda are completely different in terms of gameplay, and fit perfectly for a transformation character, who is popular as well. The other option would've been a Pokemon Trainer, but I think that would've been too hard to develop. Sheik's popularity back then plays into it, as well.

1) to date, only 3 megaman games are not on nintendo systems: Megaman Legends 2, Megaman X's 7 and 8... thats it(MM8 was released with the anniversary collection for GCN, and there was an MMX collection that had 1-6 for GCN too)

I don't count a collection as an official release on the platform. Also, you're forgetting the Megaman X remake and Megaman: Powered Up for the PSP, as well as Misadventures of Tron Bonne (which is basically Megaman Legends 3, but widely unknown and unpopular for the mere reason of not having a "Megaman" on its box).

lolwut? I thought Sonic originated on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Snake on the MSX? *looks up* Yes, I'm right. Sonic only got his more recent games on mainly the Nintendo systems, and Snake only had 2 games on the NES, which both were considered terrible.
However, Snake got in because Kojima, Snake's creator, is friends with Sakurai.

3) all of the megaman games that capcom has released recently have been on nintendo systems and not PS systems.... yet snake hasent been seen on a nintendo system for a very long time, nor had any nintendo specific games in a very very long time

See above. I'm not saying that I'm against Megaman. I'm against including supporting characters from a subseries which isn't even that big when there's more obvious choices (Megaman, X, Protoman, Forte, Zero, Roll, the list goes on).

n88

Smash Lord
Why do people want speech in SSE? A good chunk of the characters on the roster don't talk (outside of short, meaningless phrases like "Yoo-hoo" or "It's a me, Mario"), only talk in subtitles, or have been associated with fail in general when they do talk. Subtitles would ruin the cutscenes, and it would be strange to see just a few of the cast talking while others were forced to pantomime.

I suppose they could make characters talk, but who wants to go through an 8-hour game listening to Mario's crappy accent, or "Excuuse me, Princess!"??

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I'd love a Story Mode where Link says "Excuse me, princess!" :laugh: But I agree that dialogue could easily ruin it.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Alright so. Here are some of my Ideas.

I guess i'll start with the roster.

Mario Series:
Mario (Dr. Mario alt.)
Luigi
Bowser
Peach (Daisy/Rosalina costumes)
Bowser Jr. (Transforms into Shadow Mario)

Warioware:
Wario (Classic Alt. Costume)

Donkey Kong:
Donkey
Diddy (Dixie Alt. Costume)

Yoshi's Story:
Yoshi
Kamek

Legend Of Zelda:
Link (Dark/Fierce Deity Alts.)
Zelda/Sheik (Alt. Toon Zelda)
Ganondorf (Alt. Toon Ganondorf) (TWILIGHT SWORD!!!!)
Toon Link (Revamped Moveset)
Zant OR Vaati (Would make a good WTF character)

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Fire Emblem:
Marth (Roy Alt.)
Ike

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
D3

Pokemon:
Pikachu (Pichu/Raichu Alternate Costumes)
Jigglypuff (Alt Costumes could be the spinoff versions of Jiggs in the later gens?)
PT
Mewtwo (BUFFED)
Lucario

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon Alt.)
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone that could take Ganon's old moveset)

Sonic:
Sonic (Shadow alt.)
Knuckles

MGS:
Snake

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Lucas
Claus

Metroid:
Samus (Zamus transformation. Dark Samus alt. Costume)
Ridley

Retro/3rd Party/Other:
G&W
Pit (HIYAYAYA HIYAYAYA HIYAYAYA THE FIGHT IS ON)
Ice Climbers
Spyro
Megaman (Zero and/or Axl and/or Bass alts?)
Geno
Ray 01
/\/\@st3r C\-\!3f (\/z h3'$ /-\ pr3tTty c0000l g\/Y i gu3z$

- No Panel De Pon reps kthx
- or Sora
- or Final Fantasy

Assist Trophies:
Tails (improves your recovery for awhile)
Midna (Makes other characters do weird stuff, like Luigis FS)
King Haranikan from the Phillips CD-I (Does a really annoying youtube poop)
Blooper (Makes a huge part of the stage slippery)
Goomba Swarm (Think D3's final smash)
Nights
Slippy (WATCH OUT FOR MINES!!!!!11onersdfg)
Koopa Bros. (Paper Mario)

Adventure Mode Bosses:
Dr. Robotnik
Master Hand (Actually getting to fight him)
Tabuu
Sheegoth
Andross
Giga Bowser
Snorlax
Onyx
Big Boss (MGS)
Vile/Gutsman
Black Knight
Phantom Ganondorf
Gohma (LoZ)
Gogeta Super Saiyan 4 (Super Mega Secret Boss thats 99% impossible to get to)

Pokeballs:
Blaziken

Stages:
Bring back all the SSB64 stages. Melee's final destination, and Great Bay

- Have a mode where Master Hand is playable for kicks

- Bring back that land on the platforms thing.

- Moar wavedashing

- Those alt. costumes i mentioned in the roster could act as their own characters in the story mode. This could make for a lot more villans.

- In story mode have some characters die/become trophies for good. Have more enemies from the various game's series. but also mix with original minions. Have alternate paths with different cutscenes and multiple endings for replayability.

- Better online features with rankings and maybe host online tournaments and being able to choose a competitive mode which has no items and stuff. Be allowed to have more friends and enough of the anonymous crap when playing anyone.

- Downloadable Content XD (Characters to be purchased with Wii points would be pretty awesome. you could like save them on an SD card and play as them on any game. )

yeah k bye

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Why do people want speech in SSE? A good chunk of the characters on the roster don't talk (outside of short, meaningless phrases like "Yoo-hoo" or "It's a me, Mario"), only talk in subtitles, or have been associated with fail in general when they do talk. Subtitles would ruin the cutscenes, and it would be strange to see just a few of the cast talking while others were forced to pantomime.

I suppose they could make characters talk, but who wants to go through an 8-hour game listening to Mario's crappy accent, or "Excuuse me, Princess!"??
Lol well put

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Kenji Inafune - the creator of Megaman in case you don't know - himself stated that he would've liked to see Megaman in Brawl, and that he can imagine seeing him in a possible future installment.

@GBeast: God I hate if people want me to reply and then post their answers into quotes...

Yes. That is true. But every other Megaman except for Rock Volnutt has deeper ties to Nintendo than X, who has pretty much everything after X2 on Sony consoles, excluding the RPG spinoff and kinda X3 which was ported onto the PSX.
Megaman.EXE and Starforce Megaman haven't been in any fighting game yet, btw.
again i reference the Zero series... which is were megaman X's death took place...

...WHAT? LOL!! You're kidding, right? Megaman Zero only sold because it had the name "Megaman", not because of the "Zero" on it. =P
The games still are called "Megaman", not Zero, and the Battle Network and Starforce games don't even have a slight blink of Zero at ALL. The only thing that comes close is actually Megaman ZX, but that's only a model resembling to Zero or being made out of him or whatever, which I don't count as full inclusion, and neither as "taking over the series". He just was stronger than X, hence he is the stronger model, if you want to.

no i am not joking, Zero has more fans then any form of Megaman now.

hardly, you cant compare them to robot masters because they are both recurring characters and fightable bosses but they are also considered to be part of the main characters of the Megaman Zero series,

Then I compare them to NetNavis, ACians (or how the Starforce enemies were called), and Gutsman.
Netnavi's are also not a fair comparison, they are just spinoffs of robot masters... most were seen just once, deleted, and never seen again, ever. whereas the 4 guardians continue to be major characters(again, even if in the form of biometals). never ever mention starforce.... it dosent count as megaman.... its that bad. furthermore, the mainstream netnavi's are all the basic characters(with the exception of gutsman and glide who even then is like never ever ever seen) from the classic series

and they actually speak and have in-depth personalities hence why you cant compare them to robot masters

Oh, so a voice actor and a showcase personality is now what makes an important character? Link would like to have a talk with you. Link is a main protagonist... not an antagonist. and it is hardly a "showcase" personality when you are a clone of X and, in Harpuia's more so then the rests case, much like the original Megaman X(harpuia is almost exactly like him)

and they are continuing to be main characters in their biometal forms in the ZX series

lolwut? What a dumb argument, really. I can only say again what I said before: the biometals only resemble these characters or are their "descendants" if you want to. They also could simply be random biometal stuff, the names and resemblance to the Zero characters has been put in mainly for people who played the Zero games to remember and be happy about how they knew this tidbit. You can play the game without knowing the Zero characters at all, and all you would have would be random letters. The biometals are really no "main characters" at all, as well, just speaking artifacts.
no it was not a tidbit. the ZX series is a direct sequel to the Zero series. the biometal's are the whole reason the present fiasco exists, if it was just Model X, W, and Z, there'd be alot of major characters missing and much more i wont go into detail about

AND they all played major roles in MMZ2(minus phantom who died in MMZ1) and 3 even more so.... Harpuia is the closest thign that Neo Arcadia has to the original Megaman X(he is almost exactly like him personality wise) and if it wasent for them, Omega Zero would have defeated Zero and dr weil woulda had his way... have you even played/payed attention to the Megaman Zero series' storyline?

Importance to one game is not really saying anything, otherwise you should worship Impa. Oh wait, you want Midna and Wolf Link. Gotcha.
What I want to say is, even if they were important in one game, they do not represent the whole series. That only can be done by a Megaman. These Zero characters are Zero characters for a reason: They only appear in the Zero games. They are mentioned in the spiritual successor, but that's like saying Impa is in Twilight Princess because an old woman named Impaz in there, or she is in Wind Waker because there's a window picturing her.

look at the bigger picture, they played huge roles in all the installments except the last because they died in MMZ3. and if importance to one game isnt saying anything, i again bring up sheik who was present for one game and never seen again in the LoZ series. and i mention for the 3rd time i think.... there are not present after their games via easter eggs like impaz or a picture that has her, they are now as biometal's which contain their power, conscience, and beliefs.

I'm perfectly fine with the classic starters. Even people not so well-endowed with Pokemon can recognize them. I only played RBY, so if you showed me a generation past 1st Gen I would ask you what that is. I have no idea about them (few exceptions existing). Seeing the starters from the first gen was awesome for me because I knew these guys.

i am too, but a next generation game calls for next generation pokemon if it is a trainer

Sheik is a very complicated case. Back when Melee was released, she was an insanely popular character because of OoT still lingering around - first of all. Of course, Sakurai could have gone for only putting in Zelda, which would've been good, too, but instead he opted for a version that enhanced gameplay, creating a character being able to transform themselves into a different character mid-match. Sheik and Zelda are completely different in terms of gameplay, and fit perfectly for a transformation character, who is popular as well. The other option would've been a Pokemon Trainer, but I think that would've been too hard to develop. Sheik's popularity back then plays into it, as well.

Omega Zero is insanely popular and he was only seen like, 3 times in one game? and only once(except the extra in MMZX) did we see his true form. yet he has a ridiculous fanbase. Omega was also a huge impact for the one game he was in

I don't count a collection as an official release on the platform. Also, you're forgetting the Megaman X remake and Megaman: Powered Up for the PSP, as well as Misadventures of Tron Bonne (which is basically Megaman Legends 3, but widely unknown and unpopular for the mere reason of not having a "Megaman" on its box).
well that's your problem isnt it? megaman powered up is just a remake of MM1 with some other stuff

lolwut? I thought Sonic originated on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Snake on the MSX? *looks up* Yes, I'm right. Sonic only got his more recent games on mainly the Nintendo systems, and Snake only had 2 games on the NES, which both were considered terrible.
However, Snake got in because Kojima, Snake's creator, is friends with Sakurai.

Kojima also begged for snake to be included

See above. I'm not saying that I'm against Megaman. I'm against including supporting characters from a subseries which isn't even that big when there's more obvious choices (Megaman, X, Protoman, Forte, Zero, Roll, the list goes on).

for the last time they are not support characters, they are MAIN antagonists in all of their games(except MMZX1, were they are on the good side for once, although they are being used against there will in MMZXA...) although i will admit that Harpuia had a bigger role to play then any of them. and if we see a series that takes place during the Elf wars(which is very possible), then they will definetly be very very important characters if they somehow are not now. when the 3rd ZX installment comes out, their biometal selves will become even more important...
Nuff said. 4 guardians for SSB4, they'd be great additions.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, then let's have the 4 guardians, Zero and Megaman X in.

But instead, I want the game to be called Megaman Bros. Zero. Because the 3rd Party guest characters take over and already have more characters than any other Nintendo series in the game.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Third parties should be new each game and be limited to two to stop them from taking over. Megaman should be one, but the next should represent a new series (Castlevania, Bomberman). We don't need Zero or whatever.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I wouldn't limit the number of 3rd party characters to 2. I'd keep it to 4, maybe 5 if they were all awesome. I wouldn't cut Snake or especially Sonic, though. Sonic at least is more important than Megaman.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I see someone didn't read the following posts in which I clearly stated that I DIDN'T PLAY METROID PRIME 2. <_<

Also, what? 4th largest? Have I missed some magic sale explosion? I remember Metroid only being the 5th or 6th largest before Touch! Generations was introduced, and then crashing down a few ranks. Donkey Kong was always bigger than Metroid.
Then you should play it!!!!!!! :p :p :p

My info gets old fast I guess. i hear that Retro is making another Metroid game though, so the series may rebound yet again...

Yes, DK will always be bigger, but that series is getting shortchanged too! >.>

I do agree that ridley needs to be in. He's important and Metroid is an important series. I don't think many people would care about the size problem. Most people would just like to see him in. Anyways, Pikachu should be the size of charizard's foot, not half his size.
Dang straight.

But it's not that dark samus is a clone it's just that there is a 99.99998% Chance that she would become a clone. If sakurai can make Ganon and Lucas a clone, a samus with a color change who added dark to the beginning of their name. I don't have much hope.
Lucas is a clone? i hadn't realized, what with ALL his moves except the FS doing entirly different things...

Perhaps Dark samus could be a boss to avoid the clone bug. i'm not fussy. i want it one way or the other. A playable character would be better, if done right... >_>

Alright so. Here are some of my Ideas.

I guess i'll start with the roster.

Mario Series:
Mario (Dr. Mario alt.)
Luigi
Bowser
Peach (Daisy/Rosalina costumes)
Bowser Jr. (Transforms into Shadow Mario)

Warioware:
Wario (Classic Alt. Costume)

Donkey Kong:
Donkey
Diddy (Dixie Alt. Costume)

Yoshi's Story:
Yoshi
Kamek

Legend Of Zelda:
Link (Dark/Fierce Deity Alts.)
Zelda/Sheik (Alt. Toon Zelda)
Ganondorf (Alt. Toon Ganondorf) (TWILIGHT SWORD!!!!)
Toon Link (Revamped Moveset)
Zant OR Vaati (Would make a good WTF character)

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Fire Emblem:
Marth (Roy Alt.)
Ike

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
D3

Pokemon:
Pikachu (Pichu/Raichu Alternate Costumes)
Jigglypuff (Alt Costumes could be the spinoff versions of Jiggs in the later gens?)
PT
Mewtwo (BUFFED)
Lucario

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon Alt.)
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone that could take Ganon's old moveset)

Sonic:
Sonic (Shadow alt.)
Knuckles

MGS:
Snake

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Lucas
Claus

Metroid:
Samus (Zamus transformation. Dark Samus alt. Costume)
Ridley

Retro/3rd Party/Other:
G&W
Pit (HIYAYAYA HIYAYAYA HIYAYAYA THE FIGHT IS ON)
Ice Climbers
Spyro
Megaman (Zero and/or Axl and/or Bass alts?)
Geno
Ray 01
/\/\@st3r C\-\!3f (\/z h3'$ /-\ pr3tTty c0000l g\/Y i gu3z$

- No Panel De Pon reps kthx
- or Sora
- or Final Fantasy

Assist Trophies:
Tails (improves your recovery for awhile)
Midna (Makes other characters do weird stuff, like Luigis FS)
King Haranikan from the Phillips CD-I (Does a really annoying youtube poop)
Blooper (Makes a huge part of the stage slippery)
Goomba Swarm (Think D3's final smash)
Nights
Slippy (WATCH OUT FOR MINES!!!!!11onersdfg)
Koopa Bros. (Paper Mario)

Adventure Mode Bosses:
Dr. Robotnik
Master Hand (Actually getting to fight him)
Tabuu
Sheegoth
Andross
Giga Bowser
Snorlax
Onyx
Big Boss (MGS)
Vile/Gutsman
Black Knight
Phantom Ganondorf
Gohma (LoZ)
Gogeta Super Saiyan 4 (Super Mega Secret Boss thats 99% impossible to get to)

Pokeballs:
Blaziken

Stages:
Bring back all the SSB64 stages. Melee's final destination, and Great Bay

- Have a mode where Master Hand is playable for kicks

- Bring back that land on the platforms thing.

- Moar wavedashing

- Those alt. costumes i mentioned in the roster could act as their own characters in the story mode. This could make for a lot more villans.

- In story mode have some characters die/become trophies for good. Have more enemies from the various game's series. but also mix with original minions. Have alternate paths with different cutscenes and multiple endings for replayability.

- Better online features with rankings and maybe host online tournaments and being able to choose a competitive mode which has no items and stuff. Be allowed to have more friends and enough of the anonymous crap when playing anyone.

- Downloadable Content XD (Characters to be purchased with Wii points would be pretty awesome. you could like save them on an SD card and play as them on any game. )

yeah k bye
Not bad. you missed a few characters like Dixie Kong, King K. Rool and Dark Samus as at least a boss, but not the worst list I've seen by a long shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom