• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fixed.

Pichu was a joke character. That was stated by Sakurai himself.
Yeah he was, but Roy wasn't a character Sakurai even wanted in the game. Nintendo replaced the character he actually wanted with Roy to advertise the new fire emblem.

Sakurai wanted some other Fire Emblem character that is apparently popular in Japan. So, I don't think he is coming back.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think Ike MIGHT also be replaced with a new character from the latest game if a new one is released.
IF a new Fire Emblem is released? One of Nintendo's most popular (among hardcore fans, which... well I guess that doesn't really mean anything now) franchises that has been around for about 11 iterations? It's staying around.

Also, I think that Ike won't be cut. He is an EXTREMELY popular lord among FE fans because he was the first 3-D lord and because he was extremely powerful (you could go through the entire game only using Ike). Marth also isn't going anywhere because he's the first lord and the most popular (I think -- Ike may have surpassed him in this).

I think that a new lord will be added.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Ganondorf should get a projectile. It would be true to the LoZ series, and make him a more powerful character.

Here's what I was thinking: The Warlock Punch, when let go, fires a ball of energy along with the melee attack.

Or the move could be altered so that a tap of B gives a double punch and two medium-power energy balls and B held down gives a full Warlock Punch and one large, powerful projectile.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah he was, but Roy wasn't a character Sakurai even wanted in the game. Nintendo replaced the character he actually wanted with Roy to advertise the new fire emblem.

Sakurai wanted some other Fire Emblem character that is apparently popular in Japan. So, I don't think he is coming back.
There is no proof that Sakurai wanted to place in another Fire Emblem character. Provide links or it didn't happen.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

In other news, Sakurai also wanted to put Sukapon in instead of Mario in the original SSB4, but Nintendo made him put Mario in instead.

That mean Sakurai! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is no proof that Sakurai wanted to place in another Fire Emblem character. Provide links or it didn't happen.
Were you not around in '06 during the whole character battles thing?

Go to the character section, all the threads are still there. They are invisible unless you change your options, but there are a lot of links to stuff in that section.

I forgot who the other character is, I think it's Sigurd or something...

I dunno, it was 2 years ago.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Were you not around in '06 during the whole character battles thing?

Go to the character section, all the threads are still there. They are invisible unless you change your options, but there are a lot of links to stuff in that section.

I forgot who the other character is, I think it's Sigurd or something...

I dunno, it was 2 years ago.
Sigurd? Yeah, that was proven to be fake. Heck, Sigurd only got two votes in the official Japanese Melee poll. I bet you also still think that Sigurd was Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character. (Hint: Its not)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sigurd? Yeah, that was proven to be fake. Heck, Sigurd only got two votes in the official Japanese Melee poll. I bet you also still think that Sigurd was Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character. (Hint: Its not)
Well, prove he's not Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, I was just being facetious, but whatever...

I never liked Siguard anyway, and I think that link proves Roy was probably planned or something.

Sukapon would have been cool.
Yeah, that link has a lot of info on stuff that keeps getting referenced to in this thread, for whatever reason (and it has sources!).

One thing I've always wanted to know: How the heck did you amass OVER 9000 posts?!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, that link has a lot of info on stuff that keeps getting referenced to in this thread, for whatever reason (and it has sources!).

One thing I've always wanted to know: How the heck did you amass OVER 9000 posts?!
I dunno, I got 8,900 of them in 2007...

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well, I was just being facetious, but whatever...

I never liked Sigurd anyway, and I think that link proves Roy was probably planned or something.

Sukapon would have been cool.
Meh, I prefer Celice, but Sigurd would be a cool fighter IMO.

The FE representatives I see are: Marth, Sigurd/Celice (one of them), Roy and Ike. If just 3, I'd discard Sigurd/Celice, unless they, like Marth, get a remake of their game, or many other circunstances (being positive or negative the result of course). And please... Don't. Mention. The. Black. Knight. I hate him as a potential fighter for SSB (that would bring too much focus into Ike's storyline, no Fire Emblem storyline needs more attention than another one).

Eh, didn't Sakurai mention that Sukapon would be a bit too hard to give a battlestyle?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Eh, didn't Sakurai mention that Sukapon would be a bit too hard to give a battlestyle?
According to the link I posted:

"Sukapon was “planned” at some point for Melee (actually, it’s not totally clear. It could have been (but probably wasn’t) the first Smash), but the team didn’t go through with it. Sakurai tells two fans that they probably shouldn’t expect to see Sukapon in the future. In an earlier comment, he said it was “doubtful” that the game would make it overseas."

It sounds like they didn't want him (it?) in because he (it?) wouldn't be well-known. I think I remember a Sakurai quote that said something about Sukapon being hard to implement, but this guy didn't mention it.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Characters/ATs/whatever uniquely from certain regions are cool. Especially when they pull a Fire Emblem and get the series released new places.

It'd be real nice if they balanced it out, like, by adding several. We could have Sukapon, Stafy (Japan), Tingle (Popular only outside of US), Mike Jones (NA/Europe), and the Elite Beat Agents (Na, Australia, and Europe). All of those characters deserve at least an Assist Trophy spot, if you ask me, and some already do but should be playable.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Character wish list ( I know some characters don't have a chance at all, but I still want them in! )

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad ( NEW )

The Legend Of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda ( NEW )

Metroid Series
Samus
Ridley ( NEW )
Metroid ( NEW )

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh ( NEW )

Earthbound/Mother Series
Ness
Lucas
Ninten ( NEW )

Warioware Series
Wario
Mona ( NEW )

Nintendog Series ( NEW )
Nintendog ( WITH DIFFRENT BREEDS ) ( NEW )

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Staryu ( NEW )
Generation Pokemon Trainer

Ice Climber series
Ice Climbers

Game & Watch series
Mr Game & Watch

Animal Crossing series
Animal Crosser ( Boy and Girl ) ( NEW )

Kid Icarus series
Pit

Starfox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Panther ( NEW )

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Lyn ( NEW )

Pikmin series
Olimar

Densetsu no Stafy ( NEW )
Stafy ( NEW )
Stapy ( NEW )

Chibi Robo series ( NEW )
Chibi Robo ( NEW )
Telly Vision ( NEW )

I like everything except for the absence of golden sun and mega man and more importantly

Starfox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Panther ( NEW )
Bast... what? Bast is an Egyptian god. So I said bast.
ardheh, sucker...

You forgot KRYSTAL
, thus you are a bogan.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meh, I prefer Celice, but Sigurd would be a cool fighter IMO.

The FE representatives I see are: Marth, Sigurd/Celice (one of them), Roy and Ike. If just 3, I'd discard Sigurd/Celice, unless they, like Marth, get a remake of their game, or many other circunstances (being positive or negative the result of course). And please... Don't. Mention. The. Black. Knight. I hate him as a potential fighter for SSB (that would bring too much focus into Ike's storyline, no Fire Emblem storyline needs more attention than another one).

Celice actually got double the amount of votes compared to Sigurd for the official Japanese Melee poll (four). However, Marth had more than double the amount of votes that Celice got. Anyway, I agree. I personally think Roy would be the best representative for the Elibe arc. As for Jugdral, one of the three lords from that arc could be made into a costume of Marth, Ike, and Roy. Marth and Celice are very similar in build and appearance (heck, Tyrfing almost looks the same as Falchion). Sigurd could be a costume of Ike if Ike's FE10 incarnation is used to SSB4. Leaf could be of Roy since the Sword of Light can heal and attack from afar much like Roy's Sword of Seals, assuming Roy is given those abilities if he is brought back.

Also, I agree on the Black Knight being overmentioned.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, Black Knight. I am probably the only one who wished Ephraim had more popularity than he does, just because I thought he was a rather good lord. Being he could use a spear and all, I thought the implications would have been rather intriguing. Oh well... We can't have everything, Capcom proved that one. :\

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Celice actually got double the amount of votes compared to Sigurd for the official Japanese Melee poll (four). However, Marth had more than double the amount of votes that Celice got. Anyway, I agree. I personally think Roy would be the best representative for the Elibe arc. As for Jugdral, one of the three lords from that arc could be made into a costume of Marth, Ike, and Roy. Marth and Celice are very similar in build and appearance (heck, Tyrfing almost looks the same as Falchion). Sigurd could be a costume of Ike if Ike's FE10 incarnation is used to SSB4. Leaf could be of Roy since the Sword of Light can heal and attack from afar much like Roy's Sword of Seals, assuming Roy is given those abilities if he is brought back.

Also, I agree on the Black Knight being overmentioned.
Well, that's quite right, Tyrfing looks almost like Falchion, well... 90% too much. The new Falchion design may change stuff in the future? **** it, Masamune Shirow, I don't like what you did to Falchion, bring back the previous artist!.

Just Lords for Fire Emblem, period. Fire Emblem does not need any villian.

According to the link I posted:

"Sukapon was “planned” at some point for Melee (actually, it’s not totally clear. It could have been (but probably wasn’t) the first Smash), but the team didn’t go through with it. Sakurai tells two fans that they probably shouldn’t expect to see Sukapon in the future. In an earlier comment, he said it was “doubtful” that the game would make it overseas."

It sounds like they didn't want him (it?) in because he (it?) wouldn't be well-known. I think I remember a Sakurai quote that said something about Sukapon being hard to implement, but this guy didn't mention it.
Yeah, I remember that.

Sukapon is not one of my favorites, and it seems that it isn't now one of Sakurai's, right?

Well, the comment I did previously was based on a link (which I lost now, thank y'all very much) of certain forums (different from the one you gave) and it commented on Sakurai saying what I commented.

But heck, I don't know anything about Sukapon, so I can't argue much about him(it) so, don't bring a discussion about Sukapon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, that's quite right, Tyrfing looks almost like Falchion, well... 90% too much. The new Falchion design may change stuff in the future? **** it, Masamune Shirow, I don't like what you did to Falchion, bring back the previous artist!.

Just Lords for Fire Emblem, period. Fire Emblem does not need any villian..

Why only lords?

I would like to play as a villain. I already like playing as Bowser and Ganondorf, etc.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Why only lords?

I would like to play as a villain. I already like playing as Bowser and Ganondorf, etc.
Fire Emblem, well, has many different stories. The Main Characters would only fit in a game like Smash.

Unless you want a game like Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Each Main Hero against Each Main Villian. It won't work in Smash though.

Nah, it's a matter of oppinion, but no. I don't think Fire Emblem really needs a villian to be represented in Smash. Only Lords.

For me, as a FE fan, it would bother me to have the Main Character and Main Villian in Smash (even Roy's enemy: Zephiel, ugh).
Specially the Black Knight.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fire Emblem, well, has many different stories. The Main Characters would only fit in a game like Smash.

Unless you want a game like Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Each Main Hero against Each Main Villian. It won't work in Smash though.

Nah, it's a matter of oppinion, but no. I don't think Fire Emblem really needs a villian to be represented in Smash. Only Lords.

For me, as a FE fan, it would bother me to have the Main Character and Main Villian in Smash (even Roy's enemy: Zephiel, ugh).
Specially the Black Knight.
Well, I've been playing all the fire emblems since I was first able to download the second game many many years ago, and have been a fan of the series.

The lords wouldn't exactly be heroes unless they had a villain, and I don't see a problem with Smash being like dissidia and having the main villain and the main heroes. It doesn't have them all yet, but there aren't that many more...Ridley, someone from Fire Emblem. Some of the games don't have main villains, so they wouldn't really work (The ice climber's entrace is them riding on their main villain)

Aphelion102

Smash Rookie
I want to see Issac in Brawl! :D as well as a few others that stand NO chance of making it (Ratix anyone?) but I also want to see a few other characters that really should be in. Such as Waluigi, Birdo, Boo, Vaati, Wolf Link, Hector, King K rool etc

But I would like to see them fix the things that are wrong first

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I want to see Issac in Brawl! :D as well as a few others that stand NO chance of making it (Ratix anyone?) but I also want to see a few other characters that really should be in. Such as Waluigi, Birdo, Boo, Vaati, Wolf Link, Hector, King K rool etc

But I would like to see them fix the things that are wrong first
Cancling was my fav char...but he got fired D:

Some say floatyness replaced him O_O

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I've been playing all the fire emblems since I was first able to download the second game many many years ago, and have been a fan of the series.

The lords wouldn't exactly be heroes unless they had a villain, and I don't see a problem with Smash being like dissidia and having the main villain and the main heroes. It doesn't have them all yet, but there aren't that many more...Ridley, someone from Fire Emblem. Some of the games don't have main villains, so they wouldn't really work (The ice climber's entrace is them riding on their main villain)
Most of the characters won't need villains to accompany them because they're either

a) too big

b) not very notable

c) nonexistent

or

d) not combat-ready.

On the other hand, the villains that I want to see playable are King K. Rool, Ridley (or Sylux), Claus, Black Shadow (or Samurai Goroh, who's more of an anti-hero) and Leon or Panther (more of a stretch, though). If Star Man gets included, his villain should be The Amazon (close enough).

Anybody else is gravy.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

If that's the case, I have no problems with any FE villian in Smash, of course, I mean, them as bosses.

I absolutely refuse having them as Playable Characters though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Most of the characters won't need villains to accompany them because they're either

a) too big

b) not very notable

c) nonexistent

or

d) not combat-ready.

On the other hand, the villains that I want to see playable are King K. Rool, Ridley (or Sylux), Claus, Black Shadow (or Samurai Goroh, who's more of an anti-hero) and Leon or Panther (more of a stretch, though). If Star Man gets included, his villain should be The Amazon (close enough).

Anybody else is gravy.
Other than Ridley, K. Rool, Clause, and Black Shadow...who else has villains that you are saying are too big/ etc anyway? Only Fire Emblem...And the Black Knight isn't too big

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

a) too big

b) not very notable

c) nonexistent

or

d) not combat-ready.

Anybody else is gravy.
No love for Captain Syrup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom