• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I just want someone to do Sonic games right again, I don't really care what company does it. I just said Nintendo because that way maybe we'd get more Sonic reps. SEGA just doesn't have any more good games in them.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
I just want someone to do Sonic games right again, I don't really care what company does it. I just said Nintendo because that way maybe we'd get more Sonic reps. SEGA just doesn't have any more good games in them.
Yes all the new sonic games blow so bad i would have to play superman64 to get a brake

arfer

Smash Cadet
Maybe I"m being prejudiced, but I'm sure Sonic Fanboys will buy any Sonic game with less complaints. I don't think we'll be seeing a phenomonal sonic game anytime soon. And these new sonic characters like Silver? [only one I could think of] I imagine Sonic Fanboys want them to be in SSB4, but I think it's ridiculous.

Before anymore sonic characters are included, can somebody please tell me what happened to say... Sally? or The Armadillo?

justaway12

Smash Master
Mario is the most recognized video game mascot. Way more than Sonic.
Yeah.....what's your point unless you're just spreading the AWESOME name of mario which is alright besides if Sonic is sold to nintendo he won't be a mascot anymore.

@Arfer- They are only in the comic and as we have learned most t.v shows/Comics don't match up with the game most of the time.

EDIT:Anyway we are getting VERY off topic talking about sonics failure/sucsess back on topic pretty please.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes all the new sonic games blow so bad i would have to play superman64 to get a brake
I love how people who never played Superman 64 or any other games the Angry Video Game Nerd has reviewed say how those games suck. =/

Edit:
Maybe I"m being prejudiced, but I'm sure Sonic Fanboys will buy any Sonic game with less complaints. I don't think we'll be seeing a phenomonal sonic game anytime soon. And these new sonic characters like Silver? [only one I could think of] I imagine Sonic Fanboys want them to be in SSB4, but I think it's ridiculous.

Before anymore sonic characters are included, can somebody please tell me what happened to say... Sally? or The Armadillo?

I, in fact, like Silver and several others of the new characters (Blaze, Omega), because they bring new aspects to the games. I'm especially a supporter of Silver because his telekinetic powers are absolutely unique - even though I hate his hair/quill-style.

I especially love how people say "Every new Sonic game introduces a new character, Rawr D:<", but in fact, that has been a trend since the very first sequel! Remember? Tails was included in Sonic 2. Knuckles in Sonic 3. Amy and Metal Sonic in Sonic CD. So yeah

As for Sally: She is a character from the American comics and has nothing to do with the games.
Mighty the Armadillo is a character who has been scrapped, much like other neglected character such as Nack the Weasel.

Caedes

Smash Cadet

I know a lot of Sonic fanboys, and the majority of them hate the new Sonic games much more than I do. I'm not sure who is high enough to buy the new games, but it isn't them.

I love how people who never played Superman 64 or any other games the Angry Video Game Nerd has reviewed say how those games suck. =/
I actually have played Superman 64, and it does suck. A lot. It gave me nightmares as a child.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
mario has more games,spinoffs,cameos, ect then sonic which is the reason why mario is more popular
So, it's safe to say you're ten years old.

Mario is famous because his first game sold 40 million ****ing copies. The only game to beat that is WiiSports because it comes packaged with your Wii. Mario is known the world round because video games are. Mario is not the mascot of Nintendo -- he is the mascot of video games.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The one major thing outside of characters that irks me the most; I had hoped that the Metroid Prime stage would not be inside a cave or anything similar to that. There are so many beautiful locations that could have worked, Phendrana Drifts, Torvus Bog, Sanctuary Fortress, Tallon Overworld, even Skyworld would have been good if MP3 had come out earlier. That was a disappointment to me that they did not utilize the more ambient locals.
Posting on Page 100-

1001. Oh well.

Well, I agree about the Metroid Prime stage thing. There'll probably be a Metroid Prime 3 stage in SSB4, though.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
i love people who critize someone else when they say the person has never played super man 64:laugh:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I actually have played Superman 64, and it does suck. A lot. It gave me nightmares as a child.
I know it sucks. You know what? I even played the CD-i games and Castlevania 2, and I LIKED them. Especially the CD-i games. <_<"
Superman 64 was a bad game, but I was in my early teens when I got it, so it didn't bother me much. I traded it with a friend for F-Zero X. Haha. That poor guy. ^_^

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I was pretty young when my dad got it for me. I haven't spoken to him in years and that is the reason.

Kidding, but the game was nightmarish. It is the worst game of all time. I could never even get past the first part...just flew around aimlessly...in some sort of hellish abyss with random rings in the sky..

arfer

Smash Cadet
Spadefox, you're a genius who makes me think "why wasn't I thinking of that?"

I suppose if Mewtwo never returns, Silver could very well be an interesting replacement. Or at least one more to represent the Sonic series

Caedes

Smash Cadet
If we get another Sonic rep and it is Silver I will refuse to buy the game claim to refuse to buy the game but buy it anyway and then whine about it until SSB5 comes out.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'd rather have Golbez, the main villain from FFIV, for that role. In Dissidia Final Fantasy, the Square-ripoff of Smash bros., where FF characters duke it out, Golbez is representing FFIV together with Cecil (2 characters per game - 1 hero, 1 villain).
Golbez fights exactly with the same style as Mewtwo did - shadowish and psychic attacks with purple flames bursting around everywhere.

But that's me. Heehee.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I'd rather have Golbez, the main villain from FFIV, for that role. In Dissidia Final Fantasy, the Square-ripoff of Smash bros., where FF characters duke it out, Golbez is representing FFIV together with Cecil (2 characters per game - 1 hero, 1 villain).
Golbez fights exactly with the same style as Mewtwo did - shadowish and psychic attacks with purple flames bursting around everywhere.

But that's me. Heehee.
That is the best idea I have heard in this thread...FFIV was the best Final Fantasy game.

Also I've never heard of Dissidia Final Fantasy. Wikipedia time.

Edit: Oh nice, finally my PSP can stop collectin dust.

Tails -ssb4
Shadow-ssb5 [maybe]
Knuckles should get in before Shadow. I'd say before Tails as well but Tails is Sonic's sidekick so he'd probably get in first...Eggman is also higher on the list than Shadow. Shadow is just lame.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sonic isn't getting any more reps until Nintendo becomes incredibly desperate for characters. There will NOT be any more in SSB4, and I'm pretty sure that there won't be for SSB5.

@Spadefox

I'm telling you, Chrono is getting the Square spot, assuming that SSB4 does have a Square character in it.

But yes, Dissidia is awesome.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Hm. Why isn't Cecil in his Paladin form? He's in that for much longer than his dark knight. Are there alt costumes?

Also Kain and Rydia should be in that.

I've had a PSP for a year or two and I haven't used it once. lol

arfer

Smash Cadet
imo now that Dissidia exists, it opens up a SEPARATE fighting franchise for SQUARE i.e. NO MO' square characters for SSB [excluding mario rpg, which is square according to my prior knowledge...]

and tails does what now? use his robots?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How do you know that Spadefox?
I can read threads on the intarwebz, Sir. I was interested if there was some kind of Dissidia tier list, and there obviously is. With Cloud having his own tier of badness.

Hm. Why isn't Cecil in his Paladin form? He's in that for much longer than his dark knight. Are there alt costumes?

Also Kain and Rydia should be in that.
Oh my, Smashers... always wanting other characters. *rolls eyes*
One hero, and one villain for each game - except XI and XII
, with the former getting 1 hero and the latter 1 villain.
The list looks like that:
I: Warrior of Light - Garland
II: Firion - Emperor Matheus
III: Onion Knight - Cloud of Darkness
IV: Cecil - Golbez
V: Butz - Exdeath
VI: Terra - Kefka
VII: Cloud - Sephiroth
VIII: Squall - Ultimecia
IX: Zidane - Kuja
X: Tidus - Jecht
XI: Shantotto
XII: Gabranth

Cecil can switch between Dark Knight and Paladin. And there are only 2 colors for every character.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Power Stone is an insanely small franchise owned by a 3rd-party company which has yet to appear in Smash, and the series itself never was on a Nintendo console.

The End.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I ment by giving a Smash Ball diffrent options, like if there's a diffrent color, you get to do a diffrent attack.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ment by giving a Smash Ball diffrent options, like if there's a diffrent color, you get to do a diffrent attack.

Instead of smash balls, maybe the special ultimate attack should build up like Marvel Vs. Capcom or something...

Maybe having it so that dying lowers it

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I thought that Final Smashes would be better done in competitive play if, say, 7 5hit combos were performed then you got it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Instead of smash balls, maybe the special ultimate attack should build up like Marvel Vs. Capcom or something...

Maybe having it so that dying lowers it
i think it should let u choose smash ball or ultimate attack on Options
I like those idea's. I'll also add to have at least three ultimate attacks.

I thought that Final Smashes would be better done in competitive play if, say, 7 5hit combos were performed then you got it.
Pokemon Trainer would get 100 combo on you. XD

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
This my DREAM roster 4 ssb4

Mario:
Mario [dr mario]
Luigi [mr. l]
Peach [daisy]
Bowser [skelton bowser]
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario [gold] [not a clone]
Geno [white]

Zelda:
Link [zorra armor]
Zelda/Shiek [toon]
Ganondorf [toon] [with sword]
Skull Kid [tp verion]
Toon Link [melee version]
Wolf Link and Minda [toon]

Pokemon:
Pickachu [raichu]
PT [female]
Jigglypuff [wigglypuff]
Mewtwo [with hood]
Lucario [shiny form]
Pokemon rival [team rocket]

Golden Sun:
Isaac [classic]

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon [blood falcon]
Samuriah Goroh [black] [with sword]
Black Shadow [with cape]

Fire-Emblem:
Marth
Ike

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong [white fur]
Diddy Kong [white fur]
King K. Rool [one of his henchmen]

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B. [ancient minster]
Pit
Little Mac [without shirt]

Earthbound:
Ness [jeff]
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS [dark samus]
Ridley [meta ridley]

Starfox: [star fox assualt costumes 4 all]
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal [uses staff]

Wario:
Wario [classic]

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar [louie]

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Yoshi:
Yoshi [boshi]

Sin and Punishment:
Saki [classic]

3rd Party:
Snake [old version]
Sonic [black knight armor]
Megaman [classic]
Ryu [dark ryu]
Simon Belmont [1st appearence]

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I still want Wolf Link.
Unless they bring back Wolf Link for the next Zelda -- which won't happen, if only because Miyamoto and Aonuma have promised an entirely fresh expirience -- we'll be seeing Tingle and Vaati before Wolf Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom