• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the forum buddy, now. Imma go over this list and show you a few rules and commonly shared views around here!

Crash Bandicoot- Never had a Nintendo console game i do believe. That gives him already no chance to be in smash.
2 GBA games a DS game and 3 GC games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And on Star Fox, I'd rather see Leon than Krystal, but 1. Even Krystal is more important than Leon, and 2. Star Fox is kinda dead at the moment.
Why do people want to see Leon? So he can be Wolf's Falco?

Anyway, Starfox isn't dead considering that we're getting a remake of Starfox 64 on the 3DS. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an experimental title for the next entry in the series.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ugh... Leon? Kuma has it right. Why add Leon just so he can be Wolf's Falco? This is the same reason why some people want Waluigi and Daisy. So he can be Wario's Luigi and she can be Peach's Luigi. I rather see Krystal added in Smash than Leon and I don't even care about Star Fox games.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I'd just like to point out that we dont know what Roy was planned for SSBB, for all we know it couldve been a different character *coughcoughroycampbellcoughcough*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i woulda thought midan tould have been in nstead of toon link to be honest, however i reckon that the new zelda game will ber out before ssb4, and so the next sub-hero will be in ssb4 instead

majora_787

Smash Hero
I never said anything about Wolf's Falco. =\ He just seems less likely to be a clone. And I don't want Panther, because what if they make him TALK? Ugh...

And I dunno if a port of a game will count as revival to the Smash team, but... I can see a new game happening after that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never said anything about Wolf's Falco. =\ He just seems less likely to be a clone. And I don't want Panther, because what if they make him TALK? Ugh...

And I dunno if a port of a game will count as revival to the Smash team, but... I can see a new game happening after that.
How is Leon less likely to be a clone than Krystal? Unless they give Leon some kind of weapon that he's never used before, I can't see how Krystal is more prone to being a clone other than Chronobound's bizarre idea that she could be a Zamus clone.

Really, I don't want the SF characters to become the shotos of the SSB series.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How is Leon less likely to be a clone than Krystal? Unless they give Leon some kind of weapon that he's never used before, I can't see how Krystal is more prone to being a clone other than Chronobound's bizarre idea that she could be a Zamus clone.

Really, I don't want the SF characters to become the shotos of the SSB series.
It really isn't a very bizarre idea. =\ I wouldn't *complain* if we got Krystal anyway, but I'd readily accept the fact that she could easily be a semi-clone of Zamus.

Leon has a different...body type, so to speak, than Fox and Falco. That's why I say that. Some work would have to be done to actually MAKE him a semiclone.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
what's wrong with this site. It says there are 2252 pages but whenever I click on 2251 or 2252 it just brings me back to the same page.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It really isn't a very bizarre idea. =\ I wouldn't *complain* if we got Krystal anyway, but I'd readily accept the fact that she could easily be a semi-clone of Zamus.

Leon has a different...body type, so to speak, than Fox and Falco. That's why I say that. Some work would have to be done to actually MAKE him a semiclone.
A similar body type does not a semiclone candidate make.

The whole body type thing only came about because of Ganondorf and Captain Falcon. Not only that, but Ganondorf was only put in Melee because the developers had time to add him in. Chances are, if Ganondorf kept his OoT look and debuted in Brawl, he would have been a unique character.

If Krystal is worked on and not put under the same time constraints as the Melee clones, she'll be fine.

what's wrong with this site. It says there are 2252 pages but whenever I click on 2251 or 2252 it just brings me back to the same page.
It's a glitch. For some reason, once a thread becomes a certain size, it'll display nonexistent pages.

Gavi

Smash Cadet
LOL @ ppl who want animal crossing characters.

In SSB4 make Samus a tank, like she was supposed to be.

Real Online, this time.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Popularity is more important to me, especially within the fanbase. I don't want to see Jeff in even though someone like Flint may be more requested amongst the Earthbound fanbase.

Roy is a unique case as he debuted in Super Smash Bros. (not Marth lol) so he has legitimate popularity both in the SSB and Fire Emblem fanbases.

Relevance and popularity, though, can overlap easily, but you also have your dark-horse characters.
I think I should've clarified:

Mewtwo is more universally recognized on account of being from one of the best-selling video games of all time and whatnot, so "more popular" in that sense. But he's not especially relevant to Pokemon right now because of how many Pokemon there are now (including popular legendaries/movie stars) and the lack of special focus on him since the RBY and FRLG days.

Roy is more relevant to his series due to his appearance in Melee making him one of the faces in the series as well as the rather high likelihood that he'll be appearing in another game (remakes/all-star stuff, think you remember this). But obviously he's not as well known as Mewtwo because, well, Fire Emblem.

Given those two situations, which character has a higher chance of returning?

I'd say Roy because I figure relevance is more important, though I'm sure you know where I stand on both characters returning anyway. Most people here are saying Mewtwo, which is either because he made it further than Roy (fair enough) or because they figure popularity counts for more than relevance (which both lacked compared to other characters during Brawl's dev time).

@Shortie: did you ever fix that thing where people could vote multiple times on your poll?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Uh! It's funny you said that. Most of the Forbidden Seven are clones (read: "most" so the only exceptions are Dixie Kong and Mewtwo). Who took their places? Sonic. People complain about Sonic for one of two reasons: 1) he's not Nintendo or 2) all he does is spin into a ball.
You misunderstand me (assuming your commet was directed at me). i was stating that people assume clones are clones because they share animations, what I was trying to point out is that a way a character plays should determine clone status. People say Toon Link is a clone, but he plays differently from the heavy slow
bottom tier
Link.

Falco and Fox have similar attributes like fall speed, weight, speed, but they have different animations in their moves. While I don't think either are clones, Falco has more qualities I define as clone-esque than Tink and Link.

@Toise

I agree, although if people are as uppity about clones as Arcade seems to think they are, and the developers see this (though if it's Sakurai, I doubt he'll give two hoots) Mewtwo might gain an edge.

Of course they could take away any possibility of Roy being a clone to avoid any backlash..oh wait a second he has a sword, must be a clone >.>

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Toise, unfortunetly Misterpoll users cannot vote twice. I dont THINK, you can vote twice if you arent a user. But someone could try. Either way, my poll has only been used by smash boards users, and friends/deviant art users. I doubt someone would like vote krystal a million times. In fact, i get a record of how many votes go on a day. Their has never been a ten/fifteen spike unless i had been advertising the poll majorly. Its a pretty legitamite poll.

My question to you toise, is should i simply update to a new poll? It has very few options for the new franchises and retro characters. Among other questions that could be added.

*sighs* Shush. sush sush sush! Sakurai OBVIOUSLY knows that clones arent gonna fly, thats why he dropped most. Out of all the new characters we got in brawl we got how many semi clones? I expect us to get virtually none in SSB4 considering Sakurai doesnt like clones, and is probably gonna take his time like he wished he did with brawl.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/shortiecanbrawl/?action=view&current=krystal2.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/krystal starfox/bleepers3/Krystal_StarFox_Assault.jpg?o=3

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/shortiecanbrawl/?action=view&current=krystal.jpg&newest=1

Did you see any weapons, or body types that look like or are used by fox, falco, or wolf?

I didnt think so.

Leon is the equivalent of Daisy. You like the character, but they just dont belong in smash. Besides, after Krystal gets in, star fox is done. No more character slots will be needed.

I like you, Shortie. We seem to have been agreeing on many things lately.
Haha thanks :)

Edit: Major news. Krystal after leaving star fox AND star wolf, she becomes her alter Ego, Kursed. Who is changed so much (Like Link) Fox cannot recognize her when they meet again. This is one of the endings, so they COULD use this like the whole Zelda/Sheik thing.

here's Kursed:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/shortiecanbrawl/?action=view&current=kursed-1.png

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I was surprised when Ike's moves were revealed and he wasn't a clone. Usually, if a character even looks a bit similar to another, Sakurai will clonify one of them (especially if they are in the same series).

I don't think Sakurai would completely remove Roy just because he's a clone... if that was the case, he wouldn't have even been considered for Brawl. I could see Fire Emblem getting a third character, and if we don't see any more viable Fire Emblem characters soon then Roy could definitely make a return as an easy add-in, but at the same time to please fans. Who cares if he's a clone? I doubt Sakurai does, and not many people would care anyway as long as he's back in. His moveset would be tweaked a bit anyway like Falco's, Ganondorf's, and other characters were. Roy definitely has a good chance of coming back.

But why not both Roy and Mewtwo? I'd say they are both pretty likely to return, neither is more likely than the other.

My question to you toise, is should i simply update to a new poll? It has very few options for the new franchises and retro characters. Among other questions that could be added.
I could answer that question too. I think it could use an update, I'll send you a private message containing all the options for characters and other things that I think would work on the poll.

*sighs* Shush. sush sush sush! Sakurai OBVIOUSLY knows that clones arent gonna fly, thats why he dropped most. Out of all the new characters we got in brawl we got how many semi clones? I expect us to get virtually none in SSB4 considering Sakurai doesnt like clones, and is probably gonna take his time like he wished he did with brawl.
Actually, he seems to not care much about whether clones stay or not. He doesn't seem to mind adding them either. Also, there was more to the reason the five characters from Melee were cut other than the fact that they were clones.

-Pichu was maybe the only one who was cut mainly for being a clone. Plus, it was a joke character anyway that only injured itself. Wasn't exactly the most popular little thing either.
-Young Link was cut because his games were becoming out of date as Toon Link's games were becoming more familar and popular. He was replaced by Toon Link, who is still a clone (or semi-clone).
-Dr. Mario was cut only because of time limitations. He was lower priority because he wasn't all that popular and he was a bit too similar to Mario.
-Same thing with Roy and Mewtwo (although Mewtwo isn't a clone). They would have been in if it weren't for time limitations, and if Lucario and Ike weren't higher priority in Sakurai's mind.

Clones provide Sakurai with a quick character adding method in case time is running low. That seems to have happened in both Melee and Brawl and will likely happen again. Even characters that it seems Sakurai spent more time are a bit cloney. Lucas shares many standard and special moves with Ness, for example.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Toise

I agree, although if people are as uppity about clones as Arcade seems to think they are, and the developers see this (though if it's Sakurai, I doubt he'll give two hoots) Mewtwo might gain an edge.

Of course they could take away any possibility of Roy being a clone to avoid any backlash..oh wait a second he has a sword, must be a clone >.>
I was surprised when Ike's moves were revealed and he wasn't a clone. Usually, if a character even looks a bit similar to another, Sakurai will clonify one of them (especially if they are in the same series).

I don't think Sakurai would completely remove Roy just because he's a clone... if that was the case, he wouldn't have even been considered for Brawl. I could see Fire Emblem getting a third character, and if we don't see any more viable Fire Emblem characters soon then Roy could definitely make a return as an easy add-in, but at the same time to please fans. Who cares if he's a clone? I doubt Sakurai does, and not many people would care anyway as long as he's back in. His moveset would be tweaked a bit anyway like Falco's, Ganondorf's, and other characters were. Roy definitely has a good chance of coming back.
I think there are a few things to consider about clones that makes it a non-issue at this point:

** Melee's clones got a lot of heat for being too similar, but Brawl's "clones" certainly have enough of a difference for most people not to mind. Well, aside from triple Landmasters, but one would assume there'd be more divergence with each new game just like with Luigi, so those are probably gonna go.

** With the exception of Ganondorf, every clone (or almost clone) character plays or fights similarly to their base characters within their own series anyway. In that sense, it'd be kinda strange to have them suddenly so different from each other. And yeah it does mean complaining about Ganon is pretty valid (even though I like his moveset, but sometimes I just pretend it's Black Shadow).

** The number of characters with 100% fully unique movesets still greatly outnumbers the almost clones. At this point it's pretty much nitpicking or complaining that a clone took your favorite character's spot on the roster.

So yeah, no worries about people like Arc swaying Sakurai's thoughts.

I'll also mention that Marth and Roy are both lords along the lines of a Swordmaster (speedy lightweight types) whereas Ike is a Mercenary (more balanced overall), so it does kinda make sense for Roy to bear more similarities to Marth than Ike. And yeah, it's kind of a given that his moveset would've change up a bit in Brawl just like the other Melee clones.

But why not both Roy and Mewtwo? I'd say they are both pretty likely to return, neither is more likely than the other.
The only reason I say Roy is more likely is because the last two FE game have been remakes, IS explicitly said they want to remake FE6 to introduce Roy worldwide in his actual game, and one of the ideas for a new FE title was an all-star game. So basically, chances are pretty good that Roy headlines a new game between now and SSB4. Relevance points and whatnot.

Pretty sure Mewtwo doesn't have that going for him, but I still maintain that he's rather likely regardless.

@Shortie: to be frank, I'm just not a big fan of polls given how small of a sample size you usually get. Usually leads to fans of Character X trying to use it as evidence that their guy is universally accepted, but whatever. Also you probably wouldn't see a spike, more like the same people voting for the same characters every so often.

As for updating, it's not too big a deal unless you really want to include some characters. I don't remember what your poll is missing aside from Simon Belmont though.

Also read Spyder's post above me. Sakurai doesn't hate clones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Regaurdless of clone hating or not, the fact is, i gave PLENTY of exapmles of things she could use to not be a clone. If she was a clone, my dissapointment in Sakurai would be huge. Falco doesnt really give much to make him different, but Krystal does. Same with Link and Toon Link.

Ill just stop their I guess. Best not to rant.

edit: OMFG! I just went on omegle (Long story) and the first thing i got sent was this site:

http://www.ihatekrystal.com/index.php?id=2e0540eb257c70f60a3a5ffdb534402f

what the f*** are the odds!? Hah :p I was amused.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Don't mind me, just more Sakurai Blog:

Posts 81-90

81. Asking for arrangements of a song from Melee, not sure which
82. Talks a bit about Snake and Metal Gear, sounds like they're asking for Psycho Mantis but I'm not sure
83. Asks for Tal Tal Heights from LA, Orange Ocean/Aqualiss from KSS, something from Pokemon GSC (either some route theme or Victory Road), something from ActRaiser (no clue), and talks a bit about some of their favorite music from Melee
84. Sounds like they're just asking for a new FE main character to go along with Marth and Roy
85. "Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Wow. I want to play it right now."
86. Talks about Geno for a bit, I think I might look for Fatman's translations tomorrow
87. Suggests a P-Balloon from SMW as an item, sounds sorta like Jiggs' final smash
88. Talks a lot about Zelda and Sheik, just some general excitement
89. Some weird sorta-poem thing where he talks about Fox Falco and Captain Falcon (compares names between the latter two)
90. Guy asks for Sakurai not to cut any characters; pretty long Sakurai response that's fully translated in the SamuraiPanda thread so go read that, but short version is "sorry, but not everyone will return"

Posts 91-100

91. Talks about how exciting it was to see all of the new characters and rambles for a bit about Snake in particular
92. More excitement/life stories
93. Think they're asking for Yoshi to be a little stronger this time around, excited to fight new characters
94. Talks about how much they love Marth and Doc, mentions how the latter feels just a little better than Mario
95. Excited for Meta Knight, asks for the two main songs from Meta Knight's Revenge (pretty much as they appeared in Brawl), asks for Lucas and Claus, suggests alt colors that "switches" them (sorta like ICs, but doesn't sound like a pair thing, so maybe more like Mario/Luigi/Wario colors)
96. More excitement, "careful to avoid dehydration"
97. Talks about how awesome Marth Roy Link Zelda Ganon and Young Link are, sounds like they're also asking for Lyn, excited for Meta Knight and ZSS
98. Asks for the Marx Battle song from KSS
99. Talks about Nintendogs, not sure if they're asking for them to be playable or wondering what happened in the trailer (I don't remember if ATs were explained by that point)
100. Says they were so excited they were shouting at the screen hysterically; Sakurai thanks him for appreciating the trailer and whatnot

Shortie if you're saving these as posts rather than links, you should insert the corresponding SamuraiPanda translation bits between every 10th post.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@Toise

I agree with mostly everything you said, though I'm not sure that Roy would necessarily have to return along the Speedy marth-esqe line. IRC his stats are all basically balanced (granted they are all weak, but balanced) and the FE universe is rather limiting when it comes to movepools, so I see there being no issue with Roy diverging completely from playing like Marth. Again IRC, Marth wasn't a terribly fast unit (skill was his highest skill) and Ike was much more balanced than the powerhouse they made him My Ikes always had higher speed than strength...odd growths perhaps).

Though You also could be right, and he could be kep Marth-like if he was included.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the thnig with roy/marht/ike is the general popularity thing, marth was in to represent his series, and roy was in to advertise the new fire emblem gmae that had come out, featuring him.
now lets look at games theyve all been in
marth has had 3 games inclusing one remake, one of the three has been released worldwide
ike has had 2 games and both were relased worldwide
roy has had one game which was only sold in japan

yasee waht i mean?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Compare the order of characters in page 1 and 3 of Group Records in Brawl. Following the numbers, the column on the left is from page 1 and the right column is from page 3. Note the differences...

1. :mario2: :mario2: 8. :pikachu2: :pikachu2: 15. :popo: :popo: 22. :lucas: :pit: 29. :lucario: :ike:
2. :dk2: :dk2: 9. :luigi2: :luigi2: 16. :falco: :marth: 23. :diddy: :olimar: 30. :marth: :rob:
3. :link2: :link2: 10. :falcon: :falcon: 17. :ganondorf: :gw: 24. :dedede: :lucas: 31. :gw: :jigglypuff:
4. :samus2: :samus2: 11. :ness2: :ness2: 18. :wario: :falco: 25. :ike: :diddy: 32. :jigglypuff: :toonlink:
5. :yoshi2: :yoshi2: 12. :bowser2: :bowser2: 19. :metaknight: :ganondorf: 26. :rob: :pt: 33. :toonlink: :wolf:
6. :kirby2: :kirby2: 13. :peach: :peach: 20. :pit: :wario: 27. :snake: :dedede: 34. :wolf: :snake:
7. :fox: :fox: 14. :zelda: :zelda: 21. :olimar: :metaknight: 28. :pt: :lucario: 35. :sonic: :sonic:

Characters from 1 to 15 are ordered accordingly to SSB and Melee that it can easily be divided into two parts. 1-11 are SSB and 12-15 are Melee and they are ordered the same way in both page 1 and 3 of Group Records in Brawl.

Beyond this point, it starts to get a little bit mixed but it can pretty much be divided into four parts: SSB, Melee, Brawl, and late additions. On page 1, SSB group is 1-11, Melee group is 12-17, Brawl group is 18-29, and the late additions are 30-35. On page 3, SSB group is 1-11, Melee group is 12-19, Brawl group is 20-30, and the late additions are 31-35.

It seems to me that page 1 is the before and page 3 is the after. It seems like it because Marth and Mr. Game & Watch were moved from the late additions to the Melee group while Snake is moved to just before Sonic (I assume it is because third party characters are listed last). The only unusual thing about page 3 is that Jigglypuff was not moved to the SSB group. It seems that Mr. Game & Watch and Marth were probably the first removed characters to be added back and Jigglypuff was added much later with the other last-minute clones like Toon Link and Wolf. It seems that the most of the Forbidden Seven were most likely the last-minute additions Sakurai planned to add back in Brawl to make the roster bigger but dropped them in favor of Sonic.

I think Sakurai would rather remove the clones and outdated characters first in favor of new characters with more unique movesets or replacement characters with similar yet different movesets. I also think Sakurai would add back the removed characters and add more clones only when he needs to make the roster bigger in the last minute.

I think the following characters were originally removed from Brawl and were added back later to make the roster bigger.

Marth (along with Roy) in favor of Ike
Jigglypuff (along with Mewtwo and Pichu) in favor of Pokemon Trainer and Lucario
Ness in favor of Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch in favor of R.O.B.
Young Link updated into Toon Link

I am starting to think that these characters along with the Forbidden Seven are now considered as back-up additions to make the roster bigger in case Sakurai needs to do so on a short notice. I think Lucario, Ike, Wolf, and Toon Link could now be considered back-up additions for SSB4. If Sakurai couldn't come up with a moveset for a new Fire Emblem character, he could just fall back on Ike or Roy (at least Marth is safe since he has two remakes on the DS now). If he couldn't come up with a moveset for Krystal, he could just fall back on Wolf or worse, make her into another Fox clone with her own Landmaster. If he couldn't come up with a moveset for Tingle or a new Zelda character, he could just fall back on Toon Link or worse, add Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik and we would have four Light Arrow Final Smashes!

Additionally, if Sakurai couldn't come up with a moveset for Toad or Bowser Jr., he could just make Bowser Jr. into a Bowser clone or just add Dr. Mario back. If Sakurai doesn't have enough time to add two or three brand-new Pokemon after adding Zoroark such as Meowth and 2nd gen or 5th gen starters, he could just fall back on Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pichu, and the 1st gen starters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why is it the forbidden seven still? Wasn't one of them just as able to be "Random" as "Plusle and Minun" or something like that?

Also, a lightweight/midweight Bowser clone would be so weird... Falcon and Ganondorf weren't too far away in weight in melee, but the difference there was big as it is.

That's like Mario with Bowser's moveset. xD

I think it would be interesting for them to bring in ideas they never got to using, even if I do think it's a bit late to throw in most of them.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Toise

I agree with mostly everything you said, though I'm not sure that Roy would necessarily have to return along the Speedy marth-esqe line. IRC his stats are all basically balanced (granted they are all weak, but balanced) and the FE universe is rather limiting when it comes to movepools, so I see there being no issue with Roy diverging completely from playing like Marth. Again IRC, Marth wasn't a terribly fast unit (skill was his highest skill) and Ike was much more balanced than the powerhouse they made him My Ikes always had higher speed than strength...odd growths perhaps).

Though You also could be right, and he could be kep Marth-like if he was included.
Well it was directed towards Spyder since he said non-clone Ike surprised him, but I meant that in line with their source animations/weapons and the general "this lord is closest to this class" kind of thought. But yeah, Roy should always be the medium between speed and power compared to Marth and Ike. Also more flashy wide swings, I love those.

Kinda surprised I was able to get two Sakurai blog posts on one page:

Posts 101-110

101. Asks for MK64 Rainbow Road, Luigi's Circuit, and the Forest Maze from SMRPG
102. Sounds like they're asking for a FE character, but I don't see any names; also mentions the new Link design and Pikachu
103. Asks for King Dedede and compares him to Oda Nobunaga for some reason

104. Loves the trailer, asks for a Japanese translation to the lyrics from the main theme
105. Long post about how they love F-Zero and Captain Falcon, think they're asking for other F-Zero characters but not sure
106. Hopes to play Brawl online now that their friends have moved away, hopes there's voice chat
107. Talks about growing up playing as Yoshi or something, says something about the original Smash 64 cast being nice
108. Asks for Toon Link, requests a Deku Leaf special move and waving around the baton
109. Talks about Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru for a bit and mentions how Prince Richard appeared in Link's Awakening
110. Sounds like a story about how they went to a tournament in the 6th grade and felt like the older players lost on purpose to make him feel good (or maybe they're the older player, not sure), also likes Fox and Falco; Sakurai says some stuff about losing on purpose

Posts 111-120

111. Sounds like they're talking about/maybe asking for Toon Link, not sure
112. Asks for Super Mario Sunshine songs, sounds like it's the athletic theme for FLUDD-less bonus levels and one of the songs for the undersea parts in Noki Bay (probably the boss music, but I barely remember any of the music from that level)
113. More "thanks for making this happen and do your best!" stuff
114. Excited for Snake Wario and Meta Knight, talks for a while about how awesome Mewtwo is
115. Excited for Zero Suit Samus and Meta Knight

116. Asks for a Runaway Five song from EarthBound
117. Excited for Zero Suit Samus, calls her sexy
118. Talks about how they like Ninten better than Ness, also asks for Power Pro characters (JP only baseball series from Konami)
119. Excited for Meta Knight and the Halberd, asks for the Meta Knight's Revenge songs and an appearance by the Meta-Knights (probably as a stage hazard; also screw Knuckle Joe, those guys are way cooler)

120. Here's another letter from outside Japan, writer is from Korea; glad to see Pit return, hopes for Kingdom Hearts characters, possibly other 3rd party characters and King Dedede as well, and asks if a DS Smash will ever be made; Sakurai thanks him for writing from Korea and says a DS game would be pretty sweet, but to look forward to the Wii one for now

SamuraiPanda link

Google Translate is painful on the eyes sometimes

Excellence

Smash Champion
I hope the list goes:

Mario
Luigi
Peach (With Paisy costume)
Bowser
Kid Koopa
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Kid Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)
Mewtwo
Samus (Zero Suit Samus)
Ice Climbers
Ike
Roy
Marth
Ness
Lucas
Claus
Yoshi
Birdo
Snake
Sonic
Knuckles
Tails
Shadow
Megaman
Wario
Olimar
Stafy
Isaac

They're just hopes. xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hope the list goes:

Mario
Luigi
Peach (With Paisy costume)
Bowser
Kid Koopa
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Kid Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)
Mewtwo
Samus (Zero Suit Samus)
Ice Climbers
Ike
Roy
Marth
Ness
Lucas
Claus
Yoshi
Birdo
Snake
Sonic
Knuckles
Tails
Shadow
Megaman
Wario
Olimar
Stafy
Isaac

They're just hopes. xD
Kid Koopa? I'm not sure what exactly you mean by that.

Slippy? ....Even though it pains me to say this, I think Krystal is actually a better use of roster space. I guess everyone has to be eaten by SOMETHING on the foodchain... <_<

Why would they skip the 2nd generation with Pokemon Trainer, if they change him?

Birdo... I'm not entirely sure what to say on that, actually...

Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow? Okay... Really... I think we're good to go with 3rd parties from Sonic the Hedgehog. I mean, this isn't Super Smash Bros: Nintendo vs Sega.

Megaman... Meh.

Starfy/Stafy/Whatever... Meh.

I honestly would LIKE a DS smash bros. if they can pull it off well. I could see tapping the screen with the stylus to aim projectile attacks, or tracing paths for Pit's arrows. But I dunno.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, since everyone is making a roster, i guess ill make my personal wish roster!

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Vaati

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT (Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Yoshi

Wario
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool

Samus/Zss
Ridley
Dark Samus

Pit
Medusa

Kirby
MetaKnight
King Dedede

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Marth
Ike
Lyn
Black Knight

Ness
Lucas

Ice climbers
Game and Watch
Bubbles

Olimar
Isaac
Starfy
Little Mac

Sonic
Snake
Bomberman
Megaman

Thats fifty, now here are the five dispasable characters:
Bubbles
King K Rool
Black Knight
Dark Samus
Isaac

This is the five "thow in" characters is for some crazy reason he needed semi clones to buff the roster!
Lololo and Lalala
Dixie Kong
Roy
Balloon Fighter
Lucario

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Sigh, you guys all seem to talk about characters and characters and characters. Is that the only thing that matters in Smash? What about new game modes or special matches (special melee/brawl)? Aren't there event matches that you would love to see in the new Smash? They could have some optional matches that are unlocked based on the way that you play, like one where you face an ambush from your secondaries as you use your main. According to the match's description, they're attacking you because THEY aren't your favorite.

Or what about one when you play as the Pkmn Trainer and you use your pokemon to bring down the wild ones? The wild ones are usually the ones that you find in pokeballs during the regular matches. And at the end of the fight, you either make it faint or throw a trophy stand at it. This could work as a way to unlock more pokemon for regular fights.

And maybe there can be an event match where you fight assist trophies. Having an actual battle with them is the closest they'll get to playable.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sigh, you guys all seem to talk about characters and characters and characters. Is that the only thing that matters in Smash? What about new game modes or special matches (special melee/brawl)? Aren't there event matches that you would love to see in the new Smash? They could have some optional matches that are unlocked based on the way that you play, like one where you face an ambush from your secondaries as you use your main. According to the match's description, they're attacking you because THEY aren't your favorite.

Or what about one when you play as the Pkmn Trainer and you use your pokemon to bring down the wild ones? The wild ones are usually the ones that you find in pokeballs during the regular matches. And at the end of the fight, you either make it faint or throw a trophy stand at it. This could work as a way to unlock more pokemon for regular fights.

And maybe there can be an event match where you fight assist trophies. Having an actual battle with them is the closest they'll get to playable.
This is a large thread, we have talked on everything else. It just always comes back to characters

majora_787

Smash Hero

Game matches? Honestly, there's only so much that can be done. =\ The one in Brawl is pretty good.

And a match where the secondaries attack you as your main? They would have to be able to keep track of characters used by names. And not everyone USES names.

We'd have to make all pokemon attackable to do that, and it makes them less... Them.

Surviving a match against a lot of assist trophies does sound interesting, but they already do that in an event match where you survive Andross.

And yeah, we've talked about a lot of stuff. So much stuff, we always get back to one of the most popular topics that is also one of the most variable: Characters.

UberMario

Smash Master
Trust me, I've tried changing the subject numerous times, it always comes back to character rosters, of course, like majora said, that's the most variable area, but it would be nice if people went deeper into their ideas rather than the constant list of names. (Not saying some people don't, but most do)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hmm..I see. Well, it all makes sense as to why characters were being talked about so much. So thanks to all of you for clearing that up.

That secondaries' jealousy event match was an example of an optional one btw, mainly because I don't even use names in smash. The point you made about the pokemon was a good one Majora, but all of these were just speculation.

Once again, thank you all for the explanation.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I think they should bring Board the Platforms back. I f*ing loved that as a kid

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Click the link in my sig. I made that group solely because it always goes back to characters.

The group isn't currently super active, but it's there when you need it.

And just to give this post space so it'll show up: I went to a gigantic Super Street Fighter IV tournament today and I made it all the way to the top sixteen with an underdog character. When people were watching me and watched me win, the crowd went wild.

My match even made it to the stream so I had a great day even though I didn't win!

Danny_Lyons

Smash Rookie
Make online chat something like on the ps3 or xbox 360

instead of having us use that crappy roster chat thing which limits you by ALOT.

More characters

Bring back ROY!!! :[

and Uhhh.....

Bring back the Melee fast paced movements xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom