• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
and why do you want more lag?
not necessarily more, just more equal amount of landing lag, and seeing as removing it all would looks ********, adding it to lagless ariels seems to be the better approach.

marth's f-air, mk's f-air

that is all

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Toise, so we have:

Megaman
Claus
Geno
King K Rool
Tetris Block
King Dedede
Sigurd
Ridley
Black Shadow

A lot of King K Rool suggestions. Not just him as a character but his music ect. He shoulda made it in :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ssb4: i dont care much for characters that get taken out or which new ones go in (providing ike stays, that is)
i reckon a cool gameplay changer to add would be the ability for characters with tether grabs to be able to have a normal grab aswell, no idea how they would *** it though, maybe making shieldgrab a non-tether for characters like samus and link, lets face it, samus and zss really want a non-tether grab because their grab's are so god-awful
also they need to remove autocancel aerial's, give them at least a little bit of landing lag, honestly
Well, one thing they can do for close grabs is to program the game where you pull out the close range grab if there is a character that is a certain distance or less away from you.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Anyways, Lucario is the only one who will most likely be cut. R.O.B. has a possability i guess. But unlikely.
Guys, am I the only one who thinks Snake is among the most likely to get cut?

EDIT: Also, it's unfortunate that the new DKC doesn't have K. Rool as far as we can tell for now. That pretty much would have sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Lucario is seen to the outer pokemon fans as a Legendary pokemon. So when another one comes in, Lucario's going to get old. I don't necessarily mind Lucario staying, but I don't mind him leaving. I'm moreorless neutral on the argument, but the facts say that he's most likely getting the boot.

Oh, and another thing. Lucario got a lot of fame from his movie. Darkrai's having a movie. And he's probably going to be seen to any non fans as a legendary. So maybe that's the replacement. I'm not saying it's 100% confirmed in my mind, but it's a thought.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Guys, am I the only one who thinks Snake is among the most likely to get cut?

EDIT: Also, it's unfortunate that the new DKC doesn't have K. Rool as far as we can tell for now. That pretty much would have sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned.
No, I agree. There's plenty of reasons why Sakurai might include/exclude any 3rd parties, especially compared to even someone like Lucario.

On the plus side, there's always time for more Donkey Kong games.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
Lucario is seen to the outer pokemon fans as a Legendary pokemon. So when another one comes in, Lucario's going to get old. I don't necessarily mind Lucario staying, but I don't mind him leaving. I'm moreorless neutral on the argument, but the facts say that he's most likely getting the boot.

Oh, and another thing. Lucario got a lot of fame from his movie. Darkrai's having a movie. And he's probably going to be seen to any non fans as a legendary. So maybe that's the replacement. I'm not saying it's 100% confirmed in my mind, but it's a thought.
thats just stupid. darkrai isnt going to be in smash as a player. theres no way.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It's not really stupid, but it is pretty unlikely considering that a 5th Generation is about to be released.

To be honest, I probably would have prefered Darkrai over Lucario.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I don't like your logic.
That's fine... but do you care to back yourself up?

"I don't like blahblahblah" isn't exactly the best logic either. :ohwell:

I agree with your first paragraph. The future doesn't look good for Lucario.

But why Darkrai? Zoroark has a central role in the upcoming Pokemon movie, and he will probably have a reputation similar to Lucario. He was among the first Pokemon from Black & White to be shown as well, making him a recognizable character and worthy of representing the games.

Pichu was in Melee because of Gold and Silver, but got cut to make room for a Pokemon from a newer generation: Lucario. Now with the newest generation coming up, Zoroark seems to me like the most likely Pokemon to represent it. And Lucario will likely get cut because of it. He was "flavor of the month" (which I find a very stable theory) in Brawl, but won't be in SSB4 like Zoroark will. Plus the structure and likely the fighting style of the two Pokemon is pretty similar.

I;m not saying Zoroark is a lock, but he seems pretty close to it at this point. We'll just have to wait and see for sure.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
That's fine... but do you care to back yourself up?

"I don't like blahblahblah" isn't exactly the best logic either. :oh well:
well i just left a forum where people dont have any logic at all -.- so im still a little paranoid on how people argue on this forum.. im just seeing how it works still. but um.. lucario is the best fighting pokemon for the smash series by far. he's the perfect example of what the game should be like. he can't be replaced yet. as for the whole clone toon link thing, i have a feeling you are a little biased with the zelda series and you play them a lot so you defend it. but even of you aren't, toon link and young link are the same thing just toon link it cartoony. falso and fox are two different characters and as much as i hate lucas, lucas and ness are different too so you cant compare them. i think it's dumb to say that Lucario will definitely be removed just because Mewtwo was.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well i just left a forum where people dont have any logic at all -.- so im still a little paranoid on how people argue on this forum.. im just seeing how it works still. but um.. lucario is the best fighting pokemon for the smash series by far. he's the perfect example of what the game should be like. he can't be replaced yet. as for the whole clone toon link thing, i have a feeling you are a little biased with the zelda series and you play them a lot so you defend it. but even of you aren't, toon link and young link are the same thing just toon link it cartoony. falso and fox are two different characters and as much as i hate lucas, lucas and ness are different too so you cant compare them. i think it's dumb to say that Lucario will definitely be removed just because Mewtwo was.
fair enough, welcome to smashworld forums. we dont argue, were adults and we have debates where we throw massive walls of information and snippets of clues at each other and at the end of it all, think our own side is still the best one XD

i think that one ting that needs to be done is a rather substantial change in ganondorf's moveset, give him stuff he actually does, ingame, he does his f-tilt and his side-b, thats it.

i discussed the normal grab with europes best samus, he approves XD

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
First of all PLEASE don't be scared away by my walls of text, I have a lot of thoughts to share on every subject and every thought has an important point in it!

But anyway, don't worry, plenty of logic is used here. Of course it isn't always the best, but I'm someone who analyzes Sakurai's past words and actions and use them to try to accurately predict what might happen. Of course, anything could happen, but Sakurai's past actions and words are the only things we have to go by.

I have a feeling you are pretty biased toward Lucario... I don't see why he is the "best fighting Pokemon in smash by far" or why he is the "perfect example of what the game shiuld be like." Can you explain what you mean?

As a matter of fact, I've owned only one Zelda title: Ocarina of Time, and I haven't played it in years. Haven't even beaten it yet. I also dislike Toon Link's games (the ones I have played), so if I did support a side I'd be for his removal. But I don't have bias, I just base my predictions on logic that i find. Toon Link will likely stay, but perhaps Sakurai will consider an improved moveset for him. And Toon Link and Link ARE different characters I'm pretty sure...

Finally, my logic on Lucario isn't that he will be leaving because Mewtwo did. In fact, it was Pichu that seems to have been replaced by Lucario. Pichu was "flavor of the month" in Melee and Lucario was "flavor of the month" in Brawl. There are a limited number of slots that would be allowed for the Pokemon series (I mean c'mon, you can't just stuff the game with Pokemon, and even Sakurai knows not to over-represent the bigger titles like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon), so there has to be some room for newer Pokemon.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
well i just left a forum where people dont have any logic at all -.-
Might not like it here then either.

For the record, I maintain that because Mewtwo was planned to return and made it further than any other cut character, Sakurai will at least attempt to bring Lucario back (and possibly Mewtwo as well). Cutting popular characters isn't something he does willingly.

Batman93

Smash Rookie
Yea there has to be GOOD pokemon to put in smash. Lucario is the perfect fighting pokemon though. Everything about him. His aura powers, his fighting style. He's just Lucario. I'm not even an obsessed Pokemon fan that's just how I see him as. I mean maybe he could be replaced with like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop, but that is unlikely. The pattern with Nintendo lately is to suck. At least in my opinion. They care about money and not about how good a game is. They know that if they put in some stupid Pokemon like Onix fans will go crazy and be stupid even though that's a horrible Pokemon to put in. and Toon Link and Link are the same person just in another world.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
No no, every thread I've poked my nose into on this site is completely ********.

And I'm probably not annoying you because I'm not harping on stuff you like right now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No no, every thread I've poked my nose into on this site is completely ********.

And I'm probably not annoying you because I'm not harping on stuff you like right now.
Well, the Light House and Pool Room aren't too bad. At least this isn't GameFAQs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No point getting uppity about online forums. Though since Brawl pretty much divided the fanbase, SWF haven't been as much fun.
You know. I wonder what people were expecting with Brawl. Was everyone, including myself, expecting everyone to move on to Brawl from Melee?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
^ This is really funny; back before Brawl's full roster was released and there were still a lot of secret characters to be revealed someone made a thread in which they leaked (or accurately predicted) the full roster, which made a lot of people boo and baww, including the mod who closed the thread. "This is a terrible roster, that would never happen," etc.

@Toise: The entirety of this site is hardly ********. It's pretty hard to find forums that don't have their fair share of idiots. >_>

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
^ This is really funny; back before Brawl's full roster was released and there were still a lot of secret characters to be revealed someone made a thread in which they leaked (or accurately predicted) the full roster, which made a lot of people boo and baww, including the mod who closed the thread. "This is a terrible roster, that would never happen," etc.
The roster didn't divide the fan base.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
True, it just reminded me along the lines of peoples' disappointment in Brawl.

I guess it was kind of unrelated, sorry. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't worry about it. It was the gameplay that divided the fanbase.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The roster didn't divide the fan base.
Agreed, I dont see why people can't simply put melee into their wii and play as: (insert cut character here) and be okay with that. The only character with a great chance at coming back is mewtwo. Unless Sakurai specifically sets out on a mission to:

A. Not cut anymore characters and B. bring back a few cut ones slowly. Some series lose characters for a while (Soul caliber lost rock for like two games) but then they bring them back. Thats what im hoping with mewtwo.

As for third parties, their is plenty of reasons to drop them, you can say that about any character. Their is plenty of reasons to NOT drop them as well. I hope they dont leave, so long as its someone worthy. No tetris block or Pac Man, please.

all i have to say is no.
I dont like your logic. You gave us no reasons why darkrai is a bad pick, you just say "Blahblahblah! NO!"

Stop tah tah talkin that blah blah blah.

BBQTV

Smash Master
darkrai is not going to be a playable character in smash so why was he brought up? if any cut characters get in the it should be the one with the most original moves which is mewtwo

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Yea there has to be GOOD pokemon to put in smash. Lucario is the perfect fighting pokemon though. Everything about him. His aura powers, his fighting style. He's just Lucario. I'm not even an obsessed Pokemon fan that's just how I see him as. I mean maybe he could be replaced with like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop, but that is unlikely. The pattern with Nintendo lately is to suck. At least in my opinion. They care about money and not about how good a game is. They know that if they put in some stupid Pokemon like Onix fans will go crazy and be stupid even though that's a horrible Pokemon to put in. and Toon Link and Link are the same person just in another world.
Lucario is a good character for smash, i will give you that, but what if Zororark has similar qualities (it is bipedal, has darkish energy [comparable to aura perhaps?]). I'd like to play White version before I bank on how likely Lucario is. If Zoro can fit Lucario's mold adequately, and achieve a comarable populariy level (which is probable, they are using the same marketing tactics they did with lucario).

I would like to tackle the Link issue at another time. I feel one debate at a time is enough.

@BBQ
Do you mean Melee Mewtwo, or the pokemon itself Mewtwo?

Life

Smash Hero
So what Brawl stages are most likely to end up in SSB4?

Not counting FD/BF (they're given), I'm thinking Delfino, Pictochat, PS2, possibly Castle Seige, Summit, Smashville, and possibly Halberd would make good candidates to return.

Delfino: *shrug*
Picto: It's a cool concept, a relatively simple stage that also messes around with hazards
PS2: PS1 stayed in Brawl
CS: Fire Emblem is unpredictable. If we get no new FE reps, it'll stay. On the other hand, if FE is overrepresented, it'll stay too. It'll go if there's some kind of medium.
Summit: Where else do IC's have to go?
SV: What else are you going to do with AC?
Halberd: Lack of Kirby stages in Brawl, especially considering the jump from one to three reps, they actually LOST a stage (Melee had Fountain, GGs, and the 64 stage, Brawl had GGs and Halberd).

Thoughts?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
What qualifies as a GOOD Pokemon or the PERFECT Pokemon in your eyes is based purely on your own bias. How do you know Sakurai shares your bias? I find it funny how you accuse me of being bias of a series that I could care less about when you constantly defend Lucario because you think he is "perfect" or "the best."

Also, you're not an obsessed Pokemon fan? Well, maybe you're not obsessed, but you've got to be a pretty big Pokemon fan to write an essay like the one you wrote. I'm talking about THIS essay if anyone is interested in knowing what I'm referring to.

Like you said, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan or any of those have no chance, really. You seem to think that Smash absolutely requires a fighting type Pokemon though. Sure it is appropriate but SSB64 or Melee didn't have one. Why does SSB4 need one?

Also, I read up on Link and it turns out that Link and Toon Link are diferent characters like Falco is to Fox and Lucas is to Ness. Toon Link comes many years after the Link of Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, who is by that time known as the Hero of Time.

And I have to agree with Shortie's comment:

I dont like your logic. You gave us no reasons why darkrai is a bad pick, you just say "Blahblahblah! NO!"

Stop tah tah talkin that blah blah blah.
Agreed with this. You say you don't like my logic, but at the same time you use very little logic to no logic at all. Your reasons for supporting characters are "because they're perfect/the best/I'm good with them" while your reasons to be against a character is because "the're stupid/boring" or just plain "no."

That isn't logic, that's bias.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Look when it comes down to pokemon that qaulify for smash, its popularity. End of story. And the easiest way to gain popularity is through the Anime/Movies. The only character that really isnt popular through the anime is Pokemon Trainer. Really, it comes down to how much tv time you get, and if youre either part of the newest generation or the first generation.

No one noticed my Ke$ha reference :( Thats what happens when your the token gay i suppose. *sighs*

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Toise: The entirety of this site is hardly ********. It's pretty hard to find forums that don't have their fair share of idiots. >_>
This site is no different than most of the internet, so yeah, mostly ********. Shouldn't bother you if you feel you're in good company, regardless of whether it's enlightening or entertaining. I wouldn't post here if I hated it though.

Anyway, Sakurai Blog Time:

Posts 41-50

41. Think he's asking for more Smash original songs, probably means completely original songs rather than only rearrangements
42. Asks for Dragon Chan, talks a lot about the fight with him in SPO
43. Asks for Ouendan, "I'm the happiest man in Japan," something about being cheered up by the game

44. Reads like a poem, but it's mostly about how they're excited for the game
45. Asking for the Frozen Hillside song
46. More excitement, talks about preparing for college admission (a few of these mention moving up to college actually)
47. Really long love letter to Peach, reads like a poem

48. Asks for G Red from Gotcha Force (some cult classic game made by Capcom)
49. Again with the excitement, talks about how Smash is a great game that anyone can enjoy
50. Asks for the Super Mario World ending theme, sounds like they made a home video of when they beat the game the first time and they tear up when they watch it now and then, also his SNES AC adapter broke; SamuraiPanda's translation said Sakurai was talking about the Brawl theme but it seems like he was talking about this song instead

Posts 51-60

51. Talks about how awesome Hammer Bros. are compared to everyone else in the Mario series (particularly the enemies), asks for them to appear
52. Hopes Marth returns, think he's asking for Ogma (or any Merc/Hero unit), mentions Kirby Zelda and Ganon, the latter two in regards to the new (TP) Link design

53. Asks for a song from Nazo no Murasamejo, not sure if he's referring to multiple songs or what (I haven't played the game)
54. More excitement, hopes Sakurai and co. work extra hard
55. Mostly the same as the above, I swear
56. I have no clue, but the header says it's character-related (anyone reading this should take a look, I give up)
57. More excitement/love for Smash, mentions they're learning to be a game designer
58. Even more "hope it's good" letters
59. More interest for the game, mentions something about Sonic but it doesn't seem like an outright request
60. Says the Brawl theme reminds him of the Olympics and that Smash should show up there; Sakurai's response is some joke about Smash Olympics that flies over my head

link to the SamuraiPanda thread

Some things I've noticed so far:

- A lot of the songs people requested here made it into the game; if there's a SSB4 blog (probably will be), sending music requests might not be a bad idea! Of course you'll need to be able to properly translate it or hope they take letters in English next time. Then again, these letters were handpicked, so there's no telling how many music letters didn't appear here.
- Many of these letters really are just talking about how much they love Smash, how they play it with friends all the time, how they're excited for the new game, how the trailer was awesome, how Sakurai's team should put in 200.6%, personal stuff blah blah. Frankly that stuff bores me and it's kinda vague when translated, so expect those types of posts to be skimmed over. I'm looking for content requests (especially characters), not feelings every other fan has.
- Today's posts had fewer character requests than last time. I went into these thinking it'd be 90% characters, 10% stages and music, when it seems like only half of them are about characters. Oh well.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Look when it comes down to pokemon that qaulify for smash, its popularity. End of story. And the easiest way to gain popularity is through the Anime/Movies. The only character that really isnt popular through the anime is Pokemon Trainer. Really, it comes down to how much tv time you get, and if youre either part of the newest generation or the first generation.

No one noticed my Ke$ha reference :( Thats what happens when your the token gay i suppose. *sighs*
I noticed, I just dona't care at all about Ke$ha. Sorry pal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Don't take this the wrong way, but I kind of suspected that you were gay. The avatars kind of gave me the idea. Either way, I don't care if you're gay, straight, pan, or robosexual.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't take this the wrong way, but I kind of suspected that you were gay. The avatars kind of gave me the idea. Either way, I don't care if you're gay, straight, pan, or robosexual.
Haha its not like I'm trying to hide it or anything! I am who I am. Take me or leave me :p

Anyways, lets move back to SSB4! Ive been thinking, does Mewtwo have any real chance at returning? I want him to, but it just seems unlikely for a cut character to be brought back.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Well, Mewtwo was (allegedly) the final character to be cut. If that means that Sakurai likes him or has bias towords him, only he can say(and from what I've heard, he's not saying much). Whether or not i'd like him back, I'd certainly take an improved more epic Mewtwo over Lucario any day. However, im not sure IF he can come back after being missing from a game. Thats like, against the law or somthing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom