• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Team speical attack eh? How will it work, do it requre somthing speical to happen, or will it just happen when you press a good amount of buttons at the right moment?

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Right, here's an adventure mode idea

THE ORIGIN OF SMASH

All the video game universes peacefully exist on their own. However a great evil creates rifts that link the universes together. This causes chaos. The playable characters each have individual adventures across video game universes in order to find and destroy this great evil. These stories overlap and have a common final boss, but also have \different styles for the different characters despite similar controls, a la Kirby Superstar.

For example:
Mario's adventure levels involve a lot of platforming
Link's involve intricate dungeons
Samus' involve backtracking, and/or a single giant world (probably too hard to implement)
Captain Falcon has a lot of races against the clock and chases.
Mr Game and Watch has repetitive multi man brawls and other Game and Watch like games
Wario has both extremely short challenges and levels with a lot of hidden areas.
etc.

The first level of each story takes place in the character's own universe, and then at some point they transition into other universes via a cutscene. Unlockable characters appear in the stories, but you need to unlock them elsewhere in order to play their story (although you are never inhibited from finishing a story due to not having a character).

Ending:
Master hand is behind the whole thing. The game leads you to believe that he aims to destory all the universes by having the heroes (and villains) in each universe take each other out in fights. However it is revealed that he only did this for pure fun (after you complete all the story modes). When each of the universes are restored to normal, the characters miss working together and fighting against each other.

Then there are 2 possible outcomes:
Normal: Master hand returns somehow and together all the characters create a world where they can all fight against eachother, turning into trophies etc. (deliberately corny and cliched ending)
Special: All the characters are shown on the floor in neatly organised piles. Then, the sound of door opening is heard, and master hand flies in, picks Mario, Kirby, Zelda and Peach up drops them onto a table. Then some stationery is rearranged, and their world comes to life just like in the opening cutscene of the original. This seamlessly transitions into the opening cutscene of brawl.

Thoughts?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Special: All the characters are shown on the floor in neatly organised piles. Then, the sound of door opening is heard, and master hand flies in, picks Mario, Kirby, Zelda and Peach up drops them onto a table. Then some stationery is rearranged, and their world comes to life just like in the opening cutscene of the original. This seamlessly transitions into the opening cutscene of brawl.
Why Zelda and Peach additionally? Because those two were together with Mario and Kirby at the beginning of the SSE?
I'd rather say have Mario, a newcomer from Melee, a newcomer from Brawl and a newcomer from SSB4 be the 4 dolls.

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
An adventure mode with voice acting.

New characters:Megaman. NiGHTS. Shadow the Hedgehog. Chaos(from the Sonic series.)Marina Liteyear(from Mischief Makers.)Geno and Mallow.(SMRPG FTW!)

New Stages:The Dream Gate from NiGHTS.The ARK and Angel Island from the Sonic series. Smithy's Factory.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I don't know if they can do voice acting for most of the chracters. I mean a lot of chracters don't have they own voice actors from their games or anime like Lucario, King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Bowser etc. But it would be sweet if they could do that, or at least give us a message box to know what their doing. ^_^;

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
The begining four should always stay as Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby.

Thankyou. You are a god amongst us. You speak the truth.

Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby in my opinion should the the main characters of a smash single player. Well, all--but those are the "main" main ones. Like.. idk how to explain it--but yes.

I don't know if they can do voice acting for most of the chracters. I mean a lot of chracters don't have they own voice actors from their games or anime like Lucario, King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Bowser etc. But it would be sweet if they could do that, or at least give us a message box to know what their doing. ^_^;
Voice-overs=no-no, it'd be horrible, just look at Sonic game's voice acting--do we really want that happening to Mario?!

One narrator would be good--or just text boxes like you said.

re we talking 2D or 3D single player?

I've said this a long time ago but I'll state it again, for a 3D single player ONLY game (you know, story focused and 3D roaming intstead of 2D platforming). This is my idea of a level for Kirby entitled "Whispy Woods". You originally play it as Kirby, but it is replayable and required to be backtracked to with other characters once they are unlocked.

WHISPY WOODS

A tree-covered area, trees extending high into the air. A cliff overlooks the area, a green pipe atop it. Near the entrance to Whispy Woods is a Star Button; pressing it will trigger the lighting of a fuse, that leads deep into the forest to a canon in the middle of a clearing.

the fuse travels fast, and none of the characters available at the beginning of the game can access it; this calls for someone fast! Once Sonic is unlocked, return to the level to access the canon. Press the switch, then race against the fuse through the forest in order to blast away in the canon.

A path leads to the canon, Sonic's (and other character's during normal gameplay) travel being interrupted by dead trees blocking parts of the path and what not, as well as local Kirby Enemies (Dedede's army and locals) patrolling the area.

The cannon will launch you to Dedede's castle, where at the front gate you face a boss. After defeating that boss, you unlock the second kirby "world", Mt. Dedede. After defeating teh boss, Sonic is knocked off the mountain, back into Whispy Woods. When using the canon again, you are launched to the clifftop with the green pipe (it's a mario pipe), which will warp you to the bottom of Mt. Dedede.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I think a special Item for every character would be awesome ^^

Ganondorf -> Sword
Mario -> Turns into Raccoon Mario
Luigi -> Poltergust 3000

Or maybe things like assist trophies but every Character has one own.

Bowser -> Bowser Jr.
Ice CLimbers -> The bird ^^ (idk the name)
Peach -> Toad
Sonic -> Tails

Something like that.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Voice acting wouldn't work.
Luigi could end up falling down a hole and landing on a magic balloon lol.
Anyway, I like the idea of each series having different gameplay. most of the series could have 2D gameplay, but what about Starfox, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon and Pikmin?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Voice acting wouldn't work.
Luigi could end up falling down a hole and landing on a magic balloon lol.
Anyway, I like the idea of each series having different gameplay. most of the series could have 2D gameplay, but what about Starfox, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon and Pikmin?
They can easily have 2D.

ay for one level it is a scroller, and You are in the arwing as Fox, shooting down stuff, maybe covering someone on the ground?

For snake, you have to avoid spotlights and what not, stay under-cover; if you fire off a single shot, you're caught! Note that isn't for all levels because then... why give snake any weapons?

Pokemon would work just like all the other 2D'ers like Mario and the like, i think.

Pikmin as well..?

Akiak

Smash Ace
The Starfox series in SSE could use a Space invaders style gameplay where there are rows of characters and by shooting quickly you kill them before they get away.

Pokemon could have other trainers throwing Pokeballs with over pokes and whatnot.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Does anyone want the primid to return?

I think that if the story was actually.... good, they primid would be great--they are a great concept, they just need..... a LOT of fine-tuning.

Also, Yoshi should be able to eat them, and Kirby should be able to eat them and gain an ability. COME ON!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Does anyone want the primid to return?

I think that if the story was actually.... good, they primid would be great--they are a great concept, they just need..... a LOT of fine-tuning.

Also, Yoshi should be able to eat them, and Kirby should be able to eat them and gain an ability. COME ON!
It kind of depends, is Tabuu comming back? He's kind of the whole reason why there were so many Primids. That or if Mr. Game & Watch powers get's used again. And use, Yoshi and Kirby should be able to eat the enemys on Kirby getting powers depends if he can do that in a reguler match. It was kind of strange that they couldn't eat the SSE army in this Adventrue Mode.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why thank you XD.
The only problem with this idea is that we would already know the ending, so we wouldn't be as motivated to play the game.
Unless we think of a twist :laugh:
You mean that Mario will not know that Luigi brought a secret weapon with him, and Luigi responding that it's Mama Luigi to Mario?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
It kind of depends, is Tabuu comming back? He's kind of the whole reason why there were so many Primids. That or if Mr. Game & Watch powers get's used again. And use, Yoshi and Kirby should be able to eat the enemys on Kirby getting powers depends if he can do that in a reguler match. It was kind of strange that they couldn't eat the SSE army in this Adventrue Mode.

Personally, I'd like it if Tabuu came back.

They'd be better off restarting the story (NOT going through the same events again, mind you). Actually explain the Mr. Game & Watch's produce shadow bugs--you have to look at the **** trophy to figure that out--WTF!!!

the story has to be MUCH more detailed.

And yeah, Yoshi should eat and Kirby, inhale.

Should Kirby get new abilities, or the same types of abilities he gets from regular characters, depending on what type of enemy he eats?

BlackaDenBlack

Smash Cadet
I think a special Item for every character would be awesome ^^

Ganondorf -> Sword
Mario -> Turns into Raccoon Mario
Luigi -> Poltergust 3000

Or maybe things like assist trophies but every Character has one own.

Bowser -> Bowser Jr.
Ice CLimbers -> The bird ^^ (idk the name)
Peach -> Toad
Sonic -> Tails

Something like that.
Tails as an assist trophy would be sweet...but what exactly would he do? lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Tails as an assist trophy would be sweet...but what exactly would he do? lol
I've made a Tails AT in MYM over there - though it's somewhere in between over 500 pages, and I'm not wanting to dig it out again.
Basically I've made him classic Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Tails in the Tornado, flying around in the stage and ramming enemies.

BlackaDenBlack

Smash Cadet
I've made a Tails AT in MYM over there - though it's somewhere in between over 500 pages, and I'm not wanting to dig it out again.
Basically I've made him classic Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Tails in the Tornado, flying around in the stage and ramming enemies.
That sounds cool...Dixie Kong would be a bad *** assist trophy, and I'm still waiting on King K. Rool to be a character...lls

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think that was a smart move from Sakurai, because then people would read the freaking trophy descriptions even if they weren't such nerds like me who do it anyway!
Yes but they would never know to read them!

And if they are even the slightest bit nerdy, then they won't skip the cutscens like everyone else does, so they'd find out that way!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There we go with that AT...

Tails

(without Sonic, tho...)

Okay, this one is pretty oldschool. Tails is in the form of his first appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. He looks left, right and then flies upwards (you know, with his tails, that cute little guy!). He then shortly returns in the good ol' Tornado, blasting semi-homing into enemy, knocking them around. Damage is 10-13% each hit.

@LUVTOY:
I dunno, if I get trophies about parts of the story by unlocking them somehow, I would read them.

Frown

poekmon
Mario: Mainly one-liners.

Luigi: Same as Mario.

Peach: Ditto.

Bowser: Never speaks as far as I know.

Donkey Kong: Is a monkey and can't speak.

Diddy Kong: Is a monkey with a hat and can't speak.

Yoshi: Can only say "Yoshi" and "haungahuahng" and stuff.

Wario: I think he was a narrator or something in Mario Golf for Gamecube.

Link: The only words he has ever said is "I found a mirror under the table".

Zelda: Very quiet.

Ganondorf: Also very quiet. But in an evil way.

Toon Link: Mostly HIYAAAAAH.

Samus: She has never had anyone to speak to.

Pit: Should shut up but doesn't.

Ice Climbers: ...

R.O.B: Has no mouth.

Kirby: HAAAAAAI

Meta Knight: Victory is his destiny.

King Dedede: He only speaks in the cartoon, right?

Olimar: Can't even yell.

Space animals: Lots of dialouge here.

Captain Falcon: Too cool to say anything but "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES" and such.

Pokémon minus Lucario: Yeah, Pokémon dialouge would make sense.

Lucario: He's out in the next game.

Marth: Perhaps... subtitles?

Ike: I see no problem here.

Ness and Lucas: No idea.

G&W: BLEEP

Snake: The only character to have dialouge in Brawl.

Sonic: See Pit.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I think the adventure mode should focus more on Michael Jackson, though...
Edit: I don't know how the hell that came out.... I meant to say the adventure mode should focus more on non-original characters and bring baddies from other series.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I don't REALLY think they should have an adventure mode unless...
1. There's some major third-partyage/new characters, so some new features are added
2. Actual voices and/or subtitles
3. Not totally general locations, they must have something to do with Nintendo/Sega/Sony locations
4. Have the mystery of Meta-Knight revealed as a side storyline (This isn't a major requirement, it's just something that'd be nice )

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Meta Knight's past is dusted off in Kirby: Right Back At Ya! (the anime). You also learn a lot of stuff, and the information is canon as far as I know, as it's made by the man himself.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
The only brawl characters who have ever been voice acted successfully (ie more than one liners) in a game or otherwise are Fox and Snake (I haven't heard lucario's voice in his movie, and the other pokemin don't count). All other characters, at best, come off as laughably corny. At worst, you get Super Mario Sunshine bowser and CDI link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom