• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I thought we called the name subject taboo... (SSBIV or SSB4 and I'm satisified.)
Anyway, I might as well let this return to the first page...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Personally, I'm partial to Super Smash Bros. Frenzy, although Clash has a nice sound to it as well...

gantrain05

Smash Master
The ONLY names I will allow (yes, I'm in charge of this now) are:

Super Smash Bros. Clash
Super Smash Bros. Donnybrook
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Beach Volleyball

So... Take your pick from those.
i still want Super Smash Bros. Argument

probably be the best game ever, and it would increase our debating skillz here on smashboards tenfold.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
It's either gonna be:

Super Smash Bros. Combat
Super Smash Bros. Clash
Super Smash Bros. Riot

I'm not that keen to "Clash" but it seems to be popular so I added it.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
No. F-Zero is among the 10 best selling franchises of Nintendo, whereas Star Fox is not. Captain Falcon is just one among the huge pile of drivers in F-Zero, and its characters are hardly known, because noone pays attention to them - but still; the F-Zero series' selling numbers outclass those of Star Fox. Even Smash with its first 2 installments outclassed Star Fox. .
I stopped reading after here. Outclassed you say? . I hate the idea of, "Oh, Franchise A did better than Franchise B, so Franchise A should have more characters"

Despite the fact that other games might've outclassedsold their counterparts, each game has its own fanbase, and I think if Nintendo were to make an SSB4, they should cater to every freaking fanbase out there, so there's no "If only _____ had been in SSB4"

As far as characters from other franchises, I'd say that third party reps should be encouraged, but they shouldn't go overboard, which means no FF7, no God of War, and no other fighting games. Perhaps we can fudge for the sake of Megaman and Crash Bandicoot, but it should be limited somewhat.

Oh, and Phoenix Wright would be the best WTF character ever.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I stopped reading after here. Outclassed you say? . I hate the idea of, "Oh, Franchise A did better than Franchise B, so Franchise A should have more characters"

Despite the fact that other games might've outclassedsold their counterparts, each game has its own fanbase, and I think if Nintendo were to make an SSB4, they should cater to every freaking fanbase out there, so there's no "If only _____ had been in SSB4"
I agree, and believe this is one of the reasons Sakurai left Nintendo; he didn't put what people wanted into his own series (more challenge), leading to endless sequel requests that he couldn't handle. Hopefully this won't happen for SSB4, cause if the characters everyone wanted, like Ridley or Krystal or several other shoe-ins, got into Brawl, along with a WELL BALANCED AND HARDCORE GAME (not even hardcore, just better for competitive players; cause casual gamers play mainly with other casual gamers; they honestly don't give a f*** about competition) there would be much less demands for an SSB4.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's either gonna be:

Super Smash Bros. Combat
Super Smash Bros. Clash
Super Smash Bros. Riot

I'm not that keen to "Clash" but it seems to be popular so I added it.
Seeing as how "Clash" is a popular word in Japan for fighting or crossover, and ESPECIALLY crossover fighting games, I don't think "Clash" is that far off. Now which sounds better, Super Smash Bros. Clash or Super Clash Bros.?

I absolutely agree with notftomearth7. Probably for all the "wrong" reasons, but I do nonetheless.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I like Riot, Clash or Frenzy. Those sound like good names to me.

What do you wanna bet that if/when we get Krystal, she'll not even use her staff.

§leepy God

Smash Master
If they have a Mario stage just like Delfino Plaza but in Super Mario Galaxy that would be freaken awesome. Have the fight go to the main area, then go to diffrent galaxies and such, well you can tell that's my favorite Mario game. :)

That and Miku Hatsune should be in Brawl. XP jk

Micaiah is the only new chracter that I want. And Ike and Ness to return.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If they have a Mario stage just like Delfino Plaza but in Super Mario Galaxy that would be freaken awesome. Have the fight go to the main area, then go to diffrent galaxies and such, well you can tell that's my favorite Mario game. :)

That and Miku Hatsune should be in Brawl. XP jk

Micaiah is the only new chracter that I want. And Ike and Ness to return.
Despite how awesome that would be, it would never happen. I can see her using her leek and panda as part of her movesets.

Bay Balla

Smash Rookie
New Characters

The New Characters Should be...
Samurai Goroh-F
King K. Rool
Birdo
Waluigi
Kraid-Metroid
Bomberman
Banjo and Kazooie
Viewtiful Joe
Goemon
Buck Bumble
Glover
Knuckles, Tails, Shadow-Sonic Games
Krystal, Peppy, Slippy, Leon-Star Fox
Simon Belmont-Castlevania
Louie-Pikmin 2
Geno-Super Mario RPG
Claus-Mother 3
Main Character from Harvest Moon with the dog
MegaMan
Rayman
AiAi-Super Monkey Ball

ASSIST TROPHIES
Chain Chomp
Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land
Balloon Fighter
De Blob
Project HAMMER guy
Elite Beat Agents
Dr. Lobe
Raving Rabbidds from Rayman

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
On assist trophies, it always pisses me off to see an assist trophy that could have very easily been a playable character. If they're not important enough to be characters, why animate them, give them a highly detailed character model and get voice acting for them? They may as well have made them playable characters, even clones. In the next game I'd like all the assist trophies to be non viable characters (think the andross assist trophy), not characters that just didn't make the cut. Same with pokemon too I guess. It pisses me off to see Scizor in melee when they could have made him a great playable character (I remember him being a lot more popular than pichu back in the day as well), but they still bother to animate and voice him to some extent. I'm sure most of you would disagree, but I'd rather not see Mewtwo at all then see him as a pokeball pokemon, for example.

The multiple stories thing is kind of like soul calibur I guess, but I kind of thought more of Sonic adventure 2 (sonic heroes I think had it as well, but I never played that game), where you have many different sides on the same story, and while most platforming levels and boss fights are different, there would be some overlaps in location (like one level would involve you gliding down a hill with pit, and another level would be you climbing the same hill with Donkey Kong) and fights between characters. 50+ different stories would be a bit intense and hard to manage though. I might write out a draft treatment (aka Fanfic), because I am super keen on this idea.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Despite how awesome that would be, it would never happen. I can see her using her leek and panda as part of her movesets.
Yea, she could have her move sets from Mugan or transform into a deadly robot. Hmm, maybe she could voice a few songs in the next Smash Bros. :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yea, she could have her move sets from Mugan or transform into a deadly robot. Hmm, maybe she could voice a few songs in the next Smash Bros. :D
What would she sing?

Anyway, Rin and Len with their steamroller would make a great Assist Trophy.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Character colorer! Like for example in Mario choose the color of the cap, the M, The shirt, the, jeans etc.

And you know how hackers can modify the game to control the camera however they want?
They never found ANY glitches or badly rendered crap so by limiting the camera's movement, Sakurai just simply hid some of the artwork of the game!
So... UNLIMITED CAMERA!!!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
The New Characters Should be...
Samurai Goroh-F
King K. Rool
Birdo
Waluigi
Kraid-Metroid
Bomberman
Banjo and Kazooie Rare can't make it.
Viewtiful Joe
Goemon
Buck Bumble
Glover
Knuckles, Tails, Shadow-Sonic Games
Krystal, Peppy, Slippy, Leon-Star Fox
Simon Belmont-Castlevania
Louie-Pikmin 2
Geno-Super Mario RPG
Claus, Flint, Kumatora or Salsa, Remake Ness and Lucas-Mother 3
Main Character from Harvest Moon with the dog
MegaMan
Rayman
AiAi-Super Monkey Ball

ASSIST TROPHIES
Chain Chomp
Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land
Balloon Fighter
De Blob
Project HAMMER guy
Elite Beat Agents
Dr. Lobe
Raving Rabbidds from Rayman
Fixed for accuracy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Ray MK III would be a cool addition, too (now that I've started Custom Robo Arena, lawl).
I was kind of thinking of him, I have no idea why he's so small in Brawl, but then again, I haven't got too into the sieres. ^_^;

Don't click the link above! It has a virus in it!
I almost clicked on it to. =/

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Don't double post :p

And they need a BETTER ZSS and Samus.

And Samus would have her REAL charge shot, not this pathetic crap we get in Brawl that Sakurai calls a Neutral B.

And her charge shot would have the Ice Beam incorporated into it, with extreme knockback.

YES.

And ZSS wouldn't have a lame F-smash either.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Final or Forward? Final Smash is crap, heh. The suit pieces should fly in from random places on the side of the screen and people would have to dodge them, all the while getting sucked toward ZSS, where they get shocked for 50%.

Forward needs to be better. It needs to sweetspot behind ZSS.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Samus:
Nar. Ice Missiles, Wave moderately charged, Power rapid fire uncharged, Plasma full charge. >:3
I've been vouching for Ice Missiles for a while now.
Upgrade Super Missiles to Ice Missiles!
Yes to Ice Missiles. Ice Missile + (Full) Charge Shot = SUCCESS!
Not too sure on the rapid fire uncharged shots, I'd prefer to charge in the air, like Lucario.

Zero Suit Samus:
And they need a BETTER ZSS and Samus.
Zero Suit Samus seems too light. Don't mind her not having a short-hop, she definitely has killing power in the air and awesome recovery. She lacks killing power on land, perhaps a sweeter spot in her forward smash that is actually behind her at the tip of the whip.

Ganondorf:
Stall-and-falls don't make attacks like Wizard Foot seem that special anymore, I don't see why Ganondorf's Down-B turn into his Dair, and turn his Down-B into a projectile of dark energy that can be deflected by bladed weapons as an easter egg.

Ness:
In Melee, his dash attack's first frame would push very far, seemed like a glitch, but it was very effective. I don't think it's in Brawl, but it was very useful, could be even more useful in Brawl since the speed was reduced. Ness could have used PK Flash as they recovered from it or Meteor Smashed them.

PK Flash is another thing-- needs it's big hit box range. It's basically useless now and now you have to press B again to release. Better off doing the D-tilts or edge hogging with a diagonal PK Fire to their death.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
That fSmash is exactly what I said about ZSS further up there XD At least we think the same. I was thinking about how they can redo Ness and Lucas to be truer to their games, and add Princess Kumatora and give her Lucas' specials (since, in Mother 3, she has ALL of Lucas' Brawl specials, including Starstorm).

Lucas:

uSpec: Birdcage: Like Cypher, but more horizontal range.
sSpec: PK Flash: ZSS sSpec range, unchargable, random effect on opponent (including being smashed hard)
dSpec: Shield: Gives Lucas brief Super Armor. If timed right, stuns opponent momentarily to be countered.
nSpec: PSI Counter: Like Zelda's nSpec, except faster and undamaging.
Final Smash: PK Love Omega: The screen begins exploding in a flashing pale blue light, random places. If hit by it, deals 30% and considerable knockback.

Ness:
uSpec: Teleport: Rush in one of 16 directions. Hitting an opponent stops it but deals enough knockback to stage spike. On ground, you gain speed until you slam into somebody. If you don't slam into somebody, you teleport to the edge you were facing (of the platform). More knockback but more cooldown the faster you go.
sSpec: Hypnosis: Shoots a small swirly ball forward that puts the opponent to sleep briefly.
dSpec: Paralysis: Briefly protects Ness in two sparkly balls. If the opponent touches him, they get shocked (like Zamus dSmash).
nSpec: PSI Rockin: Chargable, envelops Ness in a blue, red, and yellow sphere that can almost instant kill if charged long enough.
Final Smash: PSI Flash Omega: A swirly bright light begins enveloping the screen, and afterward, everybody gets hit by a random effect (high chance of being a 40% damage instant kill). Lasts long enough for most dodges to fail avoiding it.

<.<;; *runs*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm guessing with Ness and Lucaus Final Smash's case, make them less like Kumatora right?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm guessing with Ness and Lucaus Final Smash's case, make them less like Kumatora right?

Yes, and makes them much more faithful to their original games, something that has been lacking in Smash in general. Also, I would swap PK Flash and Rockin' since I want Ness' Final Smash to be him rocking out or something to that effect.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell from my signature, I support the tomboy princess. However, I'd be more than happy if she became a legitimate alt. for Lucas (think Tekken) as this eliminates the clone issue and indirectly adds a rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom