• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arw1ng

Smash Rookie
I was playing Soul Calibur II recently, and I played the mode "Teams"

This gave me an idea that Smash could have a really awesome mode similar to that. If you don't know what Teams is, it's where you select up to 8 characters and instead of fighting with one character, you fight with a team of eight characters.

But in Smash, I believe it would work well as a max of 3 characters per team, with the option of having less. You would probably find this mode in "special" whatever.

Basically, it's like Pokemon Trainer where you die, and your the next character in your party replaces the character that get's KO'd.

Yep, that's what I want in Smash 4.

Oh and a replacement for Olimar's crap recovery

chicksdigit58

Smash Rookie
ATM I'm just hoping Ness is in for 2 reasons 1. Keep Mother alive. 2. I like him more then Lucas. I also want Roy and Pichu back

Scott!

Smash Lord
I was playing Soul Calibur II recently, and I played the mode "Teams"

This gave me an idea that Smash could have a really awesome mode similar to that. If you don't know what Teams is, it's where you select up to 8 characters and instead of fighting with one character, you fight with a team of eight characters.

But in Smash, I believe it would work well as a max of 3 characters per team, with the option of having less. You would probably find this mode in "special" whatever.

Basically, it's like Pokemon Trainer where you die, and your the next character in your party replaces the character that get's KO'd.

Yep, that's what I want in Smash 4.

Oh and a replacement for Olimar's crap recovery
I'm all for the teams idea. That would be awesome, especially since I've played SC II and enjoyed the mode there as well.

As for Olimar, if he gets a better recovery, he better be hit with the nerf bat in some other way. He recovery is the only thing holding him back from being broken, with his stupid range and ridiculous spam ability.

Arw1ng

Smash Rookie
I'm all for the teams idea. That would be awesome, especially since I've played SC II and enjoyed the mode there as well.

As for Olimar, if he gets a better recovery, he better be hit with the nerf bat in some other way. He recovery is the only thing holding him back from being broken, with his stupid range and ridiculous spam ability.
I hear ya, I play that mode all the time : p

And if we do recieve a Smash 4, I'm sure Sakurai will find a rediculous way to nerf him :/ (That is, if he's still on the development team)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I put NiGHTS in the "IT" file a long time ago, with Sheik...and Pichu.

Anyway...I've been convinced that SSB4 should REALLY come out on the DS. I mean, it would make it available on a HANDHELD, which would increase convenience...Plus, the DS already has online play.

I see no point in waiting for the nextgen system, which could take eight years, when SB4 could be on the DS within the next FOUR.

EDIT: I also did some math. 39 characters, five being removed...bring the number to about 50...34...that's 16 new characters, more or less. That souds pretty good, I think.

Just putting my math out there.

demon_thief70

Smash Rookie
Link support !

what I find is that each game has constantly given link very to little to work with..from his fail-
recovery to the nerffing of his greatest advantage...range! What seems apparent is that HAL studios have found a good combination for a character and yet they fail to see the promise that resides in the concept, including all of the forums and there Tier lists(which I respectfully ignore). what I want to see in SSB4 is more focus on his smash and range...and not another restriction or downgrade which they give Link so feverishly because of fear of overpowering! Range is good but it can be defeated so don't fear the strength HAL, embrace it and work with it with other characters. Give Link his courage back! (and yes if you wondering I Main Link...duh..)

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...Travis touchdown anyone?

Also, the main charecter from a new game coming out called Mad World would kick major A too.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I know I have not been on for a while, but I am back. So what did I miss.
NVM i updated the char

before i start for each of wormadam's transormations attacks it will be this (Grass/ground/steel)if I put no /'s that means they share it
Name:Wormadam

Series:pokemon

How to Unlock:SSE/Event??/play on a ground/steel/grass stage 5 times each

Neutral Attack:A,A,A (head) 2%,2%,4%
Attacks with head very weak

Dash Attack:Trip(body/body/horn) 10%
Grass and Ground trip like DDD while Steel trips like Ivy

Strong Side:Attacks with the horn 4%
attacks with the antena nothing specail

Strong Up:Sheds leaves upwards 2-10%/flip 6%/ oli spin 1-12
Grass will attack upwards with its leaves it multi hits/Ground just flips like yoshi but on the ground/Steel has the same thing what oli does

Strong Down:trips(horn)5%/spins like wario 9%/trips(body)(invicy frames while tripping)3%
Grass does a marth's Strong down but with the horn/Ground does a weaker Wario Dsmash/Steel falls down with Inviny frames

Side Smash:sucker punch10-18%/Roll out 5-15% (moves wormadam foward)/Iron Head 8-16%
Grass attacks with its body cause it has no hands/Ground spins and can move like sonic's B</Steel smacks with its head exelent kill move

Up Smash:Leaf Storm10-22% (not a kill move)/Rock Tomb 11-20%/Gyro Ball 5-19%
grass has a multi hit attack no kill planing hear/G=Rock tomb has horrible range but its like a Rock smash x1.5/Gyro ball makes him spin Invi frames on the start up

Down Smash:Bug Bite (if opponent is holding an item it takes it) 2-14%
Bites opponent and steals item

Ledge Attack:Multi hit leaves1-10%/Multi hit rocks1-10%/Multi hit trash 1-10%
Multiple leaves/rocks/trash fly everywhere

100% Ledge Attack:Flail 13%
Jumps up nothing specail

Floor Attack:secret power (can either freeze,confuse or sleep the foe) 9%
Pink aura shows on its body and can randomly do one of the selected above

Neutral Aerial:hidden power 2-19%
orbs flow around wormadam

Foward Aerial:horn slam (spike??) 11%
Spikes foe down with its horn

Back Aerial:Facade 9% (if it has less health than opponent it does 14%)
Crys infront of the foe

Up Aerial:yoshi flip
title explains it

Down Aerial:evendor 8%/Stealth rock 2-8%/miror shot 7%+reflect
evendor bites the opponent/Stealth rock shots rock down bellow can hit far away/mirror shot creats a needle bellow wormadam and the needle can reflect stuff

Pummel:hits with horn 2% each
attacks foe with horn

Foward Throw:reg throw foward 4% CG (0%-50%)
throws foe infront of them

Back Throw:slams with hips 8%
just like peaches back throw

Up Throw:Bullet seed 13%/mud slap 6%/throws upwards
shoots seeds upwards/flings mud with horn/TL upthrow but with horn

Down Throw:jumps on them SPIKE 9%
jumps on them and can do a GaW spike

Standard Special Move:Seed bomb (links bomb)9%/Earth power(Charge)2% uncharge 15% full chage/Gunk shot(charge) 2% uncharge 15% charged
TL and link bomb but with a seed/charges attack and unleashed rocks blast everywhere infront of wormadam/same as Ground but with slime

Side Special Move:razorleaf 6% Long range/Rock tomb 11%/flash cannon 10% long range
ivy leaf/throws boulder/a metal version of a mid charged samus B attack

Up Special Move:grass knot 8% ( tips splams them down SPIKE) and can tether /Uproar(bounces up and yells downwards+spike if the enemy is connecting the center yell and wormadam 12%/magnet rise(yoshi jump+diddy grab if connects) 0%

Down Special Move:transform(Grass>ground>steel and stays for 1:00 then goes back to the original form)(if you transform gain after transforming you get a added :20 to the Transform time 0%

Final Smash:Area location (toggle comes up and says Grass,ground,or steel and it makes the area its the orginal type)

Description:when choosing wormadam it becomes the type of the stage.Stages like FD and battle feild will become steel (i will get a list of the types later) this is awsome for Cping the threat

Height:4/10 (ivy sized)

weight 3/10 leaf 4/10 ground 5/10 steel

speed: 8/10 leaf 7/10 ground 6/10 steel

recovery: 4/10 leaf 6/10 ground 2/10-5/10 steel

Crawl:Yes

wall jump:only on typed surface (ex. Grass+grass=yes gras+steel no

wall cling (same as above)

glide:NO

will.d

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see Micaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn to be in it, along with a returning Ike. Then have Jarod as well. I like the Zelda scheme with Link, Zelda, and then Gannondorf, so I'd like Fire Emblem characters to have a similar representation. Ike and Micaiah, along with the evil Jarod.

And just for kicks. They had young link in Melee right? Why not have Young Captain Falcon from F-Zero Climax? He was really Ryu Suzaku, and became the New Captain Falcon, but he still used Blue Falcon, so he's close enough. :)
Then have Black Shadow in there for the same reason i wanted Jarod in there and you've statisfied my requests.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
We really don't need a mini captain falcon. Seriously, the main reason for black shadow is to take Ganon's old moveset. At least wolf is a luigified clone. We don't need a mini falcon to make starfox look good. Heck i hope they even make black shadow a little less of a clone by changing a few A atacks and maybe his up and down B.

Also why do characters have to be cut? They got cut once from melee to brawl. SSB4 might even bring back some cut characters(mewtwo). Lets be optimistic and hope no one gets cut(except for toon link because we know he'll come back in some reincarnation).

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
We really don't need a mini captain falcon. Seriously, the main reason for black shadow is to take Ganon's old moveset. At least wolf is a luigified clone. We don't need a mini falcon to make starfox look good. Heck i hope they even make black shadow a little less of a clone by changing a few A atacks and maybe his up and down B.

Also why do characters have to be cut? They got cut once from melee to brawl. SSB4 might even bring back some cut characters(mewtwo). Lets be optimistic and hope no one gets cut(except for toon link because we know he'll come back in some reincarnation).
Nooooooo

Ill hate ssb4 if it does that

unless it has my fav pokemon or PT kanto pt is in it

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Why would you hate ssb4. For cloning Black Shadow or for bringing back mewtwo?

Also, SSE yes or no. If yes then say what you want SSE about in ssb4.

I want everyone to be sent back to there homeworld when they leave subspace. Then Master hand comes up with a plot to bring together all the villains( I'm counting on there being more villains playable) and rivals(metaknight and wario.) They all come up with a plan to take down the heroes and become rulers of there own worlds. Then all the torn up spaces Master hand took the villains through become portals to different worlds. All the heroes recruit other heroes and main characters and defeat their homeworld enemies. You can hop through worlds with your favorite characters and you can play each world two ways. You can choose heroes or villains.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Why would you hate ssb4. For cloning Black Shadow or for bringing back mewtwo?

Also, SSE yes or no. If yes then say what you want SSE about in ssb4.

I want everyone to be sent back to there homeworld when they leave subspace. Then Master hand comes up with a plot to bring together all the villains( I'm counting on there being more villains playable) and rivals(metaknight and wario.) They all come up with a plan to take down the heroes and become rulers of there own worlds. Then all the torn up spaces Master hand took the villains through become portals to different worlds. All the heroes recruit other heroes and main characters and defeat their homeworld enemies. You can hop through worlds with your favorite characters and you can play each world two ways. You can choose heroes or villains.
Id hate it for taking out TL

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
But you know toon link will still be there, just in his latest appearance. Basically they'll keep him and probably just change his look. If his look doesn't change then TL will stay. He might go back to young link. He might just be new child link. Don't worry, the moveset will probably stay the same.

n88

Smash Lord
But you know toon link will still be there, just in his latest appearance. Basically they'll keep him and probably just change his look. If his look doesn't change then TL will stay. He might go back to young link. He might just be new child link. Don't worry, the moveset will probably stay the same.
I really hope the moveset isn't the same. Toon Link could easily be decloned, or luigified at the very least. He uses a lot of weapons and tools that could replace his specials, such as the Deku leaf, Bombchus, the Phantom Hourglass, etc.

D

Deleted member

Wormadam in SSB4? Why? Seems like a random Pokemon to me... Isn't it? Or is it just because it has multiple forms?

D

Deleted member

My Wishlist for SSB4

More character balance
More characters
Better online (OBVIOUSLY)
Better Stage Builder
Maybe another Sonic Series character (Shadow? That would work out well as another rival in story mode)
Buff Captain Falcon!!

An awesome feature would be Create a Character... But that might screw things up online, or possibly unbalance the game. If they made it well, without either of those risks (like a points system to put together moveset/attributes) it would be so awesome!

-Syn-

Smash Cadet
More characters(Shadow and Megaman would be my personal choices)
Better online options and less lag
Over 3 minute replays(lol)
Some new element like grabbing in the air or something
And most definitely a story mode that isn't so **** boring lol

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Wormadam in SSB4? Why? Seems like a random Pokemon to me... Isn't it? Or is it just because it has multiple forms?
-yea its a random peokemon but so is Lucario and Mewtwo.

-It changes more complex than zelda/sheik or PT whitch makes it a unique char to master

-It doesnt have a limiter of weakning thr pokemon but it does to transform which can bend stalling rules

-It is easy and hard to CP this pokemon because of its transformation

- it can wall jump on some places which forces to think strategy

-Wormadam grass B^ can be a awsome kill move

Unless a new gen comes i want wormadam,gliscor,bidoof,Electrode or eevee

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Actually Lucario and Mewtwo aren't random. Mewtwo was a legendary and made by humans so nothing random about it. Lucario is in due to it's popularity of it's movie.

justaway12

Smash Master
♣ Mewtwo and Lucario were certianly not random they were put in advertise the new gen (and I think mewtwo was popular), I don't see why Wordadam is special but I haven't kept up with the anime or games and unless he stand out and is extremly popular I don't see why he should get in but correct me if i'm wrong. ♣
☺☺☺☺

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Actually Lucario and Mewtwo aren't random. Mewtwo was a legendary and made by humans so nothing random about it. Lucario is in due to it's popularity of it's movie.
I knew al that stuff when i was posting but all im saysing wormadam would be cool with its unique ability

D

Deleted member

-yea its a random peokemon but so is Lucario and Mewtwo.

-It changes more complex than zelda/sheik or PT whitch makes it a unique char to master

-It doesnt have a limiter of weakning thr pokemon but it does to transform which can bend stalling rules

-It is easy and hard to CP this pokemon because of its transformation

- it can wall jump on some places which forces to think strategy

-Wormadam grass B^ can be a awsome kill move

Unless a new gen comes i want wormadam,gliscor,bidoof,Electrode or eevee
all of those pokemon seem more random than Wormadam, lol. Except maybe eevee... Eevee is popular I think. And yeah, Mewtwo and Lucario were/are very popular.

I knew al that stuff when i was posting but all im saysing wormadam would be cool with its unique ability
Aren't there other pokemon that could change forms?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
all of those pokemon seem more random than Wormadam, lol. Except maybe eevee... Eevee is popular I think. And yeah, Mewtwo and Lucario were/are very popular.

Aren't there other pokemon that could change forms?
eevee,wormadam,keckleon,castorm,ditto

justaway12

Smash Master
♣ The reason Lucario was in brawl was to promote the new gen and unless wormaden plays a major part in the mext gen (if there is one) or become extremly popular in the anime or games I don't see why he should get in but I haven't kept up with it so correct me if actually has played a big part or is extremly popular. ♣

☺☺☺☺

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Yeah, Mewtwo wasn't at all random considering he was the closest Pokemon had to a Pokemon villain and the uber Pokemon of the first generations. And extremely popular to boot!

Lucario was always put out as the Pokemon rep for Generation IV, and he was quite popular for it. Thus... they both make sense. Wormadam... makes no sense. At all. All it has got going is a unique gimmick, and how many other Pokemon also could have unique gimmicks...? I doubt Wormadam even show up as a Poke Ball Pokemon, honestly.

D

Deleted member

♣ The reason Lucario was in brawl was to promote the new gen and unless wormaden plays a major part in the mext gen (if there is one) or become extremly popular in the anime or games I don't see why he should get in but I haven't kept up with it so correct me if actually has played a big part or is extremly popular. ♣

☺☺☺☺
I don't think it is important... I haven't played in a while though.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
wow you guys are repeating the same thing over and over again about lucario and mewtwo.

and wormadam was a joke set gosh have you seen the movesets in MYM there much more weirder than wormadam

you guys take things to seriously

justaway12

Smash Master
wow you guys are repeating the same thing over and over again about lucario and mewtwo.

and wormadam was a joke set gosh have you seen the movesets in MYM there much more weirder than wormadam

you guys take things to seriously

♣ Sorry I didn't think you were joking but this isn't MYM if you say something like that people would take you seriously and besides I genrally tend to repeat things because most of the time my posts get ingnored T_T but whatever. ♣

☺☺☺☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom